The Good Wife to Welcome Back Fringe Alum John Noble -- But How, Exactly?!

Good Wife John NobleHere’s a casting mystery: John Noble is set to reprise his Good Wife role as Alicia’s murdered client.

RELATED | Good Wife Season 5 Casts Talia Balsam as Political Reporter

As first reported by TVGuide.com, the Fringe vet will return for a Season 5 episode as Matthew Ashbaugh, who appeared in flashbacks last season.

Seeing as how Matthew is still very dead, might Alicia’s memories of her time with the eccentric, litigious man shed light on a new story?

The Good Wife premieres Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9/8c.

Good Wife fans, hit the comments with your theories on Noble’s reappearance!

1. M3rc Nate says:

Dont watch the show, but he is a God among men in his skills of acting. It is a travesty that he didnt win (or get nominated for) any significant award for his work on Fringe.

2. I bet he left her money and that will help her start her new firm with Cary. Somehow, they’ll work that in flashbacks.

3. LL says:

Can we PLEASE have him onscreen for more than five minutes this time??

And yes, he is a god among men.

4. Joey says:

Glad he’s coming back to the show. He should have won awards for his great work on Fringe.

5. nikki says:

I love John Noble but this will probably be an excuse to show some gross Will/Alicia scenes. Very disappointing.

• kavita says:

Will and Alicia scenes look real and genuine . Gross would describe Peter and Alicia . All those ” must happen ” booty calls in the loo.

• canadian ninja says:

Crazy blah troll Will – check.
        Crazy blerg troll Peter – check.
        Normal responses to the actual story may now resume..
        More John Noble can’t be a bad thing, even if he can only live on in more flashbacks.

6. redjane12 says:

From what I recall the John Noble character was a sort of odd but inspiring guy (a scientist with a penchant for classical music maybe?) who had an emotional impact on Alicia through their legal dealings so my guess is that Alicia will be dealing with some stressful difficulties and he’ll be a sort of ghostly advisor.

But honestly, I do not care, seeing John Noble on screen is always a gift and his character in TGW was awesome so an encore is always welcome…

7. Sophonisbe says:

I loved John Noble and his character on tGW, but I don’t particularly want to see him again. I mean, the guy was never talked about before, had one episode and is dead, and they still make him come back.
    I’m afraid it announces an other season of guest stars. “Look, we have x, y, and z on the show! No need to actually take care of our existing characters!”.

8. Ashley says:

AHHHAHAHA it’s walter! i miss fringe…….

9. Lori says:

Not sure how this will play, but I trust TGW’s writers. They haven’t let me down (I’ve decided to ignore the ridiculous, stupid waste of my time storyline with Kalinda’s ex-husband). I look forward to how they’ll handle the rise of the dead (I’m guessing flashbacks).

10. Kayla says:

Who cares how? This is great.