What to Watch Monday: King & Maxwell's Case Closed, Birth's Bachelorette Bash and More

king-and-maxwell-300On TV this Monday: King & Maxwell’s first season ends, it’s party time on Switched at Birth, Dexter takes on The Writers’ Room and The Glades keeps things civil. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

5 – 8 pm Roseanne (WeTV) | Celebrate the sitcom’s 25th anniversary with the first of many mini-“Roseannathons,” scattered through Sept. 22.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

8 pm CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock (ABC) | Country band Little Big Town introduces highlights from the four-day music festival.

8 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Bay and Daphne throw a bachelorette party for Nikki, while Toby’s bachelor party is impacted by a call from Simone.

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Monday — Rick Castle Vs. James Spader and Other DVR Dilemmas

9 pm Breaking Pointe (CW) | Adam makes a decision about Rex’s role; Allison receives unexpected news.

9 pm The Glades (A&E) | When a man is killed by a Civil War reenactor’s sword, Jim must find which imaginary soldier committed a real murder.

9 pm Major Crimes (TNT) | The squad rushes to deal with a killer whom they believe is part of a larger criminal enterprise.

RELATED | Teen Wolf Scoop on Lydia and the Aug. 19 Midseason Finale

10 pm Under the Dome (CBS) | Junior is shattered when he learns the truth about his mother’s death. (Come on, can Junior really go further off the deep end?) Watch a video sneak peek.

10 pm The Writers’ Room (Sundance Channel) | Michael C. Hall and the creative team behind Dexter discuss their process.

10 pm Siberia (NBC) | Esther is the object of an angry verbal attack by all the others, who fear for their lives in the wilderness.

10 pm King & Maxwell (TNT) | Season finale: Sean’s investigation of the Ritter assassination threatens to end his partnership with Michelle as she considers returning to the Secret Service. Catherine Bell (JAG, Army Wives) guest-stars. (Not yet renewed.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

GET MORE: Finales, Premieres, Previews, What to Watch

1. SK says:

Under the Dome
    When is Mistresses back?

2. Elyse says:

Live: Switched at Birth
    DVR: The Glades, Under the Dome and Teen Wolf

3. FatherOctavian says:

Isn’t tonight the episode where Stiles and Lydia kiss on “Teen Wolf”?

4. The Rookie says:

Catherine Bell should guess star on Rizzoli and Isles or NCIS. :)

5. Andy says:

Teen Wolf and King & Maxwell. Hopefully K&M gets renewed. It’s been an entertaining first season and there’s a lot more story they can still tell.

6. Joey says:

Under The Dome and Writers Room.

7. Jon says:

I stopped watching Under the Dome, the minute I heard it was going to last more than one season.

• SK says:

Isn’t that a shame though? I didn’t stop watching it but am not really sure I want to watch the 2nd season. I watched it because it was Stephen King, I read the book and it was a 13 episode mini-series. Even though it was not following the book at all, I still continued to watch because I want to see how they will end it but now that there’s no ending in sight, I’m not so sure. My husband is not so sure either.

• wrstlgirl says:

That’s to bad. The episodes just keep getting better and better, last week was awesome and I expect this weeks to be even better. Everyone in my house is lovin’ the show.

• Mzglorybe says:

Same at this household. It’s been the best summer show this season, in our humble opinion. We look forward to it, even though it’s been “Hollywood-ized” for TV from the original novel.

8. Jimpy says:

Mythbusters-Breaking Bad special!

9. Eric7740 says:

Major Crimes
    The Real Housewives of OC Reunion!!!

10. Switched at Birth (two episodes left) and WWE Monday Night Raw (six days before SummerSlam).

11. Brandy says:

Switched at Birth,Breaking Pointe

12. wrstlgirl says:

The Glades, Longmire (most underrated show ever), Under the Dome, Teen Wolf

13. Gina says:

Well, since The Fosters isn’t on I’m going to be watching Major Crimes live.

14. lynn says:

TEEN WOLF and KING & MAXWELL !! Really hoping for a second season of K&M !!!

15. bobbie says:

Longmire, Under the Dome, and King & Maxwell.

16. Mzglorybe says:

Re King & Maxwell… Didn’t read the series by Baldacci, but don’t imagine it was as silly as many scenes seem to be on TV. The show is ok, but more real drama as opposed to the light bantering would help. Love all the actors, Jon and Rebecca are great together, and the characters of Edgar and Benny add a lot to the show.

• Barb says:

K&M is ‘light entertainment’ – doesn’t taxes the brain too much. They have very little in common with the books themselves which are highly enjoyable themselves. The characters are likeable on the show but I just wish they brought more elements from the books.

17. Abby says:

Teen Wolf – can’t wait!

18. Justin says:

King & Maxwell , Major Crimes and Under the Dome

• papnana says:

We will be watching the same as you Justin. We can’t wait for King & Maxwell each week & so sorry that the last episode is here (tonite) already! Major Crimes is another one that we wait for each week. Not sure of Under the Dome (so far that is) We really hope K & M gets renewed for another season, really like Edgar & Benny & yes they do add a lot to the show:)

19. G says:

American Ninja Warrior, and Get out Alive.

20. G says:

American Ninja Warrior, Get Out Alive, and probably check out the CMA special.

21. arial2 says:

LONGMIRE! This is one of the best shows on tv right now, way better than its “partnered” show, The Glades. I don’t understand Rebecca’s continuing prejudice against this great series.

22. Dave says:

LONGMIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello? It’s going to go the way of Southland if this keeps up!

23. Tami says:

Why isn’t LONGMIRE on the list? It’s really the best-written and acted show of all, the only one I’m interested in watching tonight. 10pm on A&E!!!!

24. DeLaRosa says:

The Glades and Longmire are my Monday night staples in the summertime. I did enjoy Mistresses and can’t wait till it comes back. But nothing beats Jim & Callie. I love Carlos too! I wish this site covered The Glades and Longmire more. #TheGladesRules

25. JC says:

I would love to see King & Maxwell get another season, but I’m not expecting it. The ratings are just not good. :( It’s too bad though. I’ve really been enjoying it this summer.

26. Really hope KING & MAXWELL is renewed !!!

27. suncitysandy says:

Hope King & Maxwell is renewed. I read all of David Balducci’s books and although the series is “lighter” it is still enjoyable. Love Longmire, very underrated, Bailey Chase was in Saving Grace and ATWT. Enjoy Under the Dome, but the book was too long and I passed on it. Most Stephen King’s books are too convoluted for me. The Glades is “enjoyable” but I do not like the actor or maybe it is just how he is written, very irritating to me.

28. tp says:

I had to officially give up on The Glades tonight. The character of Jim is just unbearable now. Nothing like he was when the series started.