Exclusive

Bones Exclusive: First Season 9 Footage Tees Up Tension for Booth and Brennan, an MIA Sweets and a 'Once In a Lifetime Opportunity' for [Spoiler]

bones season 9When Bones returns on Monday, Sept. 16, fans should expect “a lot of surprises” and some big “changes” for several key characters, stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel tease in the following clip package, which also features a first look at Season 9.

RELATED | It’s Official: Booth and Brennan are Getting Married!

Among the key takeaways: A guilt-ridden Sweets has gone AWOL from the Jeffersonian, Hodgins and Angela are having a major difference of opinion about a “once in a lifetime opportunity” that has come his way, and all of the Pelant-induced drama and subsequent lies have taken a serious toll on Booth and Brennan’s relationship.

Press PLAY below and then comment away!

1. lucy says:

Yeah but bring on the actual premier scenes……you know David and Freddie goodness……HAHA ….this is ep 3? shot last season I think.

2. Kristine S. says:

Yawn.

3. Billy says:

This season will be a big waste of time after what they did in the final of last season like giving the fans the middle finger . should have be canceled last year . I think Fox realized that that’s why the moved it to Fridays . On the Tv guide web site had a article that the wedding will be in the first episode in November . that was given out last month Yet web sites keep playing stupid about when the wedding is why is that . Can any of them get on the same page . The whole pelant story line is realy getting old yet the producers keep it going tells you they got nothing and this season will be just like the last 2 train wreck seasons no matter what the two stars say to try and suker people to watching . I was a Big fan but now it’s time to say good by to a pathetic show that was great in the beginning now it’s become a sad shell of it’s self . Where the producers don’t know when to say when.

• Kwapple says:

If you don’t like the show don’t watch, don’t read articles about it. This isn’t rocket science. Besides, it’s not like we’re going to miss you or anything.

• Corinna says:

I agree i luvvv bones

• Jo says:

I am with you I am in Australia and you are very lucky to get season 9 they are dragging season 8 on and off again every one I talk to are frustrated here luv bones keep it coming

• Tamara says:

Agree. If you have nothing good to say, its best to not say anything!

• Naz says:

Thank you!

• Helen says:

Totally agree. This article was meant for Bones fans, and it’s clear you’re not.

• Bethany says:

Very best way to say what everyone is thinking.

• Roxy says:

That’s a little unfair. Some of us long time Bones fans are not fans of the current storyline and should be allowed to express our opinions. These days shows need more than a few rabid fans
        “the writers can do no wrong” fans if they want to succeed season to season. If something is causing previously committed viewers to pack it in and change channels, then the people behind the show should know that. You may not “miss” us but when the show gets canceled because they lost too viewers than I bet you “miss” the show. Keep in mind, most people won’t bother to comment here..they will just stop watching. You go on with your love fest..lets hope you get to have one next year too.

• Shirley Quinn says:

I agree if you don’t like a program change the channel, I enjoy the program so I’ll watch.

• Grandma says:

I love Bones…looking forward to Fridays as I work Mondays…Critics must be a fan of the Kardashians…no thinking required,

• Logikal 1 says:

Actually, Bones IS rocket science [LOL] .As a medical pro I can tell you they’ve got 99% of anthropological, medical & scientific procedures, data & even pronunciation dead on. I can watch Bones & not cringe at the errors (like those in USA’s awful ‘Royal Pains’ It’s riddled w/basic mistakes. Why anyone watches the show beats me. Watched 1/2 an episode & never tuned back in.).

Which is your point. Billy’s an idiot. Why waste all that space writing a dissertation as to why you don’t like the show? Don’t like Bones? Change the channel.

• anon says:

buh bye Billie …hope you feel better after your rant…nobody made you watch Bones for the last few years that choice was yours…don’t blame Fox or the producers for something that was in your control: like stop watching…good you seen the light.

• Roberta says:

SHUT UP I can’t wait for it to start LOVE THE SHOW FOREVER

• Linda says:

Honestly, If you hate Bones so much, why are you taking the time to read about it and trash it? I think 8 years plus a season 9 and possible 10 speaks volumes as to how so many people like Bones….Just saying..

• Stefan says:

How dare you have an opinion that differs from the rest of the sheep!

• Lynda B. says:

First of all you don’t know how to spell or use the English language correctly, so I am immediately turned off by your comments, not to mention the fact that I still LOVE Bones . . . a TRUE fan!

• Logikal 1 says:

Ah, Lynda…those in glass houses….etc. Your own punctuation & sentence structure are pretty bad. Were I grading I would rate your competence at about 5th grade. Your comment, correctly written, would’ve looked like this:

“First of all, you don’t know how to spell or correctly use the English language. I was immediately turned off by your comments. I still LOVE Bones! Unlike you, I am a TRUE fan!”

I will say this, ‘Bones’ appeals to those with higher IQs and those who appreciate a well-written drama. Given that, I hope the show continues it’s run.

I’d like them to catch that super-genius who stole Hodgins’ fortune. Why they never tried to go after that villain or had him continue to interfere with national security, etc. so they’d need to battle him again boggles the mind. I fully expected them to pursue this story line but producers & writers dropped the ball.

• xty says:

I Love d comments by Billy.He was totally on point.At first bones was great but it became boring especially with booth and Dr.Brenan not showing as much intimacy as u would have expected in d beginning.but I am still gonna Watch and hopes it gets back to what it used to be.

• Jenn says:

They are using this season to “kill off” Pelant. They realize that it is getting old and tired and are wrapping him up. Thats why they are moving so fast with this season. I think once they kill of Pelant and move onto a new storyline that they will come out of the grey area and move forward.

• Evander says:

I liked last season, I do agree Pelant is dragging on but maybe he gets a gory end and makes it worthwhile. I hate what they did with Booth and Bones over the wedding thing.

• Betty says:

If you don’t like the show, don’t watch it. I’ll take this before DWTS,Reality shows, Modern Family and Family Guy.

• Connie says:

In my opinion, I think Bones is one of the best shows-if no THE best show-I have ever watched. I honestly don’t understand your point of ranting about how much you hate the show Bones. I mean, seriously, if you hate it so much why even bother to watch trailers and teasers about season 9? Ugh, I don’t understand people like you sometimes…

• Pam says:

Way to be an a**hole. I love this show. If you don’t like it, stop watching. And stop reading articles about it too.

• ashvarn says:

Not at all, this puts there love to the test.. an I’m very excited to see whats going to happen next with this Pelant character. The vengeance has yet to come his way! There was a lot of lose ends in the last season and i think the producers are doing a great job! Some more creativity could have been stepped up, but we shall see!!

• Alyssa says:

You know what? I think everytime one of us fans learns that it’s gonna be a pelant episode..we look forward to it even more because we wonder how the writers and everyone will let it play out. Like how will they kill pelant…or not kill pelant(and just maybe throw his ass in jail). Who knows really! That’s one of the resons why we love watching Bones. It’s really unpredictable as to how an episode will go down and i think the writers and actors deserve the recognition for doing that. So, sorry if you’re not satusfied to how Bones has become. But as long as the majority is loving it still, the show may have live forever(ok..exxagerating a bit cos I can’t handle the thought of Bones ending-I’m only a bonehead)^^ thanks for the free criticism though

• Jackie/Max Strange says:

I just learned that David has accepted another series and I am horrified. This has a cult following so why stop it while it is still be receiving a “5”. rating. I am afraid with all the changes and answers to some of the mysteries that they are about to close out Bones. How long do you think That Girl will last if she were treated as a red-headed step child? Instead they advertise that show and others all the time. They can’t even give Bones their own night. Where else can you find comedy-drama and murder all in the same story with top notch actors and writers?

• Beth Ussery says:

If you don’t like it than don’t watch and don’t complain. If you think its a “train wreck season” then find something else to watch and quit hatting on Bones!!!!

• Carol says:

If you don’t like the show …… “DON’T WATCH IT !!!” I along with “many others” enjoy it, I got my husband and kids hooked on the show, my kids and I watch the re-runs on TNT, I have read most of the books, by the creator of the show, Kathy Reich. And like my mother always said ” If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say nothing at all”

• Aaeha says:

Oh my gosh just because theirs one twist in the show and it doesn’t meet your immediate demands on booth and bones getting married as fast as you wanted doesn’t mean you should just stop being a fan. They made that twist because they wanted to make it more exciting. And if you don’t like this show don’t watch it.

• Debbi says:

Are you kidding? This was and is still one of the best shows out there. I fear every season that some day they will listen to an opinion like yours and cancel. That would be a sad sad day for many of us, unlike yourself, we still want the show to continue on!!!

• Rose says:

bye!!!!!

• Dawn says:

I totally agree. I use to love the show, but after the finally last season I am not watching anymore

• Oakley says:

Take a hike billy, if you don,t like it now, don,t watch or rather go back to watching old reruns of saved By the bell.

• Jackie/Max Strange says:

Take this from a retired professor of literature and writing. I have never watched a series like this. it is phenomenal. You have a murder, you have humor and you have relationships.The strongest part is the relationships — they are the hardest to write and act. But ask someone who is a fan if they can relate five of the murder scenes and they can’t. Brennan was a robot and Booth changed her life gradually She has also changed him and the audience — treated like a red-headed step child with schedule changes. All Fox’s promotions go to The New Girl and up coming Sleepy Hollow. Stop watching? How sad. You miss the significance of this cult fiction that will be watched as reruns for many years to come. Booth and Brennan are the cult of Romeo and Juliet. We expect to see hard times for then. But Hannah? what a joke!. At his age he should have recognized the difference between lust and true love. He was Rebecca and Hannah’s boy toy and neither cared enough to even know him. Brennan is/was the only woman in his life capable of loving him as he needed. I feel he betrayed Brennan with Hannah. And if she is to complete her growth, he was deal with Hannah.Booth needs to break his fetish for blonds — they’ve given him nothing but trouble. now he likes Bones better as a blonde. He hasn’t learned a thing yet. But he will.

4. Astrid says:

Can’t wait!!!
    My number one show ever <3 I love it all ;)

5. Smiley says:

I love that all the people involved with Bones appreciate the fans for sticking with them through all the night changes and it really is amazing that its going into its ninth season. They tweet pictures on set, tweet each other and fans, plus David and Emily show up at most PR events such as Comic- Con and TCAs etc.They obviously still get on so well and If it does move to Fridays then given how well their reruns are doing on that night during the I still think we’ll get our 206 episodes. Bring on S9!!

6. LuLu says:

I love this show and I love that they thanks us for keeping them on the air.

7. Lucy says:

Still think they should bring back Zac, he would be like a secret weapon to use against Pelant. So unexpected.

8. carmen Marquez Rivera says:

I cannot wait for season 9. :()

9. Tina says:

Love Bones..can’t wait for the new season!!

10. Tasha says:

I can’t wait for it to come back on I am really excited this summer has been too long with out it!

11. Lacey says:

So excited!!!!!! I cannot wait. Devoted fan, and will ride it out to the end, despite people like Billie :)

• Being a Senior Citizen, Bones is by far one pf the finest Shows on Television. I have watched the series all Nine Seasons. The relationship between Booth and Bones is so Refreshing and so Romantic.

I do think that moving the Series to Friday, will be a huge mistake.

Jim C.

12. vicki says:

I love this show and i can’t wait for the new season to start. I have dvr so I won’t miss an episode.Just for emergencies lol. I will be watching every episode

13. Stiner4 says:

So excited for this season to start! We will definitely be following them to Friday night whenever that happens.

14. Alie says:

The best show ever! Can’t wait for Season 9 to begin. Watching all of Season 8 again to lead up to September 16. There is no way I am missing the premiere, no way.

15. kandie says:

Excited about the new season. Can’t wait !!

16. Karen Tipp says:

I look forward to the new season. However I love all the characters even Zach
    Hope the couple stay married

17. Mary martin says:

Luv bones an both but the cast together makes the show great .. Would love to see zackback if Michala an TJ leave he’s the only one that would come close to them ……….even it goes off this seasonwillwatchreruns

18. Isolde says:

Love the spoilers we have been getting for this season! Bring on season 9!

19. Pam says:

I really love the show but the Pelant storyline has really gone on too long… It kinda feels like they don’t want to come up with anything new so we’ll just have him come back and screw everything up so we have to “fix it” again. I’m sad though that they moved it to Friday because that’s the kiss of death on Fox :(

• Boneshastohave206episodes says:

I’m not so sure about that. Their reruns on Friday during the summer have done as well as first run Fringe and better than first run Touch. If they do get moved there I can see them doing well enough to get a S10.

• Pam says:

I certainly hope so. I’ve been watching since the pilot. Fox’s track record just isn’t very good on Fridays. Nothing seems to last beyond a couple of seasons. Hopefully Bones can break that trend!

• Boneshastohave206episodes says:

A couple of seasons is all they need:)

• frankie707 says:

It’s not the kiss of death unless the fans decide it’s the kiss of death and stop watching. So if it fails on Friday nights, it’s not Fox’s fault, it’ll be the fault of the fans who stopped watching.

We’ve followed this show all over the schedule, or at least many of us have. I’ll follow it to Friday night (if it actually ends up moving there), and hey if it’s on Friday’s I’ll be able to stay up late discussing the episodes online, unlike when I have to get up for work the next morning.

20. Jani says:

am sooooo ready for season 9…..bring it on!

21. Angela says:

I love the show! Yeah, I was a bit disappointed at times, but overall the series is just as good now as it was at the beginning. Can’t wait for the wedding!! I’ve been a longtime ‘shpper and glad to see the payoff finally happen. I think Bones and Booth actually work better as a couple.

22. Babybop says:

I love Bones… I don’t really understand the hate. I thought last season was fantastic, and I was super skeptical about the whole baby thing.

Can’t wait for this new season!! It’s going to be the highlight of my Fridays!

23. Lin M says:

Where’s the link please?

24. Bonnie Ramsey says:

Love this show, but PLEASE finish on Palant. So sick of him. Wrap it up already…

25. Lildeadhead says:

They better get rid of pelant for good and let everyone be happy…or I may have to stop watching!

• SusN says:

They are getting rid of Pellant. He’s going to die and B&B are getting married.

• Cheryl says:

Kill Palant give king of the lab all his money back and start a new case and I would be very happy. Whatever day they start the new season is ok with me I wouldn’t miss an episode

• Marg Roseneder says:

I totally agree, Cheryl. Keep Jack and Angela together, get Booth and Brennan to the altar (finally) and have either Zack or Angela’s father defeat Pelant and then get back to solving cases.

• Marg Roseneder says:

I agree, Cheryl. Keep Jack and Angela together, get either Zack or Angela’s father to defeat Pelant and get Jack’s money back, get Booth and Brennan to the altar, and get back to solving cases.

26. beth says:

oh I can’t wait…. so excited

27. Julie says:

Bones has done great in the rating as well as re-runs. As others have posted, if you don’t like what’s going on in the story line don’t watch. I feel that the story line is getting alittle long but if you look back to Gormagahn and to the other one ( the name of her escapes me now) they were both drawn out, but that is what builds suspense. I think they have done a great job with the dynamics and look forward to as many seasons as they make!

28. Michelle says:

I am so disappointed on how they ended the season last year. I will give them one episode to redeem themselves, if not i can say I will no longer be watching bones. Lets hope they can make it better. I am love this show, but last season almost lost me as a fan and i know several people that are ready to give up Bones. So come on Bones, show us way we all fell in love with the show to begin with.

• spoiler reader says:

They can’t do everything in one episode. I don’t know why people are so obsessed with this “one episode” thing. It’s clear they can’t close the Pelant storyline and make BB get married in one episode. And thank God for that. It would be a huge mess. They ARE closing the Pelant storyline, but he will be gone by October 21, when the hiatus starts. */SPOILER/* BB are getting married soon after that, in November. I didn’t like the finale either, but people are definitely being overdramatic.

• Ben says:

So, if he’s going to be gone in Oct, is he going to be in all episodes until then? If not, the writers are not being true to the story line they created last season…Pelant, all knowing…all seeing….controlling at all times. I liked the show, until the last episode lst season…when Pelant is gone I’ll be back, even if it’s Fridays.

• Eric says:

Seriously? You’re disappointed? How would you have liked it to end? The ending was a perfect twist.

29. tc says:

i can’t wait for it to come back on it been to long and now if my other shows come back on ill be so happy

30. Vickie says:

I love Bones….all of the characters are great even the bad guys…but Booth & Bones are my faves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with the others that Pelant has had his 15 minutes and needs to be killed off by Booth.

31. pedro juarez says:

I am a massive mister f……… bonebustik fan a o over here …

32. tferris24 says:

if you don’t like the show and you are that upset over last season then why would you even take the time to follow this page and be such a hater about the show. Everyone has an opinion but sometimes less is better. The show is one of my favorites and I will watch till it ever ends.

33. Tina Ellis says:

Cant wait for the new season

34. Leire says:

I can’t watch the video!!! :( :( :(

35. Rita Sioros says:

I can not wait for season nine to start. I just hope Pelant goes quickly. I love B&B.

36. Sarah Pease says:

Can someone please tell me why Sweets is guilt-ridden? What did I miss that he has to feel guilty about?

• NatesMama says:

Sweets feels as though since Pelant used his research to get to the team (B&B especially) that he is responsible for most of the destruction he’s brought to them.

37. kim martin says:

My kids and I watch bones reruns everyday! We cant wait.
    ! This show has made science cool for my kids! My 9 year old twins want to be forensic anthropologists! This show rocks!

38. H.Houston says:

Okay someone remind me… what does Sweets have to feel guilty about?

39. nica says:

yo amo esra series y estoy super desesperada por ver la temporada9———por favor a los k no le gustan la series es mejor k no hagan comentario ofensivos y tontos..asi nos ahoramos espacio para el k si le gusta la seire y kiera comentar– ok

40. Mirna K says:

What does Sweets have to feel guilty about? Yes, the Pelant story did get a little drawn out but is still a good show. I don’t think I would have liked or found it believe able if Brendan had suddenly started showing affection in public. The love and caring is shown in other ways

41. Anahi says:

I love the fact that there’s gonna be a 9th (and let’s face it, probably 10th) season of Bones, but it makes me kinda mad that there were only ever 8 seasons of House M.D. Still really looking forward to this season though.

42. LL Conley says:

Bones is a great show, all I worry about is most shows when the main stars get married it goes off. BRING BACK ZAK.

43. Joan says:

All time favorite show, I have been a Bones watcher since day 1. Cant wait for the new season to start and hopefully many more!!!

44. ji hye says:

I can’t see……. I want to see the video…

45. Donna White says:

I sooo love Bones….They have serious jobs, but manage to have fun working, and mesh so well together. If you have to spend so much time together, it is good to have fun together. I had a job like that in Environmental clean up and it was wonderful working with all the seriousness of the job, yet being able to bring humor into it, making the long hours so worth it. The end product was as good as it could be especially with bringing the government into it. It was great being able to balance the seriousness with the humor. It was my favorite job in all my working years, which has been many. I watch all the re-runs on TNT over and over, plus all the fox re-runs off season no matter which night they run! it would be great to bring to Zak back and get rid of Pelant! No matter which night they put them on, I will be watching…Love everyone on the show!

46. vee says:

I love b&b can’t wait 4 series9

47. Tracy Lawrence says:

A very good show. I am watching a re-run as we speak. I did like Zack and Sweets as the other characters. Angela sure has had her ups and downs! Hope the marriage is cool, but needs to have some drama in it. Like a really surprise death at the church that is a character that may have been on before. You know writers….. Am one…….. Retired, but love this show and it has gone well. I have always like Ryan O’Neal! Good luck show people!

48. paniccord says:

“if you don’t like it don’t watch it” – people who are happy to blindly accept what tv shows dish out to them and don’t recognise that some people are actually critical of shows they like because they know those shows can do better and they want them to be as good as they once were

49. Dragonfly says:

Could someone put this video on YT as apparently we are not worth to watch the spoilers

50. You know, couldn’t care about this guy or this show any more since his smarmy smart-ass remarks about a fellow actor at SDCC panel. Really? Where does he come off? Sour grapes if you ask me. Done with him.