How I Met Your Mother Final Season Sneak Peek: Does Ted Give Robin the Gift of Closure?

CBS has released has a fresh batch of photos from How I Met Your Mothers swan-song season, and the locket appears to be front and center in the following first look at the one-hour season premiere (airing Sept. 23 at 8/7c).

PHOTOS | Farewell, How I Met Your Mother: 13 Clue-Filled Episodes To Watch Before the Final Season

Will Ted hand over Robin’s “something old” and let go of his ex? Will the bride finally get some peace of mind about getting hitched to Barney? (The soon-to-be marrieds do look happy…)

Elsewhere, Marshall’s erratic behavior annoys a fellow passenger (guest star Sherri Shepherd, who’ll recur this season).

Check out the photo gallery and then head to the comments with your thoughts.

1. crog says:

Hopefully this season ends the series in a good way since last season sucked

• Claudia says:

Dexter isn’t doing a very nice final season, so I don’t think HIMYM will do that. Elsewhere, last year’s Mother was really good. It had its good episodes.

2. D'Arcy says:

I’m very excited for this final season. I can’t wait to see how they go about this “one weekend” format. I have a lot of faith in C&C, especially when they mentioned how much they can go “back and forth,” which they’ve proved they can do well.

But where are the pictures of Cristin Milioti?!

3. Isn’t Sherri Shephard a homophobe? That’s gonna be some interesting behind the scenes footage xx

4. Andy says:

Photo 5 with Sherri Shepherd doesn’t seem to be a flattering photo of her at all, right? It can’t just be me.

5. Tracie says:

Geez, I didn’t know there were so many Sherri haters. I think judging from her performance in 30 Rock, her scenes with Jason Segel should be hilarious.

6. John says:

Wow in reading that question I realized I couldn’t care less and grimaced at more of that blundering about. When did THAT happen? Ted and Robin keep getting dragged out, how about something new instead of something so old and long dead?

7. Lana says:

Ugh…I do not like Sherri Shepherd.

8. Dave johnson says:

I think Sherrie shepherd is a phat black cow that sets her race back many years , Christ learn to speak