Glee Likely to End After Season 6, Unless...

Glee Ending Season 6Gleeks, mark your calendars: Fox president Kevin Reilly is envisioning a May 2015 end date for the tale of William McKinley High School’s scrappy show-choir members (and alumnae).

RELATED | Fox Boss Previews Glee‘s Finn Tribute Episode and PSA Plan

“Never say never, but… there’s two very clear arcs to get to that end and conclude [the series],” Reilly told reporters when asked about the future of Glee at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills. “If we discover a new crop of kids and there’s some breakout, who knows. But right now, we’re thinking about two seasons.”

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Ominous Premiere Title Revealed — Whose ‘Fate’ Is In Question?

The network ordered two more rounds of Glee — Seasons 5 and 6 — last April. So based on Reilly’s comments, the curtain will (likely) fall on New Directions & Co. at the end of Season 6.

Glee‘s Season 5 premiere was pushed back a week to Sept. 26 after the unexpected death of series star Cory Monteith last month.

1. emma says:

So what is gonna happen? Like about Cory? Will they replace him and call that guy Finn or will they say he actually did pass. Or they should make him join the army. in season 1 2 and 3 he wanted to so they could send him there and say something happened.

2. Danielle says:

For those who are commenting with hatred, that’s your choice, your right everyone has their own view and perception of the show, however, if you really hate the show that much and stopped watching it in like the first two seasons then why are you even commenting on the message board? I just don’t understand how some people hate on things they never even watched or cared to watch. Some have learned life lessons and can adapt to many of the storylines that take place and that’s another reason as to why they love the show so much, aside from the characters, musical and dance numbers of course. I have been a huge fan since day one and will still continue too watch the show even without Cory (Finn) because yes he was a big part of the show and my favorite character in general, however, they do have other great actors and actress’ on the show. Cory will be tremendously missed and they do need to have Finn cut out from the show respectively and make sure that he’s not forgotten. But then again like he even says in the earlier seasons, ‘the show must go on’ and he’s right. The ratings are of course going to drop, given that’s the chances shows take, its called business people, that’s what happens. The fact that they are still the top 5 on FOX’s network and still continuing is a great success. Yes they shouldn’t continue after season 6 because you can’t beat the originals. It’s just a proven fact. They should have finished with the originals and created a spin-off show with the ‘newbies’ and start over with them like a Glee 2.0 or what have you. The originals are what made the show and they should be what ends the show, They are ENDGAME.

• Roy Porter says:

Glee is an excelleny show but it needs to end now while it is still good; the show has launched many stars and it should end on this very high note . In short Glee has been my wonder of thurs!!!
      Roy Porter Nc

3. Mena says:

@Danielle, I agree in parts with your comment. Those if us who speak out about what is wrong with the show have the right like anyone who loves the show to comment on forums like this one. When we have seen how the show has drastically changed, some for the better and some way wrong and too far from how great Glee could be. The PSAs are terrible IMO. I choose to watch Glee to be entertained not lectured to about social issues. I think that Glee turning to Lima focus at 75% of airtime in season 4 just blew Glee for me.

I agree that Glee ruined itself by trying to do NY and Lima stories in the framework. NY is what I am interested. I absolutely disliked the drama on Glee this year. I think that Finchel, Klaine and Britanna needed to break up but Glee took the drama to well over the top dramatic to ridiculously predictable and too depressing for a comedy show. Glee needs to get back to doing comedy. I think that Glee would have been better received if they ended after season 3. Season 4 was just too serious and Rachel was pathetic. Kurt was Rachel’s roomie with little to do. Santana showed up in NY way too late. Finn has been forgotten to the point of making him look like an oaf to pathetic. He had some promise season 2 and 3. The characterizations are bent into other beings and the lessons they’ve learned had been totally forgotten. Glee is so inconsistent it is painful to watch week to week. Especially, NY.

I have never been a Blaine fan and never will, so when Glee season 4 gives Blaine the most screentime then that makes the most boring television that I’ve ever seen. The best actors were seldom used and the worst actors were mostly used. This IMO makes for unwanted watching of stories of HS. The stories of s4 at McKinley were redone stories of s1. Rachel afraid to being pregnant was the most terrible and out of character story crap Glee has ever done. Seasons 5 and 6 will definitely be overhauled to feature more Blaine now that Cory is gone. This isn’t interesting TV to continue with Glee. I chose to watch for Finn, even though he was sidelined for Blaine to sing all the time. He might be a good performer but an actor he is not. Glee has turned to seriously lesser quality television. I will watch the 1st episode and will decide then if it is worth the bother. I might watch the Finn episode just to say goodbye to Cory, but if Glee is going to tarnish his memory with drug PSAs then Glee won’t be for me. I hope Rachel has a really good story season 5. I hope Kurt has more to do too. I hope Santana’s story is excellent as well. Forget Lima and Blaine.

4. Mena says:

Here is a break down of minutes over season 4.
    681-Total airtime minutes of Glee without commercial time.
    252-Blaine
    220-Marley
    200-Jake
    199-Sam
    182-Rachel
    153-Finn
    146-Kurt
    78-Santana

5. Tracy says:

The problem lies with the new cast; they can sing but they aren’t as talented or charismatic as the original cast and the chemistry is not there. The original cast was lightening in a bottle! Lea Michele was such a breakout star and the writing/music was better, Now, Ryan Murphy is too distracted with other projects and the newbies just can’t cut it. They need to end things at McKinley and move the show to NYC with the original kids. It could run longer if they did that!

6. BluberiGoldfish says:

Can I remind American people that you’re not alone in the TV world?? Because of you, some shows that were appreciated by, let’s say, French people, because where I’m from, have been simply cancelled just because American ratings weren’t good enough, although in another countries they were quite good.
    I also do not agree with former fans/current haters with the “it’s just crap / they should’ve ended after season 1/3 / get the original cast back / stop focusing on useless newbies/all NYC”. Since the show is based on real-life events, it’s completely normal to see teens graduate and going to college far from home, younger teens arriving to high school and trying to fit in. These are things that happen all the time since centuries (maybe not centuries, but at least last century).
    I’m a fan since the beginning (well, when it arrived in France), and I keep watching the show since for both storylines and songs. Even though I agree that some episodes aren’t that great, they are still pleasant and so are the songs. But they are also episodes and songs which absolutely fantastic!
    Some say that the storylines are utterly ridiculous, but trust me, some French shows’ storylines are way more ridiculous. Which is why I’m begging you, please, don’t prevent us from good American TV shows!

7. Jamess says:

I don’t care about what anyone says, glee is amazing its a great show. It’s unique and I’ve never stopped loving it. If you don’t like then don’t watch it. It’s that simple. But if you keep coming back than obiviously they’re doing something right. And there’s a reason they’re made it to season 5 with an average 5 million American viewers an episode. That’s better than some shows. Like the VAMPIRE DIARIES! Which I love, but they only get like 3 million views an episode.

8. hunter says:

I think they should make a seventh season but cut out the new characters and. Bring back all the old characters and just have the time of there life in new York and that’s how I think it should end

9. I am going to be sad when and if glee will end after season 6 I love glee with all of my heart

10. amelia says:

Hey glee is awesome I have all the seasons abd have been watching glee from the very beginning glee got me tought me alot like alot of the problems the show covered helped me I glee was my 1 hour get away from reality im sad that they are ending glee its a show that had alot of amazing covers of amazing songs yes glee isn’t the same sents cory died that I think had a big change on glee but for thoughs who actually like glee and watch it to get threw there problems just like I did so I say let glee go on for thoughs who need inspiration like I said continue glee

11. PJ says:

Glee is a great show an has been for almost 5 amazing seasons. I have laughed,cried and even been enraged by the story lines lol. I have all 4 seasons on dvd and will buy the 5th and 6th seasons as well. However with Naya Rivera apparently leaving the show I doubt if there really is a reason to watch it. Still without hesitation I say that Glee is my show and I will stand by it FOREVER- end of story. #gleeforever

12. Curtis Kunkel says:

Glee taught me not to give up and your giving up on the show because of something as small as a sad unafortuanent death of Cory monteith!

13. Rose Caplette says:

I want to be in glee please