Longmire (Not Quite) Renewed for Season 3

longmire renewedA&E’s Longmire appears thisclose to lassoing a third season.

On Thursday, exec producer John Coveny announced on Twitter that the hit drama had been renewed for Season 3 — something the network has yet to confirm. (An A&E rep declined to comment.)

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Insiders tell TVLine that Coveny jumped the gun and that no deal is currently in place for a third season. A pickup seems likely though, as Monday’s Season 2 finale hit season highs in total viewers and key demos.

1. corning girl says:

Longmire was a long drink of cool water in the very dry summer viewing. The stories are terrific, the characters deep and convoluted and human. A&E, you’ve got to keep this series going or we’re going to be very disappointed….very.

2. Richard Lowrie says:

Ex

3. Need to return soon!!!!!!!

4. ronmeadows says:

i ve been watchin n watchin this longmire season 1& 2 over n over ! love this show Cant wait see watt happens next !!!!get on with it !

5. CNT says:

Please renew Longmire for a season 3…We love this show!

6. Heidi Clark says:

WE ALL ARE WAITTING FOR SEASON 3 TO COME ON!!!! LONGMIRE IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER!!!!

7. Amy Dean says:

Is Longmire going to be back for the 2014 season? Love love love this show. Please keep on the air and get rid of other shows that portray women as idiots. All the actors and actresses on Longmire are great.

8. Dawn says:

When will it be available on Netflix? We love the show and season 2 has us hanging plz say it will be soon for NETFLIX

9. Jim Guinnessey says:

A great show!

10. Kaye Nail says:

Love the Longmire series.It’s the best show on TV,along with Criminal Minds,& NCIS.Hope Longmire runs for many years.I’m totally sick of most of the reality shows.

11. Kaye Nail says:

Longmire is the best show on TV.It’s the only Tv show I watch,except for HGTV.I hope to see it running for many years to come.

12. love longmire look forward to his show ach week, so please don,t cancelityou already canceled m othershoe “the glades” there is really nothing else but stupid shows that i refuse to watch. s please keep longmire on…….

13. Sherree says:

Please do third season this a excellent show want to see what happen Walt and the rest of the actors.

14. JUDY RACICOT says:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LONGMIRE. IT IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV. WHY IS IT ON FOR SUCH A SHORT TIME EVERY YEAR. IT SHOULD BE ON WEEKLY LIKE NCIS OR CHICAGO FIRE. IT IS THE BEST SHOW IVE SEEN IN A VERY LONG TIME I AM HAVING LONGMIRE WITHDRAWAL ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK SOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Cheryl Graham says:

Absolutely love this show. Best show on TV.

16. Sherrill Grunsky says:

I love this show. Look forward to watchine every week

17. Donna says:

Longmire is one of the best shows on TV – I can not wait until the new season begins.

18. M. Rawson says:

Bring back Longmire.A&E cancels a great TV show and keeps adding more of the same crappy reality shows. Enough is Enough. Way too much reality TV on now a days.

19. KBooth says:

My comment is about the tv show “Longmire”. If it is canceled, I will not, repeat NOT be watching anything A & E airs anymore. Reason is Longmire is a great show and there are so frw of them on TV now. It is also the only show that my sports fanatic husband will watch – other than all those sports shows. That should show the executives at A & E something about the shows value. If you can get a guy away from football to watch a drama then it must be a winner. I have said my piece – keep Longmire on for many more seasons!

20. My hubby & I enjoy Longmire & would like to see it continue..

21. Vicki Thomas says:

When did A &E turn so STUPID that they cancel the series but still keep the advertisement going? Are they trying to rub it in our faces? I will not by another thing that is advertised on that channel since they want the younger crowd, we don’t want them! I don’t even get to watch Duck Dynasty again but I won’t have anything more to do with A & E & their sponsors!

22. Tim Ball says:

Do NOT cancel Longmire PLEASE

23. Erik says:

Any word on if Longmire TV Series is coming back for a third season???? Love the show! Hope it returns for another season!!

24. Erik says:

Wow!!! I just read a bunch of comments, so good to hear their are others like me that love that show!!! So…come on A&E, LISTEN to your viewers (we support your network!!!!!) Give us our great show to offset all that ‘reality’ junk we have to suffer through!!!! WE WANT LONGMIRE !!!!!’