Fall TV Preview

The Good Wife to Welcome Back Fringe Alum John Noble — But How, Exactly?!

Good Wife John NobleHere’s a casting mystery: John Noble is set to reprise his Good Wife role as Alicia’s murdered client.

RELATED | Good Wife Season 5 Casts Talia Balsam as Political Reporter

As first reported by TVGuide.com, the Fringe vet will return for a Season 5 episode as Matthew Ashbaugh, who appeared in flashbacks last season.

Seeing as how Matthew is still very dead, might Alicia’s memories of her time with the eccentric, litigious man shed light on a new story?

The Good Wife premieres Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9/8c.

Good Wife fans, hit the comments with your theories on Noble’s reappearance!

Comments (12)

• Dont watch the show, but he is a God among men in his skills of acting. It is a travesty that he didnt win (or get nominated for) any significant award for his work on Fringe.

Comment by M3rc Nate – August 28, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet he left her money and that will help her start her new firm with Cary. Somehow, they’ll work that in flashbacks.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell (@Jarry9493) – August 28, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we PLEASE have him onscreen for more than five minutes this time??

And yes, he is a god among men.

Comment by LL – August 28, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad he’s coming back to the show. He should have won awards for his great work on Fringe.

Comment by Joey – August 28, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love John Noble but this will probably be an excuse to show some gross Will/Alicia scenes. Very disappointing.

Comment by nikki – August 28, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will and Alicia scenes look real and genuine . Gross would describe Peter and Alicia . All those ” must happen ” booty calls in the loo.

Comment by kavita – August 29, 2013 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Crazy blah troll Will – check.
        Crazy blerg troll Peter – check.
        Normal responses to the actual story may now resume..
        More John Noble can’t be a bad thing, even if he can only live on in more flashbacks.

Comment by canadian ninja – August 29, 2013 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From what I recall the John Noble character was a sort of odd but inspiring guy (a scientist with a penchant for classical music maybe?) who had an emotional impact on Alicia through their legal dealings so my guess is that Alicia will be dealing with some stressful difficulties and he’ll be a sort of ghostly advisor.

But honestly, I do not care, seeing John Noble on screen is always a gift and his character in TGW was awesome so an encore is always welcome…

Comment by redjane12 – August 29, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved John Noble and his character on tGW, but I don’t particularly want to see him again. I mean, the guy was never talked about before, had one episode and is dead, and they still make him come back.
    I’m afraid it announces an other season of guest stars. “Look, we have x, y, and z on the show! No need to actually take care of our existing characters!”.

Comment by Sophonisbe – August 29, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHHAHAHA it’s walter! i miss fringe…….

Comment by Ashley – August 29, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure how this will play, but I trust TGW’s writers. They haven’t let me down (I’ve decided to ignore the ridiculous, stupid waste of my time storyline with Kalinda’s ex-husband). I look forward to how they’ll handle the rise of the dead (I’m guessing flashbacks).

Comment by Lori – August 29, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares how? This is great.

Comment by Kayla – August 29, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post