Ratings: Killing Ends Up Versus Season 2 Finale

Get More: Finales, Ratings

Ratings The Killing Season 3 FinaleAMC’s The Killing on Sunday night revealed its latest serial slayer to 1.5 million total viewers while scoring a 1.2 household rating — up from the 1.4 mil/1.1 that the drama’s so-so sophomore season finale delivered, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | The Killing Season 3 Finale Recap: The Killer Is…

The finale’s total audience is on par with the show’s Season 3 average, which was 1.53 mil vs. Season 2′s 1.65 mil.

RELATED | Ratings: CBS Sunday Only Dips Slightly Despite TWC Blackout, Secret Millionaire Depreciates

The rain-drenched police drama launched in 2011 to 2.7 million viewers and a 2.0 household rating, while Season 3 opened to 1.8 mil/1.4.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

Tags: ,

Comments (15)

• Matt, you think it will get renewed?

Comment by Jayne – August 5, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it is renewed for Season 4. I thought they did a remarkable season this year. Really enjoyed the show. I want Linden and Holder back!

Comment by Bobbi – August 5, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After that finale, we need to see what happens next.

Comment by Liza180 – August 5, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news on the season finale of Falling Skies?

Comment by Meg – August 5, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ratings for FALLING SKIES — which is already renewed, regardless — are expected sometime Tuesday.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 6, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great season! We need it to be renewed!

Comment by Mari – August 5, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope The Killing is renewed for another Season

Comment by Whatever – August 5, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that THE KILLING is renewed I’ve been watching since day one. I think it’s Awesome! Linden & Holder are great together they make the show. Her dryness and his sense of humor works for me.

Comment by Susan – August 5, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such an underrated show. The acting is phenominal and that final scene of the finale begs for a season 4 to be produced.

Comment by Lisbeth Slander – August 6, 2013 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it gets picked up for another season. I liked season three better than the second season. It was so intense and wanted more as soon as the episode was over.

Comment by M Sapia-Bianca – August 6, 2013 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt….can you do a Spoiler Alert! with Michael and discuss the finale. It will make me feel better. :) Thank you! :)

Comment by Kim R – August 6, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope it gets renewed. Season three was a borderline masterpiece; it’s only misstep in my opinion was the final hour, which I find myself liking less and less the more I think about it. Still one of the best single seasons of a TV show I’ve seen in a long time. We need more Linden and Holder.

Comment by Wesley – August 6, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post