White Queen Exclusive First Look: Elizabeth (Foolishly) Extends Olive Branch to Warwick

Get More: First Look, Video

Intent on thawing the noticeable chill between her and Lord Warwick, Elizabeth (Elizabeth Woodville) makes a peace offering to James Frain’s duplicitous and still-bitter Kingmaker in this Saturday’s episode of Starz’ latest period piece, The White Queen.

To say that her well-intentioned gesture is soundly rejected (or better yet, torched) is an understatement.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your snappy Queen judgments. Will you be watching Saturday’s second episode?

Loading video...

Comments (13)

• I love these period dramas. Will be watching in Sept when the show airs in Canada.

Comment by Talia – August 16, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love these kind of shows too. Did anyone watch, how was the first episode. I don’t have Starz anymore :(

Comment by Patchi – August 16, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was very enjoyable, despite some horrid dialogue in the middle of the episode.

I would give it an 7/10, since it mostly focused on the relationship between Elizabeth and the King, and not so much on the secundary characters or the political side.

Comment by armando.a – August 16, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I enjoyed it, although it could have done better with providing a little background or insight into the characters and the history. Also, there are time jumps but I’m not too clear as to how much time has passed between certain scenes. But the chemistry between the male and female leads is incredible and Max Irons is soooo pretty to look at. I also find the whole palace intrigue quite interesting so I’ll continue to watch, although I’m guessing this is not a big budget production so you won’t find any battle scenes in this series although it’s a central part of the the overall plot.

Comment by ENAD – August 16, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First episode was phenomenal. Lush, romantic and compelling. Can’t wait for episode 2.

Comment by Tracy – August 16, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I felt the same way. Plus Max Irons & Rebecca Ferguson have AMAZING chemistry!

Comment by mrwalker1 – August 16, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lush, romantic and compelling sums up The White Queen perfectly!

Comment by Alice – August 31, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the 1st episode.

Comment by Whatever – August 16, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve spent a wee amount of time trying to untangle the War of the Roses, ever since reading Josephine Tey’s “Daughter of Time”, titled as such because “Truth is the daughter of time” (Francis Bacon). The book tries to discover if Richard III did in fact kill the princes in the tower. The conclusion is a resounding “No!” But, if not, what did happen to them? For me, I think it was some plot of Margaret Beaufort, little King Henry’s mother.

Comment by bobbie – August 17, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Elizabeth Woodvill is the White Queen, Margaret Beaufort is the Red Queen.

Comment by bobbie – August 17, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really love this show! Wouldn’t mind a recap. :))

Comment by Aeol – August 17, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t normally watch these period dramas very much, normally only because my wife watches them. But on this occasion I feel compelled to say the the actress who plays Lady Margaret has demonstrated the single worst attempt at acting that I have ever witnessed. I’m not sure if this is due to poor casting or just bad acting. Evey time she’s in. Scene I cringe.

Comment by Tim – August 18, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post