Ratings: Camp Rises, Big Brother Drops

Get More: News, Ratings

Camp - Season 1NBC’s summertime Camp series had some spring in its step this Wednesday, drawing 4.1,6 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating — up 7 percent and two tenths from last week.

Leading into that, America’s Got Talent (10 mil/2.3) was down 6 percent and a tenth week-to-week, yet led the night in both measures. Plus, NBC notes, it was up 23 and 15 percent from last summer’s second results show.

Elsewhere, CBS’ Big Brother (6.1 mil/2.0) dropped 13 percent in the demo from last Wednesday, Fox’s MasterChef (5.4 mil/2.2) dipped a tenth and ABC’s The Lookout (3.5 mil/0.9) rose 19 percent (to a five-week high) and a tenth.

Comments (16)

• Is there any chance for Camp to be renewed for a second season??

Comment by Phillip – August 1, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel like it’s doing better than some of the shows that air on NBC during the regular season. So maybe?

Comment by Jake – August 1, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope so. I’m enjoying it quite a bit more than I expected. Plus, with all the cast members of Dance Academy (I’ve counted at least 5 so far) which just ended, it’s nice to see them getting more work.

Comment by Erika – August 1, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got caught up on Camp in the past week or so and it is so adorable. The promos don’t do much for it…but after watching it I really like it. Such a sweet, light-hearted show that’s perfect for summer.

Comment by CJ – August 1, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t expect to but I am enjoying Camp. It’s a fun show. One has to wonder if the drop in BB viewers is because Aaryn won HOH. Nobody wanted to see that even though Helen was really making all the decisions which IMO actually made it worse.

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 1, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing. The ratings have been slipping since Aryan won HOH.

Comment by Et al – August 1, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s doesn’t help that both Howard & Candice are on the block. I hope America gets MVP again and picks Helen. The peeps in the house are to stupid to see that she’s playing them all, girl needs to go, lol :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 1, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes. I can’t stand Helen now. She’s so over the top in everything. It’s fine for her to lie and make alliances and just be straight up awful, but heaven forbid anyone else do it. Would love to see Amanda go home this week and Helen next week.

Comment by tripoli – August 1, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Camp is a great Summer show! I wish NBC had done more to promote it, and I hope it gets a renewal.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – August 1, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone had mentioned previously that some of the Camp cast were on a show called Dance Academy, which has since become an obsession of mine. I wonder if the Camp will incorporate a dance off!

Comment by Rola – August 1, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! It should have a dance number! At least with the cast of Dance Academy, they dance so well.

Comment by Marlon – August 1, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Camp is my secret pleasure.. Then again it’s probably because of Rachel Griffiths.. I’ve enjoyed all her shows and I guess she’s happy not playing a daughter… though in reality she is since she’s running the camp her father started but he’s dead.. In her previous shows, 6 Feet Under and Brothers and Sisters, she had a Mom.. I know a cool crossover.. how about having her guest on Parenthood and cause problems for Adam and Kristina!! That’s on NBC as well..

Comment by drhenning – August 1, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’m so happy for Camp! Such a funny and lovely show!
    Already shipping Mac and Cole.. :)

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – August 1, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As an Australian I had some doubts that they would do it, but by all reports it’s fantastic that an Australian cast has been able to pull off such a classic American-themed show as “Camp”, filmed entirely in Australia, for an American audience so convincingly.

Comment by Rich from Melbourne – August 1, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I honestly didn’t know they were Australian and it was filmed there until I read about it. It’s very convincing. Story wise, the show has some issues, and needs some time to work out the kinks… but I love it as a summer series.

Comment by MM – August 1, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ratings are dropping in BB15 because of Amanda. Sooooo had enough of her. If she don’t leave tomorrow night, another viewer gone

Comment by Kelly – September 3, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post