What to Watch Monday: Major Crimes-athon, Teen Wolf Time Out, Switched at Birth Finale and More

major-crimes-summer-finale-300On TV this Monday: Major Crimes recaps and then wraps Season 2, Switched at Birth deals with wedding drama, Teen Wolf kicks it old-school and Natalie Zea pops up in the Dome. In addition to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Monday — Rick Castle Vs. James Spader and Other DVR Dilemmas

11 am – 10 pm Major Crimes (TNT) | Catch up on Season 2 of the police drama, leading up to the summer finale at 9 pm.

RELATED | TNT Renews Major Crimes and Two More Dramas

8 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Season finale: John and Kathryn consider telling Toby their true feelings as he prepares for his wedding with Nikki. (Yep, renewed.)

8 pm Basketball Wives (VH1) | Season 5 premiere: Evelyn takes on the media for the first time after an altercation with her husband.

8:30 pm Top Gear (BBC America) | Jeremy and James put their petrol-heads together to name and shame the world’s worst car ever.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

9 pm Breaking Pointe (CW) | Upcoming contract renewals fuel the rivalry between Ian and Zach, and Allison feels even more confused about her future.

VIDEO | Siberia Exclusive Preview: Didn’t Anyone Check Their Weather Channel App?

10 pm Mistresses (ABC) | Savi starts to realize things might be over with Harry, while Joss tries to help Olivier impress new clients. (See a sneak peek.)

10 pm Under the Dome (CBS) | Barbie and Big Jim realize The Fourth Handtheir lives are more intertwined than they knew when a mysterious woman (Justfied‘s Natalie Zea) makes an appearance in Chester’s Mill. (But… how did she get inside?!)

10 pm Longmire (A&E) | Walt connects a seemingly random act to a new murder as well as a long-ago armed robbery. Peter Weller (Dexter, 24) guest-stars. (Watch an exclusive clip.)

10 pm Teen Wolf (MTV) | Midseason finale: Scott and his friends use an ancient ritual to save loved ones and stop Deucalion.

10 pm The Writers’ Room (Sundance) | New Girl actor Jake Johnson joins the show’s writing team for a roundtable discussion.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (42)

• Switched at Birth and Teen Wolf finales for me tonight. Eeeee the feeeeeeeelings.

Comment by liz – August 19, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watched Teen Wolf already – you’re in a for a treat!

Comment by Lisa London – August 19, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ooooo good to know! Then we have to wait until January!

Comment by liz – August 19, 2013 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • thats the real pain. while the final scene i sort of predicted, your reaction is still going to be “WTF!?!?!?” and your going to be having some serious feels about waiting for 1/06/2014. Which is, by the way, 140 days away.

Comment by TJCrinc – August 19, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been really surprised, but Teen Wolf has been consistently good for it’s entire run so far. Can’t wait for the finale tonight!

Comment by Allen – August 19, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Under the Dome
    Mistresses – glad it’s back on

Comment by SK – August 19, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to like Major Crimes….but Rusty always hanging around the squad room is just so obnoxious. Just wrap up that storyline already….

Comment by Dr. Bombay – August 19, 2013 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I thought I would hate Rusty when the series first “started”—normally these “tacked on characters” tend to annoy me, but I really dont mind him being there right now.

Comment by Pat D. – August 19, 2013 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was the same way. At first he was really a pain in the arse, but over time his relationship with Sharon has added dimensions to both of their characters. It makes her softer and gives her a home life. It also gives us the vulnerable side of Rusty who now feels safe with Sharon, like she’s his mother. By the end of last season he found the entire squad had his back and they’ve become an extended family for him. Even Buzz is protective of him when at first, he couldn’t stand being saddled with the boy. Now he’s invested in Rusty’s education and safety. I’m good with Rusty being there. I just wish we’d see Fritz Howard. I know Tenney has his own show now (which he’s very good in), but his show is not well written and as lovely as Rebecca R is, she makes a terrible Michelle Maxwell. She’s very one note and I don’t feel any emotional connection between her and, well anyone. I don’t buy her. Him yes, her no.

Comment by Rowan77 – August 19, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, that Rusty character has got to go! When I saw that the blurb for this week’s episode says “Rusty is given more freedom” I immediately thought “I hope they give him enough freedom to leave the show for good! Truth be told, I always record the show and then I just fast-forward whenever I see him on screen!!

Comment by Drew – August 19, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also fast forward the Rusty parts, watched tonight’s show in 37 min.

Comment by War'n – December 16, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Rusty/Sharon storyline is one of the better things they’ve done with this show.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – August 19, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes….but I really miss The Fosters on Monday.

Comment by Columbus – August 19, 2013 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: Switched at Birth, Teen Wolf
    DVR: Under the Dome and Siberia

Comment by FatherOctavian – August 19, 2013 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth season finale and WWE Monday Night Raw (the aftermath of last night’s SummerSlam).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 19, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes all the way ;) <3

Comment by Astrid – August 19, 2013 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes and Teen Wolf.

Comment by WayneInNYC – August 19, 2013 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes finale and The Glades.

Comment by Pam Mendez – August 19, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire!!

Comment by JuliaJ. – August 19, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Under The Dome and Writers Room.

Comment by Joey – August 19, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes & Switched at Birth

Comment by Sara – August 19, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire
    Teen Wolf
    Under the Dome
    Siberia

-And I just want to add that Siberia is one of those shows that has a very slow build — almost nothing out of the ordinary happens in the early episodes. But now? It’s starting to get edge of your seat terrifying! This is one show I took a chance on, and I’m very glad I did. I have never been a fan of the Survivor-style reality show, but this scripted version is the absolute horror story of mysterious — and unexplainable — things going wrong for a group of reality show contestants as their terror — and their isolation — grows. Right now I can’t wait for the next episode!

Comment by Maryann – August 19, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You missed “The Glades.”

Comment by Kim – August 19, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am pretty sure they don’t list every show, just ten per day.

Comment by Danyelle – August 19, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes
    Longmire

Comment by Mary Morris – August 19, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Real Housewives of OC Reunion Part 2!!!
    Major Crimes
    Mistresses

Comment by Eric7740 – August 19, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth,Mistresess,Breaking Pointe

Comment by Brandy – August 19, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teen Wolf

Comment by Andy – August 19, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glades
    Longmire
    PVR: Mistresses

Comment by sarah – August 19, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth, Breaking Pointe, The Glades, & Teen Wolf. Oh and Mistresses :) Man I watch a lot of tv lol

Comment by Sarah – August 19, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, nothing will help my Fosters withdrawal but I will console myself by being able to watch Major Crimes live.

Comment by Liz – August 19, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire and Major Crimes; Under the Dome, On Demand (I can fast forward through the commercials). Thanks for recommending Longmire.

Comment by arial2 – August 19, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth
    Teen Wolf
    Mistresses
    Basketball Wives

Comment by Jared – August 19, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth and Top Gear!!! Love Top Gear! Doesn’t get enough love on here!!!

Comment by Rebecca – August 19, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Pointe!

Comment by N – August 19, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Ninja Warrior, Get Out Alive, and Mistresses.

Comment by G – August 19, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes and Under the Dome

Comment by Justin – August 19, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes and The Writer’s Room (hilarious show!). I’ll watch Breaking Pointe, but I DVR it because Zach annoys me so much I fast-forward through his self-made drama.

Comment by rowan77 – August 19, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone remember that the kid who plays Rusty on Major Crimes, Graham Patrick Martin played Jennifer Lawrence’s younger brother, with mommy Nancy Travis and daddy Bill Engvall on the Bill Engvall Show?

Comment by HAP – August 19, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched & recorded #Mistresses…as well as watched The Glades! I can’t wait for this Monday…gotta remember that #Mistresses is on at 9pm instead of 10!

Comment by ZoieP&JesMacallanFan (@zoiepalmerfan) – August 24, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post