Scoop: Suits Taps Olympic Superfan Michael Phelps for Splashy Cameo

Suits Cast Michael Phelps OlympianFor Suits‘ Harvey Specter, Michael Phelps is the big fish he never could land — a fact that will come to light when the überdecorated Olympic swimmer comes up for air on the USA Network drama.

RELATED | TVLine’s Performers of the Week: Suits‘ Gabriel Macht and Sarah Rafferty

In Season 3′s winter premiere (airing in early 2014), Phelps — who is a fan of Suits and recently declared it his favorite TV show — will make Harvey confront their prickly past when Scottie (returning guest star Abigail Spencer) tries to land him as a client.

RELATED | Was Suits‘ Missed Kiss Sweet Torture? And More Qs About Last Week’s TV

Suits airs its midseason finale on Sept. 17.

Comments (8)

• “Pearson Specter”? I guess we know what happens to Darby, then.

Comment by Ryan – August 28, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey spoiler. I guess they’re breaking the merger.

Comment by Samantha – August 28, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmm, yeah. Let’s strike that….

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 28, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the instagram pics that Patrick J Adams posted of the giant cut out of Phelps all over the office are hilarious!

Comment by Maggie – August 28, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I was expecting this news since i saw Patrick post in instagram!!!

Comment by Miriam – August 28, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I glad that the merge is over after last night, I want them go!!!

Comment by Miriam – August 28, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m less excited about Michael Phelps and more excited that Scottie will be coming back. More Abigail Spencer is always a good thing.

Comment by wordsmith – August 28, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is probably my favorite show on tv as well. I wonder if I could get a guest spot. ;)

Comment by willg – August 29, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post