True Blood Recap: Die Another Day

true blood recap season 6Though Sookie gnaws open her own wrist to revive Warlow in “Life Matters,” this Sunday’s True Blood – the season’s penultimate – she refuses to allow Bill to take her fiancé away to save all the series regulars from the Sun Parlor of Doom. “Get Eric to give everyone transfusions,” she suggests (not verbatim) before blasting her ex out of fairy land. “After all, since his attack on Warlow, he has more of the half-fae, half-vamp’s blood in him than Warlow does.” But it doesn’t turn out to be Eric who gets drained and plays the hero. Who does? Read on and find out!

THE MORE, THE BURIER | After Sookie Star Trek beams into Terry’s funeral – possibly the longest memorial in recorded history for a B player (I loved him, too, but half the episode? Really?) – we catch up on the latest gossip (Hoyt’s mama reveals that he has a homely new girlfriend), flash back to the deceased’s first encounters with Arlene, Sam and Lafayette, and get treated to a somber musical number. “I really don’t see,” Grandma Bellefleur remarks afterward, “what was the point of that.” Priceless.

REVENGE IS SWEET | Meanwhile, Eric daywalks into Vamp Camp, turns loose the prisoners and rips! the! junk! off! of the torture doc who infected Nora with hep V. Later, happening upon Jason looking particularly anemic, he heals the hunk with his blood and teases, “When you dream of me, dream of nice things.” Next, Eric’s about to kill the resident shrink… until the sleazoid brags that he’ll die happy because he got to bang Pam. Hearing this, Eric decides to save the “honor” of dispatching him for his firstmade.

true blood steve dies season 6DON’T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME | Just outside of Vamp Camp, Sarah – blathering Bible quotations every step of the way – scales the Sun Parlor of Doom and exposes Jessica, Tara, Willa and Co. to the light. But aha! She’s too late. Bill has already made his way to Vamp Camp, finished what Eric started with the torture doc (by stomping on his head) and realized that he doesn’t need Eric at all, he can use his own Warlow-saturated blood to feed and thus save everyone. The only fanger not spared? Steve. Thrust into the glare by Eric, Sarah’s former husband looks up at her and yells, “I love you… Jason Stackhouse!” Classic.

LIVE TO TELL | Being fed on by a roomful of desperate vampires takes such a toll on Bill that Lilith’s version of the Supremes – you know, the three bloody, naked Lil Liliths – show up and tell him, “Your time on earth is over.” To which he responds more or less, “Hell to the no!” And luckily, all it takes to perk him up again is for James to feed him back some of the blood he so generously shared. (Gee, that was easy!)

THE TURNING POINT | Upon apprehending Sarah, a furious Jason yells that if she can talk to God, he can talk to Jesus, and “he says to tell you you’re an average [bleepin’] lay.” Aca-ouch. Jesus also says it’s okay for Jason to bring a permanent end to Sarah’s reign of terror. But when push comes to shove, he just can’t pull the trigger. Nearby, Pam and Eric exchange a meaningful look. “Don’t you dare leave me,” she whispers. Yet he does exactly that, flying off into the wild blue yonder.

OK, your turn. What did you think of the episode? Did you enjoy the funeral? (I was a big Terry fan, but did he have to be eulogized by even cousin Portia?) Were you relieved or disappointed that Jason didn’t do away with Sarah? Do you think Eric is really gone for good? Hit the comments.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. wrstlgirl says:

Loved the funeral, it was very touching and a great tribute to Terry and Todd Lowe. The part that I thought was stupid was Bill feeding all the vamps. Seemed very disjointed from him arriving at the camp and then suddenly Eric finding him in the white room. Bad editing. They need to rid us of this Lilith crap and bring back the old Bill. I loved Jason and Eric working together and am looking forward to those “dreams”, they better not rob us of that.

2. filmboymichael says:

Well, if Sara was done away with last night, that would have been the finale – yes? no? I think she needs to go down in an epic way – she is perhaps the best villain since Rene in season 1 – not all villains need to be supernatural!

3. jen says:

This season started off very strong but the past few episodes have been so slow. I guess the producers loves Terry way more than the viewers. With only 2 episodes left in a super short 10 episode season, I was tremendously disappointed. At the very least, I was hoping the super long funeral scene was going to parallel a big death in the story line at the camp.

4. Hiya says:

This was one of the best episodes ever. Best in years. True Blood has finally remembered what made the show tick. This show is about the people of Bon Temps – not vampires or shifters or weres.

5. jojo nauti says:

Big fan of the books! I was so excited when it became a series and very well written with unexpected twists. This season started great, but the past 4 episodes have been disappointing, its like there is no script or story line. Its been long and drawn out and hokey. Its obvious the great writing is gone and I agree with a previous comment. The show has jumped the shark. I just can’t imagine where they will take the story line. I loved the show and its like watching a loved one that’s ill, its not going to get better… So sad.

6. Lola says:

I don’t understand why everyone is complaining about the funeral. I thought it was great and turned the focus back on the human element of the show. Loved Grandma and as always, loved Lafayette!

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m always amused by people who watch a TV show that they obviously don’t really like. Guess it’s true what they say about people just love to complain.

7. Plum says:

Eric had amazing moments this season, especially in this ep, he was soulful and scary as hell without saying a word. I love Jason Stackhouse too, I’m sad to see Steve Newlin go. I hope he’s in the afterlife partying with Franklin Mott.

8. jason says:

im a fanboi for True Blood. its like one of those shows you watch and you say “that was a great show, i’m so glad i got to watch it.”. and then you wish that other people would be nice and not bad mouth your favorite show.

9. Nahuel says:

Awsome episode. Kill all humans. And even though it was kind of long, Terry’s goodbye was beautiful and a very nice gesture of the writers to pay an homage to one of the characters that was in the show since the first day. And also remembering that this show (based on the books) is NOT just a vampire thing… It’s about vampires and supernatural beings mingled with regular humans. And even though I love vampires it was the first season that I loved the human part (maybe it’s because after reading the books you get a different vision of the story as a whole, even though the stories are completely different at this point).

10. Bobby says:

Incredible episode. The moving tribute to Terry was flawless and the bloody vengeance at the hands of the vamps in vamp camp superb. I can’t wait to see what the finale holds.

11. John Moshier says:

you think he died in real life the longest eualgy I ever saw way to long took up half the show is he realy dead maybe his character is realy dieing

12. Scott says:

Interesting that so few here understand the funeral scenes. It wasn’t just about Terry, it was about all of the mainly human characters on the show. it was as much about Sookie, Sam, Lafayette, Big John as it was about Terry, and for me anyway it added a layer of humanity back to the show.

13. Dottie says:

I thought the funeral was fitting as the “B” character Terry protected Sookie a number of times throughout the six seasons. Did Portia need to give a eulogy? No. But it was all still awkward enough to be in Terry’s style.
    After a few years of Eric being darn near human in emotion, I was thrilled to see him return to his Viking-like stance and taking care of business. Could he get any sexier? I think it will be fitting for him to take a brief exit and return once things have cooled down between he and Bill. I can’t figure out if they have a bromance or are frenemies, lol. If the writers use some good creativity but stay true to the characters they should be able to bring Eric back without it being too cheesy. Either way I haven’t enjoyed an episode like that since the wolves and Franklin!

14. Mikael says:

I think this season is doing a good job of cleaning up the mess that was last season. It’s getting back on track, and I think next season will be great. My only gripes are that Sookie fell for Warlow way too quickly. They should’ve shown her being drawn to him out of her control. And what was up with Warlow trying to come through the mirror last season all scary but he’s actually a hot guy? I think maybe in trying to clean up last season’s mess, they did a 180 on what Warlow was going to be? The Billith stuff needs to go away. I think Bill should die, sacrificing himself for Sookie in some way and redeeming himself.

15. Ken says:

If this horrible season of True Blood , serves a purpose, like bringing back the REAL Eric Northman (That we finally saw Sunday night), then so be it. That wussified Eric was pissing me off. Also, I know the books were based on Sookie, but god damn, can we just kill her off already She is the least entertaining and most annoying character on the show.

16. TrueFan1 says:

I am new to show and site however I liked the funeral and LaLa rocked that suit and hat! Sookie is trampy, Sam moved on to another girl in days after Lina’s death. I ate the name given to Andy’s daughter. Jason is just Jason but without him the show wouldnt be the same. Warllow should be killed by anyone, it doesnt matter. Glad to see Steve Newland go and was excited his wife was going to go but she makes for a good villianess(if thats okay to say). Jessica has moved on from her fellongs for Jason. He did dog her out with harsh words and treatment. Bill is more bad than good but he still has the ability to do good. Terry deserved to have a funeral despite how long. I have been to some very long funerals! Pam and Tara should rekindle the fire as should Eric and Sookie because her chemistry with him was better and stronger than anyone she slept with. Eric is a bad guy who has a great deal of good and love to share besides that, he gets the job done. If he doesnt come back, they need to end the show.