NCIS Season 11 Sneak Peek: Ziva's Wanted Dead -- Is This Goodbye for Her and Tony?

NCIS Tony Ziva Goodbye“Talk to me, Ziva…. Where are you?”

With those seven words, the first promo for NCIS Season 11 sets the stage for longtime castmember Cote de Pablo‘s exit. The question is: Will her character make it out alive?

RELATED | NCIS Season 11 — Meet Ziva’s Successor

As seen in the video below, Homeland Security Director Morrow — looking a bit worse for the wear — reveals to Vance that “their” next target is Ziva David. But as the promo comes to a close, Ziva (thus far!) is alive and kicking, reassuring (a hirsute!) Tony that she — or more specifically, they — will be “OK,” during a reunion in a familiar, far away place.

RELATED | NCIS Boss Opens Up About Cote de Pablo’s Surprising Decision (‘I Really Wasn’t Planning for This’), Hints at ‘Romantic’ Exit Storyline

Check out the promo, then tell us: Are you getting anywhere close to bidding Ziva/Cote goodbye?

1. This made me cry. :-(

• luzma says:

a mi tambien me dio tristeza..pero creo que Ziva volvera como recurrente..Toni se ve desecho emocionalmente…el show necesitara el retorno de Ziva,estos dos han hecho un gran rating en el show..ya veran..

• Cara says:

This saddens me greatly. When Todd got killed I accepted Ziva as part of the team due to her riveting personality. It will be hard to replace her period.

• yes, she's gone says:

I don’t think it will be too hard to replace her. They plan to replace her with a number of agents before they finally pick “the One”. It should be interesting to see a real agent instead of a damsel in distress or a mean spirited spoilt brat in the bullpen.

• robo says:

Absolutely impossible to replace that “stride/swagger” that Ziva perfected. Hope they try though!

• greysfan says:

Me too. Going to really miss Ziva on NCIS. :(

• trisha says:

• John says:

Reasonable conclusion. She and Tony will always have Paris. Though since they didn’t follow up I expect that was a meh….

• rosann says:

I agree. I think the reason Cote is leaving is because she is pregnant in real life, and she did say in an interview that Ziva is very physical on NCIS. She has a very grueling character who is very physical with her body i.e. fighting, etc. She stated that on days that she is filming fight scenes she comes in to work an hour earlier to practice her scenes. If indeed she is pregnant, then maybe that is the reason she is leaving NCIS, and they are leaving the door open for her to return, either as a guest from time to time, or back to the squad room when she is ready. I guess we will eventually find out after she leaves.

• Paula says:

I hope that this is the case; I strongly believe that her character played a valuable member in this team and helped make it the team it is now. I was very disappointed to find out that she was leaving, I was shocked to find this out and disappointed at the same time. I suspect that she had a good reason to leave this show. I think Tony is now the man he is because of her, he has grown up so to speak. I believe that her character is going to be a great loss to the team and perhaps to the show.

• c mcgrrath says:

do not take ziva from the show she is a great character please

• Robert Guttilla says:

I feel the same. She’s beautiful, tough and loyal…keep her there somehow…

• Ken Eaise says:

Agree completely. She is a key player on the team.and one of the most interesting characters. i will be greatly saddened by her departure. Until there is proof, I don’t believe she is pregnant. i think that the network simply did not come up with the money.

• Lynn says:

Me too. The writers have always disappointed me and I don’t expect anything less in this case. After 8 yrs of stringing us along Tony just walks away from her and that’s it? TIVA fans (and yes I am one of them) deserve much better. I think the show will suffer without Cote/Ziva. Hope I’m wrong. It will always feel like something/someone is missing.

2. Oh my gosh. I’m so sad! I’m going to miss her so much (as I’m sure the team will as well). :(

3. Esaul says:

Tony with facial hair? WHUT. I can’t wait for this.

4. Lorena says:

OMG Im gonna cry

5. Amanda says:

This made me tear up too. I’m so sad that she’s leaving. I just loved her character. All her funny Zivaisms. Sniff. And especially her could-have-been-great relationship with Tony. Hope it’s a great send off for a great character — one of my favorites on TV. Bummed.

6. Mary says:

Ziva isn’t going to die – we’ve already been told that at least.

• Jerri says:

What we’ve been told, may not necessarily happen as such. Producers may have said she’s not getting killed off just to shut the fans and critics up. We’ll know the truth when the first episode airs.

• Simon Jester says:

Given the show’s reputation for killing off female characters — including leads — I’d be very, very surprised if they went that way for Ziva. (Plus, if the ratings start to decline, they’ll want to leave a window for a “very special return” episode… say, during sweeps. ;-)

• first episode and second its a 2 part episoode

7. M3rc Nate says:

Awww, they finally give us Tony and Ziva…….WHEN SHES QUIT! (She being Cote) Jesus…this is so stupid. Of course they quickly grow the balls to write the story all the fans have wanted, because theres no risky cause shes leaving so they might as well write her off and please as many fans as possible with a Tony-Ziva love fest. Exactly why NCIS:LA is better with how they are evolving Deeks and Kensi.

• Lyn says:

Actually, not ALL the fans who like both Tony and Ziva wanted the show to be bogged down by a sappy romance between the two. Except to the fervent shippers, they really don’t seem compatible … and, by the way, it would mean they couldn’t both be on Gibbs’s team anymore! I do like Deeks and Kensi, though.

• yes, she's gone says:

Sorry, NOT all the fans wanted Tony with psycho z, a lot of us would have liked the show to quit trying to push that mess and spent the time writing better scripts.

8. Viv says:

I´m not really into promos, but i played this one like five times… can´t wait for the season premiere.

9. Tali says:

man, this made me so sad :( I’m gonna miss her so much :(
    The way they were looking at each other :(

10. Masshuu il Thulcandra says:

They need to kill off DiNozo after Ziva leaves. Can’t stand that “Peter Pan” character. He needs to die, die! DIE!!!

• kelly says:

True NCIS fans know that Tony’s sophomoric sense of humor is a defense mechanism. His mother died, his father shipped him off to boarding schools where he often spent Christmas. On “family” vacations, his father would leave him with a valet while he golfed or smoozed some business deal. Dear Dad even flew home once to close a deal, leaving Tony behind in the hotel. As an adult, his fiancé dumped him and he finds out that his “brother in blue”, his partner, is a crooked cop. Is it any wonder he avoids letting anyone get too close?

• Tom says:

And don’t forget a few of the women he has been close to have died such as Paula and Caitlin.

• CJ says:

“True NCIS fans” know that it was time for Tony to grow up a LONG time ago. I’ve never been able to take him seriously as an agent. In the real world, he would have been canned as an agent eons ago, for sexual harassment if nothing else. But Gibbs and Ducky keep me watching.

• Q says:

For me is NCIS just Ducky, Palmer and McGee. They have really inteligent humor. Tony is just klaun, Gibbs is too much patriotic, Abby is…..Abby and Ziva is just cherry on top…just for mens eyes.

• tbuck says:

Amen, Brother. The only really sad note in NCIS, Tony borders on the ridiculous.

• Annie says:

Maybe they won’t have to write Tony as so clueless now that Ziva will no longer be there to have to win every contest and always be written as the smartest, most tragic, most admired, and super skilled agent. I really hope that the writers finally give Tony his mojo back now that they don’t have to shove super tragic wonder Ziva down our throats.

• Cathy says:

What show have you been watching: Tony is more grown up than any of them. Yeah, he makes jokes, sometimes at inappropriate moments, but at least he doesn’t go off half cocked like Ziva or Gibbs does – usually putting Tony in danger by saving them, he doesn’t throw temper tantrums like Ziva does and he doesn’t lose his head like McGee does. Just because he may joke on the outside does not mean he is not all business when he needs to be. Tony can turn it on and off in a split second – which is a good thing. As for him not being a great agent – Tony has figured out almost as many cases as Gibbs has, and is usually the one to find the big clue through his movie references, quick wit, or thinking outside the box. As for in the real world – Tony wouldn’t be the agent that the real world would have trouble with – they’d have trouble with Ziva and Gibbs. Don’t see one of them having Ziva on the team to begin with, much less letting her stay after she’s lied to them and assaulted a fellow agent. Sorry – you’re pointing fingers at the wrong agent CJ.

• xandercordy1 says:

Now I know you’re watching a different show, CJ. Tony should be brought up for sexual harassment why? Yeah, he’s flirted with women, but that’s not sexual harassment. Now licking someone else’s neck during a meeting – sexual harassment. Getting in one’s personal space all the time – such as Zjva has done with Tony – following him in the men’s bathroom twice, McGee once, watching both of them pee and then grabbing Tony’s pants – sexual harassment. Again, I think you got the two characters confused, lol. Ziva’s the sexual harraser, the dirty talker and the sleep around – point fingers in the right direction instead of at Tony.

• Classic NCIS fan says:

Actually CJ – ‘True NCIS fans’ know the real history behind ziva & how she should have been deported or jailed for murder back in S3, jailed for assault in S6 & brought up on sexual harassment charges in S7. Although Treason for sleeping with Adam & murder for Bodnar in S10 would work for me.

Beyond that – TRUE NCIS fans know what Tony is really like & how much like real life agents MW portrays the character.

• yes, she's gone says:

“True NCIS fans” know that Tony was a grown up before the writers had to dumb him and the rest of the characters down to show super z every week.

• sharkon says:

Take it easy, it’s TV

• donna groussman says:

Tony is cute that’s his part he plays its just a show and its been on forever time to
      Change it up

11. The sooner Ziva leaves the better. There was no chemistry between Tony and Ziva – they were more sibling than lovers. Maybe then the writers will do a decent job and show Tony the way he should be shown – the best young agent Gibbs has ever worked with.

• kelly says:

I guess it has to do with perception. I felt chemistry between them from Cote’s first episode. Tony and Kate were more like siblings and very unlikely to marry, as they apparently did in Gibb’s “What If” episode.

• Dj says:

Ziva first season her and Tony had great chemistry. But it has gone down hill ever since. I’m pretty happy she is gone.

• anna says:

Agree. Loved Tony and Kate. Ziva left me pretty much cold. She has no chemistry with anyone imo. Oh well, I watch mostly for Gibbs anyway. :)

• Pat says:

I agree. Tony and Kate – good humored funny competitions. Tony and Ziva – one sided nasty demean Tony time time.

• Tom says:

PLEASE KEEP ZIVA SHE is what a REAL female & agent should be like

• Julie Merritt says:

Tom I agree and there was chemistry between Tony and Ziva. However we need to remember Gibbs rule 12, No romance between agents.

12. mrwiseman says:

This is the same as they did with JAG…a ‘wham bam thank you fan’ not a relationship that Tiva fans wanted..so unless Ziva and Tony are in a relationship ‘off camera’ (Ziva talked about but never seen) then these episodes will be worthless……

• John says:

Agreed about the worthless part. Though I expect for different reasons. I just want it over and done with.

• yes, she's gone says:

So don’t watch, the sooner z is gone, the sooner we can get back to NCIS and away from “The tragic life of a spoiled abusive brat”.

• Lynn says:

Totally agree. If they are “together” but not seen then that works and leaves a door open for a Ziva to guest appear. It’s time Tony got settled and they got rid of the frat boy. Enough is enough and he obviously loves Ziva as she does him.

13. Ella says:

Okay. I’m emotional. Whew.

No, not ready for Ziva to leave….

• Dorothy says:

Hey, Ella, I am not ready for Zivas’ departure, either. Why not leave the show as it is? I hate having to break in new characters. Where is Ziva really going?

14. Amy says:

Nope. Nope. Nope. Not ready for this. :(

15. Stella Rouse says:

Why does she have to leave.

• John says:

The actress left the show so unless the simply slid in a replacement “Ziva” there wasn’t much choice. Anyone you can suggest to play the part?

• Mary says:

I also was upset regarding
        ziva leaving, however; there is always someone to take your place. The characters which have stayed know the show is wonderful and all actors in the show are wonderful and they are without a doubt the most wonderful group of actors -they gel together as family. Ziva maybe very sorry she left N.C.I.S.as Kate, her new show does not impress me at all – bad mistake there. These girls should realized N.C.I.S. made them – THEY DID NOT MAKE N.C.I.S. Gibbs, Tony, McGee,Ducky, Abbey and Vance makes this #1 show complete. REMEMBER, THERE IS SOMEWHERE OUT THERE TO TAKE ZIVA’S PLACE!!!!!!!!!!

16. Anon says:

I love Tiva, and I am not ready for this relationship to end. It’s the reason I’ve been tuning in the past few seasons, and I can’t imagine not seeing this interaction every week. I doubt I’ll be able to continue watching NCIS once the Ziva storyline ends.

17. Sidney B. says:

Now just wait for the usual , Ziva/Tiva hters to show up.

18. The Rookie says:

No Tiva can be a good change for the show and allow Tony to mature as a character. I have loved him since JAG, but I think he has regressed in the last few seasons. I want to see more of his abilities as Very Special Sr. Agent. And it would be interesting if the new girl is married or with a child, they could use that empathy with families and that could make her have a different relationship with Gibbs.

19. Sue says:

I am so excited for season 11! It makes me sad to see all the comments that NCIS won’t be worth watching anymore once Cote leaves–how unfair to the rest of this amazing, talented ensemble of actors!

• justme says:

I agree there is more to NCIS then Z I hated the soapish show it became. Here’s to a new season new beginnings for the wonderful actors who didnt quit.
      Maybe I love NCIS again. More Gibbs/ Tony and Tony/ timmy and Tiny Abby friendships, thats the only ships I want to see (friendships)

20. Katie says:

Must we say good bye? It pains me. Can’t we pool together and pay her what she wanted to stay? Bribe someone at CBS to sign that one year contract she supposedly wanted? Ughhhhh.

21. Meme Ryan says:

I preferred Caitlin Todd much better.

• The Rookie says:

Tony was more mature when Kate was there, he liked teasing her but his competencies as an agent were recognized

• Badpenny says:

His competence as an agent has always been recognized. He was given leadership of the team when Gibbs quit. They don’t to that for people who aren’t competent; and that was well after Kate left.
        Tony uses humor to keep those around him from getting too frazzled by a situation. He often, intentionally, makes himself look the fool so that the others will get a laugh to lighten the mood. None of that has anything to do with his competence.

22. Stamanah says:

I can’t wait to see it but I want to postpone saying goodbye to Ziva as long as possible.

23. Chocoholic says:

It’s a sad goodbye. However in a weird way I am looking forward to this new episode. I’ve been watching old episodes instead, so new ones will be nice!
    Still, it’s sad to see Ziva/Cote leave.
    Someone out for the team? That’s an interesting turn of the events? Isn’t that b***d still after them in some creepy way?

24. Kiann3 says:

Praying that tptb were not stupid enough to make the “we” will be ok to be Adam and Ziva. I am going to miss NCIS and Ziva. However I am done watching as I really believe Cote was denied something she wanted in her contract and then chose not to renew.

The promo looks good but I am not holding my breath tptb never have understood TIVA I doubt they will in these 2 episodes.

25. Maria says:

Hmmm…so in part of the promo Tony is clean-shaven, and in the other part he is scruffy. I wonder which comes first in the episode?

26. L. Caldwell says:

I’m going to miss Ziva’s butchered English! I always smiled at her attempt to get the words right.

27. Leeann... :) says:

Tony’s a mess already! I can’t handle this!!!

28. Del-boy says:

I just want to go into a dark room and stay there until the pain has gone away, the look on Tony’s face says it all he is hurting so much, how can he survive without Ziva.

• He'll Be Alright says:

Somehow, I think he’ll manage.

• Alice says:

How will Tony survive? I’m guessing he can thrive now that no one is there to insult him at every turn. Ziva is mostly about as tender as a reptile, unless of course she’s the one in pain. Maybe they can give Tony back the skills they took from him when they decided that Ziva had to have them.

29. Pat says:

I agree with all the comments that are sadden by Ziva’s departure. It is very sad and I hate to see her go. I know I will be shedding tears when they show her final scene. 😔😢😔

30. This is such a bittersweet moment for the NCIS fandom. I’m not sure I’ll ever be ready to say goodbye to my favorite kick ass ninja on TV. No one else has captured my heart the way Ziva David did and it’s all due to the absolutely fabulous Cote de Pablo. I’m going to miss Cote’s interactions with each and every one of her cast mates and I hope she’ll come back to NCIS down the road and Ziva will come back to Tony because they are soulmates.

• Classic NCIS fan says:

The mere idea that ziva & Tony are soulmates is completely laughable. Tony, even in his worst moments as a character, has more class, emotion, life and love in him than ziva has had in 8 years. He deserves much better than that stalkish, violent, murderous female as his partner.

• yes, she's gone says:

So agree, z wants his soul like a demon would want it. Tony deserves much better than that spoiled abusive brat.

• Peggy says:

I feel the same way. I really took a liking to her the 1sr night she was on and I hate to think of her leaving. It’s good to see a woman who can really kick-ass.

31. cindy says:

last year ended with ziva and tony in a car crash whats up with that now

• John says:

That lasted all of two minutes, then she hopped up and went back out there. Very odd insert IMHO. Looked more like teaser bait they slipped in so they could use just that scene in promo.

32. Moving Forward says:

Exciting promo for Season 11. I wonder who is after the team. I’m really looking forward to a new dynamic for the show and the promo gives me great hope that NCIS will deliver an awesome season.

33. I somehow thought since she slept with someone in Israel after Tony told her “You are not alone” – that she’d wind up pregnant and go live with baby daddy -

• gatorgal says:

Doubtful, since the finale was five months later in May and she definately wasn’t pregnant then; and the premiere ends up being in September, so she would have had the baby or ready to deliver. I don’t see it, and if they go that route they are really dumb. But then again, that car crash was really dumb.

34. itwillbeok says:

I have new hope for this coming season. Haven’t been so excited for new season to begin in long time.

• Annie says:

Me too. As a Tony and NOT a tiva fan the last few seasons have been so disappointing. His only purpose it seemed, was to admire Ziva and be the clueless team joke. I have hope for the first time the he might get to be the competent, funny, brave, brilliant, and sexy agent he was portrayed as before Ziva was promoted to supreme wonder agent and Tony was stripped of anything might out shine Ziva.

• Lori says:

I have the same hope, too. For the first time in years I’m actually looking forward to this season with hope that the character development (for Tony and the other characters as well) that was ignored in favor of highlighting Tiva/Ziva will continue now that she is gone.

• Martha says:

This is the first time in years that I’m really excited about a new NCIS season.
          Can’t wait to see the show move forward from all of those boring Ziva’s dramas and the nauseating unbelievable tiva trick.
          Can’t wait to see MW’s talent freed from tiva/Ziva burden and be able to finally really play one of the most complex, complicated and extraordinary character of tv.
          I hope that now we won’t have daddy-Gibbs, baby-Abby and arrogant-McGee anymore, but the real unique characters that mad me fall in love with this show almost 11 years ago.

Can’t wait for episode two to end so NCIS S11 can really start :)

35. elana says:

I’m looking forward to the potential for new directions this change is making. Can’t wait to see how this season pans out.

36. Kim R says:

For me, the way the writers have created the different shades of each character is one of the reasons I love this show. Yes, Tony has a lot of boy in him but that is not his only layer and we’ve all seen that. Gibbs is rough and mean to some of the underlings but again, because we know him we know that is not his only note. That is what is so great about NCIS in my opinion. They are all flawed but warm & we as viewers are invested in their lives.When I first read the news that the character of Ziva would be leaving I felt like a friend was moving away. I think that says a lot about how this show is done. Just my 2 cents. :)

37. Classic NCIS fan says:

Very much looking forward to NCIS S11 – especially starting with episode 3

38. another ncis fan says:

Though I am not sad to see Ziva go, I am sad for all the fans of Ziva and Tiva who are heart broken.

39. Moving Forward says:

I’m hoping they’ll use the opportunity they have with a three member to team to re-establish some bonds that seem to have gotten lost in the past few years – Gibbs and Tony (remember in the early days when Gibbs used to consult Tony about the cases, and Tony used to challenge Gibbs when Gibbs was out of line?); McGee and Tony (their relationship really grew during ToC, then took a step backward for reasons I don’t understand); Tony and Abby (what a great friendship, but barely seen for a long while now).
    Also looking forward to the Ducky/Palmer dynamic and how that’ll play out as Palmer goes through the adoption process.
    Lots to look forward to. I hope they take the time and the opportunity they’ve been given.

40. estefania says:

ziva character was the most complex character ever, and the most real for me and wonderl and brilliant protray by cote de pablo, for me she was the last x factor in the perfect mix of NCIS , I am going to be power of eight , because before her , sasha/kate was and doing weel , but the destiny gave to cote in there because when they were completely, because before this soulmares in job were all together and rating will be arise it was cote came, because she was the last piece in the perfect NCIS PUZZLE , they could bring another person , but they never could copy the chaemistry , I wish cote will come back in the future if they let open door I think she will , for people who say cote and michael don’t have chemistry, mayb are blind, bc I know people who don’t see NCIS and I see ncis videos and they see with me they saaid they are in love or something like this, their chemistry knew donal bellisario the great creator of NCIS , HE SAID THIS KIND OF iS RARE TO FIND, HE SAID IN OLD INTERVIEW some years ago

ziva/cote was real role model for young and woman and admire her , bc she is so brave,talented, gorgeous, private with her life that in this Media you don’t see many actress like this, she loves her fans and loves one and cast and crew but no fame.

thank for this article Matt , greeting from Chile

41. Becky says:

so very SAD to see Ziva go I will miss her very much the show just won’t be the same, but I will stay with it. It’s the best show on TV.

42. Marian says:

Going to be very hard to see Ziva really leave the show. She is a very interesting character. Love her trying to speak ‘proper’ English. Can’t imagine anyone
    coming even close to sparking the show the way she has.

43. NCIS-Lover says:

OMG I can’t wait for it.In I will look it in english (I lived in Germany) because in Germany last sunday came detou only.(I’ve look the hole season 10 in english).
    And i’am very sad that cote leave NCIS.
    I hope you understant my enlish :)

44. Carol says:

I don’t want Ziva to go. Why does she have to leave.

45. ncis4evr says:

Looking forward to S11. Hoping they concentrate on the TEAM again, and on developing those characters. I really don’t care about the guest stars, unless it’s Joe Spano’s Fornell or Diane Neal’s Borin, who blend in with the team so well. Also hope for some good Tony/McGee partnership, and putting Tony and Gibbs on a more even level. Otherwise it doesn’t say much about Gibbs’ mentoring abilities.

46. Stephanie says:

I don’t want to say goodbye to Ziva. :( That is all.

47. Joanna says:

I don’t want Ziva to leave the show either. In an earlier ‘scoop’ piece, viewers were asked for their suggestions of how the character should be ‘sent off.’ I still think if Tony and Ziva were to marry, Ziva could be re-assigned to another department (or something along those lines), presuming that NCIS has a nepotism policy that makes it impossible for the two to work side-by-side.

48. Greg says:

I sincerely hope She will come back next year after her leave. She is too much a part of all our viewer lives. Reminds me of Jag leaving us hanging over whatever happened to all the individuals (Would make a great N.C.I.S. two part show or maybe even three ) Tony and Ziva had true screen chemistry, would have been nice to see her go out with Tony’s child
    N.C.I.S. should bring Col. Mann back or Kate’s Sister as a real Gibbs Lasting Love Character

49. BJG says:

Looking forward to S11 and their New Beginning. Let Tony be Tony and not part of a ship, a forced one at that.

50. guest says:

You all do realize that Cote de Pablo is not responsible for how her character is written? Just like Michael Weatherly is not responsible for how his character is written. Who are you going to blame for Tony’s incompetent behavior once Ziva is gone? I am really looking forward to the excuses you will come up with once that happens. I am sure that you will find a new person to vilify in order to forever promote Tony as the victim.