Exclusive First Look: Longmire Gets a 'Tip' That Will Collide the Past and the Present

Get More: Exclusive, Video

Though he may not realize it straight away, Longmire gets a blast from the past in the A&E drama’s penultimate Season 2 episode (airing tonight at 10/9c), and TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

As Lucian Connally (played by Peter Weller) — Walt’s predecessor as sheriff and Branch’s uncle — drops some rhymes at the annual “Cowboy Poetry Slam” at The Red Pony, Walt receives a mysterious package at work. The contents of the box will resurrect a 30 year-old crime that occurred during Lucian’s reign, thus bringing the past and present sheriffs back together. Press PLAY below to preview the eye-opening moment.

The yet-to-be-renewed Longmire‘s sophomore finale airs next Monday, Aug. 26.

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (20)

• I really enjoy this show, hope it gets renewed.

Comment by NE – August 19, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Lingmire is one of the best shows I have seen in a while, PLEASE RENEW IT!!!!
      The cliffhanger was great!! But that cannot be the end if the story for us loyal a & E fans!!

Brenna

Comment by Brenna – August 27, 2013 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe quality shows like this are always teetering on the cancellation cliff. I hope it gets renewed.

Comment by tp – August 19, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s yet to be renewed? Why???? Longmire is a terrific show and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t watch it!! It’s a perfect modern say western, something we don’t see on TV anymore. Please A&E, support this show and renew it now!!

Comment by Kat – August 19, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I hope it gets renewed. Longmire is by far my favorite summer show this season. I used to love The Glades, but this season has been so mediocre. So if A&E has to chose between the two… I vote for Walt.

Comment by TaMara – August 19, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Weller, he’s a good actor. Haven’t seen him since his guest spot on Fringe.

Comment by Alex – August 19, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this show, and more amazingly, my mom likes this show, too – it’s very hard to find a TV series she actually cares enough to watch. I got her interested in it by describing Walt as being like Gibbs from NCIS, only even more technophobic! In any case, this is a really great show, and I truly hope it gets renewed.

Comment by Dreamrose – August 19, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree; it’s a great show and should be renewed.

Comment by Annie – August 19, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy you write about Longmire – so many of the other sites ignore this terrific show.

Comment by cha11 – August 19, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My one and only topic to A&E is the renewal of #Longmire for another season.

Comment by Auntie Em – August 19, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YET to be renewed??? Seriously….what the H?

Comment by Pennagirl – August 19, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love this show. Such great quality writing & acting & production. Love these characters. Need to be officially renewed ASAP. Come on, A&E!

Comment by Maya – August 19, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And me to the list of people who really need to see this show again next summer. Please renew.

Comment by Anne – August 19, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. They’d better renew it!!

Comment by Carrie – August 19, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello’s Cable Renewal column lists Longmire as a safe bet for renewal.

Comment by marianatrench – August 19, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best shows on TV by a long way. A&E show some class and renew it Pls?

Comment by Murray J – August 20, 2013 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show It needs renewal NOW! I love the writing and off beat storylines.

Comment by JAO – August 21, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show needs to be renewed. My wife, both my daughters and my grandson anxiously awaait each week for it to air. No show that I know of has spanned three generations of anxiously awaiting viewers. Please renew this show.

Comment by Jim Grisham – August 27, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too enjoy watching Longmire and sure hope it’s renewed for many more seasons!

Comment by Elaine – September 16, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thoroughly enjoy the Longmire show, but wish that the writers would let the man smile once in a while, and spend more time developing the relationship between Longmire and the blonde-haired lady. Even cops need love once in a while!

Comment by Herb Mesick – September 23, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post