Emmys

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series? Take Our Poll!

Emmy-Supporting-Actress-ComedyThe Janes are back in the 2013 Emmy race for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series!

Yes indeed, after being left out of contention in 2012, Glee‘s Jane Lynch (a winner in 2010 and a nominee in 2011) and 30 Rock‘s Jane Krakowski (nominated 2009-2011) get another shot at the statuette.

RELATED | Emmys 2013: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series? Take Our Poll!

In order to earn it, though, they’ll have to get past Modern Family‘s Julie Bowen, who’s going for her third consecutive win, as well as her costar Sofia Vergara (nominated for the fourth straight year), and two other veterans of the category — Nurse Jackie‘s Merritt Wever (up for the second time) and The Big Bang Theory‘s Mayim Bialik (who also scored her first nod last year).

RELATED | Emmys 2013: Who Should Win Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series? Take Our Poll!

Which means there’s only newcomer to the very crowded, seven-person party: Veep‘s Anna Chlumsky.

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actors when the Emmys are handed out? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite — TVLine voting closes Sept. 15, so act now! — then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every day for the next month, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor. And to stay up to speed on all our Emmy polls, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. It’s going to be tough if Julie Bowen wins again. On the other hand, I’m a bit disappointed that Kate McKinnon and/or Cecily Strong got snubbed for their breakout performances on SNL.

2. trainwreck says:

Man! I think this is the TOUGHEST competition among all the categories! They all are pretty awesome in their own brands of comedy!

This year i was more impressed by VEEP than any other comedy so Anna Chlumsky, you go gal! :D

3. stella says:

I LOVE Julie Bowen, I would definitely not be pissed if she won, but I would love to see Mayim take it home this year.

4. Huba Buba says:

Jane Krakowski FTW!!
    Jenna Maroney: I’m prepared to slip a nipple if you think it will help.

5. JCK says:

Anyone except Mayim Bialik.

6. Dave says:

It will be really sad if Jane Krakowski never gets the award for her hilarious and fantastic portrayal of Jenna Maroney these past 7 years. I hope she gets it, but I have a feeling she’ll go home empty-handed yet again.

7. Jen says:

Aubrey Plaza, of course! Oh, wait, they didn’t nominate the funniest woman on television.

8. Jane says:

Anyone except Sofia Vergara is fine with me. I can’t stand her. She is not funny at all to me, and is so crude. I quit watching the show becasue of her. I even change the channel when her commercials come on.

9. Choco says:

Sofia Vergara remains very funny in a show that’s slowly turning into a bore, so she got my vote. They are all very good but Merritt Wever was better in her few episodes of New Girl, Julie Bowen already won twice and the Glee writers screwed Jane Lynch’s character. Aside from Sofia, Jane Krakowski and Mayim Bialik are very deserving too.

10. MariMari says:

Zoey Deschanel. Wait – not nominated. I guess Julie Bowen, then. I hate Big Bang Theory, never saw Veep, or Nurse Jackie. I’m not a big Glee fan, so . . . yeah – I guess Julie Bowen (definitely over Sofia V.)

• MariMari says:

Oops – – forgot about 30 Rock’s Jane K. – – As much as I love many of the parts-of-the-whole of 30 Rock, I’ve just never really liked the show that much. It would be nice for Jane K. to win, but, meh.

• jj says:

Zooey Deschanel wasn’t even up for this category. She was submitted for lead actress not supporting.

• WireDream says:

Sheesh! What crap DO you watch? I mean, you’re missing out on some hilarious comedies.

11. Bass Drum says:

Jane Levy. Oh wait.. She’s not nominated.

12. So many people missing from this category all three of he Happy Endings gals, but more specifically Eliza Coupe who was freaken hilarious in the final season. Out of this list it wasnt even most of the actresses strongest season, I can only think of Anna Chumsky having a stand out season so I am hoping she wins.

13. Julz says:

Krakowski for the win. Seriously, the nominations should be taken as wins for most of these nominees, and another Modern Family win would be atrocious. Jane K has been solid for the entire run of 30 Rock – if Baldwin can clean up his category almost every time he’s nominated, surely a last-chance win for Jane is more than deserving.

14. Bass Drum says:

I don’t find Jane Lynch funny AT ALL.

15. Jack says:

Chlumsky duh.

16. Superhero says:

Again, I’ll just take anybody who isn’t from Modern Family.

17. Princess Adora says:

How about a tie, Mayim AND Jane Krakowski?!! That would make my day!

18. Daniel says:

I love Julie Bowen and i’m happy that she already had won twice in this category but Jane Krakowski deserves to win an Emmy, this is her last chance for 30 Rock. It’s hard to beat Julie Bowen, she’ funny as hell.

19. PirateQueenLola says:

I wish Aubrey Plaza was on this list

20. TL says:

Amy Farrah Fowler please!

21. soldierdown says:

It would be absolutely criminal if Jane Krakowski doesn’t finally win this for 30 Rock! She was absolutely brilliant as Jenna for so many years and this is her last chance to win for it! I’ll be so gutted if she doesn’t.

22. Simon says:

I’ve noticed with all these Emmy polls in the past week, every Big Bang nominee takes top prize. That’s pretty said, especially this particular category, as Mayim shouldn’t even be nominated. Jenna Fischer shoud have taken the spot for The Office.

• suzi says:

It’s not sad (right?) at all. It’s people expressing opinions different than yours.

• Rob Thompson says:

Simon you’re crazy. Noone produces great laughs like Mayim Balik. Shows like Parks and Rec and Modern Family aren’t even funny, they’re pathetically unfunny and it’s torture watching them try so hard to be humorous and fail.

23. Simon says:

Oh and I voted for Jane Kraowski.

24. A says:

Jane Lynch didn’t do anything worth a nomination for this past season of Glee. Also, why is their an extra nomination in this category?

25. Tom Charles says:

I voted for Anna Chlumsky but my real pick is “Anyone but Sofia Vergara”

26. Kalee says:

Jenna’s Side should win.

27. Dee says:

Crazy how every BBT nominee wins these polls. Guess these things really are a popularity contest.

Jane Krakowski deserves to win. It would be an absolute joke if she goes unrewarded.

• N says:

Hahaha. Laughing at all the Big Bang haters. The Big Bang Theory is the #1 TV comedy. Mayim is amazing. There is a reason why she is in the lead on this poll.

28. Eddie says:

Angela Kinsey should have been nominated!! But I am so rooting for Jane.K!!! The way she performed “The Rural Juror” was amazing. She played it as if Jenna had no idea how stupid that song was and how absurd the lyrics were, I am pretty sure that Julie Bowen & Mayim Bialik don’t have that acting ability. JANE!! JANE!! JANE!!

I hate TBBT, but even I can acknowledge that Mayim is talented, but she will win one someday, but this is Jane’s FINAL year to win one for the role of Jenna Maroney. And if Julie Bowen wins again or EVEN WORSE Sofia Vergara, I am boycotting television for life.

29. Naomi says:

As much as i think Jane Lynch stepped it up this year and had an amazing season long performance, specifically in ‘Shooting Star’, i think Mayim Bialik kind of earned it this year. I would probably root for Jane Krakowski, but i don’t watch 30 Rock, so i can’t really judge. If she got it, since the shows ending, i wouldn’t be gutted, but i won’t outwardly root for her.

30. Joey says:

Jane Krakowski, she did great on the final season of 30 Rock.

31. HAP says:

Both not nominated, but in my opinion, both Jane Levy and Aubrey Plaza should have been. But, the fact is that both of these young women are going to have amazing careers ahead.

• Jess says:

Did you not read the title of the article? This is for Supporting Actress in a Comedy. Jane Levy was submitted in the lead category

32. SJ says:

Jane Krakowski all the way.

Who the hell are the people who vote for Big Bang in all these categories? How can anyone stand to watch that horrible, loud mess of a show?!

• jj says:

Big Bang Theory is the highest rated comedy currently airing on television (and is immensely popular in other countries too), so how can you be surprised that the show and its stars are winning a popularity poll? Even if you don’t like the show, you should be able to understand basic logic.

• JenF says:

Because “everyone who watches television” must have such great taste? Ughh, I will gladly stick in the minority with an amazing show like Parks and Recreation.

• jj says:

I didn’t say anything about taste. Regardless of what you think about Big Bang Theory, it is one of the highest rated shows, so it is not surprising that it wins popularity polls.

• JenF says:

I get why it’s winning polls. It’s a popularity contest. I just don’t understand why people like the show. That’s what I meant by “I just don’t get it”. Just not my cup o’ tea, I guess.

• Rob Thompson says:

because Big Bang Theory is funny from start to end, like a comedy should be. All the others try desperately to be funny but fail. I’ve watched Parks and Rec and Modern Family a few times and I’m still waiting for a good joke to be said.

33. Viv says:

I’d like to live in a world where Merritt Wever wins all the awards.

34. Snsetblaze says:

Well along with Mayim Baylik, I’d say Melissa Rauch as Bernadette also deserves a nomination.

35. Apres Ski says:

Mayim has hired a “stylist” because the last time she picked out her clothes, she got thumbs down from LA to Israel! LOL! Anyway, she’s been looking hot in photos lately due to her new stylist.

36. Ella says:

I would really like for Sofia Vergara to finally win, she’s absolutely fantastic. That being said, it’s Jane’s last chance for 30 Rock…

• Rob Thompson says:

Sofia Vergara can’t act, you can’t understand what she’s saying, and the show is so not funny. That equates to her deserving to win best supporting actress? Don’t people know what best is these days? How about plenty laughs which is what comedy is supposed to be about. Any of the girls on Big Bang Theory fit the bill of what comedy is – humorous. All else fail miserably.

37. Britta Unfiltered says:

This is a hard category to get excited about for me. Not crazy about most of the nominees. I guess I vote for Merritt Wever though because she’s just too adorable on Nurse Jackie. I think I would have preferred seeing Jessica Walter, Zosia Mamet, Carrie Brownstein, Eden Sher, or Alia Shawkat nominated, but what are ya gonna do. Jessica Walter would have won if they had actually bothered watching Arrested Development before they started nominating people. I think we’re going to see a Julie Bowen three-peat now.

38. JenF says:

Everyone voting in these polls seems to be obsessed with Big Bang Theory. I just do not get it.

• jj says:

Not just the people voting in these polls, also everyone who watches television. Like it or not, you’re in the minority.

39. Andrea says:

I really want to see Mayim win! She is amazing!

40. Anna Chlumsky should win! Or Jane Krakowski.

41. Mikael says:

I know it’s “in” to hate on Modern Family and Big Bang Theory right now, but it sounds like jealousy over their popularity. I too would like to see some of the underrated comedies get recognition. I think Courteney Cox should be nominated for Lead and Christa Miller for Supporting for their performances on Cougar Town. Eden Sher should be nominated for The Middle. But the Emmys just don’t reflect niche comedies, no matter how funny they are. I love Julie Bowen, so I’d like to see her win again. But if not her, I’d say Anna Chlumsky or Mayim (though I think her character was much better 2 seasons ago.)

42. Jaime says:

Anna Chlumsky or Jane Krakowski for the win! (Since Cougar Town’s Busy Philipps and Christa Miller go unnoticed, yet again)