NCIS Season 11 Sneak Peek: Ziva's Wanted Dead — Is This Goodbye for Her and Tony?

NCIS Tony Ziva Goodbye“Talk to me, Ziva…. Where are you?”

With those seven words, the first promo for NCIS Season 11 sets the stage for longtime castmember Cote de Pablo‘s exit. The question is: Will her character make it out alive?

RELATED | NCIS Season 11 — Meet Ziva’s Successor

As seen in the video below, Homeland Security Director Morrow — looking a bit worse for the wear — reveals to Vance that “their” next target is Ziva David. But as the promo comes to a close, Ziva (thus far!) is alive and kicking, reassuring (a hirsute!) Tony that she — or more specifically, they — will be “OK,” during a reunion in a familiar, far away place.

RELATED | NCIS Boss Opens Up About Cote de Pablo’s Surprising Decision (‘I Really Wasn’t Planning for This’), Hints at ‘Romantic’ Exit Storyline

Check out the promo, then tell us: Are you getting anywhere close to bidding Ziva/Cote goodbye?

Comments (174)

• I don’t want to see Tony crying and don’t want to see the same Tony as in season 7 when he thought Ziva was dead!! I don’t know how the writers want to write a satisfying end for Tiva, writing Ziva out and Leaving the Tony we love back!! But if anyone can write all these then the NCIS writers!

Comment by ceylin – August 29, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Ziva so badly. I can’t bear it. I hope they leave it open so she can change her mind and come back at a later date. Does anyone know her personal reason for leaving??? I am shell shocked. I am sure they offered her the world to stay.

Comment by Sheila T – August 29, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could not be more thrilled that CdP is FINALLY leaving NCIS. I’ve been waiting for this for YEARS. #ZivaGone…YAY…good riddance!!!!! I am soooo looking forward to watching an episode of NCIS without CdP in it…ruining it. #ZivaGone…#ZivaGone, I’m doing virtual cartwheels and backflips, shaking pom poms, cheering loud and thanking the TV Gods!!

Comment by nicole – August 29, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I’m more than ready to say so long. NCIS needed a big kick in the behind to get itself unstuck from all the soap opera drama and the same old story lines. I mean, you knew what time of year it was based on which of the characters, their family members, etc. were being featured.
    And enough of that ship, which should have ended at the end of Season 6.
    And enough of the Mossad stories. Gee, move on. Nothing to see here.
    Now the writers will have to get creative again. Hope they’re up to the challenge.

Comment by Daniel – August 30, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to Season 11! Have been a fan since Season1. I hope they get back to concentrating on the original core cast.

Comment by Lori – August 30, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also finally looking forward to a new season, without the albatross of z around their necks, maybe the writers can get back to writing great stories.

Comment by yes, she's gone – August 30, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please do not bring Jamie Lee Curtis back. I could not stand to see her on the show on a permanent basis. She would not make a good romantic lead for Gibbs. Also not that Major Mann, who had the hots for Gibbs

Comment by Linda Magoon – August 30, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YOU HAVE SAID A MOUTHFUL – NO JAMIE LEE CURTIS, COULD NOT EVEN WATCH WHEN SHE WAS ON.

Comment by Mary – September 2, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very happy to,see Cote de Pablo and her wooden acting leave the show. While there were occasional sparks of chemistry between her character and Tony, the show just didn’t flourish when that fake romance was promoted. I think that Season 11 will bring in a revitalized story. The last few years have dragged from too many forced Tiva moments, too many storylines focused on the Mossad and the David family’s less than scintillating issues, and a dearth of good crimes to solve.

#zivagone is the best news possible for the majority of,NCIS fans.

Comment by Tory – August 30, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why does she not go back to take her fathers place.

Comment by Mary – September 2, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • because she is no longer a part of mosad

Comment by alyssa flickinger – September 21, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Also she denounced her Isreali citizenship and became a US citizen

Comment by Julie Merritt – September 21, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have just recently gotten into NCIS due to USA network…I love the show…Im sorry Cote is leaving the show…but thats her decision…personally i didnt hate Ziva but i cant say i was her number one fan either..Im a Abby fan myself but hey to each their own…Im looking forward to season 11…should be good…they havent disappointed me yet

Comment by ghbrat – August 31, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t let her go…big pay raise for Cote. Damn that upsets me! Save Ziva!!!!

Comment by Cindy – September 2, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Yes. Save Ziva!!!!!

Comment by Dorothy – September 2, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN! Save Ziva!

Comment by Dorothy – September 13, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is my favorite show EVER!! I will greatly miss Ziva, but I understand she wants her own life. Please come back before the final season. If just for a few episodes. PLEASE!!!!!

Comment by Vicky – September 2, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You people are friggin nuts , its a TV show

Comment by Dennis O'Neill – September 2, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I, personally, will be sorry to see Cote/Ziva leave, I hope the “departure” will be such that a “return” (even a temporary one) is possible. I must say that the way the character was originally “written in” WAS somewhat “strained” Cote was able to pull it off ADMIRABLY! I was also somewhat surprised to realize that many of the fans of NCIS did NOT really understand the Sabra-Jewish character, which Cote de Pablo seemed to “capture” so well. Having met several such Sabras over the years, I had an interesting fan relationship with the Ziva character…

Has anyone thought of a new character for NCIS: perhaps a Latter-day Saint character, transferred in from the Bureau…perhaps one of Fornell’s “assistant’s,” so that there was a similar “Liaison” between NCIS and the FBI? To make the character more interesting, instead of this FBI guy using a .40 S&W (as in “small and wimpy”), they could carry a “full house” Glock in 10mm Auto, If nothing else, it would pack more “authority” than a Sig in 9mm Luger caliber. Perhaps the FBI guy could also be another Marine-trained, “sniper” as a “backup” for Gibbs. The LDS Character could have some interesting “conversations” correcting Tony’s “misconceptions” about the LDS people…I seem to recall a supporting character from Season 1 or 2, as I recall, where Tony claimed to be a “Mormon.” Tony as “Mormon” would NEVER “fly.” Having BEEN a Latter-day Saint since early 1967, I should know! I was also a “casual asset” for the Bureau in the late 1960s, “Cointellpro (“CounterintelligenceProbe”) operations…

BTW, where can one find a “writer’s guide” for NCIS? I’d like to try my hand at writing for my favorite TV series…

Comment by Jim Cumber – September 2, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Ziva going, there’s no one else I would watch for. She made Tony interesting.

Comment by kath – September 2, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you take Gibb’s ,M, A away what do you have. I like Ziva and who cares if she falls in love with Tony or not let her have a new romance or her and Tony reveal that they are just good friends who care what happens to them. I Like all of the cast especially Gibbs

Comment by Carol – September 3, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are right they play the script that is written for them and I like the NCIS that they have been going with if Ziva has to go leave space for her to re-enter to put in. Maybe she could go into the FBI or something where has to go but can come back now and then.

Comment by Carol – September 3, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TIva fans (myself included) who have devoted EIGHT YEARS and countless USA Marathons do NOT want “closure” or for Tony to “move on”. We are invested in our beloved SHIP and will feel cheated if, after “wanting something permanat” and “it’s not about my job, it’s about my family” Ziva is sent off alone somewhere without she or Tony getting their long deserved happily ever after -even if she is off screen going forward. We just need to know they GOT THERE after all. Personally. my heart won’t be able to continue watching in pain if Ziva is shipped off somewhere without her adopted family, her adopted homeland, and her more-than-a-partner and best-friend.

PS: AUntil we hear otherwise, many of us still hold the opinion that Cote left due to being denied pay parity with her other MALE “field agents” and that the so called money she was offered did not represent pay parity. Ziva leaving is NOTHING like Jenny or Kate being gone. Literally millions of viewers now watch this show worldwide especially to see the amazing chemistry and interaction with her partner, and the very unique and challenging, strong female ethnic character that is Ziva.

Comment by Sandi – September 3, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You all do understand they tried what they could to get “Ziva” to stay but Cote just was done with the part. Just saying

Comment by Rick – September 3, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know she is tired of the same old stuff give her a new lease on her role

Comment by Carol – September 4, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no quiero decir adios ziva,
    escritores ziva no es igual que mike o kate, es un personaje principal y mejor definido que kate o dinozzo.

debe regresar,ncis no sera igual en 10 años las cosas se consolidan ya aburre ncis

Comment by giuliana – September 4, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Ziva replaced Kate, it made the Show much more interesting and alive, and not so
    much bickering. Ziva became a large part of what makes the show work. Replacing her will be very difficult, and will their choice work? Ziva I hope you will agree to come back from time to time and do an episode as your character will be missed. I hope your next career choice is as good as this one.

Comment by Pattie – September 5, 2013 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that is why Glasburg is leaving the door open, for her to come back if she wishes. I think DavenPort who was Sacneb before Jarvis is involved. He never liked the Isrealis.

Comment by Julie Merritt – September 8, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will miss Ziva a lot! She has more depth, character, and gives much more interest in the program. It doesn’t really matter whether she and Tony get together. Their priorities are clear. I really enjoy NCIS, but wonder how I will feel when she is gone.

Comment by Joan Adams – September 5, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CIA needs to leave Ziva alone. I am not liking the CIA

Comment by Julie Merritt – September 8, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They will get the persons responsible

Comment by Julie Merritt – September 8, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE her character and the way a REAL female and agent should act. LOVE Cote de Pablo as a person and actress. I would marry her in 59 seconds. She is beautiful & talented. And for sanity’s sake please keep ABBY.

Comment by Tom – September 10, 2013 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They will keep Abby. They need to get Team Gibbs back in NCIS

Comment by Julie Merritt – September 11, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Tom. Also interested in the person Gibbs was sent to take out. It is not Fornell. It is the person he was guarding.

Comment by Julie Merritt – September 13, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will miss her so very much

Comment by han – September 13, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the actress Cote does not want her career to be typecast as Ziva however I think it’s too late. I will always know her iconic-ally as Ziva where ever I see her on the screen again. She played the role perfectly!

Comment by AB Reid – September 18, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think maybe ziva’s character wants to sew some oats fine but be wear don’t kill her off she has a lot of unfinished business. and maybe a romance with Gibbs? Things are not always brighter on the other side of the fence. NCIS needs to keep its team breaks of coarse but its working so do not mess with something that works!!!!!!

Comment by Dianne Slack – September 18, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey dose anybody know the song that play through the promo.

Comment by alyssa flickinger – September 21, 2013 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For heaven sake why would you even think of taking Ziva away from the team. They all fit so perfectly. When she was missing and had fill ins it kind of stunk–then all were back and now you do this Most of the female that play characters are sometimes unbearable. Female colonel and Kate’s sister are bad bad bad.

Comment by Bobbie Craig – September 21, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to just-released casting intel, the new twentysomething female character — named Bishop — “is bright, educated, athletic, attractive, fresh-faced, focused and somewhat socially awkward. She has a mysterious mixture of analytic brilliance, fierce determination and idealism. She’s traveled extensively, but only feels comfortable at home.”

Comment by Pete – September 25, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dont change zive evey time we get used to a good character directors go and mess thins up

Comment by f ederica – October 2, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They didn’t. They were showing her human side.

Comment by Julie Merritt – October 2, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well it ended well last night so it’s ok with me if she stays or goes. I like her.

Comment by Carol – October 2, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It did, but It isn’t over. they still have to find Persa. The photo that was shown Gibbs looks like Adam the one Tony doesn’t trust. This season it was also revealed that the other reason Eli was killed was he knew too much and Persa and gang think NCIS know too much.

Comment by Julie Merritt – October 2, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did he save Gibb’s life? Oh well I guess that was to get him where he wanted to with NCIS and could not go before they refused to fire Gibb’s. He learned from Ziva if you save
    my life I’LL trust he but he doesn’t know Gibbs. Because if Tony can’t trust him Gibbs will find out.

Comment by Carol – October 4, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you mean Parsons saved Gibbs life.

Comment by Julie Merritt – October 5, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your right I got mixed up with. But they will get their guy it may take a couple more episodes

Comment by Carol – October 5, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think se will. Remember Glasberg said he wasn’t going to kill her. And yes they will get Persa eventually. As gibbs says no one hurts his family.

Comment by Julie Merritt – October 6, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well we shall see what happens tonight.

Comment by Carol – October 8, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Carol They are not going to kill Ziva. And yes eventually they will get Persa. Fans should know by now Gibbs will get anyone who hurts his family

Comment by Julie Merritt – October 9, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, Ziva is a good character. Yes, she will be missed. Yet it is she who has called the shots by wanting more money. The programme will NOT be the same without, the rapore between her and Tony is second to non. Let’s hope she backs down – coz any wage is better than none!

Comment by Pete's missus – November 16, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, however she wasn’t the show they all are and she will be missed. Michael Weatherly who was on The Talk several weeks ago and Cote are friends and he told everyone he had coffee with her and that she is happy. She is whopping it up on both Coasts.

Comment by Julie Merritt – November 17, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post