General Hospital Duo Previews 'Lots of Baby Drama' Ahead - Plus: Will Robin Return?

General Hospital Maxie BabyIt’s been the summer of baby-mama (and -daddy!) drama on General Hospitaland an inevitably sudsy climax is on the way, stars Kirsten Storms and Jason Thompson reveal to TVLine.

Lots of baby drama going on right now,” laughs Storms, whose Port Charles alter ego Maxie is currently carrying her own child but passing it off as the unborn baby of her best friend. “And the next few months are going to be pretty crazy for me.”

RELATED | TVLine’s Performer of the Week Runner-Up: General Hospital‘s Kirsten Storms

Up next for the GH fave: “Maxie gives birth, which is going to be huge,” Storms teases, noting that Maxie’s little bundle of joy will arrive in the not-so-distant future. “There’s drama as soon as her water breaks, [when] things go awry in the midst of labor.”

And once Maxie’s little girl makes her debut, “The downward spiral of the truth [about the baby's identity] coming out” finally begins, shares the daytime TV vet.

Thompson’s leading man Patrick, meanwhile, has some bundle-of-joy woes of his own — he just doesn’t know their extent yet.

“Sabrina still doesn’t believe the baby is Patrick’s, but he’s just trying to get her to back off a little bit,” the actor says. That said, “I’m just as interested as everybody else to find out how this is all going to be happen, because I honestly don’t know,” he jokes.

RELATED | General Hospital — Tyler Christopher Put on Contract

One thing about which Thompson is sure: His desire to see Kimberly McCullough return to GH as his “late” love Robin — General Hospital Robin Returnsa prospect that looks likely considering recent storyline twists. (Various characters are searching for Jerry Jacks, the man — unbeknownst to them — holding the presumed-dead Robin captive.)

“There’s talk of her coming back for a little bit,” he tells us. “Selfishly, I hope it happens. I love working with Kimberly, We had a great relationship for six, seven years, and it’d be fun to do another story.” (With reporting by Matt Webb Mitovich)

Are you ready to all of the baby-bumpin’ goodness ahead? Do you think Robin will return? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Daytime TV, Interviews

1. Marlene says:

Hmmm is britt carrying Patrick and robins baby?

2. mary scheafer says:

I would love to see robin and matt come back

3. Saleemah says:

Can someone please address the fact that Christina Davis Corinthos has not even been mentioned since Danny became sick??? I mean talk about holes in a story!! Here these characters are talking about a donor for the baby and his aunt is MIA and no word on whether she even overnighted her saliva for testing! BTW can’t WAIT for Robin’s return and I LOVE LOVE the lil actress playing Emma. “This baby thing just keeps getting better and better!” Awesome!

4. I love robin and patrick but it would be nice to have robin/jason come back and have been hidden together and rekindle their old flame so sabrina would not be hurt and sam and silas and nikolas and liz and aj and britt and carley and franco and sonny and brenda and it would be a good twist for britts baby to be robins and patrick but i think it is lulu and dante and maxie and spinelli and Ellie and milo but i do miss jason and robin they need to come back the show is not the same with out jason and emma needs her mommy !!

5. Tonya says:

I think Britt is carrying robin and Patrick’s baby. her mother is hiding something important about that baby. Could it maybe be faison’s?? Giving him a son could be a motive to get her obsession back. Something is definitely going to be very surprising and unexpected!! Robin will be saved by Luke. why has obrecht kept her alive? As we have seen recently murder doesn’t seem beneath her!! I have been on pins and needles about Britt’s baby. I’ve missed some time of the show so I could be way off. Please let me know if I’ve missed something very important. Robin belongs with Patrick so we can see the love and battle of the wits. They are so great together and challenge each other!! I guess we will have to wait and see. I feel very strongly that Britt has been kept in the dark about something about the baby.

6. Tonya says:

Forgot to mention that I still like Sabrina.Just not with Patrick.

7. Tonya says:

I want Jason back too and I kinda like Silas with Sam.

8. Lulu says:

The relationship between Sabrina and Patrick is so awkward. There fine as friends but when they have romantic scenes I find myself cringing.
    Really hope robin comes back and soon!!

9. katherine says:

i actually love patrick with sabrina and i think it would be horrible to bring back Robin!!! for what??? i never liked them together anyway ! such a mismatch,

10. star says:

Robin should definitely come back as soon as possible..I cannot grasp the relationship between Patrick and Sabrina..and it would make an amazingly entertaining storyline if britts baby was Robin and Patrick’s..way better than those who think its donte and lulu(I rather not have them connected to sl what so ever)..I don’t like the idea..but I rather have a recast of robin until she is available than they killing her off..i would also find it interesting if both robin and jason came back and started a relationship..like they could only remember each other because their love was so strong from the torture they endured..either one..I ship scrubs and jnr..

11. Eris says:

It’s think Robin coming back would be awesome … I feel bad for Sabrina … but I’d love seeing Robin set “Brittch” straight.
    And hopefully get Dante & Lulu their daughter … which is the baby “Brittch” is passing off as Patrick’s.

12. MV says:

I like Patrick and Sabrina! Like someone said, Kimberly McCullough has left many times before. They do need to wrap this up. They could give her the Jerry/Luke poisoning and have her not survive. I have watched GH since it began 50 years ago……the vulnerable side of Patrick is sweet and they took their time getting Sabrina and he together, Give them that for goodness sake. I like the idea someone had of the Britch carrying L & D’s baby. What a twist! I hope they keep Felix around too! He is a hoot!

13. oldfan says:

Disliked robin even before the last horrible time she was on .. she can’t act, all she does is whine and pout.. the only time she was good was when she was 8.. She should never return.

14. Marilynn says:

Just read that Robin is back in September and she has signed a contract with GH!!

15. TVfan says:

I hope Robin come back because I cannot stand Sabrina smh and I never say that about any character but her Elle really grind my gears

16. mayura says:

watting for robin to come on gh

17. Monica says:

Robin come back.. Brit is preggers with dante and lulus baby,, give maxie her baby back… And hurry up n figure out that connie spelled out AJ in blood meaning Ava Jerome not AJ Quatermaine… Thats why he cant remember shooting her.. And ava dropped the gun off at boat house while visiting kiki.. And shes going to use morgan to cover her tracks!!

18. Monica says:

Morgan is a real Jerk!!

19. Monica says:

Ok so. Lulu is really gettn on my nerves.. She sooo ungrateful, threatning to keep baby away from maxie.. I think deep down she know the truth and is terrified..

20. Sherry says:

I agree! Get all the babies together with the correct parents already! I’ll be really happy to have Robin back, but I like Sabrina with Patrick, so that’s a real dilemma. I still haven’t gotten over the loss of Jason though. The show just hasn’t been the same for me since he left. I wish he would change his mind and come back.

21. jennie says:

I really love gh.i just wish they wouldn’t drag stories out so long
    I love franco and carly scenes

22. Naomi Daniels says:

GENERAL HOSPITAL, PLEASE BRING ROBIN BACK PERMENANTLY AS PATRICK’S WIFE!!!! THIS HAS BEEN ONE HECK OF A STORY. I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN IN LIKE THIS BEFORE. I LIKE SABRINA. DON’T LOVE HER CHARACTER MUCH. DOES ANYONE ELSE HATE THE WAY SHE CRIES? GH, PULL AWAY FROM HER IN ANY WAY YOU SEE FIT. DRAW MORE ATTENTION TO FELIX AND HIS NEW LAB PARTNER…ANOTHER LOVE STORY IN THE MAKING. LAB BUDDY GETS IT RIGHT WITH THE WORLD AND THEY FALL IN LOVE. HAVE SABRINA SUPPORT FELIX IN HIS RELATIONSHIP LIKE HE SUPPORTED HERS WITH PATRICK. THEN SHE CAN MOVE ON. WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE SURE PATRICK AND ROBIN STAY TOGETHER. THEIR RELATIONSHIP FEELS REAL AND RIGHT. THANK YOU.

23. Naomi Daniels says:

LULU HAS A LITTLE CRAZY IN HER EYES. IT’S SCARY! DON’T KILL OFF MAXIE. MAKE SURE LULU FINDS OUT THAT MAXIE NEARLY KILLED HERSELF AFTER KEEPING HER BABY FROM HER AND LATER FINDING OUT THAT ROBIN IS ALIVE. LULU SHOULD BE THE ONE ATTEMPTING TO TAKE HER LIFE AT THIS POINT. SHE FAILED AT GETTING CUSTODY, HER MARRIAGE SEEMS TO BE CRUMBLING BECAUSE OF HER LACK OF TRUST. AND SHE IS LOSING MORE AND MORE OF HER MIND EVERYDAY. WHEN LULU IS ABOUT TO COMPLETELY LOSE IT, THE TRUTH SHOULD COME OUT ABOUT BRITTA’S BABY. THE ONE I BELIEVE WOULD BE THE BEST PERSON TO DELIVER THE NEWS WOULD BE MAXIE. MAXIE NOT ONLY SAVES LULU’S LIFE BUT GIVES HER A NEW LIFE…THE LIFE OF HER AND DANTE’S SON, AKA BEN. SOON THINGS WOULD BEGIN TO COME TOGETHER BETWEEN THE 2 FRIENDS. ONCE LULU AND DANTE FIND OUT ABOUT THIER SON, THEY WILL SOON FIND OUT WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE IN MAXIE AND SPINELLLI’S SHOES. NOW WILL THE JUDGE GRANT HER CUSTODY OF HER CHILD? WE’LL SOON FIND OUT.

24. Amy says:

I want Robin and Patrick together permanently. I do not like Sabrina with Patrick. JTs character is boring with Sabrina. Robin and Patrick belong together. Now that Robin is back, Patrick needs to let Sabrina go and Focus on putting his family back together with Robin and Emma. I have no interest in GH until the two reunite.
    I would love to see Britta’s baby be lulu and Dante’s and hopefully those two work through LuLu’s craziness. Poor Nickolas he seems to really care for Britta and that will really hurt him knowing he was lied to again.

25. Carolyn says:

Well by now Patrick has told Sabrina that he has chosen to be with Robin and Emma, their child. I hope Sabrina finds a true love that I approve of and not get involved with her brothers’ criminal life I have been watching GH since it started and I really think this has been a great story. Keep up the good work.

26. Kathy says:

I hope Maxie and spinelle continue as a couple. Trying to find true love. They seem to keep interest in g h. . will they or will they ever……that is why GH fans stay tuned.

27. Annette says:

patric and subrina baby should not die