Lee Thompson Young Dead at 29; Starred on Disney Channel's Jett Jackson, Rizzoli & Isles

Lee Thompson Young Dead at Age 29Disney Channel star turned Rizzoli & Isles cast member Lee Thompson Young was found dead at his Los Angeles apartment on Monday morning.

Per TMZ, which was first to report on the tragedy, the 29-year-old actor suffered a fatal gunshot wound that appeared to be self-inflicted.

ABC News has since confirmed Young’s death.

RELATED | How 22 TV Shows Handled a Cast Member’s Death

Production on the back half of Rizzoli’s current season was suspended Monday and possibly will take a short hiatus. A statement from TNT, Warner Bros. TV and Rizzoli & Isles EP Janet Tamaro reads as follows:

Everyone at Rizzoli & Isles is devastated by the news of the passing of Lee Thompson Young. We are beyond heartbroken at the loss of this sweet, gentle, good-hearted, intelligent man. He was truly a member of our family. Lee will be cherished and remembered by all who knew and loved him, both on- and offscreen, for his positive energy, infectious smile and soulful grace. We send our deepest condolences and thoughts to his family, to his friends and, most especially, to his beloved mother.

Young’s TV credits include the title role in Disney Channel’s The Famous Jett Jackson (which ran from 1998 to 2001), Scrubs, FlashForward and Smallville (where he played Cyborg). On Rizzoli, he has costarred as Detective Barry Frost since the TNT series’ pilot.

On the big screen, he played running back Chris Comer in 2004’s Friday Night Lights.

1. Myjken Roberson says:

OMG. Such a loss,,,so very sad. My heart goes about to his family and friends.

2. jane says:

I WAS ABSOLUTELY HEARTBROKEN WHEN I SAW THE NEWS AND COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND ALL AT R AND I. I WILL MISS HIM TERRIBLY NOT BEING ON THE SHOW HE WAS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES. HE SHOWED KINDNESS AND COMPASSION WHICH I AM SURE HE WAS IN REAL LIIFE – HE HAD A TERRIFIC SMILE. SO VERY VERY SAD. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

JANE…..

3. Betty Dumas says:

OMG I’m truly saddened by Frost’s passing we never know what’s going in another person’s life. We look at people’s lives and think how a wonderful of a life he had, not thinking they have problems too ! We never know what is going on in their heads. I suffer from depression it runs In my family I have lost family to suicide. I play it over in my mind, wondering if we something different would they be here, the answer is No . My condolences to his family!

4. BRANDY HURST says:

ALL I CAN DO IS ASK MYSELF HOW AND WHY IM TRYING TO IMAGIN WAT WAS SO BAD THATS WHY WE NEED TO BE MORE CLOSE COMUNICATE ASK QUESTIONS I AM JUS OVERWEHLM SOMETIMES ENOUGH ISNT ENOUGH AND TOO MUCH IS TOO MUCH WE NEED TO PRAY FROM ONE TO ANOTHER AMEN. MY HEART IS HEAVY

5. Parwin says:

RIP LEE THOMPSON YOUNG… Very….very….very…..SAD my thoughts and prayers goes out for his mom his sister and for his family and friend he was such brilliant beautiful actor and wonderful handsome sweet face and amazing soul I been depressed since the last two weeks I can’t get over his death 😭😂😪😥😓😰😅…OH FORGIVE LEE THOMPSON YOUNG LET HIS SOUL TO LIVE IN HEAVAN ….. I WISH THAT YOUR PAIN FREE LEE YOU WILL BE MISSED….😂😭😪😥😰😓😅😫😩

6. Parwin says:

RIP LEE THOMPSON YOUNG SOOOOO SAD MY HEART IS HURTING OVER This brilliant amazing actor s death…my thoughts and prayers go out to lee’s family and friends .i always loved your gorgeous beautiful eyes😂😭😪😥😓😅😰..OH DEAR GOD FORGIVE LEE THOMPSON YOUNG LET HIS SOUL LIVE IN HEAVEN OH DEAR GOD…..DEARST LEE YOU WILL BEE MISSED 😫😩😂😭😪😥😅😥😓

7. pheonix444 says:

just found out so sad he was the best I loved him the best he was the funniest

8. maggie says:

I just feel so sorry for his family and love ones. He brought joy to me on while watching the show
    . I wish people could find a better solution to there problems. Just think of the pain that is left for others that’s left behind.

9. Christine says:

Does anyone know WHY???????

10. timy says:

i saw him on the show. not very good. too bad other so-called actor types don’t follow his cue.

11. Kate says:

I can’t tell you how sorry I was to hear about Lee . He starred in The Famous Jett Jackson at just 14 years old and carried the show every week for three years. This young man had it all as far as talent went the first time I saw him I said to myself that young man has IT and he will go far. No one can say why he did what he did but we can say that this is a huge loss to the industry

12. Little Bright Feather says:

I wonder if he was another Illuminati “blood sacrifice” and did not commit suicide at all. He was not depressed and was still such a young and successful actor. Whitney Houston was an Illuminati sacrifice. There is always a suicide note if only a fake one. THis young man had it all going for him – there was no reason at all for him to do this. He was still a baby at 29, he had such a bright future. I do not believe he did this himself.

13. Shocking news when I recently starting to be able to catch up with the show and realized this sad news.

Suicide is definitely not encourage but we should never remember only the sad thing about Young; we should try and remember his good acting and joyful smiles.

May he R.I.P

14. Was shocked to hear the news about Young. He will definitely be missed. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

15. ALLEN says:

Was he on Friday night lights?