Ratings: Falling Skies Dips Vs. Season 2 Finale

Ratings Falling Skies Season 3 FinaleTNT’s Falling Skies on Sunday night drew 3.7 million total viewers to its Season 3 finale, with 1.6 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot.

Those numbers are up 22 percent week-to-week and a slight improvement on the Season 3 average (3.5 mil/1.5 mil), yet down 4 and 11 percent from the sci-fi drama’s sophomore closer.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Season 3 opened with 4.2 million total viewers, with 1.9 mil in the 18-49 demo.

Falling Skies was renewed for Season 4 back in early July.

1. BooksWillSaveThePlanet says:

Rightfully so,
    Come on the wife & daughter return, the baby is now 8 or 9 years old with magical healing power, the cast scratching their heads and looking at each other with a WTF lazy eye does little to question the quick fade to black.

2. David4 says:

The finale was horrible for Falling Skies. Last week’s wasn’t better.

The whole season felt off and at times really slow, like we were building to something big. Then there was nothing and one shot took down the whole tower. No big fight. The argument with the Volm was silly, you are pissed they want to move you. They just saved all the life on the Earth. And how do you think other humans on the planet will be welcoming another alien species they have never seen? yeah I’m sure that would go smoothly.

And there are no aliens in Basil? haha

And then the worst was the ending! A six year old, two month old alien human hybrid baby with super powers! That was horrible! Should have left them dead! Or at the very least have it stay a baby! It’s like they took the worst from The 4400 and BSG and mixed them into one. Will the baby be the new savior of the human race like on BSG?

At least the Volm aren’t evil.

3. Daisy says:

It was a terrible ending to a mediocre season. I didn’t even realize it was the finale until I saw the episode summary. Disappointing.

4. CBWBDK1 says:

I’m not surprised. Season 2 was much better. I was really excited for this season, but it was terrible. I won’t be watching season 4.

5. John says:

The whole season felt awkward and slow. I went in with low expectations but this managed to be even worse than I anticipated. Their concept of rational logic was infuriating as well.

The idea that mankind would be in the process of fending off and losing against an alien invasion, then get assistance from different aliens who seemed capable of not only defeating the original aliens but protecting and saving all of mankind in the process, and this was somehow met with hostility and anger made absolutely zero sense.

Tom has got to be the worst President imaginable. Save all my people? Nah, let us be your canon fodder and die needlessly in your interstellar drive-bys instead. Moronic.

• Midori says:

I understand that a lot of humans would feel all aliens are evil. But the field would have killed everyone within three months, unless the Volm were lying. Even still, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. While I wouldn’t have wanted to move to Brasil, what ever happened to thinking about family? Just weird.

6. John says:

Also, Pope has become a complete caricature of himself and needs to go away, badly.

7. Elyse says:

I haven’t seen season one of falling skies… loved season 2… wasn’t impressed with season 3! hopefully season 4 is better.

8. K. says:

I didn’t think much of the finale either, I’m thinking they should’ve just ended it now! Of course I was a fan of Karen and they went and killed her off……Don’t think I’ll be back for season 4!!!!

9. MB says:

It sucked that’s why. The whole season sucked. Where did the train come from? Where did that boat come from? They just jumped all over the place this year. Cheesey lines? Pope: ” Smile you SOB”! Come on. They need some new writers.

• Ty says:

Yes, they do need new writers. I only watched because I needed a sci-fi fix, but the show is so flooded with cheesy dialog and stupid characters I had to skip through parts to keep from getting a headache. The one decent character they developed was the new president, she is the polar opposite of Tom Mason, the dumbest character on the show. The scientist was a caricature of a scientist, not too far off from professor frink on the simpsons.

Pope is a bore, his shtick got old a season and a half ago, as did the awe shucks nature of the colonel. They blew the best actor on the shows chest out at the start of the season (RIP John Locke), and they seem to delight in killing better characters.

I hate the youngest son, and the most interesting son, the middle one with the spikes got far less screen time and plot points this season. It was a total disaster.

And don’t get me started on the Volm, WTF are they? They sure as hell are not alien, they are some sort of hallmark card version of human freedom fighters (so @#$%ing corny, JESUS !!!), I just, the entire show is so insipid and inferior.

Contrast this to a show like continuum and see the relative shallowness of the writing by comparison.

10. tp says:

Guess I was the only one who liked this season. Even though I knew that baby would come back older, I still enjoyed the finale.

11. The rapid aging of Alexis Glass-Mason: the idea comes from the Original series V. Elizabeth Maxwell, the Star Child,of a human mother and reptilian father, grew up very quickly. She was the harbinger of peace. She saved Willie’s life. Now Alexis has saved Lourdes who most definitely deserved to be saved. Alexis may have been able to save Karen. Maggie should never have shot Karen. Karen was down. She is becoming far too possessive of Hal. Hal has the right to talk to Lourdes and Karen. Then she sends Hal away in a move that says “its over.” What is her message? The Volm are proven to be good people. What story lines will emerge next year?

12. John Grose says:

Magical babies = terrible idea + lazy writing. (shakes head) – John

13. Adam says:

That season was awful, it had none of the magic of the first two series, maybe TNT rested on their laurels. The one thing I am happy about is that the 2nd Mass are on the road again those were my favourite times of series 1 and 2.