90210's Jessica Stroup Joins The Following Season 2 -- As Ryan Hardy's [Spoiler]

The Following Season 2 Cast Jessica StroupSeason 2 of The Following will be a bit of a family affair, with the addition of Jessica Stroup as Ryan Hardy’s niece.

RELATED | The Following @ Comic-Con: James Purefoy to Return for Season 2

As first reported by EW.com, the 90210 alumna has boarded Fox’s sophomore thriller in the series regular role of Max, an NYPD intel specialist who thus proves useful to her Uncle Ryan when the kin reconnect.

EW also reports that Tiffany Boone (Southland) will recur as a young woman who finds herself drawn into Joe Carroll’s cult.

Other recent castings for The Following, which returns at midseason, include NYPD Blue‘s James McDaniel, Boss‘ Connie Nielsen and Dexter baddie Sam Underwood.

1. Drew says:

“Intel specialist” would imply some sort of intelligence in the law enforcement area of this show. That can’t be right.

2. 90210 alum says:

So happy to see Stroup moving on! The 90210 cast was phenomenal but never got their share on the cw with crappy writing and storylines. Hope annalynne McCord and Jessica lowndes make it soon.

3. Really missed her on 90210. Silver was one of my faves.

4. Magically Suspicious says:

It’ll be nice to see her on a show that lets her stretch her legs and do some acting.

5. didi says:

Aside from Kevin Bacon, the great thing about this show is they used a lot of actors whose faces are not super well known in supporting roles. It made everything more real. I can’t really say so much for Jessica Stroup.

6. Matt C. says:

I always thought that AnnaLynne McCord would be the first of the 90210 gang to book a new series…but I like Jessica Stroup, so this news is exciting to me. However, I do hope that AnnaLynne returns to TV, or does more movies (she was amazing in Excision). There were rumors that she was going to be joining American Horror Story for the next season, and it’s a shame that never happened, because she would make an amazing witch in Coven!

7. Dave says:

Glad that Jessica is going to be on The Following after her talents were wasted by subpar writing on 90210!

8. Molly says:

Finally, a place where she can show off her acting chops! There were glimpses of it on 90210 but the writing was so horrible it was hard for any of that cast to shine. She was definitely one of, if not the, most talented on 90210 (along with AnnaLynne). Good for her for moving on up in the TV world, I’m excited to watch.

9. audience member says:

Trevor Donovan was my favorite character on 90210, then Stroup. Trevor is so good looking and I saw him on Melissa and Joey and turns out is great at comedy. I should of known from his twitter

10. Maria says:

Oh, her character is not gonna end good in this the show, right? But at least it makes The Following interesting for me once again.