Hollywood Game Night Renewed for Season 2

Hollywood Game Night RenewedYou can count on more cats dressed as Blues Brothers, Lil’ Picassos and extreme close-ups of snack foods, because NBC has renewed Hollywood Game Night for a 10-episode second season.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

In picking up the star-studded series — which will return next summer or possibly sooner, per Deadline — NBC’s President of Alternative and Late Night Programming praised host Jane Lynch and the lineup of celebs who thus far have participated.

Hollywood Game Night allows the audience to take a seat on the couch next to their favorite celebrities and enjoy the pandemonium and exuberance of the colorful cast … in each episode,” Paul Telegdy said in a statement. “Jane and her friends know how to throw a party, and we’re thrilled viewers have come to play too.”

Season 1′s celeb guests have included Kristin Bell, Rose Byrne, Nick Cannon, Kristin Chenoweth, Minnie Driver, Patricia Heaton, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry, Amy Poehler, Aubrey Plaza, Martin Short and Jason Sudeikis.

Hollywood Game Night – currently airing Thursdays at 10/9c — is produced by Todd Milliner and Sean Hayes, the latter of which based the show on his real-life game night parties.

1. Megan says:

Awesome! Now we just need to know how to get on it!

• I think all you have to do is periodically check the NBC casting page on their site and hope you spot it in time to apply. I’ve been doing that with ABC to see if I can try to apply for Whodunnit if they do a second season.

2. Lana says:

Love this show! It’s a great alternative to some of the other crappy summer programming. It looks like so much fun to be on!

3. ktbanks says:

Great news! I’ve really enjoyed watching/playing along with this show! Just good, mindless fun…perfect for summer!

4. Martina says:

Great news! This has to be one of the best ideas that anybody in TV showbiz ever had in this past years! Famous people drinking and interacting like regular folks with actual regular folks is increíble. The games are engaging and fun to play at home and Jane Lynch is really good as a host! We need more of this type of shows on TV and less boring, predictible reality programs.

5. I’m surprised about that.

6. Andy says:

This made me happy. It’s been a good summer show.

7. Alicia says:

Yes! It’s such a fun show. It makes me want to have a regular game night, complete with stand-up buzzers.

8. This Show Sucks says:

WHAT?!

This show is unwatchably boring! I don’t understand middle America…..

9. M3rc Nate says:

Its a really fun show that i enjoy watching, however some episodes are better than others because of the guest cast. Having amazingly funny/quick witted/goofy people on like Kristen Bell, Dax, Amy Poehler and such make the episodes so much more fun. Considering how family friendly it is im surprised its on at 10pm, considering its on at 10pm i wish it would allow more swearing/dirty talk etc..and yes continue to fully show the games but also show the guest cast interacting during breaks or something.

10. Kaylinb says:

I think this is quite the terrible show. The cat game is awful. Who cares what type if candies you can guess? seriously? and the Hollywood friends will be more B list as it goes on. It already has started that trend. Also , I find at the end – the people congratulate the celebrity giving out the info rather then that actually person who just wont 25,000 – that is a lot of money to them.. !

11. erin says:

Yesssss!!!! So excited, I hope they bring back more SNL alumni, Kristen and Dax, and Yvette.

12. Beth Ann says:

Love this show! Yeah, it’s goofy but so much fun. Much better than most of those catty reality shows.

13. Danielle says:

There are only four shows I’m watching live this summer, and this is one of them. Such a fun, goofy thing to watch and I always end up laughing. I’ll admit the ‘guess the snack’ game is insanely boring and I wish they’d send the loser home with at least a $1000 to their name, but in every other way it’s fun to watch and play from home.

I’d also love to see celebrity besties/co-stars compete on opposite teams, kinda like they did in week one with Lisa Kudrow and Matthew Perry. How fun would it have been to see Anna Kendrick on the opposite team to Aubrey Plaza last week? Anyway, I find it a fun way to get a “behind the scenes” type of celebrity fix without having to shove cameras in their faces while they walk their kid home or constantly trying to figure out if they’re dating/pregnant/in rehab.

14. Alan says:

if they can keep up the quality of the celebrities and not descend into the reality show rejects you usually see on “celebrity” shows then i could see this running for a long time.

15. majamababe says:

I didn’t think I would like this show, because I don’t care for Jane Lynch, but once I watched it I was hooked. It is fun to watch and try to guess the answers. I’m surprised at how good at playing that some of these celebrities are. Glad it got renewed. It is a perfect summer program.

16. Jon says:

Really? I could barely make it through one episode.

17. SK says:

I actually enjoy this show. I caught it one night and it’s entertaining. I’m glad it got renewed and only for 10 episode so we do not get too bombarded with it that we’ll get bored or have “B” list celebrities as what some people here have said.