The project, described as a “blistering attack on our youth-obsessed culture,” centers on Thom Payne (played by Philip Seymour Hoffman), a man facing his own obsolescence after his ad agency is taken over. Ifans will play Payne’s boss. Kathryn Hahn (Parks and Recreation) also co-stars.
Best known from his big-screen offerings, Ifans’ other credits include Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, The Five-Year Engagement and Notting Hill.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• E! has ordered six additional episodes of Total Divas (aka my new favorite show), bringing the WWE docu-series’ freshman run to a total of 14 installments.
• Pretty Little Liars’ upcoming spin-off Ravenswood looks pretty darn spooky. Take a peek at the offshoot’s debut teaser below.
• Adam Ferrara has been promoted to series regular in Nurse Jackie‘s sixth season, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Tina Fey and her 30 Rock co-showrunner Robert Carlock are back in business with NBC. Per Deadline, the pair is set to executive-produce a new workplace comedy in which a young woman reconnects with her father on Fire Island. Colleen McGuinness (also from 30 Rock) will helm the project.
• Lifetime has teamed with tragic love story novelist Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook) on Deliverance Creek, a two-hour backdoor pilot. The period drama is set near the end of the Civil War and follows a young woman defending her family’s land.
• HBO has given the green light to The Money, a new drama pilot from David Milch (NYPD Blue, Luck), Deadline reports. Starring Brendan Gleeson (Braveheart) as a mega-mogul, the project centers on wealth and corruption among the super elite.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?