Fall TV Preview

Official Homeland Season 3 Trailer: Brody's Back — But He Has No Freakin' [Spoiler]!

Showtime has unveiled the official trailer for Homeland‘s third season (bowing Sept. 29), and, something’s missing.

No, not Damian Lewis’ Brody. Carrie’s beloved fugitive is all over the haunting preview. But he has undergone a bit of an extreme makeover since we last saw him in the final moments of Season 2.

RELATED | Homeland Season 3 Preview: The CIA’s Under Fire, Saul’s Betrayal, Brody’s Top-Secret Return and More

Elsewhere, Quinn has presumably been dispatched to the front lines of the War on Terror, Dana is taking naughty pictures of herself (and borrowing her dad’s prayer rug!), and Carrie is in some kind of hospital — and she’s not accepting visitors (or one visitor in particular).

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements!

Comments (43)

• Where’s Dave Marciano??

Comment by Film Music Daily – August 9, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s not a series regular anymore. I don’t know how often he’ll show up anymore if at all.

Comment by bruceeff – August 9, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He will be a guest star this season.

Comment by N.B.E – August 9, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chills! Can’t wait!

Comment by Rebecca Parker – August 9, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ONE WORD “CHILLS”

Comment by Norkir – August 9, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won’t be watching unless Time Warner gets their act together or I dump them altogether!

Comment by j – August 9, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have the same problem….don’t dump Time Warner as NONE of the cable providers, etc. are exempt from this ridiculous situation. It may not be happening to them “today,” but it will soon when their contracts with CBS are up.

Comment by Carol – August 9, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will this be more Carrie pining over Brody? Got really tired of that last season so I hope not.

Comment by Megan – August 9, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow.

Comment by Kim R – August 9, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to see Rupert Friend back!! He seems to be tracking Brody, no?

Also, anyone know what song that is? Beautiful!

Comment by Bitsy – August 9, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could be wrong, but I believe the song is called “To Build a Home” by the Cinematic Orchestra.

Comment by elena – August 9, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • song is “To Build A Home” by The Cinematic Orchestra
      Glad to see Quinn too, just… don’t kill Brody, okay

Comment by Tav – August 9, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Peter Quinn is freakin badass, love this dude. Peter, Saul and Carrie are my favorites. Wish the show would dump Brody and his family, that drama is so boring.

Comment by Trevor – August 9, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Carrie is a horrible character. Episode to episode..whine, cry, break rules, say she screwed up, get lucky, rinse repeat.

Comment by will – August 12, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s the same song that closed the series *The Big C*. Not sure what it’s called, though.

Comment by LisaJ (@Lisa_JDC) – August 9, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never watched Homeland, but this trailer makes me want to start. Gorgeous.

Comment by Alia – August 9, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s an extremely good show, you should watch. It’s my favorite show on air right now. Don’t start with the third season though, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t start watching with the first season and watch them all in order. It’s definitely a serialized drama.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – August 9, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “To Build a Home”, by Cinematic Orchestra. What a great choice!

Comment by Tiffany K. – August 9, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll be honest I’m getting tired of the Carrie and Brody roller coaster, I hope it ends. Surprising thing from last season was I became a huge fan of Peter Quinn… I’m hoping we’ll see Carrie and Peter develop more, I want their relationship to be explored. Damn Peter looks so badass in that trailer, love it!

Comment by Laura – August 9, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I so agree with you!

Comment by joey – August 10, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oops I’m sorry didn’t mean to reply to your post. My bad.

Comment by Laura – August 9, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Brent Hellickson – August 10, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry but I can’t help but think of the trailer for NBC’s fantastic now-cancelled show Awake with this song in the background. But also, super excited for this new season!!

Comment by Kelsey F – August 9, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Carrie pregnant? It almost looks that way in the scene with saul. Cannot wait!

Comment by Peg M – August 9, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It might just be Claire Danes carrying a little bit of her baby weight still, but that would certainly be an interesting twist. Maybe…That would certainly explain why she’s off her meds again.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – August 9, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The whole mirror thing, then Saul saying he is sorry.. she might have been pregnant but lost the baby?! I don’t know I think we will have to wait and see it.

Comment by Erica – August 21, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOLY SMOKES PETER QUINN is awesome. He and Saul are my saving grace this season.
    And is that Carrie & Quinn HAVING SEX in that trailer! Oh lawd I need this so bad.

Comment by Yasmin – August 9, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whats the title of the song used?

Comment by Pete – August 9, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I liked the season 2 trailer with the Every Breath You Take cover better. This was good though. I am of course thrilled beyond belief that the show is coming back. I thought I heard somewhere that Damian Lewis had let it slip on some talk show that Brody and Carrie were over for good, and I screamed bloody murder. I hope that’s not true. I’ve heard untrue rumors for this show before, so maybe that’s all it is. Speaking of Damian Lewis, I saw him interviewed on Gold Derby yesterday, and the guy looked crazy skinny. He has obviously lost a ton of weight to do this season of Homeland. His hair is buzzed too short as well. But I still find him super sexy.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – August 9, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh God – do they seriously plane to spend so much time on Brody’s daughter? Why? Who cares. It’s just so boring. That daughter graduated from the school of annoying teenagers in TV shows. Along with that son from V, Terra Nova, Falling Skies.

She is annoying, boring and no once cares about her feelings. Why do they plan to stick her in our faces?

Comment by St – August 9, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way, way, waaaaaaaay too much Dana. TPTB really think the actress is their Kiernan Shipka, don’t they? What a joke.

Damian Lewis does not look good bald. I realize that’s not the point, but still, lol

Comment by Molly – August 9, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ^^
    Agree with you guys. I’m freakin bored of Dana and the Brody family, why are they wasting time with them is beyond me. I dont give a crap Dana or her issues… I hope the season will explore of Saul/Carrie and Peter/Carrie relationships. So thankful they have Peter Quinn he’s my favorite character right now. Hopefully the show will release more spoilers about this guy, I need to know what he’s up to.

Comment by Grant – August 9, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the whole forced carry/brody thing is ruining the whole series for me.

Comment by stevie – August 9, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t imagine seeing a completely different Brody and his new bald look. He gives Walter White from Breaking Bad a run for his money.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 9, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Diego Klattenhoff not coming back this upcoming season or is he recurring? Think he’s moving on to do The Blacklist over on NBC when it debuts on September 23rd.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 9, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Showtime better be back before Homeland starts!

Comment by Melissa – August 9, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i do not understand this dana fixation. they’ve got to explain at some point why they are so fascinated with her- and do they realize that no one in the audience cares about thus character at all? they do, right? tell me they do know that

Comment by lily – August 10, 2013 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nice trailer beautiful song. I too do not like the Carrie/Brody romance but I like the Kid Dana and her mom too.

Comment by I'm the good wife fan – August 10, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like Dana too….I guess she’s a like her or hate her type of character. I think her acting is spot on!

Comment by cryrolfe – August 19, 2013 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t they have a season where Carrie doesn’t go off her meds! That is my only gripe about the preview. Why does everyone want Brody’s kids and ex gone? I think it is better story wise to keep them and show what has happened to them since he went from #1 hero to most wanted fugitive. Cannot wait until September 29th!

Comment by Beth – August 10, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s a good thing they will show more Dana this season, think about it, she knows that her dad wasn’t responsible for that attack but she can’t tell anyone, she is just a teenager who saw her life fall apart for way too many times the last couple of years, she turns into muslin to try to reconnect with her father and as her way to cope with everything that is happening in her life.

Comment by Erica – August 21, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s very hard to figure out what sort of hospital Carrie is in.
    I don’t get SHOWTIME, I caught up with the first 2 seasons online. I don’t know…I may have to break down and get it this season. I don’t think I can wait.

Comment by Broadwayfan – September 2, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post