Hollywood Game Night Renewed for Season 2

Get More: Reality TV, Renewals

Hollywood Game Night RenewedYou can count on more cats dressed as Blues Brothers, Lil’ Picassos and extreme close-ups of snack foods, because NBC has renewed Hollywood Game Night for a 10-episode second season.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

In picking up the star-studded series — which will return next summer or possibly sooner, per Deadline — NBC’s President of Alternative and Late Night Programming praised host Jane Lynch and the lineup of celebs who thus far have participated.

Hollywood Game Night allows the audience to take a seat on the couch next to their favorite celebrities and enjoy the pandemonium and exuberance of the colorful cast … in each episode,” Paul Telegdy said in a statement. “Jane and her friends know how to throw a party, and we’re thrilled viewers have come to play too.”

Season 1′s celeb guests have included Kristin Bell, Rose Byrne, Nick Cannon, Kristin Chenoweth, Minnie Driver, Patricia Heaton, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry, Amy Poehler, Aubrey Plaza, Martin Short and Jason Sudeikis.

Hollywood Game Night – currently airing Thursdays at 10/9c — is produced by Todd Milliner and Sean Hayes, the latter of which based the show on his real-life game night parties.

Comments (22)

• Awesome! Now we just need to know how to get on it!

Comment by Megan – August 20, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think all you have to do is periodically check the NBC casting page on their site and hope you spot it in time to apply. I’ve been doing that with ABC to see if I can try to apply for Whodunnit if they do a second season.

Comment by neums (@neums) – August 20, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show! It’s a great alternative to some of the other crappy summer programming. It looks like so much fun to be on!

Comment by Lana – August 20, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I’ve really enjoyed watching/playing along with this show! Just good, mindless fun…perfect for summer!

Comment by ktbanks – August 20, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! This has to be one of the best ideas that anybody in TV showbiz ever had in this past years! Famous people drinking and interacting like regular folks with actual regular folks is increíble. The games are engaging and fun to play at home and Jane Lynch is really good as a host! We need more of this type of shows on TV and less boring, predictible reality programs.

Comment by Martina – August 20, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised about that.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 20, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This made me happy. It’s been a good summer show.

Comment by Andy – August 20, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! It’s such a fun show. It makes me want to have a regular game night, complete with stand-up buzzers.

Comment by Alicia – August 20, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT?!

This show is unwatchably boring! I don’t understand middle America…..

Comment by This Show Sucks – August 20, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its a really fun show that i enjoy watching, however some episodes are better than others because of the guest cast. Having amazingly funny/quick witted/goofy people on like Kristen Bell, Dax, Amy Poehler and such make the episodes so much more fun. Considering how family friendly it is im surprised its on at 10pm, considering its on at 10pm i wish it would allow more swearing/dirty talk etc..and yes continue to fully show the games but also show the guest cast interacting during breaks or something.

Comment by M3rc Nate – August 20, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is quite the terrible show. The cat game is awful. Who cares what type if candies you can guess? seriously? and the Hollywood friends will be more B list as it goes on. It already has started that trend. Also , I find at the end – the people congratulate the celebrity giving out the info rather then that actually person who just wont 25,000 – that is a lot of money to them.. !

Comment by Kaylinb – August 20, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesssss!!!! So excited, I hope they bring back more SNL alumni, Kristen and Dax, and Yvette.

Comment by erin – August 20, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show! Yeah, it’s goofy but so much fun. Much better than most of those catty reality shows.

Comment by Beth Ann – August 20, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are only four shows I’m watching live this summer, and this is one of them. Such a fun, goofy thing to watch and I always end up laughing. I’ll admit the ‘guess the snack’ game is insanely boring and I wish they’d send the loser home with at least a $1000 to their name, but in every other way it’s fun to watch and play from home.

I’d also love to see celebrity besties/co-stars compete on opposite teams, kinda like they did in week one with Lisa Kudrow and Matthew Perry. How fun would it have been to see Anna Kendrick on the opposite team to Aubrey Plaza last week? Anyway, I find it a fun way to get a “behind the scenes” type of celebrity fix without having to shove cameras in their faces while they walk their kid home or constantly trying to figure out if they’re dating/pregnant/in rehab.

Comment by Danielle – August 20, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if they can keep up the quality of the celebrities and not descend into the reality show rejects you usually see on “celebrity” shows then i could see this running for a long time.

Comment by Alan – August 21, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t think I would like this show, because I don’t care for Jane Lynch, but once I watched it I was hooked. It is fun to watch and try to guess the answers. I’m surprised at how good at playing that some of these celebrities are. Glad it got renewed. It is a perfect summer program.

Comment by majamababe – August 21, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they aren’t good at guessing. It is all scripted….. DUH!

Comment by This Show Sucks – August 21, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You got a source to verify that?

Comment by HAP – August 21, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? I could barely make it through one episode.

Comment by Jon – August 21, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually enjoy this show. I caught it one night and it’s entertaining. I’m glad it got renewed and only for 10 episode so we do not get too bombarded with it that we’ll get bored or have “B” list celebrities as what some people here have said.

Comment by SK – August 22, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post