Ratings: The Glades, Longmire Finales Hit Highs

Get More: Finales, News, Ratings

Ratings Glades Longmire FinalesA&E’s The Glades on Monday night wrapped up its fourth season with an audience of 3.4 million total viewers, with 1.1 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot.

Those numbers mark week-to-week gains of more than 25 percent, season highs and all-time highs for a Glades finale.

For the season, The Glades averaged 2.6 million weekly viewers vs. Season 3′s 3.0 mil.

RELATED | Monday Broadcast Ratings: Mistresses Ticks Up, Ninja Leaps to High

Longmire capped A&E’s Monday night and its sophomore run with a total audience of 4.4 million, with 1.1 mil falling in the 18-49 demo — up 7 and 13 percent week-to-week and representing season highs.

For the season, Longmire averaged 3.7 million weekly viewers vs. Season 1′s 4.0 mil.

Both The Glades and Longmire await word on renewal… or otherwise. TVLine’s Cable Scorecard has each show’s latest prospects.

Comments (40)

• Loved Longmire last night and with a ending like that it better get renewed!! Come on A&E get your butt in gear…..

Comment by K. – August 27, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah A&E! Renew Longmire already!

Comment by J – August 27, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please renew the glades and Longmire.both shows are so well done.

Comment by Michele – August 30, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. I love both The Glades and Longmire.

Comment by Linda Nickle – August 30, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • keep both on them on. love them

Comment by frank johnson – September 4, 2013 05:39 AM PDT
        • Need to no if The Glades and Longmire is coming back on for next Season .Thank you

Comment by Nancy – September 27, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh Yea

Comment by Larry – August 27, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • doe anybody know when it will premiere that is for longmire.

Comment by helen – January 11, 2014 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the Glades better get another season after that finale!!!!

Comment by Elyse – August 27, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally second that .. we need some resolution .. that was quite the cliff hanger

Comment by Michelle – August 27, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • apparently it would be too hard to get everyone together to do a episode for us fans of glades

Comment by helen – January 11, 2014 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I have original copies of “The Glades”‘ scripts, including “Tin Cup,” the FINAL episode
          where “Jim” is shot by an unknown assailant. It’s like owning a copy of one of the “Classics.”

Comment by S. Salony – January 12, 2014 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love The Glades. With its highest ratings ever why would you cancel it. I think I’ll stick to watching netflixs.

Comment by Pat – August 30, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Longmire! Now that was a great finale! The Native American spirituality is pretty interesting. Loved this season, the best yet! Bravo everyone. Please renew!

Comment by what! – August 27, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man, The Glades… I did NOT see that coming. So glad they nailed it in the ratings. Really, really hoping this will help A&E push the button on a renewal.

Comment by DL – August 27, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am worried about both shows. I don’t watch Longmire, but its fans sing its praises, so I hope they get more eps.

However……..

Neither show is owned by AE studios, and apparently the new managers of the net want to focus on in house productions. I hope we at least get a movie wrap up, but I the longer we go without some sort of announcement, the more worried I get.

Comment by Patrick – August 28, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Longmire so much! It’s not really like any other show that I watch. Hope it gets renewed!

Comment by jdbasset – August 27, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be the minority here and say I did not care for the Longmire finale. Too much cliffhanger tension for me. Who is going to jail, who is dying, who is about to get killed? I felt like I was watching the Grey’s Anatomy finale. I guess I am just tired of angst-ridden cliffhangers. I am still looking forward to season 3, but not because of anything in the finale.

Comment by Ms.Georgia – August 27, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed with everything you said

Comment by s – August 28, 2013 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know everyone hates the storyline with Callie but that is the only thing that kept me recording The Glades. Jim has become almost unbearable so I look forward to the scenes with Callie. That last scene SHOCKED me though.

Longmire season finale was awesome. Hope it gets renewed.

Comment by tp – August 27, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not I. I love Jim and Callie as a couple. I just am starting to find Jim a very unlikable character, who is constantly so sure he is correct about who did it, that it doesn’t matter how he treats someone who may actually be grieving the loss of a loved person. sigh. Everyone else is cool, but not the lead character.

Comment by Acter – August 28, 2013 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think he’s sure who did it at all. That’s just his ultra-obnoxious sleuthing “technique” to throw people off guard and get information out of him. But yeah, he’s become decidedly more aggravating in that respect recently. I was shocked by that last scene, but then I was like, “well, he HAS pissed off a lot of people…”

But yeah, I love him and Callie. And I love Jim’s parents! So cool to see Corbin Bernsen playing a TV dad so completely different from Henry Spencer.

Comment by DL – August 28, 2013 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, I think Jim accuses everyone to shake them up and get more information out of them–it does get annoying at times, but it’s true to his character. I also love Jim and Callie together, I hope they get another season and can be a drama-free couple.

Comment by suzi – August 28, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad “Longmire” has been doing so well in the ratings. It’s such a great show.

Comment by Carrie – August 27, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire was great all season and the ratings for final were up so A&E must renew this series quality stuff this year and final left alot of open ended story lines

Comment by Joelic – August 27, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad that The Glades is doing well in the ratings because it needs to be renewed especially with that finale! I really love Jim & Callie together and I was just noting to be husband while watching that it was nice having a tv couple together w/o the drama of a breakup or cheating then getting them back together. I really like Jim’s parents as well! I mean this in a good way that The Glades is just a nice hour of mindless television.

Now as for Longmire…I LOVE Longmire! Season one was really good but season two just took it up so many notches. I absolutely love season 2 especially the following episodes: The Great Spirit, Tuscan Red, Natural Order, and the finale. I love all the episodes but those are my favorites! I love the setting of the show; I love how Native American culture is weaved into the show; I love Robert Taylor as Walt Longmire; I love Lou Diamond Phillips as Henry; I love all the other characters and the acting. Okay…I’m obsessed with the show! Renew, renew, renew!

Comment by Rae – August 28, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Like Glades….. Please Renew.
    I LOVE Longmire! MUST RENEW!!!

Comment by Alienate – August 28, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • recently started watching longmire, great cast, storytelling and the locations are spectacular.

Comment by sharie – August 28, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Occasional Viewer of The Glades. Each time I have watched it I do enjoy it. I hope it gets renewed. If A&E doesn’t pick it up, I hope another network will. I really didn’t expect that ending. On their Wedding Day.. nooooo! Everyone looked nice and the cast is good. I also like Jim’s parents in this. I also noticed the casting of Scottie Thompson for Callie’s sister was good. The ladies look like they could really pass for sisters.

Comment by JBC – August 28, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back the Glades & Longmire Love them both

Comment by Margaret B – August 31, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy The Glades and Longmire more than other show on the main networks. I see no reason not to renew them. Come on and please the viewers for another season or two or three. I was looking forward to the marriage of Jim and Calie. Longmire is just keeping me glued to the couch for an hour a week.

Comment by Darlene – September 1, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The “Glades” seemed to be a “chick-flick,” complete with “Valley Girl” voice fry(s) from gals
    who are SUPPOSED to be from either So. FL or the Chicago area. VERY annoying. “Jim”
    would lose his badge, arresting so many people in each episode. “Palm Glade” is the LARGEST TOWN in all of Florida, stretching (it would seem) from Orlando to The Keys. And
    each week, a BODY is found at the start of each episode? We have that many killings only in the “inner cities,” NOT in “Palm Glade.” The premise of the show was good; the “Valley Girl” speak got to be so darned ANNOYING along with so many WRONG “arrests.” The finale was a sad way to end it, though. I’m certain the writers and Execs didn’t plan on being cancelled with an ending like that one. Also- “Longmire” should lose the “Valley girl” speak of “Vic.” Philly detectives DON’T sound like that. The rest of the cast is PERFECT. I used to live in the REAL “Longmire area.” Great acting; great people.

Comment by Curly Howard – September 2, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My heart hurts I love the glade I never missed it. I love Jim and Callie and not only because of their relationship Jim is just a hot mess and that what made me like him in the first place and Callie can hold her own when it comes to him the way it went off not knowing what happening’s to him just down right wrong if you was going to end the show you should of just let them have their wedding and let it be a happy ever after,but no you had to break my heart two time ending it like that and then to find out it is never coming on wow

Comment by Keisha – September 2, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You cannot end this 4 year show like they did. I’ll stop watching A&E altogether if there isn’t a season 5. USA should pick it up if it is dropped. Bad call A&E.

Comment by Mike S – September 4, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, Renew The Glades!!!!!!

Comment by Susan – September 10, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Glades is cancelled, that is one of the best shows on A&E!!! how disappointing this news is, please reconsider!!!!

Comment by Pauline – November 3, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At least MP got a shot on USA.

Comment by Dory – November 8, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was truly disappointed when I found The Glades was canceled. It was an excellent show and it was the one program I was anxious to have come back for the upcoming season. Please renew it or hopefully another channel will pick it up.

Comment by Louise Rapa – January 14, 2014 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back the Glades it is was a great show that was also funny.

Comment by valerie smith – March 9, 2014 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring The Glades back!!! I really love the show and would like to see what happens to Jim and Callie!
    That was a season ending begging for a follow up!

Comment by Bernice Myburgh – March 12, 2014 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post