Exclusive

HIMYM Exclusive: Anna Camp Replaces Ellie Kemper as Wedding Guest from Hell

anna camp how i met your motherRobin and Barney are making a slight tweak to their wedding guest list.

True Blood‘s Anna Camp has RSVP’d for How I Met Your Mother‘s highly anticipated nuptials playing a character originally earmarked for The Office‘s Ellie Kemper, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | How I Met Your Mother Final Season First Look: Does Ted Give Robin the Gift of Closure?

The super-busy Camp assumes the role of Cassie, one of the most attractive, available, and — as Ted discovers — unfortunate guests at big event.

Kemper, whose initial casting was reported by TVLine back in July, had to bow out due to a scheduling conflict.

Camp is set to appear in one episode, but, given the wedding’s season-long structure, it’s possible she could return.

HIMYM‘s farewell season kicks off Sept. 23.

1. Eddie says:

We’re is Ellie Kemper next???

2. Alan says:

thats a shame ellie kemper is hilarious and the show could do with someone like her around after the laughless season 8; that being said anna camp is brilliant so i dont doubt she will do a fantastic job.

3. aa says:

Dang Anna Camp, you’re everywhere. I love it.

4. Patrick Maloney says:

She is getting too big for her britches. I believe that because of her popularity True Blood decided to flesh out her character, and totally ruined Sarah Newlin, who I loved in the second season.

5. Mark says:

I think its because Ellie is going to become a recurring role in The Mindy Project. Anna Camp’s role was diminished in TMP, so it makes sense

6. Ben says:

Great for Anna Camp. Love her.

I just realized (i’m a little slow, i know) that with the longest wedding in mankind history, we will not have a lot of scenes taking place at McLaren’s (or maybe in flashback). That king of sucks.
    It’s like a whole season of Friends without the Central Perks…

7. FatherOctavian says:

Nothing against Ellie Kemper, but the show traded up. Anna Camp is fantastic.

8. Philip says:

I wonder if Kemper will show up later in the season at some point. Maybe she”ll get another role.

9. curiousopeter says:

Or could it be that Brenda Forever is finally being picked up? That would be awesome.

• scooby says:

It hasn’t been. NBC didn’t pick it up and there’s no reason to think anybody else did. If she’s got a recurring role on The Mindy Project this season, that’s an indication that it’s for sure dead.

10. cjeffery7 says:

awww ellie kemper woulda been awesome, but i will gladly accept anna camp in her stead! especially if ellie is getting screen time on the mindy project… i think we can all agree there are going to be fireworks… maybe literally considering ellie’s character…. YIKES!

11. aolani08 says:

Wow…..her acting isn’t that great but she’s funny at least she’ll be wrecking havoc some place else

12. Jake says:

I love Ellie Kemper but YES!! more Anna the better!

13. Mikael says:

I love Anna Camp!!! I’m glad she’ll be on HIMYM for a bit. I liked how last season had Penny from Happy Endings on an episode. I wish she could’ve been in more.

14. Mel says:

Stopped watching HIMM last year, but I may just watch the episode Anna’s in.