Exclusive

Castle Exclusive: Client List Actress to Guest Star - What Does She Want With Rick?

Castle Season 6 Cast Alicia LaganoA staple of Lifetime’s Client List is set to storm ABC’s Castle — and she’s got urgent business with Rick.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Alicia Lagano will guest star in a Season 6 installment of the ABC drama.

RELATED | Castle‘s Nathan Fillion Weighs In on Rick’s ‘Adult Choice,’ Answers a Burning Question

Dropping by in Episode 4, Lagano will play Emma Briggs, a fugitive who takes several people hostage. For reasons unknown, however, she’ll only negotiate their release with Castle.

Lagano’s other TV credits include Major Crimes, The Mob Doctor, Bones and Dexter.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Scoop

1. Guest says:

If only Beckett would show the same level of commitement in talking to Castle…

• Tam says:

Wow! You just compared Beckett to a fugitive woman takes people hostage….pushing too far, no? There isnt even any ground for comparison o.O

• Just one thing says:

I’d like to know how Guest got to see Episodes 1-3 already. So lucky!

• Rida says:

Apparently many people have already…..what network do they have?? ;)

• Just one thing says:

I’m not sure, but I need to find this special time-machine network they’re catching, because it sounds great.
            On a serious note, though… I’m ready for some, like, actual clips of the new season or some ish. Never thought I’d actually make that request so long before Sept. 23, but there it is. I’m not even going to be ashamed about it.

• What? An episode featuring Castle that doesn’t seem to be concerned with Beckett and her issues? Hard to believe!!!

• Just one thing says:

Uh-oh. Looks like you’ve got some major catching up to do! Around 18-19 episodes aired last season that had nothing to do with Beckett and her issues. Sorry you missed them. Hope you have Hulu+!

• Danielle says:

Did you miss the synopsis for episode 3? It’s also Castle centric.

• JAY says:

Maybe she will if he start acting like a caring grown man who cares and show love for his girlfriend…

• Prince says:

*Fiance

• A Worker in the Fields says:

Ah! If you remember the season finale, you should remember that Castle proposed to Beckett. But! Beckett never gave him her answer, after he dropped down onto one knee. That is where the show ended! Him on his one knee. We have to wait until the premier of this season for the answer.

• scooby says:

Oh I assure you, Prince remembers the finale just fine. Heh. ;) Now zip it, Prince. Spoilers!

2. Lisa says:

After reading some of the plots for S6 episodes I am getting very excited. I also read that AWM and Teri Miller are penning an ep together. Can’t wait.

3. Kate says:

I don’t know this actress, but the episode sounds great!

4. Rida says:

This episode sounds like so much fun! Castle being the hostage negotiator will be hilarious i am sure. Cnt wait to see how it turns out. Also this episode is written by Terrence Paul Winter, one of the best and veteran Castle writers, so im beyond excited for this. He also wrote Cops and Robbers in which Kate was a hostage negotiator and now we get to see Castle as one too. Its gonna be great!

• Just one thing says:

As much as I prefer the show’s dramatic side, I’m looking forward to the hilarity that will ensue with this super-psycho-fan. Since the show has many, um… extreme fans of their own, it’ll be interesting to see how well they toe that self-referential line with viewers.

• John says:

Maybe she’s not a fan but instead his long-lost lesbian daughter? Give Alexis some sibling rivalry to angst over. Molly could use the screen time.

Hey if Chuck Lorre thinks it’s a good idea why ever not?

• Tom Benson says:

So you don’t consider yourself extreme??? Count the number of posts you make about this fictional show and let’s talk about extreme fans.

• Just one thing says:

I know I’ve posted a lot here. It’s a good forum to discuss news about the show with other people, without joining a fan message board or whatever. I don’t think that makes me extreme, but to each their own.
          Wait. Have YOU counted all of my posts? I’m… flattered…

5. sly says:

REMEMBER this is the episode where Castle has an obsessed fan, sounds like this woman will ONLY talk to Castle – her #1 fan! NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!

6. 4DayFillion says:

ANOTHER guest star on the show. Maybe she will have enough screentime that Nathan only has to work a 3 day week that week! Heck maybe even a two day-er! 4-day Fillion must be ecstatic!

• OneMoreTime says:

4 day Fillion? hahah thats perfect. Um yeah i am completely done with this show after Mr. Lazy Pants decided to hurt the entire crew because he wanted more days off. I work a 5 day week, so should he! that was just ridicuous all around

• ImissLost says:

It’s sad because I used to really like the guy and heard he was super nice. But no way I can support that. In this economy? It feels like a slap in the face to people like me who work hard to feed their family. I’m a mom and I have to work as hard as I can to support my kids. I used to watch castle as an escape but it’s tainted now. I won’t watch this season and honestly I don’t think other moms should either. It’s really hard out there and we shouldn’t tolerate his lazy elitest behavior

• Don’t worry, imisslost. The only people that will support his show after that horrible stunt are the same people that voted for Obama and prop 8 and all that stuff. It’s the liberal media elite rearing its ugly head but as long as we hard working Americans boycott this lazy liberal man and his “no work” attitude we will win in the end and take back Hollywood. No way someone who makes an honest living will watch someone who thinks it’s American to work 4 day weeks when people are starving.

• Concerned says:

Wow that is so refreshing to hear. I thought I was the only one who is sick of his free-wheeling, liberal LA lazy attitude. My kids used to love this show but they also read online what he did. I can’t in good conscious let them watch this again and condone that behavior. I do think enough people know about this that the ratings will hurt which is good but is there something else we should do about this? I really don’t see how any parent would think it’s ok to have their kids watch a show where the actor does that and doesn’t want to work. I don’t know about u but I earn an honest wage lol

• Angela says:

Uhhhhh…no?
            Also, I’m guessing you mean “voted against Prop 8″. Even then, though, what the hell that has to do with this, I do not know.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

And this has to do with Castle and this article how?

Like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US wouldn’t fight for a shorter work week if we could afford it, to spend more time with our family and friends, and enjoy life more. You may be all “hard working ‘Mercan makin’ an honest livin’” but you, along with any one else that’s a HUMAN BEING, would jump at the chance to make the same money and work less hours. So don’t be fake annoyed. It’s silly and immature.

Your “liberals suck” rant is absurd, and completely out of place on a tv show message board.

Have you considered that without much of the “liberal Hollywood” donating money to charities, we’d have even more starving people, because so many of the conservatives are all about NOT helping people

Politics in this country amaze me. Both sides are full of idiots, but unfortunately, the conservatives take the cake on creating their own off kilter view of reality.

• Christina says:

While I’m still going to support the show, since I’m hopelessly addicted, just wanted to say that I love that you brought the entitlement attitude that persists in America into this. It bugs the crap out of me, and something needs to be done to reward hardworking Americans.
            That being said though, I do think a vast majority of the Castle crew is hardworking (though liberal-leaning), and for that we should reward them with views to keep their jobs.

• John says:

“horrible stunt”? He missed ONE day with big odds the other 4 were 12 or 15 hours each so do the math. It;s not like he hung puppies, that would be the NFL quarterback over in the City of Brotherly Love.

BTW? “liberal media elite”? Remote controlled indeed.

:D

• Maria says:

Well my sister-in-law is a mom, and she works 4 days a week. She’s a nurse, and the hospital schedules her for 40 hours, but they have their nurses work 4 10-hour days instead of the traditional 5 8-hour days. Is it okay if she still watches Castle? Does she have your permission?

• Just one thing says:

Assuming you lot, both above and below, are truly the former Castle fans you’re claiming to be, I think it is unfortunate that you’re givings up on a show that you supposedly liked because of behind-the-scenes politics that got leaked.
        Did you not also like the other actors/characters who contributed to the show? Did you not also value the hard work of the writers, directors and 150+ crew members who contributed to the show? Did you rely solely on the belief that the lead actor was perfect and, upon finding he was less than so, decide that your alleged devotion was no longer worth the time?
        I’m trying to understand how the first-ever publicized backstage shenanigans have to do with the show as a whole. But maybe that’s a mystery I’m not meant to crack.
        And I’m not even gonna touch the outrageous “liberal” allegations/bashing with a Sarah Palin-shaped pole…

• JuneB says:

Wow, in your simple minded world I guess it is much easier to believe the worst in people, rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt. Someone with an impeccable working rep as well. I know it takes more thought than you can manage, but did you ever consider the fact that he might’ve been negotiating on behalf of the whole cast and crew since as the lead in the show he has the most leverage. Obviously something like that would never occur to you and your fellow narrow minded friends. And obviously as you all know so much about Nathan personally, you must really hate all the money he has raised for food for the hungry in this country, clean water for everyone and children’s reading programs worldwide. What a horrible lazy man indeed! How much money have you raised for charity?? And the whole 5 day work week. If you added all the hours actors spend working and being on set, it would add up to a 10 day work week, so consider yourself lucky you only work 5 days. As for hurting the Castle crew, I follow several of the shows crewmembers on Twitter and Nathan has always had the utmost respect for his fellow cast and crew and the crew return those feelings about Nathan tenfold. Perhaps you should know what your talking about before you speak otherwise we could make many unflattering and misinformed assumptions about you too.

• PEL says:

Are you aware that he ony asked 4 days for himself, so the crew will still work 5 ometimes 6 days a week. ???? So he doesn’t hurt them in any ways

• Alan says:

its a crime show, they kinda need guest stars to commit crime or their would be no show.

7. KyraB says:

Yeah it sucks but u guys are right. Look, its hard for me to say, but people who recognize my SN here know ive been posting about Castle here (and at Ew.com and televisionwithoutpity) for years. He** my name is Alyssa Mliano’s character’s! But as much as I (hate to admit it) this whole debacle is obviously a case of the liberal media burying a story so the (liberal) rich can get richer. I know its frustrating. I mean I have a popular blog/tumblr all about Castle but no, I don’t really want to continue it no matter how many emails I get until he gives an apology. but whats extra sad is that seems like fat chance.

• CastleFan says:

Nooooooo KyraB!!! I love ur blog and ur funny Castle musings! I loved ur gifs from the “Countdown” episode. I know Nathan sucks after that and I wouldn’t watch him in any non-castle stuff after what he did but I think we need to separate the character from the actor!!1 Just think it over.;.

8. liz says:

All this vitriole against Fillion is sad. Now I don’t know the reasons behind his situation, but there is a lot of research that has been done to suggest that a 4 or 3 day work week is more productive and better for employees. Longer work days, just fewer. It equals out to the same work hours, just restructured differently. Many many employers have switched to this model.
    And I’m sure it would work on a film set. I’m sure the crew would appreciate having more days off to spend with their families (or even get another job if they wanted).
    I’m not saying this is what happened in this instance, but to think there aren’t any reasonable reasons behind such a decision is just obtuse.

• John says:

The challenge would be the production days are already long, 12 to 15 hours is routine, so perhaps a rescheduling of any scenes he’s in? But he’s in most of them… so that means adding days to the production cycle and I don’t know if they have room (and the money) for that. Cutting back on his screen time could be an option, but he’s the title character….

• Just one thing says:

I agree, John. Since the news broke, I think the most logical assumption was that they would simply cut back on his number of scenes, which would naturally shift story focus away from Castle to other characters. It’s something I hope fans are at least prepared for, in case that ends up happening. (Because I doubt that’s going to be publicized to any degree by the show or network.) It’s been hinted at by multiple people associated with the show though, so hopefully people don’t freak out too much.
        I can’t explain it, but I do feel like they’ve taken a bit longer to complete episodes. They were only on Episode 3 as of last week, and judging by the way casting information gets released, they’re probably on Episode 4 this week. In addition to the creation of new sets and whatnot, that might also partially explain why they were the first ABC show to start production this summer.

9. Dave says:

Wow…these commenters downing NF sound like clowns. Don’t have anything approaching a full story, but yeah, let’s just bash a guy who has a lengthy history of both professional and personal generosity.

Yeah…that’s a really really intelligent choice to make. Lol wow.

• Astrid says:

Yes indeed, I really don’t get those people.

• Mary says:

Precisely! When people are stupid, they really are stupid! So, boycoting a show and making your children not watch, because you don´t agree with something you don´t even know the whole story is mature?!
      Well, know what? I ALSO work hard 5 days a week, but I surely don´t work 10, or over, hours a day, And I don´t go to work at 3 or 4 in the morning because that´s when a location or something is available! But I know the actors and crew do, not only in this show, but on TV in general! So, who am I to say anything about the actor´s requests? For all I know, he might even be doing this not only for him but for ALL the ones who work on the show!
      And, funny thing, if people are boycoting the show, why do they even enter an article related?! If I was doing the same, I wouldn´t bother reading the article, let alone comment on it! But that´s me, I´m probably not a mature person:)

10. Brenda Dempsey says:

A lot of hatred here for fillion. To be honest I wouldn’t be overly impressed by recent stories either but nobody knows the truth behind them and if you stopped watching a television show for those reasons then none of us would watch tv at all!! There are always rumours and gossip surrounding popular shows and half the time they are bull. It’s part and parcel of Hollywood isn’t it?

11. leigh says:

One comment: there are SEVEN other actors who make up the cast besides Nathan Fillion. The stupidity of your comments about boycotting the show just because of the ASSUMED actions of one of the stars affects them and they did nothing to earn your disdain. So get over it all ready. You guys sound like fair-weather fans when your sports team sucks – you just look for reasons to complain. If you really want to do some investigating on a cover-up, look into the Bengazi Fiasco.

That said, I am hugely looking forward to season six. This show is so much fun that it makes me forget for just a while about my seven day work week and relax from the stress. Enjoy this show for what it is and be happy its here. :D And thanks to tvline for the castle coverage!

12. itbean says:

So those that say they are boycotting the show because of what NF did, that he hurt the cast and crew by doing this, what do you think your boycotting is going to do?

I work hard 5 days a week like a lot of people, but if I had the opportunity to work 3 or 4 days instead of five, you bet you a** I would jump at that.

People need to get there heads outta the sand.

13. Castle Fan says:

Some of you must live pretty sad lives. . My advice: Those you wanting to boycott because of Fillion? GROW UP. Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats. The same holds true for all you twerps boycotting the first few episodes because you want like the DC-angle.

14. Harrison Davis says:

What Nathan Fillion did was a disgrace to all the other cast members, crew & production who are still working the normal 8 days of filming. If he wants to stop the vitriol against him, he must apologize. He espouses “kindness” in all his messages but what he did, stopping production by not showing up in protest of what he demanded is uber inkind in my book.

Apologize & say what’s been reported about you isn’t true Nathan Fillion. Easy for you to do since you’re online often. That’s the only way to stop this so called “rumor” if it is truly a rumor. By the looks of things, it isn’t because he’s been seen in places & at amusement parks lately in the light of day & alas on work days at that. So I don’t know, sure looks like he does only work a 4 day week. The rest of the cast & production crew still work the full load…..

• Mary says:

Oh, and in your opinion to who should he apologize? Since anyone from the cast, crew or production complained, surely not to them…and before you jump and say they didn´t complain because they were told so, I´m already “answering” that you would be assuming it since you couldn´t base it on anything!
      So, you probably think he should apologize to you, and others who think like you, because he dared to ask for something for himself concerning HIS work, and didn´t even think of doing the same for you! Because if you, or anybody else for that matters, could ask to work the same in less days wouldn´t do it, sure…yeah, right, whatever! And yes, work the same, because I´m sure when he asked working one day less, he knew that would come with even more hours a day…

• Harrison Davis says:

All he needs to do is go on Twitter the way he seems to be doing on a “hard & tedious” day at the office lazing around in his very comfy airconditioned trailer with all the toys imaginable while waiting to be called on set & say it short & sweet: “Rumors that were spreading online recently are NOT true. Don’t believe any of it, all rubbish! None of that ever happened! I will not ever do that to my co-workers, production staff & crew while Season 6 has only just started filming.”

Easy to do if his conscience is clear & he wanted to clear the air, most especially clear his name & set the record straight.
        Ahhh but hell will freeze over before Mr. Fillion will be “kind” enough to say that he indeed wanted to have a 4 day work week & everyone else can continue working their usual 8 day filming days. They just have to adjust their schedules to fit his from now on.

• Concerned says:

100% agree with you!!!! I would love if he did that, but I doubt it as well.

• Mary says:

Once again…why should he apologize? And why should he say those rumours are true or not? That´s his business, no one from cast or crew complained…if they had, or if they ever do, then yes he should aplogize to them, and only them!

• Concerned says:

I really am unsure of your argument here. It’s become part of the public forum, so it’s no longer private and no longer his business alone. That’s like saying Paula Deen shouldn’t apologize for that whole mess because she said the words in private. Well, it’s out there, there’s a lot of misconceptions obviously, so why shouldn’t he speak out about it just to clear the air? Its worse to say nothing.

I just don’t think your argument holds a candle in this day and age where everything is made public and commented on. There were maybe dozens of news stories about it, posted on sites just like this. That stuff just doesn’t go away.

• liz says:

There might be legal reasons he’s not allowed to speak about it. And again, we lack the information to make a judgement on the issue. Fillion might have a 4 day week now but so too might the other costars AND a huge portion of the crew. He does seem like a genuinely nice, pleasant man and I don’t doubt there’s a legit reason behind this decision.

• Concerned says:

“And again, we lack the information to make a judgement on the issue.”

I understand you’re trying to defend him but you don’t seem to see thats my exact point im making. BECAUSE we lack 100% of the information, even more reason why a statement by him, the producers, or ABC needs to be made. thats exactly why.

15. Julie says:

Wow just when I thought I’d seen it all…. These comments are hilarious. I love how people think they know the entire cast and the situations that go on just by reading the internet. Thanks for the laughs, I needed that today. I think this episode sounds fun. I can’t wait until it starts up again, now we just need some clips!

16. Harrison Davis says:

Let’s all continue to enjoy the show & watch every Monday night starting on Sept. 23rd nonetheless because Season 6 will be great! Everyone else is working extra hard to give us a great great show.

17. Emmakingg says:

I don’t care about their personal lives or business. I’m just thankful for a great show such as Castle and am super excited for season 6…

• Concerned says:

Wow I so disagree. I boycotted chick fil a after their terrible practices how is this any different?

• Concerned says:

Again I have to add I’m just shocked by that kind of naive ignorant thinking. U 100% should be educated by their personal lives and business and it 100% does make a difference. Geez wow

• OneLifeToLive says:

Don’t sweat it, Concerned, it’s ridiculous how people want to take zero responsibility for the media they consume and the programs they watch. I think u said it great above, everyone hates Paula Dean for what she did but if someone refuses to work an honest work week, that gets a pass? Ridiculous. It’s all ridiculous. Everyone needs to be more aware any less ignorant of what they are watching and absolutely 100% yea, the behind the scenes politics DO matter. It’s idiotic and frankly embarresing as human beings if u don’t think so