Exclusive

Unforgettable Sneak Peek: Carrie and Al Just Duet

This Sunday on Unforgettable (CBS, 9/8c), Carrie and Al pause the crimesolving for a round of “Name That Tune” — a game one simply does not play against a world-class “rememberer.” And TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek at their lyrical trip down memory lane.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

While decompressing during the Case of the Week — which finds a businessman’s death tied to a plot to assassinate a diplomat — Al presses Carrie to remember a song which happens to be ripe with memories for the exes. And while she is quick to recall the tune (amazingly it’s not a certain Nat King Cole standard but a Savage Garden hit), she balks at singing it — until, that is, Al charmingly cues her.

Fun fact: This is not the first time Poppy Montgomery has sung on TV. A bit of deft Googling will lead you to a “threesome” she did years ago on Live, with Kelly Ripa and Neil Patrick Harris.

Loading video...

1. Mandy says:

So cute, but I am a little confused. I thought that they got together at the end of the first season, but there has been no mention of it and Jo last week said they still weren’t together. What gives?

• Kiernan says:

I’ve been wondering the exact same thing.

• TVFan says:

They have not dated since the beginning of the show. The initial premise of the pilot is that they had dated when they were both cops in a small town in upstate New York. Carrie quit the force. Al transferred to NYC. He needs help on a case and brings Carrie in & she becomes a cop again, but they agree not to get together again.

2. Lucas says:

This show was bad before and I see nothing has changed.

3. liz says:

I like the new office and “higher stakes” of the show (and thank god they kept Jane Curtin, she’s a delight)….but there’s something missing from the show. I think its the lack of chemistry between Carrie and Al. I just don’t care about their relationship. They are trying to push this Castle-like “duo” concept and I just don’t believe it. Carrie is very hip and cool and Al is very normal.

I’m going to keep watching, but it was the same problem as last season; but then we had a supporting cast of interesting people to help cope

• cookie kirk says:

Liz (in reply to ur post) I think Carrie and Al have great chemistry. He just kinda hates it that she remembers everything good and bad about their relationship. So there is no arguing with her in a fight. I love them. I don’t think they r anything like Castle and Kate. Castle is so silly and sometimes acts like a girl. And he doesn’t carry or shot a gun.

4. JC says:

The Carrie/Al relationship has, IMO, always been this show’s major weak point. I liked Carrie and Al separately, but together they always made me cringe. It got really obvious when Carrie was with her mob family boyfriend last season. SO much better chemistry, but of course they couldn’t work out because they’re not the endgame couple. :( It’s too bad they didn’t keep Kevin Rankin and get rid of Dylan Walsh when they reworked the show.

5. Bella says:

So far I love season 2 and hope the show rates better this time around so there is a season 3. As for Al and Carrie I like them separately just not sure how I feel about them as a couple.

6. Lambsilencer says:

I think that this show, as could so many others on broadcast television, is better suited with a 13-episode season, instead of having to chew out 22 per year.