Emmys

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series? Take Our Poll!

Get More: Awards, Emmys, Polls

Emmy-Supporting-Actress-ComedyThe Janes are back in the 2013 Emmy race for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series!

Yes indeed, after being left out of contention in 2012, Glee‘s Jane Lynch (a winner in 2010 and a nominee in 2011) and 30 Rock‘s Jane Krakowski (nominated 2009-2011) get another shot at the statuette.

RELATED | Emmys 2013: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series? Take Our Poll!

In order to earn it, though, they’ll have to get past Modern Family‘s Julie Bowen, who’s going for her third consecutive win, as well as her costar Sofia Vergara (nominated for the fourth straight year), and two other veterans of the category — Nurse Jackie‘s Merritt Wever (up for the second time) and The Big Bang Theory‘s Mayim Bialik (who also scored her first nod last year).

RELATED | Emmys 2013: Who Should Win Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series? Take Our Poll!

Which means there’s only newcomer to the very crowded, seven-person party: Veep‘s Anna Chlumsky.

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actors when the Emmys are handed out? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite — TVLine voting closes Sept. 15, so act now! — then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every day for the next month, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor. And to stay up to speed on all our Emmy polls, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (65)

• It’s going to be tough if Julie Bowen wins again. On the other hand, I’m a bit disappointed that Kate McKinnon and/or Cecily Strong got snubbed for their breakout performances on SNL.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 22, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With Kate Mckinnon in the race, i guess this competition could have gotten even more tough! She is amazing!

Comment by trainwreck – August 22, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man! I think this is the TOUGHEST competition among all the categories! They all are pretty awesome in their own brands of comedy!

This year i was more impressed by VEEP than any other comedy so Anna Chlumsky, you go gal! :D

Comment by trainwreck – August 22, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Everyone on that show is hilarious.

Comment by The Beach – August 22, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Julie Bowen, I would definitely not be pissed if she won, but I would love to see Mayim take it home this year.

Comment by stella – August 22, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Krakowski FTW!!
    Jenna Maroney: I’m prepared to slip a nipple if you think it will help.

Comment by Huba Buba – August 22, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone except Mayim Bialik.

Comment by JCK – August 22, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will be really sad if Jane Krakowski never gets the award for her hilarious and fantastic portrayal of Jenna Maroney these past 7 years. I hope she gets it, but I have a feeling she’ll go home empty-handed yet again.

Comment by Dave – August 22, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jenna Maroney definitely needs to win this award! It’s her last chance for a well-deserved win!

Comment by Ann – August 22, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aubrey Plaza, of course! Oh, wait, they didn’t nominate the funniest woman on television.

Comment by Jen – August 22, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is so much wrong with your comment.

Comment by tripoli – August 24, 2013 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone except Sofia Vergara is fine with me. I can’t stand her. She is not funny at all to me, and is so crude. I quit watching the show becasue of her. I even change the channel when her commercials come on.

Comment by Jane – August 22, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sofia Vergara remains very funny in a show that’s slowly turning into a bore, so she got my vote. They are all very good but Merritt Wever was better in her few episodes of New Girl, Julie Bowen already won twice and the Glee writers screwed Jane Lynch’s character. Aside from Sofia, Jane Krakowski and Mayim Bialik are very deserving too.

Comment by Choco – August 22, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoey Deschanel. Wait – not nominated. I guess Julie Bowen, then. I hate Big Bang Theory, never saw Veep, or Nurse Jackie. I’m not a big Glee fan, so . . . yeah – I guess Julie Bowen (definitely over Sofia V.)

Comment by MariMari – August 22, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops – - forgot about 30 Rock’s Jane K. – - As much as I love many of the parts-of-the-whole of 30 Rock, I’ve just never really liked the show that much. It would be nice for Jane K. to win, but, meh.

Comment by MariMari – August 22, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Zooey Deschanel wasn’t even up for this category. She was submitted for lead actress not supporting.

Comment by jj – August 22, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sheesh! What crap DO you watch? I mean, you’re missing out on some hilarious comedies.

Comment by WireDream – August 22, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Levy. Oh wait.. She’s not nominated.

Comment by Bass Drum – August 22, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, she is not nominated as best supporting actress, because she submitted in lead. Sheesh. Does anyone ever do their research before they start getting so angry about imagined snubs?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – August 22, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chill out , Girl.

Comment by Bass Drum – August 23, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many people missing from this category all three of he Happy Endings gals, but more specifically Eliza Coupe who was freaken hilarious in the final season. Out of this list it wasnt even most of the actresses strongest season, I can only think of Anna Chumsky having a stand out season so I am hoping she wins.

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – August 22, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Krakowski for the win. Seriously, the nominations should be taken as wins for most of these nominees, and another Modern Family win would be atrocious. Jane K has been solid for the entire run of 30 Rock – if Baldwin can clean up his category almost every time he’s nominated, surely a last-chance win for Jane is more than deserving.

Comment by Julz – August 22, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t find Jane Lynch funny AT ALL.

Comment by Bass Drum – August 22, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chlumsky duh.

Comment by Jack – August 22, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again, I’ll just take anybody who isn’t from Modern Family.

Comment by Superhero – August 22, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about a tie, Mayim AND Jane Krakowski?!! That would make my day!

Comment by Princess Adora – August 22, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Julie Bowen and i’m happy that she already had won twice in this category but Jane Krakowski deserves to win an Emmy, this is her last chance for 30 Rock. It’s hard to beat Julie Bowen, she’ funny as hell.

Comment by Daniel – August 22, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Aubrey Plaza was on this list

Comment by PirateQueenLola – August 22, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amy Farrah Fowler please!

Comment by TL – August 22, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be absolutely criminal if Jane Krakowski doesn’t finally win this for 30 Rock! She was absolutely brilliant as Jenna for so many years and this is her last chance to win for it! I’ll be so gutted if she doesn’t.

Comment by soldierdown – August 22, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve noticed with all these Emmy polls in the past week, every Big Bang nominee takes top prize. That’s pretty said, especially this particular category, as Mayim shouldn’t even be nominated. Jenna Fischer shoud have taken the spot for The Office.

Comment by Simon – August 22, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not sad (right?) at all. It’s people expressing opinions different than yours.

Comment by suzi – August 23, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Simon you’re crazy. Noone produces great laughs like Mayim Balik. Shows like Parks and Rec and Modern Family aren’t even funny, they’re pathetically unfunny and it’s torture watching them try so hard to be humorous and fail.

Comment by Rob Thompson – September 19, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh and I voted for Jane Kraowski.

Comment by Simon – August 22, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Lynch didn’t do anything worth a nomination for this past season of Glee. Also, why is their an extra nomination in this category?

Comment by A – August 22, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for Anna Chlumsky but my real pick is “Anyone but Sofia Vergara”

Comment by Tom Charles – August 22, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jenna’s Side should win.

Comment by Kalee – August 22, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crazy how every BBT nominee wins these polls. Guess these things really are a popularity contest.

Jane Krakowski deserves to win. It would be an absolute joke if she goes unrewarded.

Comment by Dee – August 22, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha. Laughing at all the Big Bang haters. The Big Bang Theory is the #1 TV comedy. Mayim is amazing. There is a reason why she is in the lead on this poll.

Comment by N – August 22, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The only reason Mayim is winning the poll is because BBT is the most popular show and has the most fans.

Comment by Gina – August 23, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angela Kinsey should have been nominated!! But I am so rooting for Jane.K!!! The way she performed “The Rural Juror” was amazing. She played it as if Jenna had no idea how stupid that song was and how absurd the lyrics were, I am pretty sure that Julie Bowen & Mayim Bialik don’t have that acting ability. JANE!! JANE!! JANE!!

I hate TBBT, but even I can acknowledge that Mayim is talented, but she will win one someday, but this is Jane’s FINAL year to win one for the role of Jenna Maroney. And if Julie Bowen wins again or EVEN WORSE Sofia Vergara, I am boycotting television for life.

Comment by Eddie – August 22, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as i think Jane Lynch stepped it up this year and had an amazing season long performance, specifically in ‘Shooting Star’, i think Mayim Bialik kind of earned it this year. I would probably root for Jane Krakowski, but i don’t watch 30 Rock, so i can’t really judge. If she got it, since the shows ending, i wouldn’t be gutted, but i won’t outwardly root for her.

Comment by Naomi – August 22, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Krakowski, she did great on the final season of 30 Rock.

Comment by Joey – August 22, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both not nominated, but in my opinion, both Jane Levy and Aubrey Plaza should have been. But, the fact is that both of these young women are going to have amazing careers ahead.

Comment by HAP – August 22, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you not read the title of the article? This is for Supporting Actress in a Comedy. Jane Levy was submitted in the lead category

Comment by Jess – August 23, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Krakowski all the way.

Who the hell are the people who vote for Big Bang in all these categories? How can anyone stand to watch that horrible, loud mess of a show?!

Comment by SJ – August 22, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Big Bang Theory is the highest rated comedy currently airing on television (and is immensely popular in other countries too), so how can you be surprised that the show and its stars are winning a popularity poll? Even if you don’t like the show, you should be able to understand basic logic.

Comment by jj – August 23, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because “everyone who watches television” must have such great taste? Ughh, I will gladly stick in the minority with an amazing show like Parks and Recreation.

Comment by JenF – August 23, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I didn’t say anything about taste. Regardless of what you think about Big Bang Theory, it is one of the highest rated shows, so it is not surprising that it wins popularity polls.

Comment by jj – August 23, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I get why it’s winning polls. It’s a popularity contest. I just don’t understand why people like the show. That’s what I meant by “I just don’t get it”. Just not my cup o’ tea, I guess.

Comment by JenF – August 23, 2013 11:32 AM PDT
    • because Big Bang Theory is funny from start to end, like a comedy should be. All the others try desperately to be funny but fail. I’ve watched Parks and Rec and Modern Family a few times and I’m still waiting for a good joke to be said.

Comment by Rob Thompson – September 19, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to live in a world where Merritt Wever wins all the awards.

Comment by Viv – August 22, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well along with Mayim Baylik, I’d say Melissa Rauch as Bernadette also deserves a nomination.

Comment by Snsetblaze – August 22, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mayim has hired a “stylist” because the last time she picked out her clothes, she got thumbs down from LA to Israel! LOL! Anyway, she’s been looking hot in photos lately due to her new stylist.

Comment by Apres Ski – August 22, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would really like for Sofia Vergara to finally win, she’s absolutely fantastic. That being said, it’s Jane’s last chance for 30 Rock…

Comment by Ella – August 22, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sofia Vergara can’t act, you can’t understand what she’s saying, and the show is so not funny. That equates to her deserving to win best supporting actress? Don’t people know what best is these days? How about plenty laughs which is what comedy is supposed to be about. Any of the girls on Big Bang Theory fit the bill of what comedy is – humorous. All else fail miserably.

Comment by Rob Thompson – September 19, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a hard category to get excited about for me. Not crazy about most of the nominees. I guess I vote for Merritt Wever though because she’s just too adorable on Nurse Jackie. I think I would have preferred seeing Jessica Walter, Zosia Mamet, Carrie Brownstein, Eden Sher, or Alia Shawkat nominated, but what are ya gonna do. Jessica Walter would have won if they had actually bothered watching Arrested Development before they started nominating people. I think we’re going to see a Julie Bowen three-peat now.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – August 22, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone voting in these polls seems to be obsessed with Big Bang Theory. I just do not get it.

Comment by JenF – August 23, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not just the people voting in these polls, also everyone who watches television. Like it or not, you’re in the minority.

Comment by jj – August 23, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to see Mayim win! She is amazing!

Comment by Andrea – August 23, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Chlumsky should win! Or Jane Krakowski.

Comment by Leonie Henckell (@LeonieJH) – August 25, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know it’s “in” to hate on Modern Family and Big Bang Theory right now, but it sounds like jealousy over their popularity. I too would like to see some of the underrated comedies get recognition. I think Courteney Cox should be nominated for Lead and Christa Miller for Supporting for their performances on Cougar Town. Eden Sher should be nominated for The Middle. But the Emmys just don’t reflect niche comedies, no matter how funny they are. I love Julie Bowen, so I’d like to see her win again. But if not her, I’d say Anna Chlumsky or Mayim (though I think her character was much better 2 seasons ago.)

Comment by Mikael – August 26, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Chlumsky or Jane Krakowski for the win! (Since Cougar Town’s Busy Philipps and Christa Miller go unnoticed, yet again)

Comment by Jaime – September 14, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post