Bones Sneak Peek: Freddie Prinze Jr.'s in Hot Pursuit as Booth Reunites with an Old Friend

Bones is getting an infusion of new blood in Season 9 (premiering Sept. 16 at 8/7c), and we have your first look at Freddie Prinze, Jr. as a CIA agent who shares a history with Booth.

And he’s not the only blast from the G-man’s past.

VIDEO | Bones Season 9 Spoilers — David Boreanaz, Emily Deschanel Preview Big ‘Changes’

Still reeling from the events of last May’s season ender, Booth gets confessional with an ex-priest pal (played by Mather Zickel).

Check out the photo gallery and video and then head to the comments with your thoughts/hopes/expectations for Season 9.

1. Andy says:

Speaking of Freddie Prinze, Jr., if Psych is able to get a 9th season, I think it would be fun to have Freddie come back for an episode.

2. Freddie Prinze, Jr. was so good playing Cole Ortiz on 24.

3. Lucy says:

Yes finally!!! ooh David and Freddie HUBBA HUBBA!

4. Mrs. Peele says:

i’ll be happy if they end the ridiculous pelant story line.

• Sarah says:

@Mrs. Peele

Me too. And I think they are before the Christmas break.

• Kwapple says:

I think 9×04 is the Pelant episode…hoping he takes a bullet to the head

• Sarah says:

@Kwapple

Well, SN recently said that we get 6 episodes before the World Series break and that it’s going out with a ‘bang’. To me, that sounds like the Pelant episode, but I could be wrong. Also, that’s how I want him to go out, too, but I can’t decide if I want Booth, Brennan, or Max to do it. Or if I want B&B to do it together in secret.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

9×01-The Secret in the Proposal
            9×02-The Butcher in the Car (Actual title is spanish)
            9×03-The Cheat in the Retreat (Tony/Roxy ep)
            9×04-The Sense in the Sacrifice (Pelant)
            9×05-The Lady on the List (Ep with Chuck Liddell)
            9×06-The Woman in White (Wedding)

Unless they move Dude in the Dam up, B&B wedding is the last episode before the hiatus

• Kimberly says:

I stopped watching Bones because of Pelant. Good to know I can return to Bones this season.

• Charmala says:

I did too. I have them on my DVR but just cant watch them (both the canopy one and the finale) It is so sad because I haven’t missed an episode since the pilot but I may have to stop watching the show because of the direction it has taken. If I wanted dark and mean there are so many options, Bones shouldn’t be one of them. I wanted humorous drama with heart, like Bones has been. THIS SHOW HAS BEEN RUINED. I just want to cry.

• John says:

I didn’t stop but that all powerful nonsense definitely eroded my enjoyment.

• Mrs. Peele says:

pelant’s character is being written as omnipotent and he is able to get into any computer system, cell phone, accounts etc. and do as he pleases. all from home. he murders people and gets away with it; he tries to frame bones and almost gets away with it. but the last straw was that he threatened booth about harming his family if he married bones. now that is just too much. and it seems like the only people who know what’s going on are the jeffersonian group. if this man has that much power, he could topple the government, create deadly accidents and who knows what else and appear to have never left his home. he drained hodgin’s bank account and whatever else he did in the season finale. i’m just sick of the way the character has control over ‘everything’ and only these few people take him seriously or even believe what is going on.

5. murley says:

Am I the only bones fan who has been enjoying pelant? He’s like a bond villain!

• Kwapple says:

I loved Pelant in his first episode. I liked the puzzle he left them and the disappearing corpse stunt he pulled. If that was the Pelant we had now he’d be my favorite serial killer because he could be so much fun. Unfortunately the writers got carried away and now he’s omnipotent. The Houdini act gets old. As Pelant goes, the “how” is always going to tick me off, but the “why” intrigues me

6. Soopah Soopah Soopah says:

You all hate Pelant? AREN’T WE SUPPOSED TO?

7. Liz says:

And now all we need is Sarah Michelle Gellar in the middle!! :)
    I love Booth & Brennan, but Angel & Buffy will always be my N°1 fave couple…