Scoop: Sophia Bush Joins NBC's Chicago Fire Spin-Off; The 4400's Patrick Flueger Also Cast

Get More: Casting News

blog_gty_175122857_Patrick-Flueger_Sophia_BushOne Tree Hill vet Sophia Bush has snagged a series regular role in NBC’s cop-focused Chicago Fire spin-off Chicago PD, TVLine has learned.

Additionally, Patrick Flueger (The 4400) is joining the offshoot as a regular.

RELATED | Chicago PD Drops Melissa Sagemiller, Adds Jesse Lee Sofer

Bush, who is coming off of CBS’ quickly-cancelled Partners, will portray Erin Lindsay, a member of the CPD investigative team who has an unexpected past.

Flueger, meanwhile, will play Kyle Ruzek, a hotheaded rookie plucked by Voight (Jason Beghe) from the Academy for dangerous, delicate undercover work for the Intelligence unit.

Fun fact: Bush and Flueger co-starred in NBC’s ill-fated Hatfields & McCoys pilot.

Chicago PD is slated to bow at midseason.

Comments (26)

• Woohoo! Here’s hoping it’s a hit, because I would love to have Sophia back on my tv screen weekly!

Comment by Alisa – August 23, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would too and I’m happy for her but I really hope this gets cancelled after one season because she deserves to be the star of her own series. She’s too good for an ensemble procedural.

Comment by dude – August 23, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope this one works out for Sophia!

Comment by Danica – August 23, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch it to see Sophia!

Comment by Carm – August 23, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was on the fence at first but now I HAVE to watch it. Go Sophia!

Comment by Adam – August 23, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well if it is on NBC, probably won’t last a whole season,

Comment by Phyllis Bergst – August 23, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah because Chicago Fire didn’t….oh wait.

Comment by dude – August 23, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been debating watch Chicago Fire for so long and even though I probably don’t need to, I am now.

Comment by B – August 23, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they both co-starred in that Hatfields & McCoy’s pilot with Jesse Lee Sofer as well!

Comment by mrwalker1 – August 23, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness! I was sort of thinking I would check out the show, but now I definitely am! I love Sophia Bush! I hope the show is a hit!

Comment by Fabe – August 23, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Casting Sophia Bush is a perfect choice. Let’s hope if her new role is going to bounce back after the huge disappointment of her last series Partners on CBS.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 23, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems like a very different role for Sophia! I hope this is her new big thing

Comment by Cherry – August 23, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • another reason to watch this series, I already had on my radar because I like Chicago Fire and the backdoor episode was great, and now with Sophia on board, I want to see now

Comment by Mariangela Pinto (@Flakapinto) – August 23, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll definitely watch since she’s on! Sophia Bush is awesome. Sadly, even she couldn’t save Partners. Oh, well. On to better things!

Comment by Jj – August 23, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Sophia will be back on tv next year.

Comment by Joey – August 23, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Sophia back on TV. Also pleased to see such unanimous talkback support for a very talented actress.

Comment by DarkseidNow – August 23, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m sorry, but this is only going to be CF’s 2nd season…..i honestly think, doing a spin-off of it already seems like rushing it…..and i really LIKE “chicago fire”.

Comment by Alisa Neely – August 23, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rats, I was hoping to watch her in her next project. No way will I be tuning in to this, not even for Sophia bush. Glad she has a new show though!

Comment by Kristina – August 23, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this! Chicago Fire is one of my favs, as is Sophia!

Comment by Michelle – August 23, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was planning on checking this out because I love Tania Raymonde and have been enjoying Chicago Fire (although I’m a bit behind, need to catch up before it comes back). But Sophia being involved cements it, I will try any show she’s on. Even Partners, which I could only stomach for one episode.

Comment by Lauren – August 24, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sophia Bush playing a crime-fighting cop in the Windy City? Definitely a must watch. Cannot wait!!!

Comment by Shane Vendrell – August 24, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to have more Sophia on my TV! Miss her since OTH finished.

Comment by Sara – August 25, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand how they expect us to accept Voight as a series lead in Chicago PD, when he was completely evil on Chicago Fire.

Comment by Mary Ann – August 25, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you watch the end of the season? He isn’t who we thought he was. Jerk? Probably but not really evil.

Comment by Steph – August 26, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love sophia bush, wish to see her in movies cos she s funny

Comment by Marylen – August 28, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It can be ideal the perfect time to develop ideas for your long run and it’s really time for it to feel very special. We’ve study this specific send and if I really could I wish to advocate you actually handful of exciting challenges or strategies. Maybe you may compose subsequent articles or blog posts with this content. I would like to get more information issues somewhere around the idea!

Comment by PSN Codes Générateur Free. – January 11, 2014 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post