Exclusive: Syfy Picks Up Continuum for Season 3

Get More: News, Renewals

Continuum Renewed Season 3Kiera Cameron’s future looks bright Stateside, as Syfy has officially picked up Season 3 of Continuum, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The Rachel Nichols-fronted Canadian production had received its order for another cycle earlier this summer, by Showcase.

RELATED | Performer of the Week Honorable Mention: Continuum‘s Rachel Nichols

Season 2 of the time-trippy drama, which airs its finale here on Friday, Aug. 30, ranks as the No. 1 original cable drama in its time slot among Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54 and total viewers (where it’s averaging 1.8 million weekly, with Live+7 playback) — up 21 percent, 18 percent and 21 percent versus Season 1.

RELATED | Syfy’s Defiance Installs Primeval Vet as New [Spoiler]

Season 3′s 13 episodes will unspool on Syfy sometime in 2014.

Tags: ,

Comments (51)

• Woohoo

Comment by Michael Sacal – August 1, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most excellent news. This one grew on me big time. Cannot wait to see how they write themselves out of the plastic box(es)!

Comment by Annie – September 3, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad that Syfy isn’t giving it the early axe like it does so many good shows.

Comment by Cate Amos – August 1, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show is being produced by its Canadian production company regardless of what Syfy does, so they can’t really axe it. They just decide whether American viewers are going to get to see it or not.

Comment by Brooke – August 1, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re totally right. And since it’s cheaper to buy it than produce it, there might be hope for this series to have a long run in the US too. In my opinion Showcase will keep it on the air for many more season.

Comment by Marisa_once – August 1, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well isn’t it like the highest-rated Canadian show they’ve ever had or something? So I’d say so.

Comment by dude – August 1, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Stargate,, alll of the stargates… were also produced in canada for this reason, but they still got canned.
          Its all about the ratings.

Comment by dosmastr – October 12, 2013 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sg1 was on for ten years not exactly a canned series, the spinoffs just wernt as good unfortunately

Comment by nick – December 28, 2013 09:11 AM PDT
      • Exactly. Still, for us yankees, this is news.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 1, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And great news at that! I’ve become very fond of it, so I’m glad Syfy is airing it for us.

Comment by Brooke – August 1, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It really isn’t Syfy… Like with Warehouse 13 getting the boot after this season, from the mouth of Eddie McClintock, it’s Comcast (who owns NBC/Syfy) that is canceling them, Syfy doesn’t want them to go anywhere ans has stepped up to bat for them :(

Thankfully they’ve reupped Continuum. It’s one of the best shows on TV right now, and isn’t really getting the recognition it deserves. It’s a great storyline, a great cast…

Comment by Jen H. (@IamOhi) – August 30, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! These corporate types… don’t care about the fans of great programing. I will give them credit thought, they have had some kick ass shows on the past few years! Now if we could only get them to keep them on the air, we would be all set. My favs are BREAKING BAD, CONTINUUM, ALPHAS,STRIKE BACK, DEXTER, WALKING DEAD, DOCTOR WHO, HOMELAND, LONGMIRE, DALLAS, FALLING SKIES, WAREHOUSE 13. So if you have not seen all of these shows check them out! Canada produces some really great shows, I have been paying close attention to what comes out of Canada since the 80′s, Remember Friday the thirteen the series? Great show! or Myth Quest…Check out EXTRATORRENT.WS For all the great shows. Happy Watching! LIBBER8

Comment by Joseph – September 1, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The show, Hell on Wheels, is filmed in Alberta. So another one can be added to the list. Although, I think Longmire is filmed in Northern New Mexico. And, we cannot forget one of my favorite shows, Battlestar Galactica. Nonetheless, there are some good shows coming from our neighbors to the north.

Comment by Josh – September 28, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • sounds like all you do is watch tv, keep up the brainwashing, its good for you sheople

Comment by BABABa – November 29, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I binge-watched season one on netflix a couple of weeks ago!

Comment by tjj50 – August 1, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How were you able to? I cant get it. Its been stuck in my ‘Saved Queue’ for FOREVER.

Comment by KG31 – August 1, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s available on Netflix streaming.

Comment by Brooke – August 1, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couchtuner has every episode for immediate viewing

Comment by JEst – August 1, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No brained. Awesome show.

Comment by Roger – August 1, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo! I love this show and more of it the better.

Comment by greysfan – August 1, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa! For a second I saw Neve Campbell in the picture!!

Comment by Titania – August 1, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG you’re right… there is definite Neve-ishness going on there. Which is odd since she really doesn’t look anything like her.

Comment by Annie – September 3, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news for Yanks. Even though s2 lost a lot of focus in the first half they’ve been really kicking it up a few notches in the eps just before the finale. Unbelievable what it looks like they’re planning for that too. Airs this Sunday in Canada.

Comment by canadian ninja – August 1, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news! Continuum has quickly become one of my favorite shows. It just keeps getting better!

Comment by Mikael – August 1, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quit watching this on Syfy when I realized they’re cutting the crap out of! I like to watch the WHOLE show, thank you very much!

Comment by Michael Morgan – August 1, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very intelligent sci-fi. Great news.

Comment by Temperenace – August 1, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my two favorite shows on Syfy(Lost Girl and Continuum) are Canadian imports, how sad syfy

Comment by meatwad – August 1, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good news for the fans. I’m glad it being produced in Canada helps. I wish Alphas had been produced in Canada. SyFy cancels many good shows and keeps all the fake ghosts hunter shows on. I’m truly happy for the fans of Continuum. I only watch it sometimes.

Comment by tp – August 1, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I suggest to offer Joe Flanigan a recurring role in the show :)

Comment by Dina Barr – August 1, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank you!!!! Syfy

Comment by joterri – August 1, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d really love it if we could get the third season at the same time as Canadians. I figured that the second season was delayed a few weeks because the first finished it’s run on SyFy pretty close to the start of the second on Showcase. But that obviously won’t be a problem this time! I’d just really like to be able to tell my DVR to only record “new” episodes (which would currently means it records nothing because it figures if an episode is new or not based on the original Canadian airdate).

Comment by Grace – August 3, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is way to political but i believe the future will be just like Fridays Aug 2 edition just look at whats going on in this country

Comment by john jones – August 4, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American fans looking to watch Continuum – get the Hola unblocker Chrome extension – it will let you mask the source of your IP address and watch the show directly on the Showcase website.

Comment by Steve – August 5, 2013 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks Steve for this tip. Is there ANYWHERE Season 3′s episodes are currently available to view? If so, where? ;)

Comment by Michael – August 30, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo! It ended so well. So happy she never got to go back to her time. Perfect. Leave it as it is.
    Say no to season 3!!!!

Comment by Tom – August 13, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what?? YES TO SEASON 3

Comment by JOOJ – October 11, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just finnished watching the season 2 finale and thought it was the best episode of the season.

Typical though all the scifi shows except Falling skies I watch have come finnished there seasons.

Comment by dazzaw35 – August 15, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on divasupermum.

Comment by divasupermum – August 16, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellant show so far, but the more popular and exciting it is, the more seasons that will be produced for ratings and cash reasons and i fear the storyline will suffer. I love the show but dont drag it out to death. I wasted 7 years of my life watching lost. I hope im not doing the same here.

Comment by bob hope – August 16, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a very good point. Although I feel it does have more story to tell, one more season perhaps? Also I too hope that Syfy stops cutting the show, lest I resort to watching it elsewhere. I can deal with ads but not censorship ta. A UK fan.

Comment by Cassia – August 18, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for making this show. I watched most of season 1 on Netflix and knew there was more so I went out and found a place where I could get the rest. I just finished season 2 (Continuum Marathon) and can’t wait for season 3. 2014 can’t come fast enough.

Comment by Tyjah – August 22, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When can we expect spoilers for the upcoming season?

Comment by carrionne – August 25, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the first show I’ve loved since Lost. Love it! Can’t wait for season 3!

Comment by ericka – September 22, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I jst finished watching d season 2.its a great show, can’t wait 2 see wat happen next.

Comment by joke rahman – October 6, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sometimes it takes a while for things to catch on.People are busy…I wish SyFy could do a revival of Outcasts, which was also a great show, but probably didnt have eno I gh time to build a sufficient fan base..

Comment by MarsA – October 7, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Travis cannot be dead. He is my favorite bad guy

Comment by sanp56 – October 10, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he got the built in de-fib, he’s good to go haha

Comment by dosmastr – October 12, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like I’m in such good company….nerds who can’t spell

Comment by dosmastr – October 12, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YYYEEEEESSS awesome show can’t wait to destroy things and plant seed and stuff and that

Comment by Dominator of destruction – January 14, 2014 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just binge-watched seasons 1and 2 in three days from a word of mouth recommendation. Since then, I’ve been telling anyone who will listen to watch this show… Can’t wait for season 3!

Comment by Joey Baggadonuts – January 14, 2014 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season three cant get here fast enough, its refreshing that syfy is actually showing original sci fi instead of wrestling, natural disaster B movies (sharknado) or fakeality shows, even if it is an import. I swear ever since they changed their spelling to look more an STD (spelling sounds like sify) they just stopped trying. No more sliders, star trek, stargate (anything star related is a no go) not even a farscape! I would take Lexx at this point. (kidding SyFy). I wouldnt brag about battlestar Galactica though, as one person commented on. They totally butchered the original, which holds its own even today. That female starbuck has nothing on the original maverick! People shouldnt have a liscence to just totally butcher a preexisting show, cocept, writings and movies. (Like vegan vampires with a secret desire for world peace!)

Comment by theREALstarbuck – February 13, 2014 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post