Scoop: Sophia Bush Joins NBC's Chicago Fire Spin-Off; The 4400's Patrick Flueger Also Cast

blog_gty_175122857_Patrick-Flueger_Sophia_BushOne Tree Hill vet Sophia Bush has snagged a series regular role in NBC’s cop-focused Chicago Fire spin-off Chicago PD, TVLine has learned.

Additionally, Patrick Flueger (The 4400) is joining the offshoot as a regular.

RELATED | Chicago PD Drops Melissa Sagemiller, Adds Jesse Lee Sofer

Bush, who is coming off of CBS’ quickly-cancelled Partners, will portray Erin Lindsay, a member of the CPD investigative team who has an unexpected past.

Flueger, meanwhile, will play Kyle Ruzek, a hotheaded rookie plucked by Voight (Jason Beghe) from the Academy for dangerous, delicate undercover work for the Intelligence unit.

Fun fact: Bush and Flueger co-starred in NBC’s ill-fated Hatfields & McCoys pilot.

Chicago PD is slated to bow at midseason.

1. Alisa says:

Woohoo! Here’s hoping it’s a hit, because I would love to have Sophia back on my tv screen weekly!

• dude says:

I would too and I’m happy for her but I really hope this gets cancelled after one season because she deserves to be the star of her own series. She’s too good for an ensemble procedural.

2. Danica says:

Hope this one works out for Sophia!

3. Carm says:

I will watch it to see Sophia!

4. Adam says:

I was on the fence at first but now I HAVE to watch it. Go Sophia!

5. Phyllis Bergst says:

Well if it is on NBC, probably won’t last a whole season,

6. B says:

I’ve been debating watch Chicago Fire for so long and even though I probably don’t need to, I am now.

7. mrwalker1 says:

they both co-starred in that Hatfields & McCoy’s pilot with Jesse Lee Sofer as well!

8. Fabe says:

Thank goodness! I was sort of thinking I would check out the show, but now I definitely am! I love Sophia Bush! I hope the show is a hit!

9. Casting Sophia Bush is a perfect choice. Let’s hope if her new role is going to bounce back after the huge disappointment of her last series Partners on CBS.

10. Cherry says:

Seems like a very different role for Sophia! I hope this is her new big thing

11. another reason to watch this series, I already had on my radar because I like Chicago Fire and the backdoor episode was great, and now with Sophia on board, I want to see now

12. Jj says:

I’ll definitely watch since she’s on! Sophia Bush is awesome. Sadly, even she couldn’t save Partners. Oh, well. On to better things!

13. Joey says:

Happy Sophia will be back on tv next year.

14. DarkseidNow says:

Glad to see Sophia back on TV. Also pleased to see such unanimous talkback support for a very talented actress.

15. Alisa Neely says:

i’m sorry, but this is only going to be CF’s 2nd season…..i honestly think, doing a spin-off of it already seems like rushing it…..and i really LIKE “chicago fire”.

16. Kristina says:

Rats, I was hoping to watch her in her next project. No way will I be tuning in to this, not even for Sophia bush. Glad she has a new show though!

17. Michelle says:

I love this! Chicago Fire is one of my favs, as is Sophia!

18. Lauren says:

I was planning on checking this out because I love Tania Raymonde and have been enjoying Chicago Fire (although I’m a bit behind, need to catch up before it comes back). But Sophia being involved cements it, I will try any show she’s on. Even Partners, which I could only stomach for one episode.

19. Shane Vendrell says:

Sophia Bush playing a crime-fighting cop in the Windy City? Definitely a must watch. Cannot wait!!!

20. Sara says:

Can’t wait to have more Sophia on my TV! Miss her since OTH finished.

21. Mary Ann says:

I don’t understand how they expect us to accept Voight as a series lead in Chicago PD, when he was completely evil on Chicago Fire.

22. Marylen says:

I really love sophia bush, wish to see her in movies cos she s funny

23. It can be ideal the perfect time to develop ideas for your long run and it’s really time for it to feel very special. We’ve study this specific send and if I really could I wish to advocate you actually handful of exciting challenges or strategies. Maybe you may compose subsequent articles or blog posts with this content. I would like to get more information issues somewhere around the idea!