ABC Family Renews Switched At Birth, Orders Additional Episodes of Fosters and Twisted

switched-at-birth-300Bay & Co. will be back: ABC Family has renewed Switched at Birth for a third season, the network announced Tuesday.

Birth, which is nearing the end of its second season, is “like no other show on television and we are so proud to have it as part of our family,” Kate Juergens, executive VP of original programming and development at ABC Family, said in a statement. “Adding additional seasons and episodes of our returning series spotlights how well our programming resonates with our audience.”

RELATEDExclusive The Fosters Video: Brandon and Callie Return to an Empty House

The network has also ordered additional episodes of its freshman summer series The Fosters and Twisted.

The renewal/extensions come a week after the cabler cancelled Amy Sherman-Palladino’s ballet-themed dramedy Bunheads.

Switched at Birth‘s third season is set to launch in January 2014. The drama currently airs Mondays at 8/7c.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the renewal.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals

1. veronica says:

Cant wait for Switched at Birth…..Love Bay!

2. Tara says:

LOVED SWITCHED AT BIRTH. HURRY W MORE EPISODES! !!!! !

3. Tiffany says:

I love switched at birth. . It’s my favorite show.. I don’t watch anything else. . I can’t wait to watch season 3.. I really hope they don’t kill off Ty bcuz I really like his character. . I love them all..

4. LilCas23 says:

I really hope Mary Beth tells Bay that Ty didn’t really cheat on her it was some other guy with his girlfriend in his bed Ty and Bay are the cutest couple Ty was first not Emmett and he actually cheated on her yea I know he’s sorry but Ty and Bay will always be made for each other there really good together but Ty also lied to Bay what I think they should do I think they should make Ty’s plane crash or something then they can’t find him so then Mary Beth tells Bay that Ty didn’t really cheat on her and then she feels sorry for self again like she always does then Ty comes back up kinda broken broken leg broken arm stuff like that and then she goes and sees him and then they get back together and Ty cause he’s hurt gets an honorable discharge and then they get together not Bay and Emmett Bay and Ty best match ever

5. LilCas23 says:

Ty and Bay are the cutest couple Ty was first not Emmett and he actually cheated on her yea I know he’s sorry but Ty also lied to Bay what I think they should do I think they should make Ty’s plane crash or something then they can’t find him so then Mary Beth tells Bay that Ty didn’t really cheat on her and then she feels sorry for self again like she always does then Ty comes back up kinda broken broken leg broken arm stuff like that and then she goes and sees him and then they get back together and Ty cause he’s hurt gets an honorable discharge and then they get together not Bay and Emmett Bay and Ty best match ever

6. anonymous says:

#TeamBayandTY <3

7. Rachel says:

Omg just finsh watchin season 3 of switch at birth they need to do season 4 already and more epiosdes….

8. Darcy says:

I started watching Switched at Birth when all 3 seasons were posted I found it in April 2014. It’s the beginning of May 2014 and I have watched all three seasons……need season 4 ! When will it be released? Of course my daughter is watching it also. So I am re watching it with her. Yes it’s that good!