Exclusive

The Following Exclusive: Boss' Connie Nielsen Joins Season 2 as [Spoiler]'s New Love Interest

the following connie nielsenThe Following continues to expand its flock, adding inimitable Boss actress Connie Nielsen to its Season 2 cast as a series regular, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | The Following @ Comic-Con: [Spoiler] to Return for the Killer Drama’s Season 2

This marks the Fox hit’s second major Season 2 hire, following last week’s casting of Dexter‘s Sam Underwood as a young man who may or may not be a follower of the “late” Joe Carroll (James Purefoy)

Nielsen, who is also known to TV audiences as Law & Order: SVU‘s Det. Dani Beck, will next be seen on the big screen in Lars Von Trier’s Nymphomaniac and McG’s Three Days of Kill opposite Kevin Costner.

1. Whoops says:

So…..I guess this means us Naalie Zea fans shouldn’t waste our time on S2. Seems the writing is on the wall.

• Tish says:

Not really a big fan of Claire (thought she was kinda whiny) but it’s pretty obvious that she’ll die now, right? Kinda having doubts about the second season..

• Whoops says:

I think the Claire character could have been written so much better. But I certainly don’t fault Natalie back. There have been stories written that she will be back but not in what capacity. This casting makes it obvious in my opinion that she won’t be back in a useful way or be driving story. Disappointing. I feel like this second season is going to be a total 180 from last and not true to the characters we met last season.

• Maria says:

Agreed. I thought she and Kevin Bacon had pretty good chemistry. Oh well.

• Michele says:

Natalie is in like 4 TV shows right now…maybe is was just to much

2. Kellie says:

The show is horrible anyway. I am super unimpressed with Kevin Bacons acting in this show.

3. Queerbec says:

The show is so bleak anyway and Bacon is so one-note as the depressed morose hero. The events at the end of last season will just make him more dysfunctional. Plus with the way TPTB kill off characters you know that this is Shawn Ashmore’s season to die, as will Connie of course. Though the casting of Sam Underwood, who’s done a number of good things off-Broadway is excellent news.

• Whoops says:

Bacon can only do o much with bad material. The writing were terrible. The acting talents of the entire cast were wasted last season. I feel like TPTB see their mistakes from last season but now they’re going to do things so different to fix things that the show won’t be good at all.

4. Queerbec says:

BTW, where is the show filmed?

5. jbkr73 says:

Good. This gives Natalie more time for Justified, a far superior show all around.

• Whoops says:

True, but the Raylan/Winona storyline has kind of run its course. How much more can they actually do with that couple. And from an acting standpoint it would seem pretty unfulfilling for Natalie to go back permanently

6. Mia says:

gosh …

it’s Always Good To See Her ^^

great news !!

7. Midori says:

I give her 8 episodes before she is killed off.

8. Broke1 says:

This, combined with the TV Guide exclusive article saying that Natalie would be returning to the show which mysteriously disappeared from this site, makes me think that Natalie may have reconsidered and decided to jump this sinking ship. Which totally sucks. Not a great way run a TV show….Have the audience invest in characters and a storyline that is just gonna be totally ignored the very next season. Poor writing has doomed which could have been a terrific show.

• JEst says:

It isn’t the first show that had had a key character killed off at the end of the first season, then had the reprucussions be part of the show, even without the actual actor/actress being a physical part of it.

Also, the article from tv guide made it clear that just because Natalie Zea was returning, it didn’t mean that it was for long.

• Broke1 says:

I know that Natalie prob wasn’t returning as a full time regular, I just find it odd that that exclusive, that said she would be returning, was removed from TV Guide. All the other articles are written based on that original one. So it was removed and Natalie hasn’t really been mentioned in any press since and now this casting news. Makes me think she’s not retuning at all and will die in the first new ep.

9. Bean says:

You guys crazy. I loved this show. My favorite show of the year. Got dumb in places but I thought it rocked.

10. jonathon says:

this is a great show, hence in article in even states its one of Fox’s hit shows and its ratings were awesome. great acting, all it was flawed at was cops being stupid but they said they would work on that this season. all the haters should just go back to their own shows and leave ours alone.

• hipper says:

hating watching is part of the reason why this show is still alive.

• tripoli says:

Excactly. It was such a colossal trainwreck each week I couldn’t look away.

• Love says:

This show is so much fun. If it’s not for you, change the channel. I love all the twists. I need season 2 now. I miss Joe Carroll.

• skytzo425 says:

HaHaHaHa, your a fool. The show was bad ass, the fact anyone and everyone could and did die, was awesome. The following was the bloodiest and most murderous show on tv. Some of the writing could of been better, but “total train wreak”? Not even close, your a moron.

• kavyn says:

It’s the only reason I didn’t jump ship. Hate watch/tweeting is just as enjoyable as watching a show you love, lol :)

11. Iris says:

Wait wait wait! Is Mike Jimmy Olsen?!?! My brain just exploded.

• Lauren says:

Jimmy Olsen was played by Aaron Ashmore, Mike is Shawn Ashmore, his twin brother. Shawn was also in X-Men (and Animorphs, which made him my first celebrity crush because I was obsessed with that series)

• Iris says:

Best Twins EVER! I love the X-men and Smallville, Shawn Ashmore was also a recurring charactar in Smallville, playing a dude who stole powers. Now you mentioned it i started googling and so my obsession begins….

12. FtheFreys says:

She’s too good for this show.

13. Hans says:

I give it 3 seasons

14. Kisses says:

I love this show. There are bad shows on TV. This is not one of them. Get real.

15. Jeff says:

Um…haters
    Kevin Bacon’s character is depressed and marose! Not his acting. Look at the shot the character has gone through. He’s a hard core alcoholic with PTSD! Duh!

16. Cathy Kiley says:

I liked it. It was a little too violent for me at times, but it was so disturbing that it kept my interest.

17. jenny says:

If u like blood and murder you must wstch Dexter. The best show I’ve ever watched and so sad this is the last season. I would watch Michael C Hall in anything.

18. Greenhouses can also be built using landscape gardening and they can be incorporated inside of the garden
    collectively with a chilly-body. They are designed to last indefinitely and are made of a high percentage recycled products.
    The garden landscapes are important for beautifying
    environment.

19. Nielsen will play Lily Gray, a Soho art dealer who finds herself in a bit of trouble. When Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) comes to her aid, a connection begins to form which causes even more problems for her.

20. jen says:

Can anyone tell me the name of the art work on Lily Gray’s wall. If it even is a real painting. Its one on season 2 ep 3 with the humans as animals fighting. She remarks its humans in their ‘purist form’.
    I love the painting.

21. A lovely warm Parka in pink, black, red or blue with a good
    fur border is the perfect way for your pup to keep warm.
    This is the raising season which means it is the time of year when Christmas
    and holiday parties is going to be placed. You may be able to
    buy the right thing at a large pet store or online pet shop.