Fall TV Preview

Bones Exclusive First Look: Booth and Brennan's 12 New 'Co-Stars' Revealed!

Booth and Brennan may start off Bones‘ ninth season in a hopeless place, but their portrayers, David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel, were all smiles at the Fox hit’s recent gallery shoot — and the proof is below.

VIDEO | First Bones Season 9 Footage Tees Up Tension for Booth and Brennan (and a New Gig for Sweets)

Scroll down for an exclusive first look at the longtime co-stars putting their best face forward amid a sea of super-sized skeleton balloons, and then promptly save this date: Bones returns Monday, Sept. 16 on Fox.

bones season 9

Comments (56)

• Thanks tvline for giving Bones some love! Way better than FOX network who I have yet to actually see promo the season premier during primetime or any time…sort it out FOX!!

Comment by amber – August 30, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @amber, agreed, where are the Bones promos, two weeks and nothing. If I see one more SleepHollow promo, I will hurl.

Comment by 1mars – August 30, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, we got our promos alright…managed to get shirtless Booth in the process

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – August 30, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why haven’t I seen any promos on TV for Bones

Comment by Lorraine Pace – August 30, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FOX hates Bones

Comment by Kwapple – August 30, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fox doesn’t hate Bones, Fox just takes the Bones fans for granted.

Comment by frankie707 – August 30, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • lol maybe cause they know we are so loyal to them (bones) that we already know whats going on

Comment by michelle – August 30, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hate the story line with that dirtbag that has invaded their house. i’s sick of the story line. get rid of him!!!!!!!!!!!!! how smart are bones and booth not to have their house checked for video equipment and how smart do they think the fans are????????? I wont watch bones anymore until they get rid of this nutbag. the writer are as nuts as he is. this is why I quit watching red john story. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by jerry funderburk – September 24, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think at this point they think Bones isn’t going to grow in the ratings. It has it’s hardcore fanbase and that isn’t likely to change. Hence why they are putting a more promotional push towards their new shows.

Comment by Steven – August 30, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES move to Fridays starting November 8th may very well be the beginning of the end of the Emily Deschanel/David Boreanaz series. :-(

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 30, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well aren’t you a little ray of sunshine? :p It isn’t written in stone that BONES moves to Friday…and if it does, it’s not the end of the world…it repeats well on Friday and it if it maintains a good rating for a Friday S10 will be a shoe in…unlike Monday which is a dog fight for the rating share.

Comment by anon – August 30, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who cares anon. Not a good mind reader aren’t you?

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 30, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think that Bones is still solid for Fox, so Fridays will just probably give them less challenging competition than Mondays did. I agree that if it maintains good numbers, it should be back for Season 10!

Comment by Robin – September 6, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Technically speaking it is potentially every tv series, now airing, last season unless they are fortunate enough to have a multi season pick up prior….lets not be doom and gloom with only Bones. :)

Comment by lucy – August 30, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • These days, Fridays seem to be nearly a regular night of programming for most network channels. CBS has always been a fan of Fridays, and most of the networks seem to be joining them in recent years. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I’d be more worried about Bones being an ensemble show getting up there in years. The economics of that situation tends to result in cancellations even when the ratings don’t suggest death.

Comment by Brooke – August 30, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bones is like Castle and Moonlighting on “steroids”. Moving to Fridays come November 8th may or may not have the same fate Fox was with Fringe and Touch. Don’t be some wannabe TV critic and get over it or perhaps wait until May 2014 when 24: Live Another Day premieres. :-( :-(

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 30, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Bones returns Monday, Sept. 16 on Fox.” – taken from the original tvline article above! NOT Fridays

Comment by Sandie – August 30, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Currently Fox plans to move Bones to Friday nights after the baseball World Series, which means unless something changes in November Bones will move to Friday nights. I just will look at it as an opportunity to stay up late discussing the show online with other Bones fans. :) And again I think it’s Fox taking the Bones fans for granted. We’ve followed them all over the schedule, why not follow them to Friday night.

Comment by frankie707 – August 30, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Robin – September 6, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • according to an interview with Emily and David they will be moving to Friday nights in November.

Comment by Cathy – August 30, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Monday has them fighting Dancing with the Stars. Tuesday would have them fighting NCIS or SHIELD. Wednesday would have them fighting Survivor, X-Factor, and Revolution. Thursday has them fighting TBBT. Friday has them fighting Undercover Boss and Dateline. Friday seems like the best chance to grab viewers, and as was said above, CBS is putting a lot of energy into its Friday night lineup with H5O and Blue Bloods. Bones at 8 is a good time slot, IMO because it has no direct competition.

Comment by Badpenny – August 30, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bones competition on Monday is much more than DWTS…it’s The Voice, CBS comedy block (HIMYM + ?), and Monday night football too…8pm Monday ìs a brutal slot and keeps Fox steady during their time there.

Comment by lucy – August 30, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So you’d rather have them be the 4th place show on Mondays then the potential 1st or 2nd place show on Friday? Clearly even the Fox execs don’t think that. :)

Comment by Badpenny – August 30, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Friday suits me fine. It doesn’t interfer with Tuesday and Thursday shows.

Comment by Eunice Qualls – August 30, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Guess you didn’t mention about Almost Human aren’t you, Badpenny? BTW, how many episodes will Bones have on Mondays before it moves to Fridays come 11-8-13?

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 30, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t spend time worrying about untested series. Almost Human is untested. It might do great or it might bomb. As it has no established audience there’s no way to say. Check out one of Hart’s recent interviews where he states it’s possible Bones might not move at all, so even he’s uncertain of AH’s fate. :)
          As far as how many episodes before the move to Friday? I don’t know. I’m guessing around 7-8, but then it breaks for the baseball playoffs as well.

Comment by Badpenny – August 31, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not if you love Bones. You just go where they go and that’s all there is to it.

Comment by Leora Kemp – August 30, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The one challenge is that for some, such as myself, that following might be setting a TiVo Season pass and they really prefer to give the advertisers as many live eyes as possible….

Comment by John – September 4, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, with all the fans out there, this show is going to survive, love this team of actors, love the show.

Comment by Rose Diaz – August 31, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, can hardly wait until you start your new season

Comment by Dotty – August 30, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember that we are the most loyal fans!

N’oubliez pas que nous sommes les fans les plus fidèles !!!

Comment by Aurélie A - BELGIUM – August 30, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love Bones and I have 6 of the seasons on DVD waiting for the next 2 to come out. So gglad to hear that they are going to finally tie the knot.

Comment by Carol – August 30, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as long as I get to see it I dont care when its on

Comment by regina shaw – August 30, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones has been moved several times. Its just liked and has uber loyal fans. I Hope they keep the team! Hated it when we lost Zack.(and Vincent). Wont know what to think if we lost anyone else.

Comment by Dale Cresswell – August 30, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped wiatching it, haven’t seen season 8. Are they still solving crimes?

Comment by Pepper – August 30, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then why are you interested in these posts?

Comment by Kathleen – August 30, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watched seven seasons of this show because I enjoyed it. I read posts about it because I want to see if it’s okay to start watching it again.

Comment by Pepper – August 30, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like changing the characters. It isn’t a good idea.

Comment by 2791983 – August 30, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they were referring to the balloons

Comment by Kwapple – August 30, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fridays tv shows moves are notorious to be known for the end of the show.

Comment by Lane – August 30, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Bones has been in every time slot known to man yet I have forgone watching other shows I really like simply because it interfered with Bones (even if it’s a rerun I won’t flip to the other channel) I also never miss it when they replay it weekends on NBC late, after SNL (this may only be in my region). FOX is fully aware that the loyal hardcore Bones fans are just like me! What disappoints me is that Bones doesn’t get the reconition that other syndicated crime shoes get world wide! You always here about the legend of Law and Order etal, CSI etal, Criminal Minds (which I also love), just to name a few, I think it’s time for Bones to get the world wide reconition and love they deserve. I don’t know who to blame for this since I know the Bones fans themselves are uber loyal and the show is syndicated on network and several cable channels, FOX could show them more love but I don’t think it’s their fault either. Maybe they need a new PR person who has the ability to make them the cult classic they deserve to be! Just my 2 cents, anyone else agree?

Comment by erin – August 30, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • just leavin a reply cause I forgot to check the box that notifies me of further conversation! ;)

Comment by erin – August 30, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m watching it in Poland (so “World Wide” is not a problem), and I know it has many fans here as well.

Comment by ankiris – September 2, 2013 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    either. Maybe they need a new PR person who has the ability to make them the cult classic they deserve to be! Just my 2 cents, anyone else agree? * sorry for the double post but I forgot to check the notify me of follow up comments box!

Comment by erin – August 30, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually, there are 14 balloons… Not 12!

*totally random but still significant point*

Comment by @PortmanReview – August 30, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Bones. Japanese exchange student came back to see future episodes. Love, Love Bones. Watch over and over. Would love to see Zack again.

Comment by Maggie Lamb – August 30, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any idea when it will broadcast on British tv?
    We are very loyal fans too.
    We have to wait till after ut airs in the USA.

Comment by Gwyn – August 30, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Early January 2014

Comment by Alison – August 31, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why do they insist of such heavy photoshopping in these promo pics? these are good looking people for gods sake!! they need to stop making them look like plastic! other than that, I love Bones!! I’ve watched since the beginning like everyone… even though here in Australia we are behind, (god bless the internet). Can’t wait for Season 9.

Comment by Jules (@Ima_TV_Junkie) – August 30, 2013 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch the show anymore, but I would love to have one of those balloons!

Comment by sophonisbe – August 30, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday , Thursday or Friday I do not care can Bones season 9 start already?

Comment by susanas59 – August 31, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she wants
    to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over
    here.

Comment by beachbikinibody.in – September 11, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why keep messing with Bones. I think it is the best show on tv. I could care less what you put it up against I will still search and watch.

Comment by Margaret – December 17, 2013 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post