What to Watch Sunday: The Killing and Falling Skies Finales, the New Doctor Who and More

the-killing-season-3-finaleOn TV this Sunday: The Killing and Falling Skies come to a close, it’s Sookie’s choice on True Blood, Dexter makes amends and Secret Millionaire returns. Here are are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

2 pm Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor (BBC America) | The twelfth Time Lord is revealed!

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

8 pm Secret Millionaire (ABC) | Season 2 premiere: Anne Beiler, the founder of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, travels to Baltimore to find people worthy of donations.

8 pm 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame Game (NBC) | The Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins kick off the NFL preseason from Canton, Ohio.

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Sunday – The Good Wife Vs. Homeland and Other DVR Dilemmas

9 pm The Killing (AMC) | Two-hour season finale: Sarah seeks peace… and risks her life when a loved one goes missing. (She’s not great at seeking peace, is she?) (Get scoop.)

9 pm True Blood (HBO) | Sookie must make a decision about brokering a deal between Warlow and Bill.

9 pm Dexter (Showtime) | Dexter and Debra get back to normal… though I’m not even sure what “normal” is for those two anymore.

VIDEO | True Blood Trailer Teases Final Five Episodes

10 pm Copper (BBC America) | As Corcoran hits a dead end in his investigation, Freeman fights to contain an outbreak in Five Points. (Get scoop.)

10 pm Devious Maids (Lifetime) | Marisol is at risk of blowing her cover when an ex-student recognizes her in front of Rosie.

10 pm Ray Donovan (Showtime) | Ray tries to shut down Van Miller’s investigation, and Ezra wanders off.

10 pm Falling Skies (TNT) | Season finale: The fate of Earth’s remaining survivors is put in doubt by the arrival of more interstellar players. (Get scoop and more scoop.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (45)

• THE KILLING!!!!
    Ray Donovan
    Dexter
    True Blood
    Falling Skies
    Copper

Comment by LynnH – August 4, 2013 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have really enjoyed The Killing this season- how many times did they rip my heart out and dance on it? The characters and writing have been amazing. I will miss it after tonight, and I really hope it comes back for another season.

Comment by Bosco – August 4, 2013 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agree with you!

Comment by Meganna – August 4, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So excited for The Killing! Just sad its over for the season. I hope we get another case next year.I’m not ready to give up Holder and Linden.

Comment by Liza180 – August 4, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What Bosco said basically

Comment by redjane12 – August 4, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you listening, AMC? There are lots of devoted fans of The Killing. Please renew it.

Comment by The Beach – August 4, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! I’ve loved this season!

Comment by Anna – August 4, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TRUE BLOOD!

Comment by Miles – August 4, 2013 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing
    Ray Donovan

Comment by DanielleZ – August 4, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Devious Maids, Drop Dead Diva, Food Network Star, Continuum

Comment by liz – August 4, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Continuum indeed. Season 2 finale!

Comment by Len – August 4, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No mention of the Doctor Who special at 2 pm? Lame.

Tonight: The Killing, Newsnight, True Blood

Comment by Simon Jester – August 4, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The DOCTOR WHO special has been added. – Mgmt.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 4, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Brother, Dexter, and Ray Donovn!

Comment by Richard – August 4, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing has been really good this season. I hope tonight is no different.

Comment by Sparky – August 4, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TRUE BLOOD of course!!!!

Comment by Lisa – August 4, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing and Falling Skies season finales. I’lll gonna miss both shows after tonight.

Comment by Joey – August 4, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dro Dead Diva

Comment by Brandy – August 4, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some of cant watch Dexter and Ray Donavan , Time Warner Can Rot In HELL

Comment by Joe Perugia – August 4, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter and the season finale of The Killing (hope AMC renews it for a fourth season).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 4, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drop Dead Diva and The Newsroom.

Comment by Gwen – August 4, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing! Just hoping they catch the sob not like first season they left us hanging with a huge wtf!

Comment by raiza – August 4, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I haven’t watched since they botched the finale of the first season so badly, but I’m kind of regretting not having watched this season since everyone seems to be enjoying it. I wonder if they’re planning on rerunning it from the season premier?

Comment by Meredith – August 4, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True Blood!! So excited!

Comment by Kristen – August 4, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter and The Killing on Tivo and the HOF game live.

Comment by jimbo – August 4, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing
    Dexter
    The Newsroom (not mention but whatever)
    I wonder if Mac will find out about Nina and Will tonight. I hope so. Bring on the angst.

Comment by May – August 4, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *not mentioned

Comment by May – August 4, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter
    Devious Maids
    True Blood

Comment by Jared – August 4, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hugh Laurie Live On The Queen Mary on PBS, Unforgettable.

Comment by JCK – August 4, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doctor Who!!!

Comment by BTM – August 4, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE KILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Ashley – August 4, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch: Drop Dead Diva, The Newsroom
    DVR: Devious Maids, Falling Skies

Comment by Meg – August 4, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing and Drop Dead Diva are my two favorite shows. I absolutely LOVE The Killing and I must say its nice to watch the light, cute and sweet DDD after the darkness of The Killing. Last week’s ep ripped my heart out and I’m still thinking about it. That execution was brutal and made me a fan of Peter Saarsgard (which I never really was before). He was incredible.

Comment by Liza180 – August 4, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And why isn’t Drop Dead Diva mentioned above? That’s a shame. Devious Maids is horrible. I tried watching the pilot and was so disgusted by it.

Comment by Liza180 – August 4, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do people still think they list every new episode of something each week? It’s kind of hilarious.

Comment by Danyelle – August 4, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because of TWC I don’t have Showtime tonight, so no new Dexter or Ray Donovan. So pi***d off.

Comment by Liz – August 4, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m in the same boat. But, I strongly support TWC’s decision. CBS is said to be asking for $2 per customer for what they provide for free over the air.

Comment by HAP – August 4, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing – I hope the Season finale does justice to a GREAT season. Not bad for a show that came back from the dead….And of course after tonight starts the painful wait until AMC confirms (fingers crossed) a 4th season…

Comment by redjane12 – August 4, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the same way. It has been a great third season! (The second season shall remain nameless) :) I hope we find ourselves back here tomorrow raving about the ending (in a good way!)

Comment by Kim R – August 4, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Newsroom, The Killing, Dexter, True Blood, Ray Donovan. I also hope they renew The Killing. The season seemed way too short, the characters barely had time to move.

Comment by bobbie – August 4, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just so happy that they give The Killing another chance otherwise we wouldn’t have this amazing season! I’m gonna miss it after tonight’s episode.

Comment by Mari – August 4, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable, Broadchurch, and The Killing.

Comment by Carol C – August 4, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing! (and I’m even going to watch live!)

Comment by Columbus – August 4, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TRUE BLOOD & THE NEWSROOM.

Comment by Miles – August 4, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post