Magic City Cancelled After Two Seasons

Magic City CancelledMagic City is closing its doors for good.

Starz has opted not to renew the Miami-set period drama for a third season, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

“We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved,” Starz said in a statement Monday. “From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration. This was a story born from Mitch Glazer’s singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz.

“The season’s story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series,” the pay cabler continued, “and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa.”

Magic City concludes its run with the Season 2 finale this Friday at 9/8c.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the cancellation.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Cancellations

1. Edna Pike says:

What knuckle head made this decision? Jeez, Magic City’s a great show. I watched ever week. Time for me to dump Starz.

2. michael shupe says:

It was very slow but was a beautifully shot show. The set and costume design was amazing. Sorry it could not be appreciated on that level.

3. Amber says:

Please bring Magic City back!!!!!! I wish another channel could pick it up or something!!! I just started watching and I love it!!!!!

4. maryanngarciajaramillo says:

Just got stazs a few months ago I love watching magic city . Why can call it.

5. Steve Pollack says:

I think this was a bad mistake, to Cancell !!
    Black Sails shoukd have suní after 2nd. Show

6. Steve Pollack says:

They made a big mistake!!

• Paula R says:

That’s a real shame. Magic City was an excellent show! I guess we should have figured it would be cancelled just as all “well written & well acted” shows are. They have to make room for stupid sitcoms & reality shows. Please re-think this decision and bring back the Magic!!

7. DISH says:

Was looking forward to this & I can not believe this well written show was cancelled.
    I hope someone picks it up maybe HBO will!

8. Janet baliant says:

All I can say is why? It’s just filled with excitement. The characters can’t get better lookin and the roles they play are just perfect . We say sometimes characters are misplaced but not in this series. What I like is that it’s a grown up series. All of the actors are simply tremendous. Please can you give us a good reason why you cancelled. The story is also sensational bringing us far back in time. It’s done so well depicting that era. I’m extremely sad that we won’t see a continuing story.

9. no more magic city n0 more starz nomore looking forward to sunday night