Exclusive

The Vineyard Exclusive First Look: It's the Katie-Luis Scene You've Been Waiting For!

In case you’ve set up camp somewhere other than Martha’s Vineyard this summer (for shame!), ABC Family’s The Vineyard is an addictive new docu-series that follows a handful of gorgeous twentysomethings as they attempt to find themselves on the Massachusetts island.

At the center of it all is unavailable leading lady Katie (think Lauren Conrad à la MTV’s cult classic Laguna Beach) and brooding heartthrob Luis — and we’ve got your exclusive first look at a gushworthy scene between the star-crossed duo in next Tuesday’s installment (airing at 10/9c).

RELATED | 2013 Cable Renewal Scorecard

Last we saw, Luis was leaving the island after his feelings for Katie weren’t reciprocated. Katie, however, was able to sneak a love letter into his luggage before he took off, one seemingly filled with her own romantic declarations. Which leads us to the following sneak peek, featuring a moment six soapy episodes in the making.

Press PLAY below to find out how Luis responds to Katie’s revelation, then hit the comments with your predictions on what happens next!

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. David4 says:

Does TVline have people who fact check and proof read?

Martha’s Vineyard is not a Cape Cod town, it’s a Massachusetts island, that is it’s own town with separate villages or just an island with several tiny towns on it depending on who you ask.

It’s why people say “Cape Cod and the islands”. The islands are beautiful this time of year because all the bratty rich people have left because they need to get their rich brats of children back to school.

2. Rachel says:

The show is a poor substitute for Laguna Beach. It seems so fake, faker than the MTV show. The only semi real person is Emily; at least she admits she wants an old, rich husband. And she got better hooking up with Jon. Katie is ridiculous, Jackie, the “boss” who falls in love with Luis, gets mad at Katie, gets over him then goes after Jon who is her EMPLOYEE and younger, doesn’t even care that he’s hooking up with Emily, is pathetic…even season 3 of LB was better.

3. DavidSask says:

I love this show is great laugh every week, the Soup should be having a field day with it! Having said that though does said woman tell other man of what she did? I am betting its not shown on camera as likely never existed lol.

4. alison says:

Pretty sure Katie’s “boyfriend Matt” doesn’t exist

5. Kate'shomesick says:

I would never watch that show…but this guy is gorgeous. It has to be said.

6. Grace says:

Is it just me or does Katie look like Piper Perabo from Covert Affairs?

7. AHHHHHH…………. I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE TOGETHER

8. GTS says:

I am actually asking this: is this show a reality television show (like the Kardashians)? Or just a drama with real actors (like Revenge)?

9. Conrad says:

Katie has a four year relationship with Matt. What is she doing with Luis. I hope Luis hops on a boat and the boat sinks

10. Luis is the best on the show , I think kate and luis are going to go to bed and make Passionate love

11. Mandy says:

I never thought I would like a show like this, but ended up really enjoying the drama! Luis is the sexiest of them all and needs to stay on the show to get people watching! Poor Emily! I think Jon was starting to realize what he really feels for her! Katie and Luis is a must…. she obviously feels closer to him than Matt after 4 years!

12. Matt might show up, but he’s out and Luis is in….for now…….but what will Katie do when she finds out about Luis’s night with Jackie???

• Sandy says:

I agree.. what is she going to do when she finds out about Luis and Jackie? HMMM maybe she will see that it was a rebound pissed off thing and stay with Luis.. hopefully because I think they look great together and Matt well if he hasn’t gotten off the pot by asking her to marry him by now after 4 yrs then he will never do it..

13. This show is so fake but Luis is just so hot that I don’t care.

14. Elizabeth says:

What song is this? I think it is beautiful for this scene

15. savannah says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW<3 I have to agree on how this "reality" show seems a little bit scripted, though. Luis is hot and Katie is a goddess. #addicted

16. Kathy says:

What is the name of the song playing in the background! I love it! Great show!

17. Mandy says:

So obsessed with this show!!! It’s so addicting, do not want it to end!!

18. Angel says:

Does anyone know if this show is coming back next summer? I cannot stand Emily!!! Jonathan would make a great paring with Jackie!