Official Homeland Season 3 Trailer: Brody's Back -- But He Has No Freakin' [Spoiler]!

Showtime has unveiled the official trailer for Homeland‘s third season (bowing Sept. 29), and, something’s missing.

No, not Damian Lewis’ Brody. Carrie’s beloved fugitive is all over the haunting preview. But he has undergone a bit of an extreme makeover since we last saw him in the final moments of Season 2.

RELATED | Homeland Season 3 Preview: The CIA’s Under Fire, Saul’s Betrayal, Brody’s Top-Secret Return and More

Elsewhere, Quinn has presumably been dispatched to the front lines of the War on Terror, Dana is taking naughty pictures of herself (and borrowing her dad’s prayer rug!), and Carrie is in some kind of hospital — and she’s not accepting visitors (or one visitor in particular).

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements!

1. Where’s Dave Marciano??

2. Rebecca Parker says:

Chills! Can’t wait!

3. Norkir says:

ONE WORD “CHILLS”

4. j says:

I won’t be watching unless Time Warner gets their act together or I dump them altogether!

• Carol says:

I have the same problem….don’t dump Time Warner as NONE of the cable providers, etc. are exempt from this ridiculous situation. It may not be happening to them “today,” but it will soon when their contracts with CBS are up.

5. Megan says:

Will this be more Carrie pining over Brody? Got really tired of that last season so I hope not.

6. Bitsy says:

So happy to see Rupert Friend back!! He seems to be tracking Brody, no?

Also, anyone know what song that is? Beautiful!

• elena says:

I could be wrong, but I believe the song is called “To Build a Home” by the Cinematic Orchestra.

• Tav says:

song is “To Build A Home” by The Cinematic Orchestra

Glad to see Quinn too, just… don’t kill Brody, okay

• Trevor says:

Peter Quinn is freakin badass, love this dude. Peter, Saul and Carrie are my favorites. Wish the show would dump Brody and his family, that drama is so boring.

• will says:

Carrie is a horrible character. Episode to episode..whine, cry, break rules, say she screwed up, get lucky, rinse repeat.

7. It’s the same song that closed the series *The Big C*. Not sure what it’s called, though.

8. Alia says:

I’ve never watched Homeland, but this trailer makes me want to start. Gorgeous.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

It’s an extremely good show, you should watch. It’s my favorite show on air right now. Don’t start with the third season though, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t start watching with the first season and watch them all in order. It’s definitely a serialized drama.

9. Tiffany K. says:

“To Build a Home”, by Cinematic Orchestra. What a great choice!

10. Kelsey F says:

Sorry but I can’t help but think of the trailer for NBC’s fantastic now-cancelled show Awake with this song in the background. But also, super excited for this new season!!

11. Peg M says:

Is Carrie pregnant? It almost looks that way in the scene with saul. Cannot wait!

• Britta Unfiltered says:

It might just be Claire Danes carrying a little bit of her baby weight still, but that would certainly be an interesting twist. Maybe…That would certainly explain why she’s off her meds again.

• Erica says:

The whole mirror thing, then Saul saying he is sorry.. she might have been pregnant but lost the baby?! I don’t know I think we will have to wait and see it.

12. Yasmin says:

HOLY SMOKES PETER QUINN is awesome. He and Saul are my saving grace this season.
    And is that Carrie & Quinn HAVING SEX in that trailer! Oh lawd I need this so bad.

13. Pete says:

Whats the title of the song used?

14. Britta Unfiltered says:

I think I liked the season 2 trailer with the Every Breath You Take cover better. This was good though. I am of course thrilled beyond belief that the show is coming back. I thought I heard somewhere that Damian Lewis had let it slip on some talk show that Brody and Carrie were over for good, and I screamed bloody murder. I hope that’s not true. I’ve heard untrue rumors for this show before, so maybe that’s all it is. Speaking of Damian Lewis, I saw him interviewed on Gold Derby yesterday, and the guy looked crazy skinny. He has obviously lost a ton of weight to do this season of Homeland. His hair is buzzed too short as well. But I still find him super sexy.

15. St says:

Oh God – do they seriously plane to spend so much time on Brody’s daughter? Why? Who cares. It’s just so boring. That daughter graduated from the school of annoying teenagers in TV shows. Along with that son from V, Terra Nova, Falling Skies.

She is annoying, boring and no once cares about her feelings. Why do they plan to stick her in our faces?

16. Molly says:

Way, way, waaaaaaaay too much Dana. TPTB really think the actress is their Kiernan Shipka, don’t they? What a joke.

Damian Lewis does not look good bald. I realize that’s not the point, but still, lol

17. Grant says:

^^
    Agree with you guys. I’m freakin bored of Dana and the Brody family, why are they wasting time with them is beyond me. I dont give a crap Dana or her issues… I hope the season will explore of Saul/Carrie and Peter/Carrie relationships. So thankful they have Peter Quinn he’s my favorite character right now. Hopefully the show will release more spoilers about this guy, I need to know what he’s up to.

18. stevie says:

the whole forced carry/brody thing is ruining the whole series for me.

19. Can’t imagine seeing a completely different Brody and his new bald look. He gives Walter White from Breaking Bad a run for his money.

20. Is Diego Klattenhoff not coming back this upcoming season or is he recurring? Think he’s moving on to do The Blacklist over on NBC when it debuts on September 23rd.

21. Melissa says:

Showtime better be back before Homeland starts!

22. lily says:

i do not understand this dana fixation. they’ve got to explain at some point why they are so fascinated with her- and do they realize that no one in the audience cares about thus character at all? they do, right? tell me they do know that

23. I'm the good wife fan says:

nice trailer beautiful song. I too do not like the Carrie/Brody romance but I like the Kid Dana and her mom too.

24. Beth says:

Why can’t they have a season where Carrie doesn’t go off her meds! That is my only gripe about the preview. Why does everyone want Brody’s kids and ex gone? I think it is better story wise to keep them and show what has happened to them since he went from #1 hero to most wanted fugitive. Cannot wait until September 29th!

25. Erica says:

I think it’s a good thing they will show more Dana this season, think about it, she knows that her dad wasn’t responsible for that attack but she can’t tell anyone, she is just a teenager who saw her life fall apart for way too many times the last couple of years, she turns into muslin to try to reconnect with her father and as her way to cope with everything that is happening in her life.

26. Broadwayfan says:

I don’t think it’s very hard to figure out what sort of hospital Carrie is in.
    I don’t get SHOWTIME, I caught up with the first 2 seasons online. I don’t know…I may have to break down and get it this season. I don’t think I can wait.