Under the Dome Recap: The Children Shall Lead?
This week on CBS’ Under the Dome, the “mini-dome” begat a huge mystery, while Big Jim went about collecting guns yet found himself in a mystery woman’s crosshairs — and sharing something in common with frenemy Barbie.
RELATED | Under the Dome Renewed for Season 2
DOME ALONE | Fresh off the mini-dome’s latest “disclosure,” to Julia via “Joe” — that “the monarch will be crowned” — Norrie remarked on Angie’s tattoo. But, Joe countered, monarch butterflies are orange, while his sis’ ink is blue-and-yellow. Julia meanwhile went to show Barbie the “mini-dome with an egg in it,” only to find the object missing from the forest. Joe, Nor and trusty dog Truman at first were unable to sniff out the missing mini-dome, but it later was discovered in the McAllister barn — where a zombie-like Joe apparently relocated it the night before. The youths gathered ’round the orb and placed their hands on it without incident, as it emitted a bluish glow and indicated that a “fourth hand,” or key, was needed to complete the… secret circle? (What, too soon?)
MAX TO GRIND | A beautiful, ballbusting woman named Max showed up in Big Jim’s home, and it is revealed that she has been overseeing his whole drug operation. (She was in town to see him when the Dome first appeared, and has since been laying low in a vacant house, keeping tabs on people. Um, OK.) At her suggestion, Jim begins rounding up the firearms in town, ostensibly because of an unfortunate incident triggered by a tweaking customer of Reverend Coggins, who was hopped up on the propane-fueled drug Rapture. Later, Jim realizes that Max also knows Barbie — intimately, it would seem — though both gents are under her thumb, due to secrets they each prefer buried.
MISC. | After Angie suffered a seizure (upon Shy Junior’s suggestion that the Dome was making her sick), her avid admirer shared a painting his mom did before killing herself — one of him showered by “pink stars,” just as Angie had been mumbling.
THINGS WE NOW ARE WONDERING….
* Does Julia have a different pair of fashionable, impractical boots for every trip into the woods?
* To pass the inordinate amount of time her surviving mom is spending alone in a bedroom, did Norrie swing by a hair salon?
* Isn’t it almost odd to see Dean Norris on back-to-back nights, especially now that his Breaking Bad storyline is so intense? (Or is it more odd to have his Dome scenes adjacent to the Mom promo’s “making meth” joke?)
* It’s only been eight days since the Dome came down…?!
* Did the “show some midriff” rider in Britt Robertson’s contract just kick in?
* Is anyone worrying about gasoline yet? (Not that there are many places for people to drive, but….) How many filling stations could a tiny burg like Chester’s Mill have had? Or was every police car on a full tank?
* Hey, how about that not-at-all-conspicuous notebook computer demo!
* Can the townsfolk agree on one intonation of the word propane (or PRO-pay-un, as the nosy neighbor lady calls it)?
* Did Linda really shoot a gun at a door with presumably scads of propane tanks behind it? Did John Travolta-in-Broken Arrow teach us nothing?
* Do we think Jeff Fahey returned for the security camera scene of Duke and Max, or was it just a bearded, hat-wearing stand-in?
* Is Angie actually starting to pick up what Shy Junior is laying down? Could these two be MFEO? Is he the “fourth hand,” the king to her queen? And what do these “keys” unlock?
What new questions do you have about the Dome?