Under the Dome Renewed for Season 2

Under the Dome TrailerThe folks in Chester’s Mill would be well-advised to sit tight, seeing as CBS has renewed it’s summertime hit Under the Dome for a 13-episode second season, to air in Summer 2014.

VIDEO | Under the Dome Cast Playfully Plots Junior’s Death

“We’re excited to tell more stories about the mystery of the dome and the secrets in Chester’s Mill,” CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said in a statement Monday, “and are thrilled to have the master storyteller himself, Stephen King, tell the first one of next season.”

A small-screen adaptation of the Stephen King novel, Dome premiered to 13.5 million total viewers with a 3.3 demo rating, and and at last tally had amassed 20 million with a 4.6 rating, with DVR data and non-linear playback factored in.

The 13-episode freshman drama’s most recent episode drew 11.4 mil and a 2.8 in Live+Same Day ratings.

Comments (155)

• How do they expect to tend it now…? I was really curious to see how they’d murder the whole of Chester’s Mill except for the 26 people. Disappointing. It’ll probably be an ending where everyone rides of into the sunset. Not Stephen King at all.

Comment by Mitchell – August 14, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d also like to see how they will tie up all the odds and ends and end the tale.

In the Brit series (BBC) characters aren’t also available for the second and third seasons and have to be killed off or sent away. Are all the actors committed to a second season?

Comment by Jois Josie – August 30, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show and I am really looking forward to another season! I haven’t read the book, but I do hope that CBS doesn’t make it a super drawn out show, because it could get real old real fast.

Comment by Kyndall L – August 16, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cbs pull your finger out we cant wait a full year to find out what happens next surely it can be aired sooner than summer 2014

Comment by paul redmond – August 23, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But…….the pink stars are falling in lines.

Comment by James – August 27, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought this was going to be only 13 episodes. this may wind up being like lost. going on forever and no one understanding it. just sayin’

Comment by Joe – September 3, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont want to wait a whole year for another season……

Comment by amanda – September 3, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no that means the dome will never disappear and it will be “Lost” all over again.
    Stick to the book and just end it. I was just watching it to see what’s gonna happen. Now it’s pointless since they probably gonna keep going forever without getting somewhere.

Comment by Roland – September 4, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have one question. What happened to the nuclear bomb? The outside of the dome looks pretty good considering it was nuked only days earlier, no?!?!

Comment by Kris – September 4, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love this show!!! so glad they are bringing in more seasons….I just don’t like waiting til next year though lol

Comment by carol – September 7, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that’ll finish it for me. Despite mediocre acting and absolutely *horrible* continuity editing throughout (note to sounds effects people: bolt action rifles don’t make shotgun-type clack-clack sounds when being loaded), I stuck with it to see how the story would resolve. Now that they’ve decided to string it along, I’ve got no reason to tune in anymore. Guess I’ll buy the book.

Comment by Drew – September 11, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Drew, I couldn’t agree more! Thought I was the only one who noticed the *HORRIBLE* continuity editing. Too many things to mention, makeup mishaps, bruises on different sides of the face; location shots wrong; some things used that didn’t exist at that time – arrgghh! – and other sound effects as well – and boring acting – no one should watch this, but EVERYONE should read the book.

Comment by Barbara – September 14, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kinda dumb they are making a second season. I really enjoyed the first season but I also wanted it to just be a mini series.

Comment by Scott Walker – September 12, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointing that they turned it into a multi-season “tv show” versus a short miniseries. I’ve read the book twice & the show seems to be taking its own direction….I didn’t think the show could last13 episodes let alone 26.

Comment by Tasha – September 16, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be 100% honest I absolutely LOVE the show! One of the Only shows I’ve even Wanted to keep up with in Years! And so what if there is gay relationships in it!? Do you Really think a show is gonna make any difference. You’re either born straight or gay. Period. A show isn’t gonna make or break you one way or the other. I personaly believe whatever makes you happy, do it. No matter who you wanna be with. And honestly it doesn’t have much to do with the show. The discussion is for the show and our views on the Whole thing, not being stuck on the gay or straight aspect of it all. The show to me, is awesome. It has some of everything and I can’t get enough of it! I have Always loved Stephen King since I was a very young girl and I have loved All his stuff since then. Books and movies alike. This is the first show I know of that I’ve seen from the begining to end of his. And I am So glad I’m a part of it. Not Only is it an awesome show BUT it is also something I bond with my boyfriends sister over! We Both LOVE the show and if we can’t watch it together we record it and wait till we can before we watch it. Its one of the Best shows I’ve Ever watched! It was So easy for me to get into and its SO hard for me to get out of! Y’all Really did do a wonderful job on this show! Its my 100% favorite now! And I can NOT wait till the 2nd season starts now!!! :)

Comment by Kayla Buckner – September 16, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the show and yes it was never a mini series. Only thing i really cant stand is that its not coming back until next year! By that time i will have forgot and lost intrest..

Comment by John M – September 16, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WAS HAPPY WHEN THAT F*CKING LESBIAN DIED SO I CONTINUED WATCHING THIS GRATE SERIE WITHOUT HOMOS.

BUT! IF THEY KILL BARBIE IN SEASON TWO, THEN THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH IN THIS SERIE, BESIDE NICE VISUAL EFFECTS. EVEARY EPISODE NEEDS GOOD, STRONG, CAPABLE CHARACTER… AND BESIDE BARBIE, ALL OTHERS ARE BORING.

HOPE SOMEBODY IMPORTMANT READ THIS. Thank you

Comment by Vlatko – September 17, 2013 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On September 16, 2013, Under the Dome officially jumped the shark. With scars on its legs dripping pink stars, UTD transitioned from a guilty pleasure to an insipid waste of time. I’ve got more useful things to do with my time like sorting laundry and washing my brain by beating it on a rock by the river.

Comment by SciFi Fanatic – September 17, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best news ever!

Comment by Meuriella Alma Hall – September 18, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big mistake!!!!!! We’ve spent enough time “Under the Dome”…most of us just waiting for Big Jim to get his. It is getting boring..good series that should have ended. More???? thanks, but, no thanks.

Comment by J H Thomas – September 23, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got here on 1/26/2014 looking for information about continued episodes of this show. That is not what I found. I found hateful heterosexual people being judged by liberal homosexual people. Let’s ALL drop judgement and talk about the writing, acting and truth to the original. If we want to see more or less, that is the base of why.

Comment by Liz B – January 26, 2014 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post