What to Watch Monday: King & Maxwell's Case Closed, Birth's Bachelorette Bash and More

king-and-maxwell-300On TV this Monday: King & Maxwell’s first season ends, it’s party time on Switched at Birth, Dexter takes on The Writers’ Room and The Glades keeps things civil. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

5 – 8 pm Roseanne (WeTV) | Celebrate the sitcom’s 25th anniversary with the first of many mini-“Roseannathons,” scattered through Sept. 22.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

8 pm CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock (ABC) | Country band Little Big Town introduces highlights from the four-day music festival.

8 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Bay and Daphne throw a bachelorette party for Nikki, while Toby’s bachelor party is impacted by a call from Simone.

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Monday — Rick Castle Vs. James Spader and Other DVR Dilemmas

9 pm Breaking Pointe (CW) | Adam makes a decision about Rex’s role; Allison receives unexpected news.

9 pm The Glades (A&E) | When a man is killed by a Civil War reenactor’s sword, Jim must find which imaginary soldier committed a real murder.

9 pm Major Crimes (TNT) | The squad rushes to deal with a killer whom they believe is part of a larger criminal enterprise.

RELATED | Teen Wolf Scoop on Lydia and the Aug. 19 Midseason Finale

10 pm Under the Dome (CBS) | Junior is shattered when he learns the truth about his mother’s death. (Come on, can Junior really go further off the deep end?) Watch a video sneak peek.

10 pm The Writers’ Room (Sundance Channel) | Michael C. Hall and the creative team behind Dexter discuss their process.

10 pm Siberia (NBC) | Esther is the object of an angry verbal attack by all the others, who fear for their lives in the wilderness.

10 pm King & Maxwell (TNT) | Season finale: Sean’s investigation of the Ritter assassination threatens to end his partnership with Michelle as she considers returning to the Secret Service. Catherine Bell (JAG, Army Wives) guest-stars. (Not yet renewed.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (49)

• Under the Dome
    When is Mistresses back?

Comment by SK – August 12, 2013 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: Switched at Birth
    DVR: The Glades, Under the Dome and Teen Wolf

Comment by Elyse – August 12, 2013 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t tonight the episode where Stiles and Lydia kiss on “Teen Wolf”?

Comment by FatherOctavian – August 12, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Catherine Bell should guess star on Rizzoli and Isles or NCIS. :)

Comment by The Rookie – August 12, 2013 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, if one of JAG’s original characters could be brought back for an appearance, it should only be fair that Mac does, too!

Comment by Steve F. – August 12, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What did Ms. Bell do to her face? I was a bit shocked when I saw her on King & Maxwell.

Comment by ACQ – August 12, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want to see Catherine Bell back on Army Wives, is that ever coming back? We only got a few episodes this season before they subbed Maids in their spot.

Comment by Mzglorybe – August 12, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teen Wolf and King & Maxwell. Hopefully K&M gets renewed. It’s been an entertaining first season and there’s a lot more story they can still tell.

Comment by Andy – August 12, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree about K&M!! Really enjoying that show and hope they give it a second season. Love Edgar and Benny, too.

Comment by Katherine215 – August 12, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree about everything said by Andy and Katherine. I really hope K&M is renewed for S2.

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – August 12, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So hard to believe “Edgar” was “Opie” on Sons Of Anarchy… Love K&M!

Comment by Edward Gein – August 12, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Love King & Maxwell and Bennie & Edgar made this show great – Hope this gets another season!!

Comment by Joanster – August 12, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen – really love King and Maxwell and all the characters. Hope they get a 2nd season!!

Comment by Bhumble – August 12, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Just love the show!

Comment by Kimberly Campbell – August 12, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • K&M is a keeper! With Baldacci’s book series as a base, the stories can go on for years!

Comment by Gailkate – August 12, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good call. I really like King & Maxwell too. Very entertaining show.

Comment by Justin – August 12, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • King & Maxwell would be a #1 hit on a regular network. I hope they bring it back soon!

Comment by Edward Gein – August 12, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Under The Dome and Writers Room.

Comment by Joey – August 12, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching Under the Dome, the minute I heard it was going to last more than one season.

Comment by Jon – August 12, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t that a shame though? I didn’t stop watching it but am not really sure I want to watch the 2nd season. I watched it because it was Stephen King, I read the book and it was a 13 episode mini-series. Even though it was not following the book at all, I still continued to watch because I want to see how they will end it but now that there’s no ending in sight, I’m not so sure. My husband is not so sure either.

Comment by SK – August 12, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s to bad. The episodes just keep getting better and better, last week was awesome and I expect this weeks to be even better. Everyone in my house is lovin’ the show.

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 12, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same at this household. It’s been the best summer show this season, in our humble opinion. We look forward to it, even though it’s been “Hollywood-ized” for TV from the original novel.

Comment by Mzglorybe – August 12, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mythbusters-Breaking Bad special!

Comment by Jimpy – August 12, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes
    The Real Housewives of OC Reunion!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – August 12, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth (two episodes left) and WWE Monday Night Raw (six days before SummerSlam).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 12, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth,Breaking Pointe

Comment by Brandy – August 12, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Glades, Longmire (most underrated show ever), Under the Dome, Teen Wolf

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 12, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, since The Fosters isn’t on I’m going to be watching Major Crimes live.

Comment by Gina – August 12, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEEN WOLF and KING & MAXWELL !! Really hoping for a second season of K&M !!!

Comment by lynn – August 12, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire, Under the Dome, and King & Maxwell.

Comment by bobbie – August 12, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Re King & Maxwell… Didn’t read the series by Baldacci, but don’t imagine it was as silly as many scenes seem to be on TV. The show is ok, but more real drama as opposed to the light bantering would help. Love all the actors, Jon and Rebecca are great together, and the characters of Edgar and Benny add a lot to the show.

Comment by Mzglorybe – August 12, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • K&M is ‘light entertainment’ – doesn’t taxes the brain too much. They have very little in common with the books themselves which are highly enjoyable themselves. The characters are likeable on the show but I just wish they brought more elements from the books.

Comment by Barb – August 12, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teen Wolf – can’t wait!

Comment by Abby – August 12, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • King & Maxwell , Major Crimes and Under the Dome

Comment by Justin – August 12, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We will be watching the same as you Justin. We can’t wait for King & Maxwell each week & so sorry that the last episode is here (tonite) already! Major Crimes is another one that we wait for each week. Not sure of Under the Dome (so far that is) We really hope K & M gets renewed for another season, really like Edgar & Benny & yes they do add a lot to the show:)

Comment by papnana – August 12, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Ninja Warrior, and Get out Alive.

Comment by G – August 12, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Ninja Warrior, Get Out Alive, and probably check out the CMA special.

Comment by G – August 12, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LONGMIRE! This is one of the best shows on tv right now, way better than its “partnered” show, The Glades. I don’t understand Rebecca’s continuing prejudice against this great series.

Comment by arial2 – August 12, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LONGMIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello? It’s going to go the way of Southland if this keeps up!

Comment by Dave – August 12, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why isn’t LONGMIRE on the list? It’s really the best-written and acted show of all, the only one I’m interested in watching tonight. 10pm on A&E!!!!

Comment by Tami – August 12, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Glades and Longmire are my Monday night staples in the summertime. I did enjoy Mistresses and can’t wait till it comes back. But nothing beats Jim & Callie. I love Carlos too! I wish this site covered The Glades and Longmire more. #TheGladesRules

Comment by DeLaRosa – August 12, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see King & Maxwell get another season, but I’m not expecting it. The ratings are just not good. :( It’s too bad though. I’ve really been enjoying it this summer.

Comment by JC – August 12, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hope KING & MAXWELL is renewed !!!

Comment by Houston Bagwell – August 12, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope King & Maxwell is renewed. I read all of David Balducci’s books and although the series is “lighter” it is still enjoyable. Love Longmire, very underrated, Bailey Chase was in Saving Grace and ATWT. Enjoy Under the Dome, but the book was too long and I passed on it. Most Stephen King’s books are too convoluted for me. The Glades is “enjoyable” but I do not like the actor or maybe it is just how he is written, very irritating to me.

Comment by suncitysandy – August 12, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to officially give up on The Glades tonight. The character of Jim is just unbearable now. Nothing like he was when the series started.

Comment by tp – August 12, 2013 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post