Glee Likely to End After Season 6, Unless...

Glee Ending Season 6Gleeks, mark your calendars: Fox president Kevin Reilly is envisioning a May 2015 end date for the tale of William McKinley High School’s scrappy show-choir members (and alumnae).

RELATED | Fox Boss Previews Glee‘s Finn Tribute Episode and PSA Plan

“Never say never, but… there’s two very clear arcs to get to that end and conclude [the series],” Reilly told reporters when asked about the future of Glee at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills. “If we discover a new crop of kids and there’s some breakout, who knows. But right now, we’re thinking about two seasons.”

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Ominous Premiere Title Revealed — Whose ‘Fate’ Is In Question?

The network ordered two more rounds of Glee — Seasons 5 and 6 — last April. So based on Reilly’s comments, the curtain will (likely) fall on New Directions & Co. at the end of Season 6.

Glee‘s Season 5 premiere was pushed back a week to Sept. 26 after the unexpected death of series star Cory Monteith last month.

1. Erika says:

I wish I could say I were surprised, but that kind of renewal after weeks (if not months) of speculation about whether or not the fifth season would be the last, it seemed obvious that they were plotting end game.

• Amy says:

True. But honestly, Glee should have ended a while ago. But remember in its first season, RM said he couldn’t envision the show going beyond 6 seasons? Yeah, he hit the nail on the head. Glee will always be remembered as a pop culture phenomenon at a certain time but somewhere between the middle of season 2, the character inconsistency, character assassinations, out of the blue character romantic pairings, storylines that didn’t make sense ect, not being a comedy but pretending to be a show that should be on AMC was enough. I wish Lea Michele the best in her future and Glee was good for what it was but this is the right move.

• Eddie says:

Agreed. I still believe that the core cast is much more annoying and inconsistent than the new ones.

• Zoe says:

You just summed up why I stopped watching Glee in the first place. Around the second season is when the writing took a nosedive that I hadn’t seen since Heroes was on the air. I stopped enjoying the show and started face-palming at it. Personally, I think that this upcoming season should be the last, but if they’re plotting the endgame, it’s a good start. They need to stop dragging out a show that hasn’t been consistently good in a long time.

2. James says:

FINALLY! It should’ve ended after Season 3.

• Cheri says:

I agree.

• Joel V says:

Sorry to say, but, yeah I agree. The new cast is talented, but it just hasn’t clicked for me the same way as the original. They should’ve just gone with the spinoff of NYC.

• Olivia says:

You think they would learn a lesson with this being repeated by the fans for a year now. But nope. If only they could get their heads out of their butts and see that the only reason the fans still watch is because of the original characters. Yes, they absolutely should have gone the spin-off route. It would have given the fans what they wanted (following the originals) while giving a chance to the noobs to earn sympathy at the same time. There would be less bitterness from the fandom about screetime and songs etc. Oh well, I will of course watch the tribute to Cory, then resume my IDGAF relationship with Glee and watch only the scenes I’m interested in on the web.

• Jake says:

I’m sad to say that I’m officially adopting the IDGAF philosophy with this show as well. I’ll watch the first 3 episodes, but then I think I’m done once it goes on hiatus. Unless they can come up with a good reason for me to keep watching

• Laura J says:

Can you bitchers and complainers all go to hell?! Please?! If this show was so bad. First why care to comment? Second? Why did it last 4 seasons in the first place?

• Whatever says:

I’ve got to admit, Glee has lasted one season too many.

As sure as I was it was going to wrap in season 3, I guess this is still good news to the producers and others who enjoy the revenue.

• t86 says:

Totally agree. It should’ve ended after Season 3, no doubt.

• Todd says:

Totally agree. When S3 ended, I stopped watching the show. S3 became a real chore to watch but I wanted to get to the end. It was a great jumping off point.

• Jermey says:

For me, it should have ended after season 1. Season 2 was really bad, and they only went downhill from there.

3. K says:

Wish this was the last season. The quality hasn’t been good for a while and it’s starting to feel like a chore watching the episodes.

4. James says:

FINALLY! They should’ve ended it after Season 3.

• dan says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: they made a huge mistake at the beginning of Season 3 when they revealed that so many people were Seniors. It should’ve just been Finn (b/c he was already the quarterback so he wouldn’t have been a Freshman) and Quinn (she was head Cheerio, again she couldn’t have been a Freshman). Then they could’ve had the originals all graduate together at the end of Season 4 which either could’ve been the last season or they could’ve added some new people and take it one more season. The brought in way too many newbies in Season 4 and they are all basically clone-characters of the originals, which was a huge waste of time with rehashing similar storylines. I’m not sure I’ll be watching much longer.

5. Amy says:

2 seasons to late imo.

6. Marlon says:

Although I like the show, I believe it’s right to finish it in the end of season six.

7. Tom says:

Lea Michele and Chris Colfer’s contracts end in S6. They finally figured out the NEWBIES SUCK and can’t carry the show! LMAO!!!

• Marlon says:

Agree!

• Claudia says:

I can totally see Glee without Berry and the doll face. That’s why Reilly says that if someone new outshines your beloved ones, Glee will totally go on… Or not, who cares anyway.

• Amy says:

Pretty much and not they won’t end it unless they find new talent to basically resurrect the show. If Glee wants to be what it once was, they need to reboot all the characters. Just get rid of everyone. The main problem is 99% of the people on this show CAN’T ACT!! Hello?! And then Glee wants Emmy nods? No. And don’t even get me started on the singing. .

• Cheri says:

Yes THIS.

• 504 says:

Nah,get rid of the new ones.”The wannabe’s” Bring back the original cast the real cast. Kill that high school storyline. In go into the characters journey’s out side of high school. All the characters not just Rachel,Kurt & Santana. With great writing/character development/plot line. Glee has already been nominated in the past and won Emmy’s and etc. So,those days of winning awards are over. Unless they start writing good material again….. But,hey not going to happen.

• Me says:

You’re right.. Not gonna happen bc nobody cares about the blah NY crap. If Glee is gonna reboot somehow, it’ll be inside McKinley High. DOT

• Cheri says:

It took them long enough to realize that. Glee is not good anymore. Now, that Cory is gone, The main dynamics of the show are nullified. It should have ended season 3. Season 4 was just a huge let down and nothing but a negative drag.

• Jay says:

Agreed. I cannot see a future to the show without Lea and Chris. They should have just spun off their story when they had the chance.

8. Marcos says:

For those who say “Finally”, “it’s going late”… If you don’t like the show, why do you even care to write about it?

• Amy says:

Problem is people DO still like certain characters from the show now most are just fed up with it.

• Zoe says:

This! I totally get that people don’t like hearing bad talk about their favorite show, but many people are forgetting that a lot of these commenters are former Gleeks themselves who just got fed up and stopped watching, but still care enough to read news on it.

• Tom says:

I don’t care about Glee, but I care about Lea, Chris and Naya. They are my only reasons for sticking around now that Cory has passed. So I’m thankful Fox is finally putting end the mess Ryan created with that disaster of Season 4. If we get lucky they will decide to dump the newbies post graduation, use the rest of the season to finish up Rachel’s story and the stories of originals left and end it S5.

• Ash says:

Because at one point most of us loved the show and enjoyed the characters and performances, but after a certain point, we realized that the show has been crapped on and have been hoping that it would soon be put out of it’s misery. It matters regardless of whether we still watch it, to not. Also, the comments section is for just that comments, both in favor and out.

• Jenny says:

I know for me I am such a fan that it angers me to see it limping along. Last week I started rewatching from season 1 and I was getting so mad because there was a spark in the first season that just isn’t there anymore. It isn’t the same show that extremely enjoyed season 1 and 2.

• Sassy says:

Because it’s fun to annoy whiners like you!

• patti says:

Agreed. Don’t keep watching if you don’t like the show

9. finally says:

show should have ended after season 3 imo. shows not the same anymore.

10. Jake says:

I stopped after season 2.

• Jozef Wierzbinski says:

I watched the 4 seasons and I enjoyed it. The music is mostly good but sometimes really marvelous. “We are young” is sweet. We all like this song. I ordered the CD in the States because we can’t buy it in Belgium. The GLEE cast perform a short version of this song during the 3th season part 8. Do you know this song ? It’s a piece of art, … No ?

11. B.Sidney says:

Yes prayer circle everyone .This mess is ending next and the we’ll get a proper closure

12. Prue says:

I actually loved season 4. I didn’t care for seasons 1, 2 and 3 (probably because I didn’t like some of the characters and storylines). I mean it was a comedy show. Some people liked that. In season 4 they shifted to a more dramatic tone, which is why liked it more.

13. Sylwek says:

Am I the only one who thinks that season 4 was way better than season 3? Less theme episodes, more plot.

14. name required says:

It’s not gonna be the same without Cory/Finn anyway, so I’m fine with them ending it then. I’m not even sure how this fifth season is going to shake out.

15. Ram510 says:

I thought we already knew this

16. Taylor says:

If you don’t like the newbies what’s the point in writing. I personally love the show and will continue to support it. I feel that the new characters were “boring” because they weren’t the main part of the show. This season I feel that they’ll break out more because they’re now main characters. I believe in the glee writers.

• Tom says:

The Newbies and Lima got 80% of the screen time last season. They were the main part of the show and ratings tanked.

Did you miss this Riley quote? That says point blank the Newbie can’t cut it.
      “Glee season six will likely be its last unless the show uncovers an amazing new cast.”

I wouldn’t count on the Newbies breaking out or being the main anything now that they have an end date. Ryan’s last quote on Glee was stating Lea Michele is the show and he would end it if she asked him too. Once the seniors graduate and Blaine moves to NY there is really nothing left in Lima. Rumor is Matt is leaving sometime this season. Don’t be surprised if Glee goes heavy NY so Ryan can finish telling Rachel’s story and drops the Newbies to an after thought. The only story Ryan has ever said he planned to follow til the end is Rachel’s. Lea, Chris, Naya, and Darren are stars and main characters, not any of the Newbies.

• Taylor says:

I will stand by glee through literally everything. And if you’re too stuck on the old cast then so be it. But I believe that things happen for a reason. I honestly think the whole thing in NYC was so annoying, boring, and such a waste. It’s called glee. Not NYADA. I honestly think that the new cast is more talented because out of all the seasons I’ve watched this one was more prominent for me due to personal reasons.

• Chris says:

I haven’t watch S4 because S3 was bad enough, but from what I’ve seen on commercials, the new cast is bad. HOWEVER, I will agree with you that Glee can’t be all about Rachel because that’s not Glee, that’s NYADA. That’s a spinoff. A completely different show. Glee is about a glee club. That’s why it’s called Glee. Geez.

• SpringAwakeningFan says:

The problem is trying to have it both ways, which seems to just be annoying fans on both sides. Apparently some of you really like the new kids, and others of us really just want to follow the storylines of Rachel and the rest of the originals, whether it’s on Glee or a spin-off. Instead, we found ourselves sifting through newbie scene after newbie scene waiting for the NYADA scenes which made up about 20-percent of the average episode and 90-percent of the reason we were still watching the show. I’ve got nothing against the new kids, but I have nothing for them either. I rarely felt drawn in by their storylines.

• Chris says:

@SpringAwakeningFan I pretty sure I wouldn’t like the newbies. Haven’t watched, but from the talk I’ve heard they’re pretty bad, so I’ll trust what everyone says. I do understand that the fans want the original group, but you can’t have Glee being all about NY and NYADA. Honestly, they should have started them all off as freshman, graduated them in S4, and tried a spinoff with them in New York.

• Trent says:

So because of “personal reasons” that caused you to connect with this season you suddenly feel entitled to declare the new cast more talented than the original cast that includes not only award nominees but actual winners. I think you should check your logic. It’s fine to like one side better, but not to make blanket statements that completely ignore the reality of the situation.

• Libby says:

@Trent-I’m gonna go out in a limb and say that you must be connecting to a story line with the old characters. To each his own

• Taylor says:

Claiming someone else more talented is not a fact but an OPINION. So yes due to the fact that I was borderline an EATING DISORDER I do believe that I can say that the fact that something on television helped me to get through something gives me the right to say that I like the newer cast better and I think they are more talented. So check your logic Trent :)

• karenb says:

@Taylor-

+10000000

I happen to love the new cast.

BLAKE JENNER PEOPLE-BLAKE JENNER!!

• Amélie says:

Yes, it’s called Glee, but not High School McKinly. So they can easily move to New-York. Glee isn’t an institution, it can be everywhere. Exemple: NYADA have a Glee club.

17. Ian says:

I really hope this means they’re going back to the human, honest core of the show with their storytelling and focusing on the original characters again. I’m one to also say the show should have ended awhile ago, but if they want to get back the quality and aren’t fine to be a joke anymore, then Glee rightfully should have these last 2 seasons.

18. Ann says:

The writers made a big mistake by graduating the original cast so quickly. Now they’re making an even bigger mistake by slowing down the school year so we get more time with the new group of kids which everyone hates. It’s great seeing the originals in college and all, but it’s not the same…Glee was supposed to be about a group of HIGH SCHOOL misfits trying to fit in through music….it jumped the shark the day Rachel, Kurt, Finn, etc. graduated.

• Ann says:

I should also state that they should end the show now and not bring it back in the Fall. I don’t want to see one of my most favorite tv characters die!

• Mari says:

The cast and crew should lose their jobs because you don’t want to watch something you’ll find unpleasant.

If nothing else, they deserve the chance to try and find a way to make this work. Just immediately cancelling would be an even bigger tragedy for many people who would not be able to pay their bills.

• Chris says:

Since that interview with Ryan talking about Lea wanting to go on with the show, people act like if the show were to get cancelled, everyone involved would go homeless. Not the case. Show business is show business. You don’t carry on a show just so the lighting guy gets a paycheck. They’ll be fine, trust me.

• Trent says:

That’s what happens every time a show is cancelled due to low ratings. It’s hardly a world-ending tragedy.

19. CBWBDK1 says:

This show died after season 3. Season 4 isn’t worth watching. It’s a waist of time!

20. Andy says:

Is it possible for Kevin Reilly and the other FOX Powers To Be to not have a 6th season and just end after this next one? I can’t help but think they must regret ordering two more seasons at the end of this last year, given what has happened now.

• Tom says:

I think if Ryan and Fox agree they can end it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox on it’s own can end it. Ryan doesn’t seem to care about Glee anymore anyway.

• Lydia says:

Just because it was renewed for two seasons doesn’t mean they won’t cancel it if the ratings keep tanking.

21. Jared says:

When FOX renewed Glee for 2 seasons I had a feeling that was going to be it. Atleast now that the writers have a clear time table they can write a fulfilling ending to a great series.

22. Joey says:

“William McKinley High School’s [s]crappy show-choir”

Fixed

23. Tay says:

Just cancel it already. Season 3 was awful and season 4 was embarrassing. It’s only going to get worse from here on out, especially if those insipid new characters continue to dominate the show. The only thing that could save Glee, at this point, is an almost exclusive focus on the NY characters. Lea, Chris and Naya are head and shoulders above all the other actors talent-wise and Glee needs to exploit that.

24. A says:

It’s really sad seeing how many people watch this show with complete hate, wishing over and over that it be cancelled. I don’t understand why are you watching it then. I really don’t get when people say stuff like “oh we still love the characters but we’re fed up with the show and we want it cancelled”. It’ll get cancelled when it gets cancelled. No one is holding a gun to your head and saying that you have to sit through it every week,
    I definitely get tired sometimes with certain characters and storylines, but with every show there will be something to be picky about. At the end of the day I still love this show and still support it and hope it gets better, The first three seasons were really good IMO, Season 4 was a little subpar, but who I’ll still give it more chances because it still brings joy and entertainment (to me at least) and if I don’t like a particular storyline in that episode I will stick to watching the musical performances.

• Nat says:

You have no idea how much it pains me to wish it gets cancelled, but I do. Because for a while this show was one of the best things that happened for bullied kids and “outcasts”. It was a beacon of hope for us, we actually could see ourselves in those characters. I guess we could say the show had a soul, and somewhere along the way they completely lost it. They started these PSA storylines that ended up insulting people more than enlightening them, and became more worried about how their iTunes sales were going. So it really hurts to want it to be over, because yes, I still love the characters, but what’s the good in seeing them getting ruined over and over again?

• Sassy says:

No one is asking you to understand because we all have free will and the right to our own opinions. Stop trying to dictate how other people can or cannot enjoy a show! Why do you even care? If you only want a world of rainbows and cupcakes where no one is allowed to criticize things than maybe the internet just isn’t for you.

• A says:

Well, you’re just awesome person aren’t you! There’s constructive criticism and then there’s constant hate and negativity. Please learn the difference! And if we all the free will and the right to our own opinions, then I have the right to be baffled by the fact that some people continuously watch something with such hatred and constantly wishing it cancellation. I could care less about you and what you like, This is a public TV discussion forum where we are all allowed to post out thoughts and opinions. We are allowed to express disagreement with other commenters. Mine just happen to conflict with yours, but that doesn’t mean you have to be an ass about it!

25. A says:

And for all those people who keep complaining about wanting it to get cancelled, you know what? If you all stop watching it then maybe it will get cancelled because the ratings would drop. A lot of you keep watching just to hate on it and that’s just more viewers you are adding to the show that give it a better chance of staying on the air

• Tom says:

Actually we don’t have to watch and many of us don’t. I wait til the next day and only watch the NY side of the show on tumblr. Takes all of 10 min. And I only songs of the original cast.

• Finn says:

It’s called watching online, I stopped watching it live a long time ago. It’s called supporting lea Michele Chris colfer and the rest of the cast by keeping up with how much longer they’re stuck in that drowning show. There has been a huge obvious drop in viewers since season three and its understandable. The fact they haven’t been nominated since season one says something too. I really doubt had Cory not unfortunately passed away the writers would have continued to milk this show for all they can because they know the Tweens don’t care about actual plot and development. It’s sad to see a show once hilarious and rich turn to this, it really is. Glee and gossip girl are in the same grouping of shows that have gone on for WAY too excessively long. Sad.

• A says:

For someone who claims to be supporting Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, and the rest of the cast, you’re pushing for a cancellation, thus leading to them to eventually being jobless. The only people I can see having success outside of Glee would be Lea Michele, Darren Criss, Naya Rivera, and Chris Colfer, maybe Dianna Agron and Cory Monteith (but he sadly passed away). The rest of them (i.e. the newbies and even some of the old cast) may never get hired to the same extent on a show again.
        Why not push for a new writing team first and seeing how a different set of writers might handle the show from a different perspective?

26. Fernanda says:

Maybe all depends of the first 3 episodes ratings. I know Glee will never get more than 10 million people who watch the show as the first 2 seasons. If They maintain 6 or 7 million we could see another and possibly final season.

They should wrapped out Rachel’s Journey and she becomes the biggest Broadway Star. I imagine the final scene all cast (old and new) singing together “Seasons of Love” and Rachel remembers her Finn when she sings.

• Melissa says:

Glee has been “maintaining” closer to 4 to 5 million this last season and as it drops more viewer every year I don’t see that happening.

27. Cheri says:

Glee made a lot of money from me from seasons 1 through 3. After the crap of season 4, I have learned to be frugal and purchase only what is really enjoyable to watch or listen to. Of which I have not spent a penny. I have always chosen to support the show that gave me joy. Season 4 Glee was nothing called JOYFUL. I was an agonizing chore to watch.

28. dude says:

Season 6 would be a good place to end it. This was never a show meant to go on for 10 years.

• Chris says:

They should’ve all started out in 9th grade and let it be a four season series.

• I D says:

I agree completely! They shouldve had 4 seasons for each year of highschool and then 1 last season (5) to maybe wrap up eveyone’s future such as Rachel with Finn and her Broadway, Kurt and Blaine in NY, Santana with Brittany, Mercedes music and Mike’s dance. It honestly wouldve been so cute and it couldve been done nicely really easily. I do hope glee ends on a good note, and I hope they make the final episodes about the music and the love rather than the over the top drama. It is heartbreaking seeing the quality of the storylines deteriarating.

29. Mike from CA says:

Note to Glee writers: stop trying to make the new kids happen. It’s not going to happen.

30. Boiler says:

I wonder how much Ausiello would want donated to his favorite charity to end comments for this show. The hate it gets is mind boggling.

31. Joseph says:

Story is sort of a NON STORY , since it means we still have to get 2 More Years of Badly Done Musical Productions :)

32. Chris says:

A fan wanting Glee to get cancelled is the television equivalent to taking a loved one off life support so they no longer have to suffer. Most of us don’t watch, but don’t understand how a show that was so great in the beginning, turn to crap so quickly. It really seems like they gave up trying to make Glee good. Like going from A+ essays to a lazy, I-don’t-care paragraph written in crayon the class before just so you have something to hand the teacher. As much as I wish Glee could have kept its season one greatness, it hasn’t. It won’t end on a high note, but it can end on a better note than the atrociousness that will undoubtedly be season six. I really feel like Glee won’t make it past this season, though. I have a fear that after episode three, in order to not darken the tone of the show or at least so Rachel can remain the same, that the show will move on from Finn and ultimately, it will be like he never existed. Which I don’t think will be tasteful considering how big Finn was a part of Rachel, and how big he and Finchel were to the show. I’m not a Finchel fan (it was fine either way to me.), but regardless, they were a huge part of the show since the very first episode, and I think that’d be viewed very negatively. Plus the ratings will probably reach a new low after the hiatus.

33. w says:

This show should have stopped after 3. The bashing of fandoms on twitter, the horrible rushed make no sense couples, characters written so ooc I don’t even know who they were for the season, the 2.0 and the 2.0 storylines. I will tune in for the Corey episode but after that I have no interest.

34. 504 says:

That’s were they went wrong…..Discover a new crop of kids. No. They tried that last season and look what happen. Nothing or nobody is going to be or replace the original cast. That’s where ”RIB” the writers and ”Fox” fail…..and will continue too. Besides the bad writing/character development/low ratings and songs not good.

35. Jillian says:

Knowing that a show is going to end two years in advance is comforting. Now us TRUE fans have time to enjoy the last two seasons and know that we will have closure at the end of the series. Hopefully all of the original core cast (Amber, Mark, Dianna, Harry, Heather) will come back for the series finale in 2015.

• Ann says:

It’s awful condescending of you to define what makes a “true” fan. i think you can be a fan of something and still acknowledge it’s flaws.

36. Allen says:

Finally! This show should have ended long ago. The writing is so poor thank goodness.

37. Mike says:

When the seniors graduate this year they should move the show to New York and go Broadway Skies the limit after that. They can bring in new characters and revive the show that way. Don’t forget Glee also means finding happiness.

38. Dovey D says:

They do a great job with Lima and New York.

39. Dan says:

They need to just find some damn new kids we want to watch. They did it once, and they can do it again.

40. Robin says:

Once the originals all started graduating and moving on, it should have been winding down at that point. I’ve only remained a true fan and watched it every week for the singing and the dancing. I’ve had to pretty much ignore the story lines half the time because they were either too ridiculous or just felt “off”.

41. ST. says:

I think Kevin Reilly just admitted the new kids failed to BREAKOUT. Way to be half a season too late to that party.

42. Ella says:

To be honest, I would be surprised if it goes beyond episode 3 of season 5. Say what you will about new talent, the core of that show are Rachel, Finn and Kurt. Fans are not going to want to see Rachel with anyone other than Finn and that will pretty much be the show’s demise.

• Chris says:

I agree. I mean, no doubt episode three will probably do well with ratings, but after that, I feel ratings AND the story will sink. Like you said, no one’s really going to want Rachel with anyone else (and I’ve never cared about Finchel), and being this is Glee, I have a strong feeling that by episode 4, Finn will be forgotten, for the sake of not changing the tone of the show and also so Rachel doesn’t change. I can see them having her meet a new guy early on and to me, since FINCHEL was such a huge part of the show since the beginning, that seems tacky. Ratings go down all the time with this show, and I can’t imagine this season being truly successful.

• Caro says:

Could be a good opportunity to bring back Puck in the story line.. it could take care of Rachel and who knows …..

43. DK says:

I’m not even going to bother getting angry about the anonymous haters in this post crying about their poor original characters not being the focus anymore. Guess what? Glee is a television show. They EVOLVE. That’s just how it works. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. I also find it funny that everyone calls Glee’s ratings “crap” when it is still within the Top 5 of Fox’s programming. On top of this, it dropped just 13% of its audience this year, when most other shows dropped closer to 30%. People are watching TV far less live across the board. Factor in DVR numbers and Glee’s audience doubles. Oh, I think we should also remember that Glee is FOX’s only scripted program – ONLY SCRIPTED PROGRAM – to have a nomination in a major Emmy category this year. Spin the ratings however you want, but Glee has held up incredibly well and I’m sure it will get the ending it has always deserved. I’ll certainly be watching and, to be quiet honest, I really couldn’t care less if you do, so stop commenting about it. Take your hatred to ONTD_Glee. They’ll love you there.

• Ben says:

This. I remember reading a couple weeks back about how Glee is one of the few shows that FOX can still bank on. Their ratings are dropping across the board, as are most shows, and only a 13% drop off in this television climate is an impressive feat.

• Ben says:

This. I remember reading a couple weeks back about how Glee is one of the few shows that FOX can still bank on. Their ratings are dropping across the board, as are most on different networks, and only a 13% drop off in this television climate is an impressive feat.

• Facts says:

Glee only dropped 13% because it’s ratings were already lower than most network shows. Fox and NBC are the bottom of the ratings barrel (not counting the CW as a major network.) and at least NBC had the sense to scrap everything and start over.

• Julie says:

You sound awful bitter about people expressing their opinions on a message board. Also I can’t help but notice you also posted your comment anonymously so I think that just makes you a Grade A hypocrite. Enjoy your whining though.

• Trent says:

If Glee is still such a powerhouse for Fox than why are they willing to end it next season? You don’t do that with shows that are still successful.

• Laura says:

Ryan Murphy has always said that he can’t see Glee going past six seasons, so I’m pretty sure that this is just a case of a show running its course. It’s not like Glee’s hundreds of revenue streams still aren’t making them a lot of profit.

I also find it funny that the haters in this post call the Glee fans “whiners” for whining about the haters when all the haters do is whine about the show. Just saying. There’s a fine line between expressing your dislike for Glee and there being a constant (and quite unnecessary) throwing of hate against a TV series that is quite harmless. There is far worse on TV, believe me. When shows shine brightly as Glee once did, everyone always turn against them eventually. And that’s quite sad. The fact of the matter is that Glee, creatively and commercially, isn’t as terrible as some may believe. It’s in the middle of the pack in terms of ratings and not terrible by any means. It’s a solid performer in a troubling television landscape.

Julie, we’re all anonymous on the internet, if you think about it. That’s why people are so willing to throw around so much hate.

God, some people are bitter here. It’s so exhausting.

44. ethan says:

I love Glee, but i feel season 4 was inconsistent in more ways than possible……. The “new” characters were just clones of the original cast, and thus destined to have small, or no appeal at all, to the fans. The storylines made little sense most of the time, they even managed to make Mr. Shue irrelevant, characters were missing without any explanation, the catfish story was an absolute mess, Tina should have been on front row as it was “promised” to her on S3, Santana should have moved to NYC from the beggining and not a few episodes before the end of S4 etc. etc.
    I love this show with all my heart, but sometimes during S4 it was hard for me to watch….. I truly hope that this season will be more about new york and the core characters that made us invest in Glee in the first place…….

• Sil says:

Glee tried a new concept which failed IMO. The NY and Lima sides. There was no bridge or commonality. Finn was the only common denominator. Now he is gone. I never got the love for the new characters, so dull, IMO. I never had an affinity for bland Blaine. So, his possibility of going to NYADA just gives me nothing but not him. Glee meets the fun factor to many and not so to many others. Now that Cory and Finn are gone Glee is not Gleeful. If I choose to continue to watch it will be just an episode here or there with Rachel in it. I love Santana, Rachel and Kurt dynamic in New York, but I won’t ever be happy if Blaine moves in. I might jump the Glee train if that happens. Glee is not as good as it once was. I still love the music they produce but not as good as the original cast did. We’ll see how it goes.

• Mike says:

The only one on the new cast that any close to good is unique they should bring back the Original cast that’s where the fans really fell in love with And they have the best voices out of any of the new people except unique and it should Totally go New York Halfway through season five And bring unique to New York . The other thing is the second part of season five is going forward in time so then it would go to New York right? If it goes on Broadway or New York they can literally go on with the show because then they could bringing older people into the show . Let’s just hope in cory Honor the show doesn’t get canceled in season five.

• I agree with you Evan, I love watching glee. It’s the only reason I turn my T.V on and it’s sad that they lost a member to their cast. It was very heart breaking. But i still feel the show should go on .Rose. Oct. 17 2013 LET them know don’t stop the show

45. Ronnie says:

While I agree that Season 4 was a sort of a mess creatively, trying to balance telling new stories while continuing with some of the older ones, it’s still got a strong fan base, in spite of all the haters on this site. Also, it is still a popular show in the the international markets and a cash cow for the network. Personally, I enjoy it mostly for the musical numbers as some of them are quite good. It’s difficult to come up with 4-7 creative musical numbers every week and try to tell stories around them and I applaud and appreciate the effort even if some don’t work as well as others. What other scripted show, besides maybe Nashville (and not as creatively) does that?

46. dddddddddddd says:

“If we discover a new crop of kids and there’s some breakout, who knows. But right now, we’re thinking about two seasons”

Ouch! That’s like saying “The new kids suck so we’re going to end it unless we find a better group”.

• Sil says:

The new cast just got the message from Fox. They have to do better or if others outshine them, they will be replaced or the show ends. This new guard of characters are not as dynamic as the original cast was. But, many viewers like them. Many say they are glad of the Glee changes. New stories and new vocals. I don’t see new stories, but a rehash of old ones. But, many love the new cast vocals but I am left wanting to hear the choir voices of the original cast. I loved them as a choir. They blended so well. About Glee, every listener and viewer has their own perception of what is aired. We all like different things.
      Glee is only releasing info about 3 new characters all being older which seems they are for the NY side of Glee, perhaps Funny Girl producer and director, or even a cast member. Maybe, NY will be more focused on season 5. I hope so.

47. cupcakeluvin says:

Omg I wud just die if glee ended… There r so many ppl who wud b so happy 2 b on the show. Maybe they shud do another online audition or something. How cud glee end after only 6 years! Gleeks need 2 stick 2gether on this!!!

48. Kariann Hart says:

I love Glee and am looking forward to the coming seasons. There’s nothing like it on TV and I appreciate the talents of the Glee family.

49. Michael says:

In my opinion the original cast is the best the new cast sucks excepted unique is the only one really good in my opinion the show should go all NY halfway through season 5.

50. Kazz says:

I love Glee I sing an dance along with my 5 year old. What happened to Cory was very sad an I’m sure will be very hard for the cast an crew to carry on/get back to work etc