Scoop: Alexis Denisof Joins Grimm, Reunites with Former Angel Boss David Greenwalt

grimm alexis denisofGrimm cocreator David Greenwalt has recruited his former Angel charge Alexis Denisof to join the NBC thriller’s Season 3 cast for an arc, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Details on Grimm‘s ‘Dangerous’ Nick, Smitten Hank and Spooked Wu

Denisof will play Viktor Albert Wilhelm George Beckendorf (say that three times fast), the cunning first cousin to James Frain’s Renard.

Additionally, Graceland‘s Manny Montana is set to guest star in the role of David Florez, an ex-marine hothead returning from Afghanistan with PTSD.

Grimm‘s third season launches Oct. 25.

1. mac says:

I think I speak for everyone that knows how good Alexis is: FINALLY

2. Roger says:

He was simply outstanding as Wesley on Angel so this should be a good run.

3. Daven C says:

I want him on EVERY show!!!!

4. MelindaB says:

I can’t wait! Alexis is so good in every show he’s appeared in.

5. Alichat says:

So, does this mean the next gig he gets with David Greenwalt, they’ll add two more names to his moniker? First Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, now Viktor Albert Wilhelm George Beckendorf. He’ll have to start printing the resume in landscape.

6. BTM says:

In case any of you missed it, he and Amy Acker were superb in Joss Whedon’s version of Much Ado About Nothing. Should be available on DVD or streaming soon.

• Amelia says:

Early October, I believe. They were phenomenal! And for an Angel fan, how awesome was it to see Wes and Fred get a happy ending?

7. TVFan says:

Love him as smarmy Sandy Rivers on How I Met Your Mother.

8. JC says:

Awesome. :). I caught up with Grimm over the summer thanks to Amazon Prime, so I’m looking forward to this next season.

• AshleyRae says:

I found his character on buffy the vamp. slayer a bit ANNOYING but he’s a good choice to join in S3 i really like this show and can’t wait to see it!

• murley says:

Did you ever watch angel? The character had an amazing development from the annoying guy in Buffy over the course of that show.

• Znachki says:

Ashley – You really need to watch him on Angel. Probably the best character arc in the Whedonverse. Wesley’s change over the seasons of the show is amazing.

9. murley says:

And now I am even more excited about Grimm returning. I hope it’s a long arc. Like every episode for the rest of the show.

10. Mel says:

Grimm is my favorite show of all the broadcast networks, and I am really looking forward to season 3. I am glad and sad at the same time that we have to wait till the end of October, but that just means we get to keep it longer into 2014. And “you’re welcome” Silas Weir Mitchell. I am a faithful follower of where ever you guys hang your hats.

11. Joey says:

Wow, they must really want me to watch Grimm if they’re adding Alexis.

12. Bobby says:

Perfect! Can’t wait to see him on my TV again and on one of my favorite shows.

13. SLS says:

yes! i hope i get a glimpse of him somewhere in Portland while they’re filming!

14. Kristina says:

Love it!

15. lizz says:

Omg I’m sooooo excited!!!

16. SL says:

I just found the show and love it. Thank God for Amazon prime so I am catch up all all episodes and love each one. It is funny seeing Silas on the show and playing a good guy since every time I see him I remember him as Haywire from Prison Break. David is very good looking. I love to see Alexis is coming to town. I wonder if he will be a good or bad dude. i like him playing the good guy, but he can do both pretty well.=)
    I was wondering if David’s mom will be returning and we see more of what she has been up to the last almost 20 years. Obviously she was evil all along, or turned evil over the course 18 years, or got captured turned evil, or she is not Nick’s mom because she did not give very much past detail except maybe one snippet to confirm her identity. Why would Aunt’s Marie’s death trigger Nick’s abilities if Nick’s mom was not dead? I have a lot of questions.. Then she comes back when Nick has the coins is weird and takes them and seems to have succumb to some sort of darkness. What will she do with the coins? Is she working for a royal family? I have lots of questions/theories. I am enjoying the show very much and now that Supernatural is no longer on Fridays i have no problems watching it when it airs regularly. Looking forward to season 3.

17. Kristina says: