TVLine Items: Supernatural Fave Joins White Collar, Sesame Street Spoofs SOA and More!

White Collar Cast Mark SheppardA Supernatural presence is headed for White Collar.

Mark Sheppard has booked a major arc in the USA Network drama’s upcoming fifth season, HuffPost TV reports.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Reprising his role from the White Collar pilot, Sheppard will play an art forger whom Peter sent to prison.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Sesame Street has taken its signature spoofs to a new level with Sons of Poetry, a biker-themed parody of FX’s gritty hit Sons of Anarchy. “Growing up with bert & ernie, having a 6 yr. old who loves elmo. this meant so much to me,” Sons creator Kurt Sutter tweeted Monday. “thank you Sesame Street.” Watch the five-minute feature below, then hit the comments with your SAMCRO-loving thoughts.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Spoilers — Controversial Season 6 Premiere

Web series star Issa Rae (Awkward Black Girl) has teamed with The Daily Show‘s Larry Wilmore on a comedy series for HBO, Deadline reports. The project, starring Rae, centers on “the awkward experiences and racy tribulations” of a modern-day black woman.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (34)

• How does this ham Mark Sheppard keep getting work on decent shows? 100% fed up of him now.

Comment by Anna (@niannah) – August 6, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have no idea how anyone can dislike Mark Sheppard.

Comment by AJ – August 6, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I think he’s fantastic.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch (@mkroggasch) – August 6, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right? He’s not just a SPN favorite, he’s a sci-fi fan favorite! I had no idea there were people out there who dislike him.

Comment by Brooke – August 6, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He’s great on SPN. I loved him recurring for five years on Leverage.

Comment by Andy – August 6, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was also great on Doctor Who

Comment by Bender – August 6, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • love him on dr who!! and supernatural!

Comment by sarah – January 7, 2014 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he is the best villain on tv right no, thats how he keeps getting work.

Comment by Alan – August 7, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Issa! I really hope you bring some of the actors from Abg with you. Cece and Markus need to be on tv.

Comment by Amber – August 6, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sons of Poetry, ha, ha. Cute funny skit!

Comment by Heathers – August 6, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Mark Sheppard, can’t wait to see him back on White Collar!

Comment by Becky – August 6, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah!!! Can’t get enough of him.

Comment by Kristina – August 6, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Mark Sheppard, too. I don’t remember him from the pilot,though.

Comment by Bella – August 6, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think what’s more important than casting news is what day the show will actually be coming back. Then, I can give a crap about who’s returning. Seriously missing this show. I hope USA doesn’t pull a Psych and make us wait forever for it to return

Comment by A – August 6, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s returning in the fall. Probably in late September, like most fall shows.

Comment by bluefairy – August 6, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know they said it’s returning in the fall, I’m just eager for an actual date since most networks have already revealed premiere dates for their shows.

Comment by A – August 6, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Sheppard is a boss.

Comment by scifisiren – August 6, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Mark Sheppard on White Collar

Comment by Chris – August 6, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me, he will always be “Badger” from Firefly. Yes, I realize he was in maybe 2 episodes of a show that was only on for 14 episodes, a decade ago. Yes, I realize that this may make me sound pathetic.
    But it’s not just another show. It’s *Firefly,* dammit. Still flying.

Comment by Malachi – August 6, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Browncoats Unite!!

Comment by Bender – August 6, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this^

Comment by Vickie – August 7, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forever Firefly

Comment by Anne – August 7, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is like, a seventh of the show.

Comment by Michael – September 5, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see more of Sesame Street spoofing more TV shows like Breaking Bad, Homeland and many others.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 6, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s amazing how much Tig’s Muppet looks exactly like Kim Coates!!

Comment by Lana – August 6, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Kim Coates’s tig muppet is freakin COOL and looks just like him!
      That was a CUTE and FUN VIDEO for such a DARK AND GRITTY show. LOVE S.O.A!!!!!!!!

Comment by AshleyRae – August 7, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i know him as Sterling from Leverage

Comment by meatwad – August 6, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is where I first remember him but now I am amazed at all the shows he is in or has been on. Kind of like Mark Pellegrino. I had never heard of him until The Closer and now I find him everywhere. They are both great actors.

Comment by Ethel – August 7, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news does alot in taking the sting out of having a shortened season. I like the “Dutchman” and am glad that they are reprising Mark Sheppard’s role from the pilot. I also enjoyed Mark S.’s role in Leverage as Sterling.
    HURRY BACK WHITE COLLAR. WE MISS YOU!!

Comment by JBC – August 7, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never seen White Collar, but I will be watching if Mark Sheppard is in it! He is FANTASTIC in everything he does.

Comment by alice moore – August 9, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was also on Battlestar Galactica as Gauis Baltar lawyer,Roman.

Comment by Sunny – August 9, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this!!! Well done!

Comment by CeeCee – August 12, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post