The Vineyard Exclusive First Look: It's the Katie-Luis Scene You've Been Waiting For!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

In case you’ve set up camp somewhere other than Martha’s Vineyard this summer (for shame!), ABC Family’s The Vineyard is an addictive new docu-series that follows a handful of gorgeous twentysomethings as they attempt to find themselves on the Massachusetts island.

At the center of it all is unavailable leading lady Katie (think Lauren Conrad à la MTV’s cult classic Laguna Beach) and brooding heartthrob Luis — and we’ve got your exclusive first look at a gushworthy scene between the star-crossed duo in next Tuesday’s installment (airing at 10/9c).

RELATED | 2013 Cable Renewal Scorecard

Last we saw, Luis was leaving the island after his feelings for Katie weren’t reciprocated. Katie, however, was able to sneak a love letter into his luggage before he took off, one seemingly filled with her own romantic declarations. Which leads us to the following sneak peek, featuring a moment six soapy episodes in the making.

Press PLAY below to find out how Luis responds to Katie’s revelation, then hit the comments with your predictions on what happens next!

Loading video...

Comments (26)

• Does TVline have people who fact check and proof read?

Martha’s Vineyard is not a Cape Cod town, it’s a Massachusetts island, that is it’s own town with separate villages or just an island with several tiny towns on it depending on who you ask.

It’s why people say “Cape Cod and the islands”. The islands are beautiful this time of year because all the bratty rich people have left because they need to get their rich brats of children back to school.

Comment by David4 – August 21, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amended! – KR

Comment by Kimberly Roots – August 21, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks. I have lived on Nantucket and it’s a pet peeve, these are islands with no way off but boat and plane. Cape Cod has at least a train and two bridges.

Comment by David4 – August 21, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is a poor substitute for Laguna Beach. It seems so fake, faker than the MTV show. The only semi real person is Emily; at least she admits she wants an old, rich husband. And she got better hooking up with Jon. Katie is ridiculous, Jackie, the “boss” who falls in love with Luis, gets mad at Katie, gets over him then goes after Jon who is her EMPLOYEE and younger, doesn’t even care that he’s hooking up with Emily, is pathetic…even season 3 of LB was better.

Comment by Rachel – August 21, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show is great laugh every week, the Soup should be having a field day with it! Having said that though does said woman tell other man of what she did? I am betting its not shown on camera as likely never existed lol.

Comment by DavidSask – August 21, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure Katie’s “boyfriend Matt” doesn’t exist

Comment by alison – August 21, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would never watch that show…but this guy is gorgeous. It has to be said.

Comment by Kate'shomesick – August 21, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or does Katie look like Piper Perabo from Covert Affairs?

Comment by Grace – August 21, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHHHHH…………. I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE TOGETHER

Comment by Sophia Collins – August 21, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am actually asking this: is this show a reality television show (like the Kardashians)? Or just a drama with real actors (like Revenge)?

Comment by GTS – August 21, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s about as real as the Kardashians, aka it’s completely fake.

Comment by David4 – August 21, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “docu-series” = soap opera at it’s worst. Think SNL’s “The Californians” with worse acting transported to the East coast

Comment by cuius – August 22, 2013 03:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its all real. Lou told me himself.

Comment by Buzz the Bug (@BuzzTheBug) – August 23, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katie has a four year relationship with Matt. What is she doing with Luis. I hope Luis hops on a boat and the boat sinks

Comment by Conrad – August 21, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luis is the best on the show , I think kate and luis are going to go to bed and make Passionate love

Comment by Ruth Ann Coleman – August 22, 2013 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never thought I would like a show like this, but ended up really enjoying the drama! Luis is the sexiest of them all and needs to stay on the show to get people watching! Poor Emily! I think Jon was starting to realize what he really feels for her! Katie and Luis is a must…. she obviously feels closer to him than Matt after 4 years!

Comment by Mandy – August 22, 2013 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt might show up, but he’s out and Luis is in….for now…….but what will Katie do when she finds out about Luis’s night with Jackie???

Comment by Ruth Ann Coleman – August 22, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.. what is she going to do when she finds out about Luis and Jackie? HMMM maybe she will see that it was a rebound pissed off thing and stay with Luis.. hopefully because I think they look great together and Matt well if he hasn’t gotten off the pot by asking her to marry him by now after 4 yrs then he will never do it..

Comment by Sandy – August 22, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is so fake but Luis is just so hot that I don’t care.

Comment by Sandra Oh (@TheRealSandraOh) – August 22, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What song is this? I think it is beautiful for this scene

Comment by Elizabeth – August 22, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW<3 I have to agree on how this "reality" show seems a little bit scripted, though. Luis is hot and Katie is a goddess. #addicted

Comment by savannah – August 22, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is the name of the song playing in the background! I love it! Great show!

Comment by Kathy – August 25, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want to know what song is playing too, I’ve searched and searched!!

Comment by Li Sa – August 28, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So obsessed with this show!!! It’s so addicting, do not want it to end!!

Comment by Mandy – August 29, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know if this show is coming back next summer? I cannot stand Emily!!! Jonathan would make a great paring with Jackie!

Comment by Angel – September 24, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post