Exclusive: Office Alum Heads to Mike & Molly

Mike and Molly Premiere Brian BaumgartnerBrian Baumgartner is moving from The Office to a school, with a role on Mike & Molly.

TVLine has learned that the affable actor will guest-star on the CBS sitcom’s Season 4 premiere, playing a fast-talking teachers union rep who steps in when Molly gets embroiled in a bit of a to-do.

RELATED | CBS Fall Schedule: Thursday Comedy Block Expands, POI and H50 on the Move, Mike & Molly Held to Midseason

In addition to his run as loveable Office oaf Kevin Malone, Baumgartner’s recent TV credits include guest spots on Wilfred and Hot in Cleveland.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

With the new CBS comedy Mom set to claim the Mondays-at-9:30 time slot this fall, Mike & Molly is currently set to return at midseason.

Comments (21)

• Go Kevin! I loved all the characters on The Office (I will miss them!) and it’s nice to hear where and when we can see their portrayers again. I think he will fit in quite nicely there.

Comment by april-ann – August 22, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stupid Move On CBS’s Part Benching Mike and Molly Til Midseason. Can You Say Rules of Engagement?

Comment by Paul – August 22, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE HIM
    XCELLENT !!!!!

Comment by clydee – August 23, 2013 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! I love everyone from The Office and Brian’s character was my favorite! Im thrilled to see what he does!!

Comment by JD Ribera – August 23, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say, Mike and Molly fell apart last season. Def NOT as good as it was before. The Mike & Molly characters can’t hold up the show on their own. Carlton’s grandma, Mike’s mom and Molly’s family are funnier than M & M. They moved in together too fast, married too fast.. it’s just blah now. :(

Comment by Lisa – September 4, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mike and Molly and Big Bang Theory are the best comedies on TV, so much better than Broke Girls, and even Modern Family, which I used to love. It’s great that the entire ensemble is equally talented and funny, and that everyone gets his/her share of clever lines.

Comment by k. Sumera – September 23, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree they moved too fast with it and throwing all the turmoil of having a baby in it turned it into a drama and not a comedy…it’s Mike & Molly, so let’s focus on that and leave kids out of it.

Comment by Staci – October 17, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The whole problem is Molly not working and you can tell she wants to be front runner and she is not funny much to me.

Comment by Becky sand – January 27, 2014 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We loved Mike&Molly-bad mistake moving this show to Midseason!

Comment by Elaine – September 16, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We like Mike and Molly and are very sad that we have to wait to Midseason and would like to see it come on early in the season and they are very funny they are some show you have on that are not good and we do not watch them. Thank you for your time.

Comment by Rosa Hauck – September 21, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes we like Mike and Molly and look forward to seeing them. No, I don’t want to wait until Midseason. Can you guys not speed this up????????

Comment by Vanessa – September 23, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible disappointed as was looking forward to the season premiere starting in Sept. Hopefully we will not have to wait until January to see Mike and Molly and entire cast back on the screen. Love the show and the interaction of the characters. Much better than many of the comedy series presently showing.

Comment by Sandy – September 24, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Mike and Molly! :-) I have been waiting for the series premiere. Please try to get the show on soon! In this busy world, it is so nice to enjoy a show which makes you laugh and smile at the end of the day. This show is very entertaining and the writers and cast are so talented.

Comment by Tamara Stevens – September 25, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not happy with the new show taking place of Mike and Molly, Moms is not that entertaining!!!

Comment by Roberta Macfarlane – September 27, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not like the new show MOM. Bring back Mike and Molly right away!

Comment by dawn – September 27, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree holding Mike and Molly until midseason (2014) is a big mistake. It’s a great show…one of the best comedies on tv. By midseason, viewers have settled in to watching other shows and are unlikely to change their tv routine. I don’t understand television executives!

Comment by Jennifer70 – September 29, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new shows on CBS are a huge disappointment. Nothing funny about Mom, We Are Men and Two Broke Girls has gotten so vulgar it’s no longer funny or entertaining. I am doing a lot of reading while I wait for Mile & Molly. Why would you pull a winner and put 2 losers in it’s place?

Comment by Nancy – September 30, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree w/Nancy. I can’t see how some of these new shows will last until midseason.

Comment by Diane – October 2, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t ruin a good shows cha

nces by making everyone wait too long to see it again. Put Mike and Molly back on now.

Comment by Helen Evans – October 5, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree Mike and Molly is funny where as two Broke Girls is just that, broke. I’m warming up a little too mom but still not nearly as funny as Mike and Molly.

Comment by Doyle – April 7, 2014 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post