Hot Video: Official Ravenswood Trailer Will Make You Feel Light as a (Very Creepy) Feather

ABC Family on Tuesday unveiled the first official trailer for its upcoming Pretty Little Liars spin-off Ravenswood — and with it comes the promise that “a curse” (and feathers!) “will fall” on those inhabiting the eery titular town.

Set to The Civil Wars’ haunting anthem “The One That Got Away,” the promo follows Ravenswood‘s five core characters — including departing Liars‘ fave Caleb (played by Tyler Blackburn) — as they venture through the city and straight to the cemetery first seen on the mothership series.

RELATED| Pretty Little Liars Spin-Off Ravenswood — Crossover Plans

What do you think of this Ravenswood first look, Pretty Little fans? And more importantly, will Nicole Gale Anderson’s leading lady be Caleb’s new Hanna replacement?! Hit the comments!

Ravenswood premieres Tuesday, Oct. 22 at 9/8c, following Liars’ annual Halloween special.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, First Look, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. Bass Drum says:

Looks ridiculous , IMHO.

2. Don’t know if Caleb aka Tyler Blackburn is leaving PLL for Ravenswood or perhaps he’s pulling double duty on both shows.

3. Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
    Ravenswood would my new favorite show for the fall season.

4. Steven says:

Looks awful. I can’t stand Pretty Little Liars, but everyone should read the books. They’re so much better.

5. Cherry says:

Looks pretty good, but cheesy promo. Caleb always annoyed me, but the rest of the cast seem interesting. So is this like the supernatural sister to PLL? Also, Nicole Anderson reminds me of Torrey DeVitto, I don’t know why.

6. Dani says:

This is NOT a trailer. It’s a teaser at best. And not a very good one to be honest. Anyway I’m going to check out “Ravenswood”. Even though I doubt it will be as addicting as “PLL”.

7. alison says:

Sure hope she isn’t his new Hannah, can’t stand that girl

8. Shazzer says:

I’m excited to see what life is like outside of Rosewood! If it’s like PLL only creepy, sign me up! If it fails, I hope the supernatural aspect of Ravenswood doesn’t make things difficult for Caleb to return to PLL. If it succeeds, I hope there are some fun crossovers!

9. Rebecca says:

I guess I am in the minority…because I was on the fence about the show and after watching the preview I am much more excited about! Also, loved the song!!!

• Carrie says:

Hey, I thought it was pretty clever. It certainly wasn’t what I was expecting. I’ll at least give this show a shot. I do like Caleb.

10. Lynne says:

Just like PLL, this has caught my attention at least, so I will give it a shot. Maybe I will end up stickin with this one longer than I did with PLL. We’ll see.

11. Brandy says:

This is more like a teaser doesn’t tell us much about the show and it’s characters at all.

12. Pérola Cardozo says:

Someone stole Emmet’s wardrobe.

13. Tori says:

I love the teaser. I am a sucker for shows about how our family’s past comes back to bite us in the present. I think it is safe to say that Caleb’s ancestor is connected to the curse or maybe he is the reincarnation of this ancestor. I look forward to given Ravenswood a chance. I also have no issue with the supenatural aspects of the show, people have notice PLL had more then once use an element of the supernatural on the show, the little girl who was in Hannah’s house on Halloween as well as the little creepy kid who made some kind of prediction when they were in the doll place.

14. alistaircrane says:

I love Caleb and I’m so happy he’s getting his own show! Out of all the younger male actors on the show, he’s the best. Sorry Hanna, but Caleb can do so much better than you in Ravenswood.

15. Crystal says:

I love the Civil Wars….almost made me want to watch this show.

16. Azerty says:

Still hope this show will fail to have Caleb back in PLL. He was the only one who seemed to think.

17. All i hope is if for some reason Ravenswood does not do good in ratings that Caleb could come back to pretty little liars. Love him

• Nichole says:

agreed. idk if i can watch this if he plays the same person just in a different town and falls in love with someone other than hannah. they are perfect.

18. Regina says:

I thought the teaser did a great job at teasing the audience and making us want to know more. I mean look, we are all talking about it. It reminds me of when Angel was a spinoff of Buffy. At first you don’t want to see him go his separate way, but then you learn so much more about the character. I think it looks pretty awesome.

19. Tess says:

Hanna should date country honest boy. I am quite frankly tired of Calabs intense thing for Hanna I know it’s cool for someone to have a good relationship but they don’t even disagree and she doesn’t really seem that into him, he’s more like a crutch for her. I hope his new leading lady is a little more independent.

• chelsea23fulk says:

I totally agree that Hannah should go for the country guy. I feel like she is getting annoyed with Caleb. Although you can still feel like she cares for him but is still using him at the same time to figure out who A is.

20. emma says:

So exciting!

21. LDF84 says:

I don’t like the idea of it being supernatural – I love PLL because it’s so creepy and thrilling but in a non-supernatural way. So what, Caleb moves away and suddenly he’s fighting curses? Doesn’t make sense at all as a spin-off as it’s a totally different genre.

22. Mehnaz says:

I think the directors saying it made sense for caleb to cross over since we dont know abt his parents…is so INCORRECT cuz we know his mom lives in california n remarried his dad is the guy to b his uncle who also has a past in criminal activity. He bonded with both n now finally is in rosewood to help hanna n protect her from A. So it makes no sense him crossing over. Summer finale he was asked by hanna to join her there to help uncover A n maybe hack into the crazy computers that watches their every move. Also pll always continues from where it left off halloween episode so the mini webisode series made sense b4 but this doesnt cuz i cant figure out how they will put them in january at parallel timeline. It would make more SENSE if Toby moved there.. He is no longer obsessed with protecting spencer he wants answers abt his moms death which could b linked to ravenswood as toby goes out of town to meet her doctor with alzheimers. And we never saw his parents on pll. We did calebs. Also his moms death mystery can easily b linked to supernatural. But pll being so realistic i think supernatural will confuse the show n ruin it for pll fans. Psychic i can deal with like the housemother having visions but not curse that taking it to another level. Also jenna toby step sister was seen in ravenswood pucking up shana n shana seem to know more so she should have been in the spinoff. Im curious abt ravenswood but dont like caleb being in it bcuz it makes no sense that he would leave hanna whom he lives n promised not to leave n wants to protect from A when the bug lair was jus discovered for his own selfish past.