Walking Dead DVD Exclusive: The Lost Season 3 Scene That Will Have Carol-Daryl Fans Swooning

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Carol and Daryl are so getting it on next season on The Walking Dead.

A never-before-seen sequence from Season 3′s 11th episode between Carol and Daryl’s late brother Merle, featured in the AMC smash’s S3 Blu-ray and DVD release (out Aug. 27) and previewed below, sheds startling new light on the deep bond between the survivors.

RELATED | Walking Dead Exclusive: New Details on the Governor’s Season 4 Comeback

In the clip, Carol extends a tasty peace offering to fellow “inmate” Merle, but before you can say “holy bait-and-switch Batman,” the soft-spoken widow bares her claws and delivers a rather graphic threat to the neighborhood bully.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Carol and Daryl are so getting it on in Season 4 (bowing Oct. 13), right?

Comments (52)

• This video is not available….

Comment by Shaun – July 31, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me either. Can someone please describe what happened in the clip for the unfortunate ones who can’t see it?

Comment by Laura Aliaga – July 31, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Carol goes into a cell holding Merle acting sweet and offering him some food. She tells him the tells him that she thinks she still alive because people underestimate her. She tells him if he screws things up, messes with Daryl, she will still his throat while he sleeps. She’s very calm and almost polite the way she delivers her speech. Not much, but it with as few lines as Carol gets, I wish it hadn’t been cut.

Comment by CR – July 31, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What you forgot to mention is that while Carol is telling Meryl this, Daryl walks up behind her and hears every word she says! Then he walks away before Carol sees him. And then Meryl starts grinning ear to ear.

Comment by Bethany Ball – July 31, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LOL your right, I totally forgot to mention that…

Comment by chiianna – July 31, 2013 12:05 PM PDT
          • Well CR did too.. So I don’t feel bad missing it in my transcript of it either :) CR gets brownie points though for pointing out how calm that Carol is when delivering it. She says it all in the same polite tone that she has when saying “here is your food, your part of the family”…

Comment by chiianna – July 31, 2013 12:08 PM PDT
          • probably doesn’t matter much, but she actually walks away without seeing Darryl there, Darryl & Meryl look at each other then Darryl walks away, next comes Meryl’s grin. I agree, good scene to be left in…but who are we right?

Comment by Kimberly – August 4, 2013 06:39 PM PDT
        • Thanks so much for describe.. I can’t see the video ’cause it is not available in my country. For what you said, I wished this scene was not cut off too *___*

Comment by Bianca Cardial – July 31, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Damn autocorrect, she says slit his throat not still his throat. I’m not sure if Daryl heard all this or not cause he was standing back a bit and she said it really quietly. But you are correct, I forgot to mention he is shown in the background watching her have a word with Merle.

Comment by CR – July 31, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :-D

Comment by AnnieM – July 31, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The producers should of left that in the show !

Comment by Whatever – July 31, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree completely, a cool direction to take Carol’s character

Comment by ConKnee – July 31, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy shizzles! I sure hope they do. It’s about time for this dynamic duo to get it on!

Comment by Lynne – July 31, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no idea which line is better… that one or Carol telling Andrea to slit the Governor’s throat… Either way, I got to agree with another poster, they should have left it in. both actors (especially Rooker now) didn’t get enough screen time and are really both quite good. It would have played in really well to why “Merle did what he did” at the end.

Comment by chiianna – July 31, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg. I have GOT to see this clip. Please make it available ASAP. Thank you.

Comment by Erica – July 31, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh crap. So does this mean it’s not available outside the US? Dang Dang and quadruple Dang with a “grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr” added on.

Comment by Erica – July 31, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That made my day.

Comment by Ash – July 31, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We also got a glimpse of this Carol when she told Andrea to have sex with the governor and then kill him in his sleep. Advice that sadly, Andrea ignored.

Comment by Babygate – July 31, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice!! Carol protecting her man :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 31, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why was this cut?! They seriously couldn’t make time to include this scene?!

Comment by GeekGirl13 – July 31, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They did a scene with Hershel instead which I thought was better. I didn’t like Carol coming off as a bad a$$. That just doesn’t suit her personality at all.

Comment by Kimberly Player – September 12, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was awesome! I love Carol! They definitely should have left that in the show. I am seriously hoping for a Carol and Daryl hook-up.

Comment by MrsTV – July 31, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the reason they cut it. Was because it was redundant with what she told Andrea.

Comment by Will – July 31, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think that it is redundant at all with what Carol told Andrea. In this one she was protecting Daryl and in the Andrea line, she was trying to stop the Governor. Unless you consider that Carol is comparing Merle to the Governor, minus the Carol sleeping with Merle.

For those who can’t see the clip, the very short version is:

Carol basically brings Merle some food, she says that she figures he is part of their family now. That she should have been dead several times by now, he agrees with her “for us all” (implying that him too), she basically says that she has survived by people underestimating her and that he shouldn’t do that to her. She accuses him of making “the rounds” and says not to screw this up for Daryl and says that if he does that she will slit his throat as he sleeps.

Comment by chiianna – July 31, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you Chilanna!

Comment by urbanmommy – July 31, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. The idea was to show the darker, protective side of Carol and that was accomplished much more effectively by the conversation she had with Andrea. Had I seen this clip without knowing about the Andrea exchange, I might have though that Carol was just bluffing here.

Comment by Babygate – July 31, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought that was pretty amazing and I’m rather shocked that they left it out!

Comment by Adrienne Cook (@adrienne_cook) – July 31, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damnit, I cannot view this! This is torture – I love Carol & Daryl! I wish you embedded videos that ALL fans of your site could see!

Comment by Connie – July 31, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was awesome. Thanks!

Comment by kelsey – July 31, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that DOESN’T want Carol and Daryl to get together?? In my brain, they are just both victims of abuse who have bonded over their pain in a bad situation. I think it would be more compelling for them NOT to be together and form a Brother/Sister bond with her losing her family and his losing his brother. Become a family that way. Daryl is pretty harsh, I think Carol needs a loving man who can express himself openly, the opposite of her husband. Daryl isn’t that man.

Comment by Hyde – July 31, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see the point in them getting together anyway. Okay, so let’s say they do. Then what….? How will the show’s story benefit from the two of them bumping uglies?

Comment by jake91 – July 31, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Its Carol and Daryl!

The show already benefits from the never-been-done.before angle of their story, I could watch every single permutation available on TV and would never find something like the two of them on TV.

It’s like looking for an interracional pairing like Maggie and Glenn in the CW.

Comment by Whitewalker – July 31, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It wouldn’t change anything. It’s just to please middle aged mothers who ship the couple and write fanfic while the kids are at school and the husbands are away…

Comment by Don – July 31, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If it wouldn’t change anything why do you care?

Comment by Ash – August 2, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LOL I just figured Don was some troll who’s wife writes fanfic and was feeling a bit jealous of some fanfic that his wife is paying more attention too… Why else would someone bring it up here. (It is the only reason I can think of for such rude behavior on his part)

Comment by chiianna – August 2, 2013 05:46 PM PDT
    • I could not agree more. I have never observed the Carol Daryl relationship anywhere near sexual, one line “you want to mess around” which is uncomfortably laughed off does not count. It is much more like a mother son relationship. Daryl comes from an abusive house hold, there is no mention if mom was even around. He is looking for that parental role model, one that he has had only Meryl to model after. Carol is finding her independence when her abusive husband died, she now sees herself as a powerful woman who after loosing her daughter will not let anything happen to her children ever again. I find this to be the most sensitive relationship on the show, and the surrogate mother/son paradigm to be the most interesting. I hope they don’t Hollywood it up by having them hook up.

Comment by steven – August 2, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, you’re definitely not! If they do pair them together, for whatever God-forsaken reason, I’ll easily ignore it while trying not to gag.

Comment by Susan Greene-Pearce – September 12, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good clip. That scene should have been in the episode.

Comment by Joey – July 31, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hopefully someone will upload this to youtube so everyone can watch it.

Comment by liz – July 31, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have left that in. Not only for the Carol/Darryl tones, but for showing how much Carol has grown and become self assured and badazz, but also for getting the chance to let Darryl see someone defending him and protecting him from someone as bad as his brother. I love that he got to hear/see it!

Comment by Mare – July 31, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I ship Caryl so hard.

Comment by Sabrina – July 31, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me and you both

Comment by TWDLOVER – October 19, 2013 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl and Carol are not getting together in Season 4.

Comment by You Wish – July 31, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!! In fact, I doubt they’ll EVER get together. They don’t belong together. They’re no more than good friends who have ONE thing in common.. abusive pasts. And I don’t see any ‘romance’ in any of the past episodes like a lot of people seem to.. of course, I don’t look through rose-covered glasses either :P

Comment by Susan Greene-Pearce – September 12, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely getting together at some point. Carol threatens Merle about messing with Daryl, while Daryl protectively watches over her from a distance. There was no reason for the writers to place Daryl in the background of that scene than to stress the connection between those two characters.

Comment by lanternfive – August 1, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carol shoudl live and survive. Period. Favorite underestimated underrated character.

Comment by Mark P – August 1, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For anyone who can’t ever see these clips like me, they’re always to be found on YouTube. For this one search ‘walking dead season 3 deleted scene merle and carol’ :)

Comment by Leah – August 2, 2013 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I felt that the group repeatedly tried to bring Merle into the fold so to speak that last episode…even Michonne after what he had intended to do to her… and this clip just does not fit that theme.

Comment by Tambra – August 2, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • S#*t yes Carol! Boom! The moral of the story is, if you are not on Carol’s good side, sleep with one eye open or lock yourself in! LOL

Comment by Ponda Weakley – August 27, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be so right for Carol & Daryl to get together. She’ beautiful & he needs a woman not a girl

Comment by Robin – September 12, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is obviously something between them. Daryl cares for her deeply. I love both characters and something as close to normal as possible would be sweet. Daryl is damaged and a relationship with Carol would be sweet.

Comment by Mary – September 12, 2013 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who thinks that is absolutely hilarious!!! XD gotta love carol!!

Comment by TWDLOVER – October 18, 2013 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post