Was Suits Kiss Sweet Torture? Did The Bridge Outblast Gus Fring? Soapy Affairs? And More Qs!

Under the DomeWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Under the Dome, Suits, The Bridge and Graceland!

1 | True Blood fans, what was more mind-numbingly boring — Terry’s funeral (yep, we’re still not over that) or the finale’s seemingly endless town hall meeting?

| Has The Newsroom completely forgotten about Will’s death threat from Season 1? Speaking of which, where’s Lonny?

3 | Why do TV shows — most recently, Breaking Bad — ask us to believe that one person could dig a sizable hole in the ground by themselves, in any reasonable amount of time? (After excavating a 72 cubic foot hole in rocky clay soil, it’s no wonder cancer patient Walt passed out!) And based on the fact that no one even approached to take a drink order, does the diner where Hank met Skyler have the worst service ever? BreakingBad_Bridge_MustachesLastly, who has the most boss mustache: DEA agent Harry Lipenstein or The Bridge‘s Detective Cooper?

RELATED | Community Season 5 Casts Breaking Bad‘s Jonathan Banks

4 | If you find yourself trapped Under the Dome by some super-weird supernatural event, do you really just move ahead with your plan to peddle designer drugs? (If so, to what end? There’s no economy in a closed-off community.) Speaking of Natalie Zea’s character, how weak was her account of her whereabouts for the past eight days? And how many pencil skirts did she pack with her for this day trip? (Spoiler alert: There are even more next week! See the photo above.)

WWE Raw5 | What was one of Fringe‘s Observers doing holding a Lost sign in the crowd on WWE Raw?

6 | Mistresses‘ Karen: Too dumb to survive into any possible Season 2, or too fantastically train-wrecky not to?

RELATED | Mistresses’ Final Episodes Move to Earlier Time Slot

7 | Given that Siberia‘s Miljan isn’t exactly coming across as a reliable character witness — attempting to euthanize injured Irene pretty much took care of that — why exactly did Esther cave so quickly to his blackmail demands and free him to menace the camp again?

8 | How is it that the So You Think You Can Dance judges were extra tough on Aaron’s Jive this week without mentioning he was suffering from a torn labrum — a fact that his All-Star partner Chelsie Hightower tweeted about right after the show? And in all seriousness, will you boycott the finale if Fik-Shun advances at Aaron’s expense? Finally, as much as we love Cat Deeley, does anyone feel like she needs to take a step back from offering her own critique — or worse, Nigel Lythgoe’s pre-approved critique — before the judges have a chance to speak?

Suits9 | Was Covert Affairs‘ big reveal — that Auggie’s secret wife is also secretly alive — just this side of predictable for anyone who’s watched a soap opera or two?

10 | How much did you scream when Suits closed the door just as Harvey and Donna were about to kiss? Was that smart or just plain cruel? And which flashback reveal reaped the biggest “awww”? Perhaps, that Harvey secretly paid Donna’s salary?

11 | Who has longer eyelashes: A Disney princess or Breaking Pointe‘s Beckanne, particularly in this week’s scene where she learns she’s getting promoted?

RELATED | Spoilers for Bones, Once, Grey’s, Castle, OITNB, Revolution, New Girl and More!

12 | What’s your best theory about why Duck Dynasty‘s Martin had all that mustard in his refrigerator?

13 | With all the A-Rod headlines these days, didn’t Necessary Roughness‘ finale seem especially timely? And did game-saver TK steal his showboating move from Rod Tidwell?

14 | Did The Bridge‘s Deputy Stokes (R.I.P.) out-Gus Fring Gus Fring? Also, is anyone else using closed-captioning to understand Linder sometimes?

15 | Seriously, who does Randy Jackson have pictures of…?

16 | Now that we know him as Raising Hope‘s goofy Burt, was it jarring to see Garret Dillahunt go all psycho again on Burn Notice? And as intense as this season has been, haven’t we had enough of Fi being relegated to being Ma’s “babysitter”?

17 | Is Graceland‘s Charlie playing that “federale”? There’s no way she’s that gullible, right? And what is with the show’s erratic scheduling? Another week off?!

18 | Rookie Blue fans, wasn’t it a bummer that real-life brothers Gregory and Douglas Smith didn’t share any scenes? And who knew Doug was so funny?

19 | Did Hollywood Game Night‘s “Celebrity Fusion” game give you nightmares? And of this week’s celeb guests, was Angela Kinsey a bit disappointing with her level of pop culture savvy? (That said, her “Nine seasons, four” taunt to Officemate Ellie Kemper was quite LOL.)

20 | Dear Project Runway judges: How was Miranda’s leaf-inspired dress not in the top three? And does the blank stare on Alexander’s model freak anybody else out? Do we need to check her for signs of life?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. maryploppins says:

“9 | Was Covert Affairs‘ big reveal — that Auggie’s secret wife is also secretly alive — just this side of predictable for anyone who’s watched a soap opera or two?”

YES especially since Bionic Woman has been lurking in the background the entire season with nothing to do. It also gives me terrible flashbacks to Alias season 3. One of Covert’s strongpoints for me has always been its LACK of soapiness, so … I’m very apprehensive about where they’re gonna take this storyline. Fingers crossed it doesn’t fully veer into SoapTown.

• Lisa London says:

Am I the only one really bored this season? I liked the old CA, where the tone was slightly lighter and the pace was faster. Now it’s sluggish, unnecessarily dark and even more unbelievable than before (I mean, Arthur’s hidden son… please). They even got rid of the fun credits to try to “serious” up the show. CA is not Homeland or 24 and it shouldn’t try to be. Not even sure I will finish this season…

• maryploppins says:

Sorry I can’t get with ya on that one; I’m the exact opposite when it comes to this show. I didn’t even watch it in seasons 1 and 2 because it was TOO light and episodic. Season 3 was what sucked me in, because they changed to a serialized storytelling format and the show suddenly felt much more mature starting in the S3 premiere. The quality jumped up several notches. I’ve liked season 4 so far too, but I’m just feeling very apprehensive about the Helen storyline. If it starts to get too soapy, I will be super disappointed. We’ll see where it goes.

In terms of tone, I do kinda miss the whistle and the first couple beats of the opening credits, but if I have to trade that off for the darker tone, I’m o.k. with that. The darker the better, IMO.

• Aly says:

Totally agree with you, Lisa. They are trying too hard to be more serious and it’s not working.

2. M says:

With regards to 17 (Graceland), I’m beginning to think that the federale is in fact Jangles and he’s using Charlie to find Oden Rossi so he can kill him.

• Liz says:

This was established when Charlie first met him in the diner (in the episode where he stabs Mike) because he has a gunshot wound on his shoulder where he was shot before escaping.

3. Mandy says:

Under the Dome. Seriously, right?!? Who are they going to sell drugs to? Money doesn’t mean anything! What is the point, besides filling an enclosed space with people Hooke in drugs? The fastest way to die – trapped in a dome with a bunch of junkies when the supply runs out.
    This makes no sense.
    Plus it has seriously only been 8 days? Everyone is freaking out mighty quick.

4. Mandy says:

Oh suits. How you slay me! All the Mike stuff was boring and predictable. I feel like we knew that or assumed it. Didn’t need it explained. Though it was nice to see Mike’s sweet grandma again.
    Donna and Harvey! Whoa. This makes me more convinced that they will run off into the sunset together someday.

5. 9. I wasn’t even surprised that she was alive because otherwise, why was she even mentioned?
    17. As far as being off this coming week, its because its right before labor day weekend and TedonTV said that they historically get bad ratings that night. I don’t know their reason for being off a few weeks ago

• Anne says:

What’s 9 and what’s 17? No one wants to scroll back up to see what you’re talking about. Why don’t you just mention the shows?

6. Liza180 says:

I’m very bored with this season’s Burn Notice. The magic of this show is having them all together and they’ve been so disconnected. I’m tired of it and can’t wait for the finale. Also, I LOVE alona Tal, but her fake Russian accent is grating on me now. I miss the days of BN when Mike and co were doing daily jobs and it was sometimes funny.
    Loved the Suits ep. So fun to see the past and how Mike got into Harvard (although that is very convenient). Seeing Harvey and Donna dance and a happier, less slick, Harvey was fun. Great ep!

• Kella says:

I second your Burn Notice opinion! I just said last night that I am almost glad it is ending because it is nothing like it used to be and is boring. There aren’t that many episodes left, can we please move off this storyline and everyone back to “normal” before it ends?

7. Liza180 says:

And yes, I’m finding I NEED to turn on my close captioning lately because ALL the shows mumble.
    I’m really into The Bridge. Its so good and interesting. I feel the best scene ever should have been mentioned here where Ray had to “service” Graciela in order to make a deal. It was so unexpected and funny. This show, although very dark, has its moments. But I’m really enjoying it and maybe can now forgive FX for canceling Terriers too soon.

• JM says:

ITA about the Graciela scene. Loved the shoes! I wonder if the dead husband had the same “arrangement” with her. The whole show was great!

8. sladewilson says:

1. The town hall meeting. At least the funeral had Big John and Lafayette for entertainment.
    4. Yeah, her excuse was mega weak. There better be more to all that…
    5. AWESOME!!!!
    6. Karen has to stay. She brings the messy to this summer show in abundance!!!
    9. I saw it and I’m putting it out there that Auggie had NO CLUE but oh boy, there’s gonna be a coming to Jesus meeting next episode!!!!
    10. Smart – they can’t actually show that until the series finale. My biggest question is when did Harvey stop paying Donna’s salary? Because if he still is, then there’s no way that Jessica could’ve fired her. Harvey would’ve set it up where he either put his job on the line or they suspended her.
    13. What happened with the FBI agent stopping Dani and Nico at the airport? Did they cut the scene they were hyping for a week? WTF?
    14. I don’t know if CC will help Linder (LOL)… Why do I think Marco is about to be set up in a big way?
    17. I think Charlie is somewhat gullible. Ain’t homeboy Jangles or working for him? I was thinking that Briggs’ old handler was Jangles but this got me confused (which I think is their point… LOL). Why do I still hold out hope for Mike and Paige to hook up?
    18.Rookie Blue – didn’t we already know that? And how OBVIOUS is it that Peck and Holly are gonna hook up while Traci and Steve hook up? I acutally would like to see them throw a curveball and have Gail and Holly remain besties and include Traci in the mix… That would be cool….

• Katherine215 says:

In response to 10, he probably stopped paying it when he was allowed to have a secretary (maybe when he made partner?) or when the firm understood her value. I read an interview with the showrunner somewhere where he said Harvey’s not paying it anymore.

• Shunda1177 says:

That’s what I was thinking!!! I was sitting on the edge of my seat because I wanted to know what the FBI guy was going to charge her with and then…NOTHING!!! Although, I have to admit, I did love that last exchange between Dani and Nico. It’s obvious that he’s rich because he told her it was his plane. I CAN’T WAIT to hear the whole story.

• Amanda says:

Glad I’m not the only one confused about the FBI agent scene at the end of Necessary Roughness. It definitely should have happened at the plane. I asked Scott Cohen and Callie Thorne about it on Twitter, but have not received a reply. I wish renewal would be announced already, but if not, at least I got my Dani/Nico.

• Kat says:

Personally, I think THAT’S the reason they cut it out. Because the ratings suck (I have to say how it is), they know it and they didn’t want to leave the fans with a cliffhanger ending, because I’m sure THAT would have been the ending. Those last like 10 Seconds would have been what we would have got to see and EVERYONE would have been pissed if they cancelled it with a Cliffhanger like that. Better safe than sorry, right? And in the very unlikely case the show DOES get renewed, they can still go with that storyline and start the new season with it…

9. Dan says:

You know, they never actually showed Esther freeing Miljan. It’s implied, but never shown.

10. Drewer says:

#18 I had no idea they were brothers.
    #20 Yes her dress was amazing, and also the model that has been freaking me out a bit this time was Brandon’s model, who has been with a couple different people this season, she just eternally has a flat affect.

11. Bobbi says:

#6. Karen is the only character on this show that doesn’t fit for me. She’s an idiot and is supposed to be playing an intelligent, educated woman. The discrepancy in this character is just too huge to be taken seriously. Kill her off!

#20 – Miranda’s dress was simply an elongated pencil skirt that she’s been making all season with a few fabric flowers sewn on to it and attached to an ugly top. Did you see the details on that thing? Why would anyone want to wear a top that makes a triangle out of their boobs and belly button?

12. GeoDiva says:

6. She needs to stick around, because her cluelessness is too funny!
    13. Any word yet on Necessary Roughness renewal? If not, it did seem to wrap up storylines. I like Dani & Nico together.
    20. Can not believe Alexandria won the challenge. Miranda finally made something that was not a pencil skirt and got no credit for it. Big tears for Justin’s save too.

• iammusic says:

Oh my gosh, I was crying when Justin got cut, and cried harder when Tim used his save. THANK YOU Tim!!!

• Lyria says:

Alexandria’s look was so not deserving of the win this week. The judges were just wrong about everything. I wept like a tiny girl-child when Tim saved Justin. I love how the other contestants thanked him for it too.

13. Britta Unfiltered says:

3. You obviously didn’t get the subtext of Walt digging a hole in that short of an amount of time and probably don’t have an English degree….JUST KIDDING!! My new hobby is to make fun of douchebag Breaking Bad fans like the girl who commented last week all mad that you didn’t see her imagined subtext underneath Badger’s Star Trek story and blamed the whole thing on our crappy American education system. She was a total douchebag. I gotta make fun of people like that now because they are completely ruining the show for me with their elitism and snobbery, and their belief that they are the smartest people alive and nobody understands what’s happening on Breaking Bad but them.
    16. He’ll always be Jack McCall/serial killer Francis Wolcott from Deadwood to me. Which makes his appearance on Burn Notice pretty tame in my eyes. Also, I’ve found the current season to be a little boring. I definitely preferred the earlier seasons. I’m very ready for the show to end. Though I do worry what will become of Bruce Campbell.

• Whatever says:

I have to agree with you about the “Douchebag Beaking Bad Fans”
      The Badger Subtext rant was off the rails.

14. Daven says:

9 – knew it was going to happen as soon as he told Annie about her.
    16 – the man is an amazing actor. Psycho or normal, drama or comedy, Garret can do everything well.

15. Jules says:

18.Rookie Blue: thank you, now I remember his name. and yeah, knowing that, total bummer.
    But I totally love the Traci and Steve relationship, hope it develops into something real by the finale.
    1. True Blood: Can’t decide, both horribly long and drawn out.
    4. Under the dome: Seriously, not convincing with the back-story there!!

16. Andromeda says:

14. No, but I don’t know that I understood him any better with his native accent on Top of the Lake.

17. dude says:

1. I don’t understand this Terry’s funeral hate. It wasn’t my favourite moment of the episode but it was a nice send-off and had a great payoff so why are you guys still so butthurt about it? Also, I didn’t find that meeting at the end went that long.

18. Alichat says:

4) Honestly that was the dumbest plot twist to me. First, that she’s been hanging out in this little town for 8 days, and no one has noticed her? I just don’t buy that. She’s going to peddle drugs in a small community where money is irrelevant now. And Barbie’s her collector and at no point in her business dealings with Big Jim, he wasn’t present or mentioned? And honestly, why didn’t Big Jim and Barbie just overpower her and lock her in the bomb shelter and be done with her? It would benefit both of them to get rid of her.

9) I thought the reveal was weak. I can’t see Auggie keeping that from her, especially after we’ve had three or four episodes of him arguing that he should be able to tell her everything. And even if we discover that Auggie has no idea Helen is alive, it’s still a silly soap opera twist. I would really like to see an episode where they get a step up on Henry Wilcox. Having him win or have the upper hand in every episode is ridiculously boring. And the exchange between Joan and Calder (who, I just hope dies. I could care less about that character) was disappointing. When Calder said “you said Annie had a great relationship with the FBI, but that Fed Rossabi said she was a pain in his a**,” I was hoping Joan would shoot back with “My exact words were that Annie has a long and effective working relationship with the FBI. Just because Agent Rossabi finds Annie to be a pain in the a** doesn’t mean their working relationship hasn’t been effective. Now leave.” THAT I would have enjoyed. I was actually hoping that they’d pull Rossabi in on their internal investigation of Wilcox and the mole (even though I found his constant digs and whining to be unprofessional.)

10) I was hoping they’d never hook the two of them up…..or if they did, it was an end game. When he showed up at her door, I was disappointed.

17) I hope she’s playing him, and I’m hoping that she suspects Briggs, even though she didn’t want to say a name when Jangles asked for one.

• JBC says:

Yes, Alichat I agree about #17 Graceland. I think she is playing the Federale because she didn’t mention an agents name. She is a good agent. The storyline and characters are developing nicely on this show. I really like it.

19. Ed says:

12) Because the script called for it to be there.

20. dan says:

4) Under the Dome:The explanation of where Max has been for the last eight days was lazy. The writers/producers had to have known they were introducing that character at least a few episodes in advance. All they had to do was show a few shots of somebody lurking in the background during the various crowd scenes (ie: when the house was on fire, when they were preparing for the missle, when the rain started, during the run for food at the store). They didn’t need to show a face, but they could’ve established by camera angles at least a few times that an unknown person was lurking. And speaking of the missle episode: did Max just stay in the house she was squatting in or did she seek shelter? If they keep killing off characters then they’re going to have to constantly introduce new characters that are already in the dome. They need to come up with a better way to do that.

21. Matthew says:

Soon he will know

22. HAP says:

Regarding Garret Dillahunt’s appearance on Burn Notice, fact is that he played that character in two episode of BN back in 2010. He’s a versatile actor, who often plays heavies. He played the sheriff in Winter’s Bone, was in No Country For Old Men. Coming soon, he has a sizable role in the star-studded movie 12 Years A Slave. His comedic role on Raising Hope is almost against type for him.

23. DavidSask says:

Why does Sonny on General Hospital keep getting into elevators if he is claustrophobic and such? Yes they did another scene where he trapped in one.

• jenferner8 says:

I really had to laugh at your remark. I’ve never really watched the show but I was channel surfing recently and that was the exact scene that was playing when I turned it on!

24. Kim R says:

10. Suits is one of the smartest shows on TV. They always do it right. Even if it hurts. :)
    12. He’s a bachelor, he probably eats out a lot, mustard packets are free, he likes mustard.
    17. I hope she’s playing him. Surely she’s playing him! Right?
    18. Rookie Blue…so good every week. I’m going to hate it to be over for the season. :(
    19. Yeah… George Pitt??? Um…..okay. But the seasons vs. seasons was funny.

25. Alex says:

OH MY SUITS! Harvey and Donna played with my emotions! I screamed out loud when they closed the door! And even though i wanted to see them kiss, it was kinda cool they didn’t show it. It’s makes their relationship even more special. I really hope they’ll end up together; their chemistry is mind-blowing!

26. Bruce says:

As as Walt strarted digging that hole, I said to my wife, Really? Show me one person with cancer and undergoing chemotherapy can dig a hole like that?

27. Cate Amos says:

#4 – Not only has Max managed to find a vacant house in Chester’s Mill and lay low for eight days, but the previous occupant of said house is coincidentally the exact same size and has the same fashion sense. Either that, or she is related to the Thurston Howells who apparently packed their entire wardrobe for a three-hour tour on the Minnow.

28. Jacqueline says:

Project Runway: I did not like the winning outfit. I loved the calligraphy gown.
    I am glad Tim Gunn saved Justin.
    Yes, the model looks like really blank. It kind of freaks me out.

29. Kathleen says:

Yeah…#3, I live in the desert and we need a backhoe to plant a tree and people often need blasting permits to dig a pool – no way Walt digs with a pickaxe what funeral homes need an excavator to do!

30. Jamie says:

13. Just the best ever, I love necessary roughness and I’m praying it gets renewed. The ratings were better tha season 2 and season 3 was spectacular. Dani and nico were phenomenal. And the timing if the a-rod like storyline was just so well done. I really hope USA does the smart move and renews it.

31. Plum says:

Hm, trying to figure out if the funeral or town meeting was the most boring thing on True Blood is a puzzler. Let’s set up a six hour meeting in the main conference room to discuss it over PowerPoint slides, tap water and cucumber sandwiches.

32. Tom Charles says:

2 | Has The Newsroom completely forgotten about Will’s death threat from Season 1? Speaking of which, where’s Lonny?
    ~
    THIS IS WHAT I’VE BEEN SAYING!
    ~
    ~
    Two words: Francis Wolcott;

33. #4: Ha! and 10 ouf of 10. #19: Ooooh, yeah. Loved the “4 seasons vs 9″!

34. chris says:

Will Graciela’s shoes find their way into a Cougar Town episode? Go Bobby!

35. Britney says:

Newsroom: Lonny probably went to go live with Mandy in Sorkinland.