What to Watch Sunday: True Blood and 2 Other Finales, a Devious Plan, Copper Laid Low & More

true-blood-s6-finale-300On TV this weekend: True Blood’s finale looks to the future, Devious Maids turns to blackmail, the past comes back to haunt Breaking Bad and Big Brother targets two. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Big Brother (CBS) | Two contestants are nominated for possible eviction (and I continue to hope that someone, anyone will end the reign of McCranda).

8 pm Chopped (Food Network) | Chefs with connections to the food-truck business cook with a variety of strange ingredients.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

9 pm True Blood (HBO) | Season finale: Sookie examines her future with Warlow, and Bill discovers that salvation comes at a price. (Yep, renewed.)

9 pm Whodunnit (ABC) | Season finale: A final game of speed and memory determines the winner — and the identity of The Killer — at Rue Manor.

9 pm Crossing Lines (NBC) | Two-hour season finale: Louis and his wife rely on Dom, who discovers new information that may lead to the capture of the Russian. (Not yet renewed.)

9 pm Breaking Bad (AMC) | Skyler’s past catches up with her; Walt works to cover his tracks. (Step 1: Don’t leave any more major clues on top of the toilet.)

RELATED | Breaking Bad Recap: The Whitman Hits the Fan

10 pm Copper (BBC America) | Reeling from his loss, Corcoran is supported by all of Five Points, and Morehouse fights to ensure that his past is hidden.

10 pm Devious Maids (Lifetime) | Evelyn blackmails Rosie, and Marisol discovers some new information about Flora. (Plus, did you hear the good news?)

10 pm Low Winter Sun (AMC) | The DPD searches McCann’s house; Frank finds game-changing evidence.

10 pm Ray Donovan (Showtime) | Ray, Terry and Bunchy toast the anniversary of their sister’s death.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (56)

• The TB summary sounds like from a daily soap….seriously introducing Warlow was a mistake TPTB

Comment by mac – August 18, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think so at all – I’ve loved the idea of Warlow, however having a new character and keeping him chained up to a gravestone for half the season – probably not the best idea! They just need to do more with him.

Comment by Rebecca Parker – August 18, 2013 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree I like Warlow and wanted to see more of him. The season started so promising but the last few episodes were boring. I still love the show

Comment by Patchi – August 18, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Re: True Blood
        If we didn’t have Warlow, Eric and Bill would not be in the light. I can’t say that I have fallen into any attachment to the Warlow/Ben character, so I cant imagine him staying around for long. Sookie seems so unhappy and lost.

Comment by paula – August 18, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No mention of Dexter or Newsroom?

Comment by digitalred93 – August 18, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel like those are on the list of 10 every Sunday. Glad to see Crossing Lines and Ray Donovan make the “cut” this week, TVline!

Comment by Lauren – August 18, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The weird thing is that I think during the regular television season they list pretty much everything

Comment by brycealexander – August 18, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No they don’t. There are these same types of comments all year round.

Comment by Zach – August 18, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope more people start to watch Copper. It is just a fantastic show. A mix of historical drama and contemporary angst. I hope BBC America sees fit to give it a season 3, because it is really hitting its stride now.

Comment by laniek66 – August 18, 2013 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watched the whole first season, but never felt it was more than average. In terms of 19th century dramas, I think RIPPER STREET does a far superior job.

Comment by Simon Jester – August 18, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • After watching the first season of “Copper” I thought I may not watch the second, I am so glad that I did as it is IMO much better.

Comment by Rita – August 18, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Copper has really come into its own this season. Even edgier and more complex than the first season. Last week’s ep slayed me. The characters are all so 3D, jaded and imperfect. There is such a fine line between the ‘good’ guys and the ‘bad’ guys. And, after last week’s ep, I think the lead is going to go down a dark and dangerous spiral more than he already has so far. It has quickly become must see tv for me, and I TIVO Newsroom and Devious Maids so that I can watch Copper ‘live’. I really recommend giving it a 2nd chance. Hopefully TPTB will give it a Season 3 as well.

Comment by laniek66 – August 18, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ripper Street is absolutely fabulous. I do prefer it to Copper. More nuanced and its characters are so much more compelling. And it has Matthew MacFayden who is a truly remarkable actor.

Comment by liz – August 18, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They are both good shows, orphan black is a good one 2. Im keeping my eye on BBC

Comment by Jacob – August 18, 2013 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • l love both Copper and Ripper Street, but somehow Copper feels more visceral and more immediate. I would find it very difficult to give up either of them, and I will be very disappointed if it doesn’t get another season.

Comment by Maryann – August 18, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you I really liked Copper and it seemed the season is too short. I like more please!!

Comment by Lois H. – August 18, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like Copper too and have watched both seasons. Accents sometimes a little hard to understand, but hope it gets a third season.

Comment by Faye – August 18, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bought Ripper and saw the ad for Copper. I absolutely love both shows!! I don’t get BBC so have to wait for them to be released.

Comment by Laurie Emerson – August 18, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad
    Ray Donovan

Comment by DanielleZ – August 18, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one is doing anything about McCranda….

This cast is blind as well as racist/homophobic/sexist

Comment by Anon – August 18, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Crossing Lines

Comment by Steve – August 18, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter and Low Winter Sun

Comment by Andy – August 18, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad and Total Divas

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 18, 2013 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Dexter not on this list?! Every episode this season should be a “Must Watch”! lol

Comment by Jared – August 18, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True Blood
    Dexter
    Crossing Lines
    Broadchurch
    Ray Donovan
    Unforgettable

Comment by Eric – August 18, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Broadchurch airs Wednesdays at 10 on BBC America. It’s not on Sundays.

Comment by Maryann – August 18, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s on on Sundays on Showcase. Episode five shows tonight.

Comment by Regan – August 18, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First: the shows mentioned are supplemental choices. They don’t list every show on Sunday. It’s a primer.

Is it a two person eviction again on BB?

Comment by Chablis – August 18, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sunday is always a day I decide at the last minute what to watch live and what to watch within a day or two on line or on demand. Here is my must see list:

The Lady Vanishes (New Masterpiece Theater version of the classic)
    Crossing Lines
    True Blood
    Unforgettable
    Low Winter Sun
    Copper

Comment by Maryann – August 18, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter, The Newsroom, True Blood, Ray Donovan, Breaking Badly, Low Winter Sun

Comment by bobbie – August 18, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but it is crime against nature to mention Big Brother in the same Sentence as Breaking Bad.

Comment by RichCD – August 18, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Newsroom

Comment by Gwen – August 18, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m angry

Why don’t you put newsroom up there?

Comment by para – August 18, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Devious Maids

Comment by Brandy – August 18, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad
    Devious Maids

What? I like a little fluff after a gut-wrenching hour of drama.

Comment by Elizabeth – August 18, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too many great shows on Sunday. DVR is on overload! U guys ever heard that there are 6 other days in the week?

Comment by Will – August 18, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This x 1,000

Comment by The Beach – August 18, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Back BODY OF PROOF With Dana and Mark _PLEASE!!!

Comment by Marie – August 18, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Unforgettable and Whoduunit appointment viewing for anyone? Who is the viewer of Crossing Lines? I gave up on Copper last year, was that a mistake? I watch all the other major shows outside of this minus Newsroom and Chopped.

Comment by DavidSask – August 18, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watch Crossing Lines!

Comment by Jay – August 18, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too….

Do we know if/when it will be renewed?

Comment by KD – August 18, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I watch Crossing Lines and love this show! So wasted on NBC which did nothing to help promote the show at all! I would like to think it will be renewed but my hopes are low, knowing NBC… :(

Comment by KittyJules – August 19, 2013 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • David – would def recommend giving Copper another chance. It is so good this season for reasons listed in above comments.

Comment by laniek66 – August 18, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PBS The Lady Vanishes on Masterpiece Mystery.

Comment by JCK – August 18, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No mention of Food Truck Race? For shame lol. I’ll watch Dexter, Copper, Food Truck Race ,Total Divas and of course Breaking Bad and Talking Bad

Comment by Bill – August 18, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True Blood, The Newsroom, Breaking Bad!

Comment by Miles – August 18, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Brother-if only for when Amanda loses HoH and goes into the storage room to cry behind a garbage bin. Cue the goofy music.

Comment by EJ – August 18, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Ray Donovan or Unforgettable for me, thanks to the CBS- TWC kerfuffle’

Comment by HAP – August 18, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable and Secret Millionaire for me.

Comment by Justin – August 18, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad
    Crossing Lines
    Unforgettable
    The Lady Vanishes

I am hoping that poeple find and appreciate Crossing Lines. It is so much better than the similar Graceland for me.

Eager to see what they’ve done with The Lady Vanishes. I’ve seen the original Hitchcock film several times. I rarely like remakes, but once in a while they surprise me. Since this is Masterpiece Mystery, I hope this will be one of those times.

Comment by Sable – August 18, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We know who Aaryn nominated

Comment by Keith – August 18, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • true blood!

Comment by katrina – August 18, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable

Comment by Pam Mendez – August 18, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Warlow is one more character that is not needed. Get rid of Alcide,too. I like the idea of getting back to the core story. There are just too many characters. Get rid of the vamp who is all over Jason. The only new character I like is James.

Comment by Truefan – August 18, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post