Happy Ending? Eliza Coupe Cast as Will Arnett's Ex on CBS' The Millers

Get More: Casting News

dw_eliza_coupe_jane_129084_3277_fulYet another Happy Endings alum has landed a juicy comedy role for this fall.

Hot on the heels of Adam Pally’s major Mindy Project arc and Damon Wayans Jr.’s New Girl return, Eliza Coupe has been cast on Greg Garcia’s new CBS comedy The Millers, where she’ll play Will Arnett’s ex-wife — the one whom he divorced without so much as a mention to his bickering parents (played by Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges). The news was first reported by EW.com.

RELATED | The Millers‘ Creator Greg Garcia Defends Flatulence-Heavy Pilot: ‘Farts Are Funny’

Coupe’s character — who is discussed, but not seen, in The Millers pilot — will be recurring, first popping up in the fourth episode.

Previously, The Millers recast two roles from the pilot, with Glee‘s Jayma Mays and New Girl‘s Nelson Franklin now playing Arnett’s TV sister and brother-in-law.

The Millers premieres Thursday, Oct. 3 at 8:30/7:30c.

Comments (22)

• So happy the Happy Endings cast are getting jobs pretty much straight away! It’s just a shame Eliza Coupe is stuck on this show, she deserves better than a show that already looks thoughtless and has to rely on fart jokes.

Comment by Cherry – August 21, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can’t believe all of the cast is parting ways! I know they have to move on to new roles, but I just want Happy Endings back!

Comment by Fabe – August 21, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least she’s getting work, it’s too bad it’s this trashy show. I expect this show to be cancelled rather quickly. Hopefully she finds a job on a show with longevity

Comment by Ram510 – August 21, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That show doesn’t look funny, but I hope it was just a bad pilot (or commercial based on the pilot). I will check it out for her tho.

Comment by big cheddar – August 21, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goddamn the trailer looked awful but with this cast I know I’ll be watching each week!

Comment by Dizzle – August 21, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew she wouldn’t be out of work long. She is too good not to be in a show. Unfortunately, it is a show I wasn’t planning on watching.

Comment by Melissa – August 21, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang! There goes my dream of reuniting her with Bill Lawrence and bringing her on to Cougar Town. She wold have been perfect as Ellie’s younger sister!

Comment by Geo – August 21, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be perfect if she was on Cougar Town! If they could make her a recurring cheater somehow (as Ellie’s sister, Bobby or Tom’s new girlfriend, or a new neighbor) I think she would fit in nicely.

Comment by Ram510 – August 21, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh Geo, why did you have to say that! I would love her to be on there! That’s the kind of role that she would be perfect at!

Comment by Margie Rife – August 21, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want this show to succeed; it has SUCH an amazing cast!

Comment by keri – August 21, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch just for her. The show looks awful. I’m not sure it’ll even make it to it’s 4th episode.

Comment by Steven – August 21, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, this isn’t a happy ending for me. I might actually have to watch this show now.

Comment by Andy – August 21, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! Now it’s time for Elisha Cuthbert to be cast on the new season of “24″.

Comment by Yolanda – August 21, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad she’s getting work. Hope Happy Endings cast will get to work together again in future.

Comment by Joey – August 21, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they’re all getting new shows so soon. Casey should cast Adam or Elisha in the new show shes creating for ABC.

Comment by Jomel – August 21, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved her chemistry with Damon Wayans Jr and was really hoping that she’d pop up in New Girl with him as a girlfriend or something. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Comment by Brittany – August 21, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was the one I most wanted to find work…I just wish it wasn’t on this show but, oh well.

Comment by dude – August 21, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was planning on watching for Will Arnett anyway, so this is just an added bonus. I guess I’m in the minority but I’m looking forward to this one.

Comment by Kristina – August 21, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why won’t the laugh track just die already!!? I want to watch based on the cast — but I barely cracked a smile during the preview. Fart jokes…? Really?

Comment by Brian – August 21, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with most of the comments, was not planning on catching this show, but always pleased when HE alum get new work, so maybe I’ll check it out now.

Comment by schu – August 21, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Jane and Brad forever

Comment by A – August 21, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I noticed something about the trailer. If you take out Margo Martindale, there is nothing wrong with The Millers. But she plays her character in a really over the top manner, plus she’s given a crappy wardrobe and ridiculously bad lines.

Comment by Zach – August 26, 2013 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post