Breaking Bad's 8 Most Bitchin' and Bold Twists!

Breaking Bad Plot TwistsFiery graves and poisonous plants and gunshots gone awry are just a few of the things that make AMC’s Breaking Bad (which kicks off its final run this Sunday at 9/8c) the most deliciously dark, addictively twisted series on TV today.

They’re also a major reason why we’ll miss following the saga of Walter White and his sidekick Jesse Pinkman when their meth-fueled misadventures come to an (inevitably) tragic end in just eight short weeks.

RELATED | Breaking Bad Series Finale Spoilers, Spin-Off Update

As such, we’ve compiled a tight collection (with the caveat that the options for this one are endless) of Bad‘s eight most bitchin’ twists from the past five seasons. (We’re pretty sure Jesse would approve of the title.)

From moments that defined the series to those that broke our hearts and crushed the characters, our picks  take fans down a pretty devastating — but enjoyable! — memory lane.

Click through the gallery below — MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! — then hit the comments: Which game-changing twists would make your list?

Tags: ,

Comments (16)

• Number 3 broke my heart! It took me 2 days to recover from it.. Tour de force of acting by Aaron Paul!

Comment by Muriel – August 10, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a good list. I also think of Gus using poisoned tequila to take out most of the cartel in Mexico, and the crazily choreographed jail killings that Walt orchestrated. There are so many startling set pieces on this show!

Comment by Dillon – August 10, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was heart breaking & I really felt for Gus after seeing his backstory

Comment by Sara – August 10, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Thoughts on Pop and commented:
    So excited for the final eight episodes!

Comment by brennasherrill – August 10, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll never forget the S2 finale with poor Jesse in rehab crying in Walt’s arms screaming how much he loved Jane and she loved him. I cried for days.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – August 10, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah but that’s not exactly a twist.

Comment by DS – August 10, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wasnt meant to be. Just a comment. Have a nice day!

Comment by Wrstlgirl – August 10, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeez, there are so many. I guess Jesse killing Gale is my #1 with Gus’ killing and Hank’s toilet revelation close behind. Although it’s not a twist, Jesse’s “Dead Dog” scene is one that still haunts me more than any other.

Comment by The Beach – August 10, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so happy when Walt let Jane die. I was actually telling him through the TV, “DON’T SAVE HER! DON’T SAVE HER!” because I really hated her character.

Comment by kate – August 10, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha, me too! Although, Aaron Paul did some of his best work after her death.

Comment by neha – August 10, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, though the actress was good and I just didn’t like her character, but Jesse’s transformation after her death was fantastic!

Comment by Cheeky – August 11, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite was Jesse killing Gale, I didn’t like Gus’ death only because him walking out of the room was a bit much

Comment by Patrick Maloney – August 11, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best moment is when Jesse and Walt ran train on Taa

Comment by Taa Gimmeablow – August 11, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Killing No. 6 was so horrible and haunting, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to watch the show again. (But yeah, I’ll check out the last season, to see how things end.)

Comment by Lyn – August 11, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not only did Walt let Jane die, but he’s the one who knocked her into that vulnerable position when he was trying to wake Jesse. She was on her side before Walt accidentally rolled her onto her back.
    Still so many things for Jesse to discover about Walt.

Comment by JenF – August 11, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is bar none the absolute best program to ever grace the television screen. It will be sorely missed. I can’t wait to see how it all ends!

Comment by Brian – August 12, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post