Longmire (Not Quite) Renewed for Season 3

Get More: Renewals

longmire renewedA&E’s Longmire appears thisclose to lassoing a third season.

On Thursday, exec producer John Coveny announced on Twitter that the hit drama had been renewed for Season 3 — something the network has yet to confirm. (An A&E rep declined to comment.)

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Insiders tell TVLine that Coveny jumped the gun and that no deal is currently in place for a third season. A pickup seems likely though, as Monday’s Season 2 finale hit season highs in total viewers and key demos.

Tags: ,

Comments (227)

• Please keep Longmire on the station lineup. This is the best thing going on television other than the Glades (and look what your idiot execs did to that show)! You need to fire your execs and put new ones in that make better decisions. If Longmire is cancelled I will NEVER watch another show of any venue again on A&E.

Comment by Jenny – September 23, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am 100% behind you. I love Longmire,great acting and great stories.

Comment by Linda Magoon – September 23, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANKS, THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO ALSO.

Comment by Bruce – October 21, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So when is the season 3 premiere . What day does it start?

Comment by Fross Cruz'er Medran (@jjrogue) – September 25, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is the only show on A & E that is worth watching! Please renew for more seasons.

Comment by Rita – September 29, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You have 5 million viewers for Longmire and you can’t figure out if you should keep this great show for another season? What’s wrong with you guys!!!!!

Comment by Alfred j holubecki – October 2, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Five million viewers and you want to cancel Longmire….what’s wrong with you guys !!!!!

Comment by Alfred j holubecki – October 2, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep the show going it is agreat show

Comment by ron – October 5, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Longmire”: Great series, very good actors and story line, A&E finally had a show that has a following with repeat veiwers and they can’t decide to renew the series, they must have the same level of common sense as some of the politicians running our country,

Comment by Larry – October 6, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you 100%

Comment by Linda M – October 6, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I accidentally found Longmire on A&E and am hooked on it One show you can watch with a family and truly enjoy. The acting is great and the scripts rivitinh.

Comment by Beulah Aylor – November 12, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is the poop. Def wanna see it go for at least ten seasons. There shouldn’t even be a question or a seconds hesitation about running the show for years.

Comment by cowboy – October 6, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is the best show on tv. It is excellent in that it is well written and well casted. We are faithful viewers of Longmire and hope that it is renewed for season 3 and many more seasons beyond!

Comment by J – October 6, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I just love this show.

Comment by Linda M – October 7, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is awesome & needs to be saved, my Dad, husband & myself included look forward to this show every week & I have even been saving it on my cable box. We also enjoy watching The Glades, thank you for making television worth watching again!

Comment by Lynn Beard – October 6, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also love this show. The acting and the writing

Comment by Linda M – October 7, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, I hope it returns.

Comment by Steve – October 8, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bting Longmire back!!!!!!!!

Comment by Pat Coffey – October 9, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Long mire must get renewed. Already told lots of & friends to watch. They are , but can’t find it. Please get this show on the air. It’s by far the best show on TV.

Comment by Tom brinker – October 9, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Longmire! I want to see season 3. I just placed an order for season 2 DVD Come on A & E get it together and give us another season.

Comment by Linda M – October 9, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with everyone above Longmire is the most wholesome and well written seen on A&E as well as other channels. The storyline is good and it is clean. Love writing and acting from the stars of the show. Bring it Back!!!!

Comment by Jean Mitchell – October 11, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im on this site because my husband has been asking me almost every day when Longmire will be back on..so I was trying to find out for him. Like many others we both look forward to the next episode .. who needs reality shows (that are not even real) Give us some good old fashion ENTERTAINMENT..and a longer season as well!!

Comment by RDEKW – October 14, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I DONT WATCH ALOT OF TV BUT NCIS AND LONGMIRE IS NIGHTS I SIT AND WAIT RENEW SO I CAN HAVE COUCH TIME AGAIN

Comment by fasteddie – October 14, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the series Longmire. Need more western type series on TV/ Can hardly wait for the 3rd season to start/

Comment by Willeen – October 15, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me & my family love watching Longmire, we can’t wait for it and the glades to come back on

Comment by Melinda – October 19, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is a good tv. shows to watch , the meaning of this wonderful tv show is breath taking please bring it back

Comment by MelindaW – October 19, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tomorrow Sunday at 7:00am, there will be a Longmire Marathon. I will be watching.

Comment by Linda Magoon – October 19, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew Longmire now. Best show on TV. Don’t leave us hanging A&E ! If you replace this wonderful show with another idiotic debacle, we will boycott or give you no viewing time. Don’t make us call the Sheriff !

Comment by Larry Schwartz – October 19, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t do to Longmire what you did to Glades. Keep delaying the next season for so long that you lost a good many viewers and then had the nerve to cancel it, mainly due to lack of viewers. A&E needs new decision makers, the present ones have lost their edge.

Comment by Nancy Beaers – October 20, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. They just keep playing around, with giving us a new season. I so enjoy this show.

Comment by Linda Magoon – October 21, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is one of the best shows on tv and like some of the others spoke , if you don’t bring back Longmire than you are a network l don’t want to give my time to.
    Bruce from Charlotte, NC

Comment by Bruce – October 21, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sure hope that A&E renews Longmire — just read they are not renewing Glades, which I was very disappointed to see. It’s hard to believe that Glades has been cancelled and they are not sure about Longmire when there are so many other shows that are not even worth watching.

Comment by Dorothy Osborn – October 27, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the network airs longmire .my husband and I can’t wait to see the episodes each week. It is great show. We miss it terribly. Wish the new season would start . Still angry that the that the network took away Detroit 187. I can promise that I will not wat a&e any.ore if longmide doesn’t return.

Comment by Karen sistrunk – October 30, 2013 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire beats garbage reality shows by a long shot. We need better programming like Longmire, not unimaginative crap.

Comment by Bee Gee – October 31, 2013 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Longmire going to be started again ?

Comment by Jeanette Haddock – November 4, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have been wondering myself. I love the show.

Comment by Linda M – November 4, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It certainly doesn’t seem to be going anywhere fast ! I receive this same message several times a week. While waiting for him to come back, being positive here, I’m reading all of the Longmire books. I think, counting the new one, that there are eight and I’ve read six. nancy n

Comment by nancy n – November 6, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does season 3 of Longmire start?. We love this show – so excited it’s been renewed!

Comment by Mary – November 4, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is our favorite A & E show !

Comment by Jane R – November 4, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Longmire and read the books, too. I will never watch A & E again if Longmire is not renewed. They should bring it back ASAP.

Comment by P. Winterstein – November 4, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love Longmire…great story lines…..looking forward to a new season and many more seasons to come !!!!!

Comment by JoAnne Williams – November 5, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • come on continue the longmire its a crime and cop show. I like shows that find out what happened to the victims. Its also got cliff hangers. It keeps u on the edge of ur sets

Comment by kristy – November 9, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Longmire. One of the only shows we watch as a family, my husband, two boys & myself. Can’ t wait for season 3.

Comment by Trish – November 9, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Longmire but have gotten really tired of seeing the notice about “it might be renewed.” I feel sure that there are business people that run this show, so tell me what it takes for them to make up their minds? Are they doing the same thing that they did to Glades? Make people wait long enough and everyone will forget the story line? If so it worked to their satisfaction, and NO one elses, when they cancelled the show. Don’t think A&E’s rating can take another disaster such as the way Glades ended. Not at my house it won’t.

Comment by Nancy Beaers – November 16, 2013 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Longmire back and LEAVE it on!!!!!!!!! Why just a few weeks?? It’s the best thing you guys have going.

Comment by cmanellie – November 11, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep Longmire! The hubby and I both agree!

Comment by Diane – November 11, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My friend and I watch Longmire together. I am outraged to think they would even think about canceling this show. S o please, renew the show, please.

Comment by Jeanie Bales. – November 15, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • one of the best shows on t v to date we have it set on a series to d.v.r in case we are not home..thanx to all connected to this great show

Comment by ernie and shirley pregno kokomo in. – November 15, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is one of the best new series on TV. Can’t wait for it to return for a 3rd season.

Comment by W. Carlson – November 15, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Longmire is right up there with the good wife and homeland. why on earth should they need to fight for another season? It should run for at least ten more seasons. Haraah for Longmire

Comment by Susan Vaneeta Miles – November 15, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100% with you

Comment by Linda M – November 16, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish someone would tell us when Season 3 will start! I do not want to miss it!! Best show on television!

Comment by Dianne – November 15, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Count me in, I agree Longmire and Glades should be renewed. Much better than some of the reality crap shows.

Comment by Sandy Harrop – November 15, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no longmire no A&E TV for me

Comment by Ruth and Jerry – November 15, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just finished watching the Longmire marathon of season 2. I love this show and hope to see new episodes soon. I don’t understand why the cable networks have so few episodes per season. Since going digital almost everyone was forced to subscribe to cable or satellite to get decent tv reception in Denver. These networks should be raking in enough dough from subscribers and advertisers to provide their customers with more episodes per season for quality shows like Longmire that appeal to both genders and all ages.

Comment by carol – November 15, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With all the crap on tv finally a show worth watching and we the viewers have to beg for it to return. So here goes please please bring Longmire back. Don’t just tease us with reruns.

Comment by Sherry – November 15, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire, one fantastic series. Please renew this show.

Comment by Gertie Loving – November 16, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire is one of my favorites, it pretty well coincides with my life span of 82 yrs. KEEP IT COMING !!!!!!!!! Billy Mills, Old West Texas Cowboy

Comment by Billy Mills – November 17, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy both Longmire and The Glades and do hope that A & E has the good sense to bring both shows back and SOON! Love the interaction of all the characters. You can not leave Henry’s storyline uncompleted, do need to resolve Branch’s shooting. And as for The Glades, gotta get Jeff found and healed and married to Callie.

Comment by Kate – November 17, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who the heck is Jeff?

Comment by Mel – November 17, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched the first season on NetFlix…LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Comment by Barb I. – November 17, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING LONGMIRE BACK! !! MY MOM AND I ARE HOOKED ON THAT show. If you DO NOT RENEW. … YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST PEOPLE ALIVE. THE GLADES NEEDS TO BE CANCELED. THE GLADES WAS A HORRIBLE SHOW.

Comment by Courtney Jacobson – November 22, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I no longer watch Bravo due to Housewives ad nauseum, I have never watched an episode of The Kardashians. Bought Season 1, will buy Season 2, have all the books; rest assured, I can watch and read over and over again and skip A&E altogether should Longmire not be renewed.

Comment by Vivian Wagner – November 24, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post