Fall TV Preview

HIMYM Exclusive: Anna Camp Replaces Ellie Kemper as Wedding Guest from Hell

anna camp how i met your motherRobin and Barney are making a slight tweak to their wedding guest list.

True Blood‘s Anna Camp has RSVP’d for How I Met Your Mother‘s highly anticipated nuptials playing a character originally earmarked for The Office‘s Ellie Kemper, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | How I Met Your Mother Final Season First Look: Does Ted Give Robin the Gift of Closure?

The super-busy Camp assumes the role of Cassie, one of the most attractive, available, and — as Ted discovers — unfortunate guests at big event.

Kemper, whose initial casting was reported by TVLine back in July, had to bow out due to a scheduling conflict.

Camp is set to appear in one episode, but, given the wedding’s season-long structure, it’s possible she could return.

HIMYM‘s farewell season kicks off Sept. 23.

Comments (24)

• We’re is Ellie Kemper next???

Comment by Eddie – August 29, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • English class, 6th period. AKA now. Go find her there.

Comment by brycealexander – August 29, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • don’t be a dick… seriously.
        by the way this is a different eddie, but if you offend one of us you offend all of us.

Comment by eddie – August 29, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Haha, funny. Both of the above. I agree with @brycealexander though.

Comment by Philipp – August 30, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s going to be on The Mindy Project!

Comment by Kristen – August 29, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let’s conjugate, Eddie: Where, were, we’re. Their, there, they’re.

Comment by Bob – August 30, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thats a shame ellie kemper is hilarious and the show could do with someone like her around after the laughless season 8; that being said anna camp is brilliant so i dont doubt she will do a fantastic job.

Comment by Alan – August 29, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang Anna Camp, you’re everywhere. I love it.

Comment by aa – August 29, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is getting too big for her britches. I believe that because of her popularity True Blood decided to flesh out her character, and totally ruined Sarah Newlin, who I loved in the second season.

Comment by Patrick Maloney – August 29, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I loved her character’s zany turn. One of my favorite things about this entire season. :P

Comment by DL – August 29, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah I agree. she was such a joy to watch this season on True Blood. Hope she returns before the serie ends even if it’s for her character to bite the dust.

Comment by Frankieboy – August 29, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was the best part of this season of trueblood

Comment by sd – August 30, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its because Ellie is going to become a recurring role in The Mindy Project. Anna Camp’s role was diminished in TMP, so it makes sense

Comment by Mark – August 29, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great for Anna Camp. Love her.

I just realized (i’m a little slow, i know) that with the longest wedding in mankind history, we will not have a lot of scenes taking place at McLaren’s (or maybe in flashback). That king of sucks.
    It’s like a whole season of Friends without the Central Perks…

Comment by Ben – August 29, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing against Ellie Kemper, but the show traded up. Anna Camp is fantastic.

Comment by FatherOctavian – August 29, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if Kemper will show up later in the season at some point. Maybe she”ll get another role.

Comment by Philip – August 29, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Or could it be that Brenda Forever is finally being picked up? That would be awesome.

Comment by curiousopeter – August 29, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It hasn’t been. NBC didn’t pick it up and there’s no reason to think anybody else did. If she’s got a recurring role on The Mindy Project this season, that’s an indication that it’s for sure dead.

Comment by scooby – August 29, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was hoping for a mid-season pick-up. Oh well… Mindy and Ellie are great together anyway.

Comment by curiousopeter – August 29, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awww ellie kemper woulda been awesome, but i will gladly accept anna camp in her stead! especially if ellie is getting screen time on the mindy project… i think we can all agree there are going to be fireworks… maybe literally considering ellie’s character…. YIKES!

Comment by cjeffery7 – August 29, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow…..her acting isn’t that great but she’s funny at least she’ll be wrecking havoc some place else

Comment by aolani08 – August 29, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ellie Kemper but YES!! more Anna the better!

Comment by Jake – August 29, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Anna Camp!!! I’m glad she’ll be on HIMYM for a bit. I liked how last season had Penny from Happy Endings on an episode. I wish she could’ve been in more.

Comment by Mikael – August 30, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stopped watching HIMM last year, but I may just watch the episode Anna’s in.

Comment by Mel – August 30, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post