Fall TV Preview

Sneak Peek: Person of Interest Unleashes Its 'Secret Weapons' Zoe, Carter and Shaw

Charlie’s Angels, watch your back.

As hoped by many a Person of Interest viewer, Paige Turco — who has been off in Vancouver costarring in The CW’s midseason sci-fi drama The 100 — found time to jet back to New York City and shoot an encore as Zoe Morgan, who this time will work in concert with both Carter (played by Taraji P. Henson) and Shaw (new series regular Sarah Shahi).

RELATED | Person of Interest: Amy Acker Now Series Regular for Season 3

News of Turco’s return, in Season 3′s third episode, broke when the POI writers tweeted this photo:

But what exactly brings the three fierce femmes together? As EPs Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman put it, “In this episode, ‘Lady Killer,’ what better way for Reese and Finch to lure a playboy POI than to call upon their secret weapons — Carter, Shaw and their old friend Zoe?”

TVLine also got a hold of a behind-the-scenes photo from the episode (below), showing the three bad-ass ladies on the prowl for their POI. Person of Interest returns Sept. 24, now airing Tuesdays at 10/9c.

Person of Interest Zoe Returns

Comments (64)

• Zoe, Shaw, and Root – now THAT would be a spinoff that I would love to see!!! :-)

Comment by ragincajun – August 8, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you wouldn’t watch if the group included Carter? Hmmmmm.

Comment by Carol – August 8, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do like what they’ve done with Carter on the show, but she’s consistently about 20% less fun than the other characters. She’s just so serious, and not in an amusing way like Shaw.

Comment by wordsmith – August 8, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s what I love about Carter She keeps everyone grounded. Not! Everyone should be oneliners
          Something cute that makes you smile . I like her seriousnessthey all work well together Zoe should stay like her also but! Will not! Want to lose Carter to inch her in.

Comment by Carolyn – September 24, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, it’s not that!!!!!! I love Carter, but want her to stay on PoI. I was just thinking of an idea for a spinoff that would not effect the original.

Comment by ragincajun – August 9, 2013 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Carter’s too bland – doesn’t have a sharply defined character, that’s why she doesn’t fit in. The other three have clear standout points: Zoe is a hot con artist; Shaw is a hot assassin; Root is not hot, but she’s crazy. Carter would, at best, be the brains controlling things at headquarters; but we could take her or leave her as part of this group.

Comment by jim west – September 2, 2013 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad she’s coming back! I love Zoe, so it will be fun to see her interacting with the other ladies. (And of course I would also love to see more scenes with her and Reese.)

Comment by Elena – August 8, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I love Zoe very much, so happy to see her again.

Comment by Mari – August 9, 2013 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I think she and John have good chemistry, both mysterious…. They should really make Zoe a regular so they can end up together. That would be a thrillto watch!

Comment by marie – August 17, 2013 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeahhhh! These 3 characters working together, this has so much potential. I’d love to see her as a series regular one day.

Comment by Ty – August 8, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh this might be the highlight episode of their run so far…. I was waiting to see what the meeting between Shaw and Carter would be like but now Zoe’s in the mix? That’s like an early Christmas gift…. :-)

Comment by sladewilson – August 8, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot!! This is beyond awesome. So, Shaw will meet Carter and Zoe and the three team up. This is already looking like it will be my favorite episode. Only thing that will make it epic is if Root drops in casually and surprises everyone.

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – August 8, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love POI, fabulous show. Carter is the leading lady of the show: smart, sexy, and bad***. But I don’t mind her sharing a little screen time with the others. I don’t get the fascination with Zoe. She has no independent storyline, no emotional connection or intellectual or ethical depth at all. One appearance a season from Zoe is enough for me.

Comment by Helene – August 8, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Make it two appearances per season for Zoe and I agree with you on the rest

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – August 8, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes but she has GREAT chemistry with John! I agree that she doesn’t need to be on the show full time but she definately needs to be a part of the show if only to see how she gets under John’s skin…so to speak.

Comment by JKS – August 9, 2013 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Zoe enough, but I don’t get the fascination with Root.

Comment by KCC – August 9, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t get the fascination with Root either. I was really happy when her storyline ended last season and now she’s a regular…ugh.

Comment by tp – August 9, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I assume that you are a woman. Zoe for most men, blows Carter away in the smart, SEXY, BAD***
      department. Her chemistry with John is great, and John is badly in need of a woman in his life. I would never believe Carter and John – she’s too bland.

Comment by jim west – September 2, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s not too bland at all. Carter and Reese completely rock! Zoe is nice and she’s okay “for now,” but she’s not the long-term sort of gal you settle down with. That would be Carter. And I know for a fact that plenty of men are turned on by the way Taraji looks, so you can speak for yourself.

Comment by yeah right – September 21, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this had been the roster for the Charlie’s Angels reboot, maybe it would have lasted longer.

Comment by wordsmith – August 8, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yeah, this is gonna be good.

Comment by Melody Paris – August 8, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As, HELL Yeah! That POI better watch out! Can’t wait! Gonna be an interesting season with the machine calling it’s own shots.

Comment by Tjj50 – August 9, 2013 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is the most underrated show in the history of tv.

Comment by stevie – August 9, 2013 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is a whole lot of awesome!

Comment by JKS – August 9, 2013 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah this is going to be sweet.

Comment by JT – August 9, 2013 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like Zoe is the ring leader of that scary group. So glad they were able to bring her back. That is shaping up to be the most fun episode yet. Can. Not. Wait.

Comment by Kel – August 9, 2013 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for this season to start…..Although I don’t like Shaw, I’m anxious to see what she, Carter and (YAY) Zoe will be up to….. I see John in the back….. Gotta be something huge for the three of them be together!!!
    PS: For God’s sake, make Zoe regular!!!

Comment by Diana (@Diana_spn) – August 9, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! So excited!

I was worried that they were going to squeeze Carter and Fusco out now that they added Shaw and Root. Glad to see that I was wrong.

Comment by KD – August 9, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am concerned about that too. Fusco already had so little screen time towards the end of last season. And now with 2 new starring ladies, Carter’s screen time might drop too

Comment by KCC – August 9, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh yes, Zoe does get under John’s skin, he he.

Comment by Deborah Saunders – August 9, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, KCC. This is exactly what I fear. Reese falls into a shallow relationship with uni-dimensional Zoe, Shaw gets to shoot bad guys, and Carter languishes on the HR sidelines and Fusco disappears altogether. I am dreading this boost in screen time for Zoe, Shaw, and Root. Sigh.

Comment by Helene – August 9, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes me too, While I actually like all the characters I just don’t want to have less of our favorite four! if Shaw, Root and Zoe are there with our fav. four it’ll be great but they better not take up to much screen time on their own, or I’ll be very unhappy.

Comment by Jan – August 12, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kevin already explained, in detail WHY he was not in the last two eppys. Had NOTHING to do with have Shaw & Root in the eppys. Kevin had to go re-shoot some scenes in a movie he had previously made & Jonah & Greg made sure he had the time he needed.

Comment by Caro Barrett (@SavhCaro) – October 2, 2013 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m glad you explained that. I missed him and didn’t know the reason he was gone. And I’m glad to see Carter — glad to know she’s not dead for good. Her relationship with John is a nice meaningful strong friendship — not every relationship has to be sexual;they care for each other mightily and he cares about her son. I would like to see her have a romantic relationship; so sad her boyfriend was … (

Comment by cindy – February 18, 2014 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to this episode.

Comment by sarah – August 9, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHK!! Carter, Shaw and Zoe working together!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by liz – August 9, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be so good, I love Carter and Zoe, and I like Shaw. Giiiiirrrrrlllll power.

Comment by Deborah Saunders – August 9, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe carter and Zoe can kill Shaw off. Horrible character. Hate the way they have pushed this character on us on us. Making this tiny woman the equal of Reese and her snarky comments about him is not funny, cute or sexy. Ugh!

Comment by Kaza – August 9, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finch’s Angels.

Comment by wjrxyz – August 10, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a Shaw fan at all, but I do love Carter and Zoe. I agree with Kaza – why the hard sell on Shaw? I feel like she’s being forced down my throat.

Comment by Nora – August 10, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Nora and @Kaza
    Totally agree 100% about Shaw. Can’t stand her, and she was shoved down everyone’s throats and suddenly she’s a part of the team. And don’t get me started about her bitchy comments toward Reese. Disgusting.

Comment by lll – August 13, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I’m a big leg guy & Paige Turco has them in spades. She deserves t/b a regular IMHO! The TV series she’s been in before didn’t last long, but it wasn’t her character’s fault, just a weak story line. She handles Reese like she owns him, I love that in a woman!

Comment by Joe S. – August 13, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Paige Turco rocks. I adore Zoe. She’s a bad-ass without carrying a gun, kicking people’s ass or talking down to men like Shaw does. I wanted to see her become a regular faster than Shaw or Root. Good thing to know there’s no hard feelings.

Comment by lll – August 21, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, so many femmes now. I hate to see the time split up amongst so many characters. I wanna see more of Reese and Finch as in S1. What the hell did they do to my show?

Comment by Caty – August 15, 2013 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so disappointing. Why kill Stanton and have her split up into a Shaw and a Root? Each of them is only half the woman that Kara was. The only one who matches with the screen presence of Reese.

Comment by Kara Stanton – August 15, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hated Kara Stanton at the time, but I do like her miles better than Shaw. Sad how they written her out.

Comment by lll – August 21, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought Kara Stanton was fine in flashbacks and her story ended well. They may still have her a bit here and there in flashbacks and that’s OK. Root is better just having her here and there too. Shaw just needs to be killed off somehow. I agree that she’s just horrible.

I don’t agree that there’s no other woman that matches the screen presence of Reese. That would be Carter. They work so well together and they have a chemistry that can’t be faked.

Comment by yeah right – September 21, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE watching Zoey. (lol) I think Reese is scared of her. I agree with the others and hope the writes don’t overdose the audience with her. I LIKE Carter too but Zoey is just Zoey. Paige plays that character VERY well and she deserves credit.

Comment by ME2 – August 22, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t like all these changes so early in the series. They really did not need them. The show was great without them. I really don’t like Shaw on the show. May not watch any more if she is going to be on the show for good.

Comment by I Don't Like Change – August 31, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah, adding another regular character is one thing. Turning it into a henhouse is a bad idea. Though from the looks of things I foresee them writing Fusco and Carter out all together and the show becoming a reimagining of the A-Team. You have Finch, the leader and “master” of disguise. Reese, the smooth talking pretty boy. Shaw, the one dimensional “badass” who never really does anything. Root, the annoying crazy person who gets old fast. If they don’t write in some interesting characterization of Shaw and Root they’ll panic and bring in Leon (who I actually liked) to try and regain their lost viewers in season 4 vis a vis that latino fellow from the last season of the A-Team who nobody remembers….

Comment by MW – September 9, 2013 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • don’t like SHAW at all. they did shove her in our face, just go away, hope season 3 will out shine the lat 2 and they were great, ZOE and CARTER best females on the show.ma

Comment by margaret smedley – September 15, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Shaw character feels like an unnecessary addition, at the expense of the Carter character. Seeing Shaw spend so much time with John Reese will not be entertaining at all. It seems the writers have done something dangerous to a winning formula. Too bad.
    Too much Shaw will spoil the broth and lose this fan forever.

Comment by Ms. Gee – September 19, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking the same thing…take Shaw off. This week’s episode didn’t have much of Reese doing his thing (beating up the bad guys). Thats what made the show good. Now all we have is a trigger happy Shaw. I hope they don’t take Fusco or Carter off. I like Carter’s annoyance when Finch hacks into the FBI data base. Having Zoe on in special appearances is good, but not a regular.

Comment by Mary Tric – October 10, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why all the shaw resentment? Ok so she’s a new character who got a big role and is a regular for the up coming season. So what? Please guys be patient and give her a chance. Oh and as for you Zoe fans, don’t worry shaw will not take reese away from her. Love zoe though she’s hot. Oh btw, they better not get rid if Fusco and carter if they do, I’ll be very very annoyed.

Comment by Freidrich steiner – September 21, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Carter

Comment by Tiffany – September 24, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Zoe’s back! I like her. This episode sounds fun. It’s interesting how the show writers come up with new ways to do a POI case.

Comment by Mai – September 27, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the show losinf direction. With shaw added john seems to be more in the background just standing there watching everything. He was the mainstay of the show and did all the kick butt. And root is annoying. It needs to go back to the way it was. Ratings are a bit down since moving to tuesday and if don’t improve there john probly go down more

Comment by barbara – October 10, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. Root is annoying….I say more of Finch and Reese…

Comment by Mary Tric – October 11, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Shaw character is annoying and unnecessary. I can’t understand how the writers thought that a character who puts down men at EVERY opportunity would be entertaining. As a guy, the Shaw character comes across as insulting. As a former Marine, the Shaw character comes across as absurd. I am sure even a show like POI would tank if John put down women constantly. The Shaw character was better off in the body bag.

Comment by Philip – October 14, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay john is back! !!!!!! good epiisode last night less of shaw and no root. and yay for bear i was a little worried he was gonna get shot but i don’t think john would let that happen.

Comment by barbara – October 16, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that they’ve ruined the show. It was great when it stayed on Reese and Finch. Did a focus group tell them they wanted more women? The writing has deteriorated, since it’s lost its identity, and just become another mediocre show.

Comment by tony – October 17, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post