Fall TV Preview

How I Met Your Mother Final Season Sneak Peek: Does Ted Give Robin the Gift of Closure?

CBS has released has a fresh batch of photos from How I Met Your Mothers swan-song season, and the locket appears to be front and center in the following first look at the one-hour season premiere (airing Sept. 23 at 8/7c).

PHOTOS | Farewell, How I Met Your Mother: 13 Clue-Filled Episodes To Watch Before the Final Season

Will Ted hand over Robin’s “something old” and let go of his ex? Will the bride finally get some peace of mind about getting hitched to Barney? (The soon-to-be marrieds do look happy…)

Elsewhere, Marshall’s erratic behavior annoys a fellow passenger (guest star Sherri Shepherd, who’ll recur this season).

Check out the photo gallery and then head to the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (11)

• Hopefully this season ends the series in a good way since last season sucked

Comment by crog – August 27, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dexter isn’t doing a very nice final season, so I don’t think HIMYM will do that. Elsewhere, last year’s Mother was really good. It had its good episodes.

Comment by Claudia – August 27, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very excited for this final season. I can’t wait to see how they go about this “one weekend” format. I have a lot of faith in C&C, especially when they mentioned how much they can go “back and forth,” which they’ve proved they can do well.

But where are the pictures of Cristin Milioti?!

Comment by D'Arcy – August 27, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t Sherri Shephard a homophobe? That’s gonna be some interesting behind the scenes footage xx

Comment by zombiewithanidentitycrisis – August 27, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought too. I’m surprised they’d let her on this show with NPH.

Comment by Mikael – August 29, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Photo 5 with Sherri Shepherd doesn’t seem to be a flattering photo of her at all, right? It can’t just be me.

Comment by Andy – August 27, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geez, I didn’t know there were so many Sherri haters. I think judging from her performance in 30 Rock, her scenes with Jason Segel should be hilarious.

Comment by Tracie – August 27, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! She was stellar as Angie Jordan. The ‘Queen of Jordan’ episode is one of my faves!

Comment by Aprilcot – August 28, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow in reading that question I realized I couldn’t care less and grimaced at more of that blundering about. When did THAT happen? Ted and Robin keep getting dragged out, how about something new instead of something so old and long dead?

Comment by John – August 27, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh…I do not like Sherri Shepherd.

Comment by Lana – August 28, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Sherrie shepherd is a phat black cow that sets her race back many years , Christ learn to speak

Comment by Dave johnson – September 10, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post