Exclusive: Syfy Picks Up Continuum for Season 3

Continuum Renewed Season 3Kiera Cameron’s future looks bright Stateside, as Syfy has officially picked up Season 3 of Continuum, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The Rachel Nichols-fronted Canadian production had received its order for another cycle earlier this summer, by Showcase.

RELATED | Performer of the Week Honorable Mention: Continuum‘s Rachel Nichols

Season 2 of the time-trippy drama, which airs its finale here on Friday, Aug. 30, ranks as the No. 1 original cable drama in its time slot among Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54 and total viewers (where it’s averaging 1.8 million weekly, with Live+7 playback) — up 21 percent, 18 percent and 21 percent versus Season 1.

RELATED | Syfy’s Defiance Installs Primeval Vet as New [Spoiler]

Season 3’s 13 episodes will unspool on Syfy sometime in 2014.

• Annie says:

Most excellent news. This one grew on me big time. Cannot wait to see how they write themselves out of the plastic box(es)!

1. Cate Amos says:

So glad that Syfy isn’t giving it the early axe like it does so many good shows.

• Brooke says:

The show is being produced by its Canadian production company regardless of what Syfy does, so they can’t really axe it. They just decide whether American viewers are going to get to see it or not.

• Marisa_once says:

You’re totally right. And since it’s cheaper to buy it than produce it, there might be hope for this series to have a long run in the US too. In my opinion Showcase will keep it on the air for many more season.

• dude says:

Well isn’t it like the highest-rated Canadian show they’ve ever had or something? So I’d say so.

• dosmastr says:

Stargate,, alll of the stargates… were also produced in canada for this reason, but they still got canned.
          Its all about the ratings.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Exactly. Still, for us yankees, this is news.

• It really isn’t Syfy… Like with Warehouse 13 getting the boot after this season, from the mouth of Eddie McClintock, it’s Comcast (who owns NBC/Syfy) that is canceling them, Syfy doesn’t want them to go anywhere ans has stepped up to bat for them :(

Thankfully they’ve reupped Continuum. It’s one of the best shows on TV right now, and isn’t really getting the recognition it deserves. It’s a great storyline, a great cast…

• Joseph says:

I agree! These corporate types… don’t care about the fans of great programing. I will give them credit thought, they have had some kick ass shows on the past few years! Now if we could only get them to keep them on the air, we would be all set. My favs are BREAKING BAD, CONTINUUM, ALPHAS,STRIKE BACK, DEXTER, WALKING DEAD, DOCTOR WHO, HOMELAND, LONGMIRE, DALLAS, FALLING SKIES, WAREHOUSE 13. So if you have not seen all of these shows check them out! Canada produces some really great shows, I have been paying close attention to what comes out of Canada since the 80’s, Remember Friday the thirteen the series? Great show! or Myth Quest…Check out EXTRATORRENT.WS For all the great shows. Happy Watching! LIBBER8

• Josh says:

The show, Hell on Wheels, is filmed in Alberta. So another one can be added to the list. Although, I think Longmire is filmed in Northern New Mexico. And, we cannot forget one of my favorite shows, Battlestar Galactica. Nonetheless, there are some good shows coming from our neighbors to the north.

• BABABa says:

sounds like all you do is watch tv, keep up the brainwashing, its good for you sheople

2. tjj50 says:

YAY! I binge-watched season one on netflix a couple of weeks ago!

3. Roger says:

No brained. Awesome show.

4. greysfan says:

Woohoo! I love this show and more of it the better.

5. Titania says:

Whoa! For a second I saw Neve Campbell in the picture!!

• Annie says:

OMG you’re right… there is definite Neve-ishness going on there. Which is odd since she really doesn’t look anything like her.

6. canadian ninja says:

Good news for Yanks. Even though s2 lost a lot of focus in the first half they’ve been really kicking it up a few notches in the eps just before the finale. Unbelievable what it looks like they’re planning for that too. Airs this Sunday in Canada.

7. Mikael says:

Excellent news! Continuum has quickly become one of my favorite shows. It just keeps getting better!

8. Michael Morgan says:

Quit watching this on Syfy when I realized they’re cutting the crap out of! I like to watch the WHOLE show, thank you very much!

9. Temperenace says:

Very intelligent sci-fi. Great news.

10. meatwad says:

my two favorite shows on Syfy(Lost Girl and Continuum) are Canadian imports, how sad syfy

11. tp says:

This is good news for the fans. I’m glad it being produced in Canada helps. I wish Alphas had been produced in Canada. SyFy cancels many good shows and keeps all the fake ghosts hunter shows on. I’m truly happy for the fans of Continuum. I only watch it sometimes.

12. Dina Barr says:

I suggest to offer Joe Flanigan a recurring role in the show :)

13. joterri says:

thank you!!!! Syfy

14. Grace says:

I’d really love it if we could get the third season at the same time as Canadians. I figured that the second season was delayed a few weeks because the first finished it’s run on SyFy pretty close to the start of the second on Showcase. But that obviously won’t be a problem this time! I’d just really like to be able to tell my DVR to only record “new” episodes (which would currently means it records nothing because it figures if an episode is new or not based on the original Canadian airdate).

15. john jones says:

This show is way to political but i believe the future will be just like Fridays Aug 2 edition just look at whats going on in this country

16. Steve says:

American fans looking to watch Continuum – get the Hola unblocker Chrome extension – it will let you mask the source of your IP address and watch the show directly on the Showcase website.

• Michael says:

Thanks Steve for this tip. Is there ANYWHERE Season 3’s episodes are currently available to view? If so, where? ;)

17. Tom says:

Noooo! It ended so well. So happy she never got to go back to her time. Perfect. Leave it as it is.
    Say no to season 3!!!!

18. dazzaw35 says:

I just finnished watching the season 2 finale and thought it was the best episode of the season.

Typical though all the scifi shows except Falling skies I watch have come finnished there seasons.

19. bob hope says:

Excellant show so far, but the more popular and exciting it is, the more seasons that will be produced for ratings and cash reasons and i fear the storyline will suffer. I love the show but dont drag it out to death. I wasted 7 years of my life watching lost. I hope im not doing the same here.

• Cassia says:

That’s a very good point. Although I feel it does have more story to tell, one more season perhaps? Also I too hope that Syfy stops cutting the show, lest I resort to watching it elsewhere. I can deal with ads but not censorship ta. A UK fan.

20. Tyjah says:

Thank you for making this show. I watched most of season 1 on Netflix and knew there was more so I went out and found a place where I could get the rest. I just finished season 2 (Continuum Marathon) and can’t wait for season 3. 2014 can’t come fast enough.

21. carrionne says:

When can we expect spoilers for the upcoming season?

22. ericka says:

This is the first show I’ve loved since Lost. Love it! Can’t wait for season 3!

23. joke rahman says:

I jst finished watching d season 2.its a great show, can’t wait 2 see wat happen next.

24. MarsA says:

Sometimes it takes a while for things to catch on.People are busy…I wish SyFy could do a revival of Outcasts, which was also a great show, but probably didnt have eno I gh time to build a sufficient fan base..

25. sanp56 says:

Travis cannot be dead. He is my favorite bad guy

26. dosmastr says:

I feel like I’m in such good company….nerds who can’t spell

27. Dominator of destruction says:

YYYEEEEESSS awesome show can’t wait to destroy things and plant seed and stuff and that

28. Joey Baggadonuts says:

I just binge-watched seasons 1and 2 in three days from a word of mouth recommendation. Since then, I’ve been telling anyone who will listen to watch this show… Can’t wait for season 3!

29. theREALstarbuck says:

Season three cant get here fast enough, its refreshing that syfy is actually showing original sci fi instead of wrestling, natural disaster B movies (sharknado) or fakeality shows, even if it is an import. I swear ever since they changed their spelling to look more an STD (spelling sounds like sify) they just stopped trying. No more sliders, star trek, stargate (anything star related is a no go) not even a farscape! I would take Lexx at this point. (kidding SyFy). I wouldnt brag about battlestar Galactica though, as one person commented on. They totally butchered the original, which holds its own even today. That female starbuck has nothing on the original maverick! People shouldnt have a liscence to just totally butcher a preexisting show, cocept, writings and movies. (Like vegan vampires with a secret desire for world peace!)